Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? (16386 Views)

What Will You Answer You Wife/girl If She Asked You This Question? / LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / Deleted Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by akinwunmi(m): 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2006
J-gurl, you speak as if you were beside Jesus when He changed water to wine or as if you were alive in His time. Gurl, get a grip of yourself,i believe the wine from water was not alcoholic 'cos the same type of wine was used for the Holy Sacrament. EVA WINE is the same as DON SIMON 'cos of the name WINE but not the same when it gets into your mouth. Gurl i believe Jesus will not produce a wine that will get people drunk ok. I agree with you on the part tht the BIble said we should drink responsibly but remember a TASTE will CONVINCE you, DO YOU DRINK OR SMOKE?
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by Ib(f): 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2006
Someone told me about an incident that happened in VGC about 3 weeks ago. Basically, the gist was about this girl taking a stroll in the morning and was smoking. And this was like about 8am in the morning and everyone was just going to work. I heard the thing almost caused a major traffic jam, with everyone driving very slowly and staring at the girl!!!!
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by akinwunmi(m): 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2006
IB, i aint gonna over speed or slow down when i see a gurl smoking ok. If the babe happens to be good looking, drop dead gorgeous, and she as a f, kn stick or hemp or cocain in her mouth for crying out loud everyone is gonna f, kn look, i have seen gurls who smoke hemp not to talk of cigs. or cocain ok. The question is WILL YOU MARRY ONE, and not HAVE YOU SEEN ONE, ok
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by sage(m): 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2006
People shoould stop coming to this forum to display their ignorance. WINE IN ALL OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE MEANS ALCOHOL. WINE HAS A SINGLE WORD MEANING-- ie ALCOHOL. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE NON ALCOHOLIC WINE. ITS LIKE SAYING NON ALCOHOLIC ALCOHOL. PEOPLE SHOULD STOP MIXING THEIR RELIGIOUS FANTASIES WITH THE CORRECT USE OF ENGLISH. THE WINE JESUS HAD WAS ALCOHOLIC, BUT U DONT HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT OR ACCEPT IT. ANYBODY THAT DOUBTS THIS CAN CHECK THE MEANING IN ANY ENGLISH DICTIONARY ON EARTH.

Besides this is deviating from the topic. People should post in relation to the topic.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by jgirl3: 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2006
Thank you, sage - at least someone understands my point of view. Non-alcoholic wine is called juice on the label if you look at it well. It is an imitation to make non-alcoholics not to feel left out. Real wine has alcohol and Jesus drank alcohol only not as much as would get him drunk
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by mamaput(f): 8:58am On Jun 06, 2006
sage:

People shoould stop coming to this forum to display their ignorance. WINE IN ALL OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE MEANS ALCOHOL. WINE HAS A SINGLE WORD MEANING-- ie ALCOHOL. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE NON ALCOHOLIC WINE. ITS LIKE SAYING NON ALCOHOLIC ALCOHOL. PEOPLE SHOULD STOP MIXING THEIR RELIGIOUS FANTASIES WITH THE CORRECT USE OF ENGLISH. THE WINE JESUS HAD WAS ALCOHOLIC, BUT U DONT HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT OR ACCEPT IT. ANYBODY THAT DOUBTS THIS CAN CHECK THE MEANING IN ANY ENGLISH DICTIONARY ON EARTH.

Besides this is deviating from the topic. People should post in relation to the topic.

Wine comes from grapes When its just made it has no alcohol till it ferments.
Meaning even children can drink it . This is called new wine.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by BigShishi(m): 9:00am On Jun 06, 2006
what's all this fascination with wine, are y'all trying to go into wine production? sad
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by akinwunmi(m): 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2006
i agree with sage ok. but will you marry a gurl tht smokes or drinks. drinking socially to a lady in Nigerian view is hard to believe. Would say a lady should drink beer only at parties. what if shes the party freak type obviously she would have a lot to drink thereby getting used to drinking, i dont mind if my wife drinks occassionaly but smoking is out of it,
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by mustafar1: 11:45pm On Aug 11, 2006
at topic, it depends on what u consider acceptable. the same way some people see drinking and smoking in females as bad thats the same way some other people would see not being able to cook in females as bad. and thats the same way people consider talking too much in females as bad.

all this one una dey talk na story by moonlight. in my own book anything can be wine (alcohol). simple integrated science, take any drink add yeast to it let it ferment and voila what do u have alcohol. all those women that make kunu and sobo drinks in naija, and leave it without refridgeration for a quick couple of days. when u then taste it and it tastes funny and u start feeling funny afterwards its the alcohol produced by its unintentional fermentation that makes u come back for more not that the sobo drink was specially made with any extraordinary ingredients. the water from ogi (corn starch) can be considered alcohol after its been left to stand for a week and fermentation has occured while we wait for the ogi to be ready for use. now u wonder why our elder tell us not to drink to much of it innit. its because they know the KOKO.

