Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,052 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat (27282 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Security Threat In N-delta Over Non-payment Of Amnesty Allowances - Vanguard / Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by mrborntodoit: 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
grin Hot Thread, make una no forget to hustle oooo grin'
Arguement no dey put food for tablegrin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by RedMullet: 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
Biafra diplomat: This is a very dangerous slide I must say, very very dangerous indeed. All I can see is a systematic state sponsored oppression targeted at the Igbos, it's not a coincidence that it is coming on the heels of the Ladipo debacle. LASG is shooting themselves at the foot by trying to eat their cake and still have it, they have been going about yapping on how to make Lagos a hub and Mega city but they forget that this can only be achieved by making everyone feel at home and invest irrespective of ethnic affiliation, I feel the reason may be because of the heavy influx of Igbos into Lagos which was exacerbated by insecurity in the North and the Yorubas are feeling threatened that Igbos might outnumber them in Lagos if nothing is done about it but they forget that Igbos are not trouble makers, if it is the Hausas that number this much with same amount of investment, they would have chased the Yorubas out of Lagos. Fashola should thread softly so he doesn't throw away the baby with the bath water. Genocide cannot be perpetrated against the Igbos in Lagos simply because the Yorubas do not outnumber the Igbos, rather there could only be a very bloody war that would reduce Lagos to rubble but is that what we want? Fashola must be called to order before things get out of hand. Enough said.

It's very dangerous for Ibos to look for trouble in Lagos....Fashola has subtly warned them during the deportation saga...the stakes are just too high to contemplate going into any skirmishes.

Those shade of red are dangerous territories before Ibos can reach any where near the comfortable zone.

Yorubas surely outnumbered Ibos in Lagos...since Lagos is not just about the Lagos Island and mainland.

You guys should use your head and stop talking carelessly.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by SORTER: 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^See your dirty bigoted mouth like 'Yorubas own the complex now'! Geez you sound so disgusting mate! So in your corroded mind, anything owned by the Lagos state gov't translates to being owned by Yorubas abi?

Listen!: to run a concession doesn't confer ownership; whoever owns the freehold/business can give out the business or a part of it to be run by an individual or body using the original businesses name. A definition i found states: a concession is an arrangement where someone is given the right to sell a product or to run a business, especially in a building belonging to another business/person.

Any party that isn't happy with the present situation should take the other to court, let the courts decide. It's childish to keep on ranting about our land.....our land whenever Lagos state gov't has any disagreement with a business/body on an issue......they are not infallible you know!
.......WHAT IS THIS FLAT HEAD SAYING?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
Hehehe. So many hidden posts. The "owners" of Lagos are at it again.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by naptu2: 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
aryzgreat:

was this account hacked? the most reasonable comment ever frm this monicker, d original naptu must nt see ds comment.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Another ad hominem post.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by mascot87(m): 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: Festac Town house owners believe they don't owe the LG any charges so you can't force them to pay. The most annoying part is issuing threats to the residents in the letters by suing them to court if they refuse to pay. All na wash! grin
What makes you prefer Lagos a Yoruba owned territory to your home town back in the village and at dsame time you castigate the government of your host community.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by mrborntodoit: 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: Let me answer your questions:

answer to number 1 is BOKO HARAM!

Number 2 is, they need Baba Oloja

number 3 is they must pay tax whether they like it or not!

grin grin

What has babaoloja got to do with spare parts? Lagosians are used to touting especially the unsuccessful members of the society. Egun je no be salary. Make una wake up and stop sleeping on keke marwagrin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Demdem(m): 1:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: Am still disappointed at your comment! Demdem, you fall my hand ! cry

Well can't help ur disappointment.
U guys tend to localized issues. Any little thing, ibos are threatened. This victim card ibos uses most times is nauseating.
I have no issues with ibos and I have great friends that are ibos and I respect ibos a lot.
However on this issue, I see fools who aren't ready to contribute their qouta to the local authorities hiding under ridicoulous reasons. A responsive local authority for that matter by Nigerian standard.
I don't care where they come from, those criminals simply needs to be crushed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Asoozy: 1:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: Naptu is not and has never been a bigot! cool

He is a bigoted bigot just like you!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by bloggernaija: 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: There are so many instances where LASG imposes tax on FG properties. Festac Town is a perfect example. We all know FG owns Festac Town. Amuwo Odofin LG gives each festac resident a certain tenement bill asking them to pay some certain amount of money. The festac residents vowed not to pay that money. Amuwo Odofin LG issued threats through letters and still yet , Festac residents refused to Oblige. Festac Residents pay tenement bills to FHA.why should the Local Government request for bills to be paid? What right does an LG or LASG have to impose tax on FG properties? Just as there are Federal Roads and State Roads, there are also FG properties and State properties.

