Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (210146 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Kassidy4luv(m): 10:55am On May 06, 2022
Greetings All,
I want to know about the admission cycle of schools in this country.

Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 10:20pm On May 06, 2022
Kassidy4luv:
Greetings All,
I want to know about the admission cycle of schools in this country.

Thanks

Check the university or college website. It'll tell you
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 10:22pm On May 06, 2022
otabuko:

Please kindly advice, I was awarded a place for PhD without funding but I filled for funding. If I find myself. Will I be able to get a job that will pay back my money and make gains?

Maybe, maybe not. There's no guarantee of work. Minimum wage is $19.20 per hour and you can only work 20 hours a week in term time. Check your fees, cost of living and deduct that from whatever you might earn using a baseline of min wage.

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by soje1: 6:33pm On May 08, 2022
Hi Ticha,

Thank you for being helpful.

I just got a PhD admission into Lincoln University New Zealand to resume in February 2023.

I have a sponsor who is my brother, however, I would like to know if he must have the actual NZ$15000 or they are mostly interested in the inflow and outflow of cash in his account.

Also, I would also like to know how many months statement of account I would need to present.

Thank you.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 9:04pm On May 08, 2022
soje1:
Hi Ticha,

Thank you for being helpful.

I just got a PhD admission into Lincoln University New Zealand to resume in February 2023.

I have a sponsor who is my brother, however, I would like to know if he must have the actual NZ$15000 or they are mostly interested in the inflow and outflow of cash in his account.

Also, I would also like to know how many months statement of account I would need to present.

Thank you.

They often want to see the whole amount and it's usually a month's bank statement. However all this was pre-covid and pre - the visa reset so email INZ and ask. They are very good with responding. Plus their phone lines are usually open till 10pm which is 11am 9ja time so should give ample time to call.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by soje1: 6:17am On May 09, 2022
Thank you for the swift response.

I will enquire as advised.

Regards.

Ticha:

They often want to see the whole amount and it's usually a month's bank statement. However all this was pre-covid and pre - the visa reset so email INZ and ask. They are very good with responding. Plus their phone lines are usually open till 10pm which is 11am 9ja time so should give ample time to call.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 11:25pm On May 11, 2022
otabuko:

Please kindly advice, I was awarded a place for PhD without funding but I filled for funding. If I find myself. Will I be able to get a job that will pay back my money and make gains?

Congrats bro!!. Would this by chance be Massey Uni?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by otabuko(m): 6:56am On May 12, 2022
bikerboy1:

Congrats bro!!. Would this by chance be Massey Uni?
Victoria University of Wellington
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Hills2012: 1:31pm On May 12, 2022
- New Zealand’s international border will reopen to all tourists and visa holders from 11.59pm, 31 July 2022.
- Online visitor visa applications reopen to Pacific Island Forum countries (excluding Tokelau, Australia, and American Samoa) from 16 May.
- Vaccinated travellers arriving under the Accredited Employer Work Visa category will be able to apply to New Zealand from 4 July 2022.
- All other visa categories — including visitor and student visas wanting to travel to New Zealand, applications open from 31 July 2022.
- Cruise ships can enter New Zealand from 31 July 2022. Some travellers will still need to meet vaccination requirements to enter New Zealand.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Hills2012: 1:33pm On May 12, 2022
otabuko:
Victoria University of Wellington

That’s my school. Congratulations ���

What’s your course of study?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by otabuko(m): 4:03pm On May 12, 2022
Hills2012:

That’s my school. Congratulations ���

What’s your course of study?
Education.
I applied for the Wellington doctoral and scholarship. But they decided to give me an unfunded admission... What do you think bro!
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 10:07pm On May 12, 2022
otabuko:

Education.
I applied for the Wellington doctoral and scholarship. But they decided to give me an unfunded admission... What do you think bro!

It can be quite difficult to get a funded offer. Some of the colleges offer scholarships but the universities mostly do not unless for e=very good reasons. There are few universities and many applicants.