[s]damn do i sound like someone who drinks or do i just think everything that can be fermented can be considered alcohol[/s]
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by lioness(f): 8:43am On Aug 14, 2006
i wldnt, cos i aint gay grin
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by sweetnini(f): 8:51am On Aug 14, 2006
wats the difference if its a girl or a guy that smokes?
most nigeria men smokes and they say they won't marry a girl dat smokes
if a girl can marry a guy dat smokes
y won't a guy marry a girl dat smokes?
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by jaybaby(f): 4:59pm On Oct 13, 2006
Y NOT-- SINCE SOME GURLS CAN MARRY S1 DAT SMOKES AND DRINK Y CANT D MEN DO IT----- angry angry angry
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by gaby(m): 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2006
Aha, Niaja people, i can see a whole lotta hypocrites here who wouldnt event practice what they preach,

Hell yeah almost everyone on the forum wouldnt date or marry a nigerian girl who drinks or smoke, you can tell that to my little cousin,

How many guys in here would say no to beyonce knowing she smokes and drinks and wants them for a soulmate

And how many girls in here would say not to Jay-z knowing he smokes and drinks and wants them for a soulmate

Answer these questions honestly first before reacting to this topic peeps and stop being ignorant,

Dating or marrying a girl to me solely depends on my happiness not about what someone else thinks about my babe or something even though i wouldnt stand and fold my hands and watch my babe go over board with either smoking/drinking, i sure would do my best to make her quit it because ofcourse it's obivous that it could be detrimental to one's health,

I wonder how many guys here who are outside the shores of our country who actually date or marry non-nigerian women who drink and smoke, what do we call that (double standards) i call it, if you can condone it with a non-nigerian why in heaven's name should it be different with a Nigerian babe,

Wake up peeps and stop looking at issue from just one perspective and blinding ourselves to the very obvious,

Thats my take on this and sure wiaitng for criticisms from any corners

Peace y'all
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 18, 2006
a relationship will definately not last when a girl keeps stuffing herself with alcohol and cigarr.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by goldilocks(f): 11:15pm On Nov 11, 2006
never ever ever
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by lioness(f): 9:43am On Nov 16, 2006
marry a Nigerian girl? Sorry i aint gay grin
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by Freewilly(f): 9:45am On Nov 16, 2006
lioness:

marry a Nigerian girl? Sorry i aint gay grin

I am and proud grin grin grin
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by lioness(f): 9:52am On Nov 16, 2006
Good for u.

So would you?

Freewilly:

I am and proud grin grin grin
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by Freewilly(f): 9:55am On Nov 16, 2006
If I find the right girl, and it's legal to marry in the state I reside in, hell yeah I'll get married. wink
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by lioness(f): 10:00am On Nov 16, 2006
LMAO grin
Am sure your one sweet chic kiss but i dont think u mean that
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by Freewilly(f): 6:08am On Nov 17, 2006
lioness:

LMAO grin
Am sure your one sweet chic kiss but i don't think u mean that

Thanks Hun for the compliment, on a serious note I'll love to be with my female companion , I don't think I'll go as far as getting married.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by lioness(f): 8:46am On Nov 17, 2006
yea, i didnt think so wink
Freewilly:

I don't think I'll go as far as getting married.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by Easyy(m): 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2006
Freewilly:

If I find the right girl, and it's legal to marry in the state I reside in, hell yeah I'll get married. wink

Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by Easyy(m): 2:49pm On Nov 17, 2006
Dont know if I'm allowed to comment, I'm married.

But I dont think I could ever marry a girl who smokes. If she drinks a little every now and then, maybe (just maybe) but not if she smokes
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by frankiriri(m): 11:49pm On Nov 17, 2006
I dont smoke so I cant marry a smoker.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:55pm On Nov 17, 2006
I dont drink but I have friends that do and I always found it pathetic that they would hide the fact that they like girly drinks every now and then in fear or what fellow nigerian guys would think, lame

Used to have a crush on a smoker but bleh, that went away fast.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:01am On Dec 19, 2006
What do you think of a lady smoking, Thief?
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by mekoyo(m): 2:16pm On Dec 20, 2006
I've got a few friends who drink, not sure if to say they drink heavily, but they drink things like brandy and they smoke cigarettes. The thing is their relationships don't seem to last

Yeah dere relationships dont last.

As for me I can't. One day she gets drunk and starts to say all manner of things and even go to the extent of slapping you.
No i can't
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2006
Good thing I don't need alcohol before I slap peopleĀ  cheesy
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:08pm On Dec 20, 2006
hm
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by jammin(m): 9:22pm On Dec 20, 2006
i just hate a society that put pressure on people to adopt their norms. smoke, drink as much as you like. someone will love you irrespective of the habit.
habits can change. its the real person inside that counts. I would marry a girl that smoke and drinkĀ  over any conniving woman.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? by chimaze(m): 6:42am On Feb 05, 2007
nope

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My End Of Year Apology. / Valentine Message From The Boyfriend Association Of Nigeria / My Face Is Very Rough: I Need Help [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.