The federal government has no right to collect local taxes.
Any individual that uses local or state infrastructure must pay taxes to the state or local government.
The spare part sellers are simply telling the state government that they are functionally useless to her.
At this rate,The government need to regularise and formalilze or the sectors of the SW economy
they should support the corporate type SW businessmen to set up franchises to do this business which the Ibos seem to think they are ordained to do.
bring back the lebanese businessmen of old .
At least , they will pay taxes
We will see who will be crying at the end of the day.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
Red_Mullet:

It's very dangerous for Ibos to look for trouble in Lagos....Fashola has subtly warned them during the deportation saga...the stakes are just too high to contemplate going into any skirmishes.

Those shade of red are dangerous territories before Ibos can reach any where near the comfortable zone.

Yorubas surely outnumbered Ibos in Lagos...since Lagos is not just about the Lagos Island and mainland.

You guys should use your head and stop talking carelessly.

Not only that, Lagos is completely surrounded by Yorubaland. The only escape route is either the sky or the ocean.
If you cannot fly or swim don't cause trouble.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by naptu2: 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: Let me answer your questions:

answer to number 1 is BOKO HARAM!

Number 2 is, they need Baba Oloja

number 3 is they must pay tax whether they like it or not!

grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by eagleeye2: 1:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
Yoruba vs Igbo
abeg when the fight go start...... I go siddon jeje dey watch this season film....
Fashola, abeg after your tenure pack go village or Tinubu house.... no even think of elective position on a national scale.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by mrborntodoit: 1:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
mascot87:
What makes you prefer Lagos a Yoruba owned territory to your home town back in the village and at dsame time you castigate the government of your host community.

Lagos is part and parcel of the Federal Republic of Nigeria so what the nack are you talking about ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by unicon25: 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
Lazyness at its peek

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by mascot87(m): 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
mr_born_todo_it:

Lagos is part and parcel of the Federal Republic of Nigeria so what the nack are you talking about ?
Why do you people then refuse to sell your lands to others except your own people?Also, when you people were given ultimatum to leave the North last year, why didn't you people protest and say the North is part and parcel of the federal republic of Nigeria?My advice for you people is that since GEJ as mandated you people to create another state in the east to make it 6 state,try and make the state ae wonderful as possible,make it a state you would be proud of ad much as possible.Regarding igbos laying claims to Lagos as no man's land....... it's a dream you people will continue dreaming till the world seize to exist. That is just a fact that you can decide to take or leave.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by telexfree1: 2:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
PDPwayoo: Not only security threat. They r criminals.
A trader in Benue line owe me 1.4m naira. The criminal association called task force promise to help me get the money or stop the man from trading in the premises on 10% of the money going to the association. I agreed and paid the consultation fee.

Immediately the man came and start speaking igbo, the story changed. Because they knew i had flight the following day, they gave him 30 days to bring the money.
I was told to embark on my travel that they will pay the money into my mother's account.

After 30 days, my brother went to the criminals office, they told him they cant do anything unless i come personally to their office.
I would have gone to court or police station b4 i left, but they have me assurance and asked not to report to authorities.

The vice chairman of the task force is a thief and a racist. the chairman is weak and easily manipulated by tribalism.

That's sad. Have you collected your money back ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by telexfree1: 2:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
Tosin7: i do not buy the idea of lasg harrassing ibos here and there. the last time it was imposition of a ruler on them and now it is intimidation and harrasment. this is way too bad. am doing my internship at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital (NAUTH) nnewi, there are good number of yorubas working either as nurse, cleaner, messenger etc. And I learnt that most of the people at aspmda are nnewi people from Anambra. I don't know what will happen to me if this lawlessness by fashola continues. Let peace reign.