I work in education as well. Shout out when you get here. There are a good number (less than 100 I think) of Nigerians in Wellington
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Hills2012: 9:17am On May 13, 2022
otabuko:

Education.

Well, it depends on your financial background. I know a friend who worked throughout his PhD. However, it is important to note that it’s not easy.

Regarding getting Doctoral funding, I feel it depends solely on God factor, the quality of your application (research publications, previous awards, etc.), and a supervisor willing to support your application. I am recipient of the Wellington Doctoral Scholarship.

The good part about NZ is that PhD students can work pretty well compared to masters students. Also, you have the opportunity to pay your fees at domestic rates. However, there might be a post-pandemic change.

3 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by otabuko(m): 2:37pm On May 13, 2022
Hills2012:

Well, it depends on your financial background. I know a friend who worked throughout his PhD. However, it is important to note that it’s not easy.

Regarding getting Doctoral funding, I feel it depends solely on God factor, the quality of your application (research publications, previous awards, etc.), and a supervisor willing to support your application. I am recipient of the Wellington Doctoral Scholarship.

The good part about NZ is that PhD students can work pretty well compared to masters students. Also, you have the opportunity to pay your fees at domestic rates. However, there might be a post-pandemic change.

Thank you so much. I believe post pandemic factor contributed to the non funding doctoral admission... Thank you so much. But in Naira, what can #5m do for me as it pertains this admission process?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Hills2012: 8:39pm On May 13, 2022
otabuko:

Thank you so much. I believe post pandemic factor contributed to the non funding doctoral admission... Thank you so much. But in Naira, what can #5m do for me as it pertains this admission process?

I really cannot say much on this to avoid any discouragement. Let madam @Ticha advise in this regard.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by otabuko(m): 3:26am On May 14, 2022
Hills2012:

I really cannot say much on this to avoid any discouragement. Let madam @Ticha advise in this regard.
Okay. Thanks so much again!
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by otabuko(m): 8:20pm On May 16, 2022
Hills2012:

OH! Thanks a lot. I have written my school to send my transcripts to Wellington. Can I attach the my proof of identity with the transcript as it's being sent through DHL?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Hills2012: 9:17pm On May 16, 2022
otabuko:

OH! Thanks a lot. I have written my school to send my transcripts to Wellington. Can I attach the my proof of identity with the transcript as it's being sent through DHL?

You’re welcome! You can attach a photocopy of your passport and other documents they require. However, ensure that the document is directly from your university.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by otabuko(m): 10:01pm On May 16, 2022
Hills2012:

You’re welcome! You can attach a photocopy of your passport and other documents they require. However, ensure that the document is directly from your university.
Thanks a lot... That would save a lot of cost... Thanks again.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by lovylovy: 12:31pm On May 31, 2022
lovylovy:
Hi,
I recently applied for a PhD program at Lincoln University but am yet to receive feedback. Please how long does it take, who has experienced this?

I have gotten PhD admission for February 2023 but I differed it to 2024.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by soje1: 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2022
Dear House,

I need help on the proof of funds for airline Ticket booking for a PhD Student Visa Application.

Is there anyway to handle this in terms of the amount to keep in the account or how to navigate the process?

I would appreciate all the responses i can get.

Thank you
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Hills2012: 4:54pm On Jun 06, 2022
soje1:
Dear House,

I need help on the proof of funds for airline Ticket booking for a PhD Student Visa Application.

Is there anyway to handle this in terms of the amount to keep in the account or how to navigate the process?

I would appreciate all the responses i can get.

Thank you

You may not need to book any flight. If you already have a sponsor, send the INZ1014 Financial Undertaking for a Student (https://www.immigration.govt.nz/documents/forms-and-guides/inz1014.pdf/@@resource_summary) to the person to fill. Then attach the person Bank Statement and Introduction letter from bank with your application. Also, you can include a sponsorship letter from your sponsor.

