Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat (27335 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Security Threat In N-delta Over Non-payment Of Amnesty Allowances - Vanguard / Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
A lot of people need to read and understand the Land Use Act.

There's nothing like FG territory in a state. The FG is merely a tenant (sort of).

All lands except those owned under customary land laws in a state territory belong to the state government with the Governor as the custodian.

Well, could this be the aftermath of careless statements and hollow chest-beating?

Or just a routine attempt to regulate all sectors of the lagos economy , formal and informal?

Depending on how it is, I expect diplomacy and co-operation will be in perfect order.

Lagos remains hospitable to all.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by khamas19: 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: I should be asking you if you didn't read my comment well. Am talking of tenement rate which festac residents have refused to pay. tenement rent is different from trade permit. I repeat, those who live in festac houses do not pay tenement fees to Amuwo LG ,but shop owners, schools, markets hotels etc pay taxes or trade permit to Amuwo LG.

HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? cool

Semantics! smh .....and you are certain these same people who would not submit to the law and pay tenement charges
will pay taxes?. Pls
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
Lagos is not for the poor and it is not for criminals. If you cant live in Lagos, go back to your village, be it SW, SS, SE, or North.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by DeNoble1(m): 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
deeptesting: LASG should stop harassing Igbo traders in Lagos State and labeling them all sorts of names......If the traders refused to pay tax to the LASG because the market and land belongs to the Federal Government how does that constitute to a security threat? Nonsense.
Thank God some of us here understand english. Nothing in the statement suggests security threat to LASG. I wander how a great leader like Fashola cannot control his hatred for the Igbos who have contributed immensely to the development of the state.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
khamas19:

Semantics! smh .....and you are certain these same people who would not submit to the law and pay tenement charges
will pay taxes?. Pls
Festac Town house owners believe they don't owe the LG any charges so you can't force them to pay. The most annoying part is issuing threats to the residents in the letters by suing them to court if they refuse to pay. All na wash! grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by khamas19: 1:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: Festac Town house owners believe they don't owe the LG any charges so you can't force them to pay. The most annoying part is issuing threats to the residents in the letters by suing them to court if they refuse to pay. All na wash! grin

And rightly so!...the courts will decide...is that not how it should be in a sane society?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
khamas19:

And rightly so!...the courts will decide...is that not how it should be in a sane society?
Of course it is, but how many residents will the LG sue? I can tell you that almost all festac house owners do not pay tenement charges to Amuwo Odofin. it's just a wasted effort.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by naptu2: 1:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
There are so many things missing in that article that it makes it difficult for someone to make an informed comment.

1) What security threat? In what way are they a threat?

2) In what way have they violated the law guiding their operations?

3) In what way does the government want them to regularise their operations?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
naptu2: There are so many things missing in that article that it makes it difficult for someone to make an informed comment.

Let me answer your questions:

answer to number 1 is BOKO HARAM!

Number 2 is, they need Baba Oloja

number 3 is they must pay tax whether they like it or not!

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by fr3do(m): 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
Demdem: If those fools can't comply with the laws of the land, they should be dealt with severally. That shouldnt be too much for LASG to acheive.
Better still, impose on them Babaloja to instill the desired disclipline.
What nonsense.
did u read the post?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Demdem(m): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: Am highly disappointed in your comment! Later you'll say you are not a bigot. smh. cry

Anything LASG is doing concerning Igbos should not jeopardize or affect Ngige's ambition to become the next governor of Anambra State. Anambrarians are yet to forget the deportation saga. Most spare parts dealers in ASPAMDA are from Anambra especially Nnewi. Ngige is not from Nnewi. LASG should trade with caution.

I don't see ibos, I see miscreants who are not ready to obey the laws. Not only ibos sell spare parts even if they are in the majority. Miscreants are meant to be dealt with.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by khamas19: 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: Of course it is, but how many residents will the LG sue? I can tell you that almost all festac house owners do not pay tenement charges to Amuwo Odofin. it's just a wasted effort.

On the contrary my dear!...laws are just words on a piece of paper till they are enforced. I believe that is
what the state is on about at the moment. Order is the watch word here...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Demdem(m): 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
luvinhubby:
I thought the last doctor succeeded, or,....oh i see, a relapse, sorry ooo!! cheesy

U made no sense. Ur post is really daft. Is it a reflection of ur being?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
Demdem:

I don't see ibos, I see miscreants who are not ready to obey the laws. Not only ibos sell spare parts even if they are in the majority. Miscreants are meant to be dealt with.
Am still disappointed at your comment! Demdem, you fall my hand ! cry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by deeptesting(m): 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
naptu2: There are so many things missing in that article that it makes it difficult for someone to make an informed comment.

Mehn u hv changed my perception about you with this single contribution of yours to promote justice,equity and fairness....If this is the original Naptu.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by aryzgreat: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2013

was this account hacked? the most reasonable comment ever frm this monicker, d original naptu must nt see ds comment.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Demdem(m): 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2013
fr3do:
did u read the post?

Are u ok?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
aryzgreat:

was this account hacked? the most reasonable comment ever frm this monicker, d original naptu must nt see ds comment.
Naptu is not and has never been a bigot! cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? / Salihu Tanko-Yakasai: SSS Confirms The Arrest and Detention Of Ganduje's Ex-Aide / Switzerland To Transfer $300Million Abacha Loot To Nigeria – Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.