Really ? I am from Nnewi.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by KDULAR: 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
Thgose talking about the guarantees and provisions of the constitution , I wan to ask
1 Does the constitution in its superiority provides that you should not obey legally constituted authoreity.
2. Does it place solely the issue of the securities of the various states in itself alone. ?
3. Does it says there are not state tax laws that should not be
4. Do these people talking about paying tax know anything about PAYE and its provisions.
5. Is the trade fair complex or the ASPANDA market not supposed to be for all Nigerians, then why is it now only the Igbos would be affected ? Except only Igbos are allowed to operate freely in the market ( a bigotry , discriminatory act).
6. Does these market operators or traders really pay TAX to the Federal Government or are merely paying rent to the Landlords which are two separate things that should not be confused ?
7. Do people realize that government has 100% right to ask for your sales and expenditure register at any point in time ( irespectibve of the type , and size of your shop or trading) in order to ascertain Your real income and tax to be paid. furthermore, to verify the type of personal expenditures and responsibilities in order to calculate or give you tax rebates ?
8 . In even a less developed country like Niger Republic, you have to obtain receipts from government which you'll hhave to ussue out t your customers on all transactions, devil kiss any one caught without government receipts. This helps government to monitor your account and trap their taxes from your real income( Serious Government and serious CITIZENS).
8. Does these people and indeed all Nigerians realize that under some circumstances, our houses can be searched and these circumstances to warrant such can range from minor suspicion of a crime or offense to the more serious ones , which any arm
The plantain is decayed and we are saying its ripening. The rot that has been in existence does not mean it must continue. If you know you are really as important and the society you find yourself is really UNDESERVING of your IMPORTANCE and WHAT you are bringing to the Table, you simply relocate AND REPEAT THE SO CALLED FEAT especially where you'll have all the chances to DO AS YOU LIKE.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
The law is no respecter of anybody, be you Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani, Efik or Birom.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by gretafutor: 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
mr_born_todo_it:

What has babaoloja got to do with spare parts? Lagosians are used to
touting especially the unsuccessful members of the society. Egun je no
be salary. Make una wake up and stop sleeping on keke marwagrin

Good talk bros.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by deeptesting(m): 2:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
PDPwayoo: Not only security threat. They r criminals.
A trader in Benue line owe me 1.4m naira. The criminal association called task force promise to help me get the money or stop the man from trading in the premises on 10% of the money going to the association. I agreed and paid the consultation fee.

Immediately the man came and start speaking igbo, the story changed. Because they knew i had flight the following day, they gave him 30 days to bring the money.
I was told to embark on my travel that they will pay the money into my mother's account.

After 30 days, my brother went to the criminals office, they told him they cant do anything unless i come personally to their office.
I would have gone to court or police station b4 i left, but they have me assurance and asked not to report to authorities.

The vice chairman of the task force is a thief and a racist. the chairman is weak and easily manipulated by tribalism.

I bought a land from Omoniles at Ikorodu and got it half fenced before I travelled out of the country, when I came back after 3yrs to start something on the land, I was surprise that the land has been sold to another person,I confronted the Omonile head and he told me that the land would be restored to me as it was sold in error and I was asked to pay a ratification fee which I paid because of the assurance they gave me. A date was fixed for a meeting but lo! and behold the story changed when the chief and his kinsmen realized that I am from Niger Delta and bears a name similar to an Igbo name and the man who bought the land is a Yoruba man..They called me that the meeting cannot hold on the said date and another date was fixed but what got me thinking was the chief who knows my name and calls me by name started calling me Omo Igbo which I vehemently asked him to stop...I am yet to recover this said parcel of land and my money up until now....I would restrain my self from calling the high chief and his kinsmen thieves or tribalists because the matter is already in court....

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by RedMullet: 2:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
Aigbofa:

Not only that, Lagos is completely surrounded by Yorubaland. The only escape route is either the sky or the ocean.

The first time most Ibos will see the ocean was in Lagos.....they are used to Ezu Rivers and the river Niger they see while crossing westward... grin cheesy

They can't swim... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Bizibi(m): 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
sylvok:
And you are not a rogue?
nope,clean biz is the best
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Bizibi(m): 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
sylvok:
And you are not a rogue?
nope,clean biz with competition is the best
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Bizibi(m): 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
sylvok:
And you are not a rogue?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by gretafutor: 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
mascot87:
Why do you people then refuse to sell your lands to others except your
own people?Also, when you people were given ultimatum to leave the North
last year, why didn't you people protest and say the North is part and
parcel of the federal republic of Nigeria?My advice for you people is
that since GEJ as mandated you people to create another state in the
east to make it 6 state,try and make the state ae wonderful as
possible,make it a state you would be proud of ad much as
possible.Regarding igbos laying claims to Lagos as no man's land.......
it's a dream you people will continue dreaming till the world seize to
exist. That is just a fact that you can decide to take or leave.

In ur mind u wl claim 2 have made a point abi?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by gretafutor: 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
Aigbofa:

Why should we be afraid of toothless buldogs,we can only be scared when it comes 2 amebo n sabotage were u have no rival.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

Peter Obi Meets Prince Charles / When Buhari Met Tinubu, Others In Aso Rock / Shiites Speak On El-zakzaky Reported Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.