Goodluck!
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by soje1: 4:59am On Jun 07, 2022
Hills2012:

You may not need to book any flight. If you already have a sponsor, send the INZ1014 Financial Undertaking for a Student (https://www.immigration.govt.nz/documents/forms-and-guides/inz1014.pdf/@@resource_summary) to the person to fill. Then attach the person Bank Statement and Introduction letter from bank with your application. Also, you can include a sponsorship letter from your sponsor.

Goodluck!

Thank you for your response.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Shadestar: 12:05pm On Jun 07, 2022
Please house,
I am applying for another bsc degree at massey University and UOA. However, i am yet to get a decision from UOA but massey told me to get an Ece of my undergraduate degree done because thats what I use although I graduated with 2.2 in a similar discipline i want to apply to. But it was stated as an international student that i should provide an international baccalaureate ot an A level degree. So should I submit my waec result with is very good except my biology which was cancelled or i should go ahead with my undergraduate degree to stand a higher chance of admission .
Kindly help.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Hills2012: 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2022
Shadestar:
Please house,
I am applying for another bsc degree at massey University and UOA. However, i am yet to get a decision from UOA but massey told me to get an Ece of my undergraduate degree done because thats what I use although I graduated with 2.2 in a similar discipline i want to apply to. But it was stated as an international student that i should provide an international baccalaureate ot an A level degree. So should I submit my waec result with is very good except my biology which was cancelled or i should go ahead with my undergraduate degree to stand a higher chance of admission .
Kindly help.

You can apply for another bachelor degree using your WAEC and previous degree. However, you need to make your personal statement is convincing. Let it contain your career goals and the reason you want to spend another 2-3 years for a new bachelor degree in the same field.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Shadestar: 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hills2012:

Thank you so much

You can apply for another bachelor degree using your WAEC and previous degree. However, you need to make your personal statement convincing. Let it contain your career goals and the reason you want to spend another 2-3 years for a new bachelor degree in the same field.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 11:06pm On Jun 08, 2022
lovylovy:

I have gotten PhD admission for February 2023 but I differed it to 2024.

Hello,
Please why did you differ from Feb 2023 to 2024. That seems like a long time considering that we're still in mid 2022.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by princetx(m): 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2022
A very long time indeed. Just wondering why he took that decision.

bikerboy1:

Hello,
Please why did you differ from Feb 2023 to 2024. That seems like a long time considering that we're still in mid 2022.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Benyz: 7:57am On Jun 16, 2022
Please, how easy is it to get PR after studies in NZ . I read on the internet that one needs 160 points to get ITA from the government which I find very hard to attain after checking out the point based system. I plan to apply to university of Wakaito for a PhD in geology. Any information around this would be appreciated.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 10:02am On Jun 16, 2022
Benyz:
Please, how easy is it to get PR after studies in NZ . I read on the internet that one needs 160 points to get ITA from the government which I find very hard to attain after checking out the point based system. I plan to apply to university of Wakaito for a PhD in geology. Any information around this would be appreciated.

It depends on the sector you end up in.

It's a good idea to familiariaze yourself with the INZ new rules around PR and visas after studies. The link below is a good place to start. That list grants the quickest PRs (obviously it's an election year in 2023, who knows what will change?!)

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/tools-and-information/work-and-employment/green-list-occupations
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Mustiboy(m): 10:59am On Jun 22, 2022
Hills2012:

You can apply for another bachelor degree using your WAEC and previous degree. However, you need to make your personal statement is convincing. Let it contain your career goals and the reason you want to spend another 2-3 years for a new bachelor degree in the same field.

Can I apply for a undergraduate studies in a New Zealand university with just WAEC?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Hills2012: 8:16pm On Jun 22, 2022
Mustiboy:

Can I apply for a undergraduate studies in a New Zealand university with just WAEC?

You can but you need to be able to justify any gap you have in your study years. Like I said, you need to prepare a convincing cover letter and submit appropriate evidences.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (51) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.