Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat (27337 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Security Threat In N-delta Over Non-payment Of Amnesty Allowances - Vanguard / Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Biafradiplomat: 11:30am On Aug 22, 2013
This is a very dangerous slide I must say, very very dangerous indeed. All I can see is a systematic state sponsored oppression targeted at the Igbos, it's not a coincidence that it is coming on the heels of the Ladipo debacle. LASG is shooting themselves at the foot by trying to eat their cake and still have it, they have been going about yapping on how to make Lagos a hub and Mega city but they forget that this can only be achieved by making everyone feel at home and invest irrespective of ethnic affiliation, I feel the reason may be because of the heavy influx of Igbos into Lagos which was exacerbated by insecurity in the North and the Yorubas are feeling threatened that Igbos might outnumber them in Lagos if nothing is done about it but they forget that Igbos are not trouble makers, if it is the Hausas that number this much with same amount of investment, they would have chased the Yorubas out of Lagos. Fashola should thread softly so he doesn't throw away the baby with the bath water. Genocide cannot be perpetrated against the Igbos in Lagos simply because the Yorubas do not outnumber the Igbos, rather there could only be a very bloody war that would reduce Lagos to rubble but is that what we want? Fashola must be called to order before things get out of hand. Enough said.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by PStacks(m): 11:37am On Aug 22, 2013
One thing I know for sure is thet.... Eko o ni baje ooo.

Under Fashola's watch, Eko baje ti..

Eko o ni baje ....
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by willibounce: 11:48am On Aug 22, 2013
Tosin7: i do not buy the idea of lasg harrassing ibos here and there. the last time it was imposition of a ruler on them and now it is intimidation and harrasment. this is way too bad. am doing my internship at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital (NAUTH) nnewi, there are good number of yorubas working either as nurse, cleaner, messenger etc. And I learnt that most of the people at aspmda are nnewi people from Anambra. I don't know what will happen to me if this lawlessness by fashola continues. Let peace reign.

Them no born theiR papa weLL to touch u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? / Switzerland To Transfer $300Million Abacha Loot To Nigeria – Minister / How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.