Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,125 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) (17203 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / E-Grace Convention 20-14 / Einstein Personal Letter To E. Gutkind - "Religion Is..childish Superstition" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
JUDAISM

Gal 1:13-15,
for ye have heard my conversation in time past, in the JEWS RELIGION, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God and wasted it. 14. And profited in the JEWS RELIGION above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceeding zealous of the TRADITIONS OF MY FATHERS[/color].[/color][/color]

Judaism from the Latin. word, JUDAISMUS, derived from the Greek word, IOUDAISMOS, and ultimately from the Hebrew word YEHUDAH. It is the religion philosophy and way of life of the JEWISH PEOPLE. It is one of the earliest MONOTHEISTIC religions. Judaism is seen by the Jews as the expression of the covenantal relationship between God and the CHILDREN OF ISREAL.

There are many streams of Judaism, namely, Rabbinic Judaism, Hellenistic Judaism, orthodox Judaism, Haredi Judaism, Conservative Judaism, Reform Judaism , etc etc. The major difference between these forms and groups is their approach to the JEWISH LAW, eg, while orthodox Judaism maintains that the Torah and the jewish laws are divine in origin, eternal and un-adult able , and that they should be strictly followed, the reform group stresses that the jewish law should be viewed as a set of general guidelines rather than a set of restrictions and obligations where observance is required of all jews.

Historically, special courts enforce the Jewish law. Today, the courts still exist, but, [b]THE PRACTICE OF JUDAISM IS MOSTLY VOLLUNTARY. [/b]Actually, Judaism as an earliest form of monotheism has influenced others like, Christianity, Islam and The Baha”I faith.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2013
THE LAW (OF MOSES)

The main pillar of Judaism is the LAW of Moses, so called bc Moses received it unbehalf of the people , “these are the decrees, the laws and the regulations that the LORD established on mount Sinai between Himself and the nation of Israel through Moses, ( Leviticus 26:48) hence the name, ‘the law of Moses. These laws include:

1. The ten commandments
2. Moral laws on murder, theft, adultery, etc.
3. Social laws on properties, inheritance, marriage, divorce etv
4. Food laws on what is clean and unclean,
5. Purity laws on menstruation, seminal emissions, skin disease etc
6. Feast, - day of atonement, Passover, tabernacle, unleavened bread, weeks ete
7. Sacrifices and Offerings: sin offering, burnt offering, heave offering, drinks offering, Passover sacrifice etc,
8. Instructions: for the levites and priests, on tithes , tabernacle, Arc of covenant which contains the tablets of the law, Aaron’s Rod, Manna.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2013
REASONS FOR THE LAW OF MOSES

Gal 3:19-25 Wherefore then serveth the law, it was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come in whom the promise was made and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator”……….., 24. Wherefore the law was our school master to bing us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a school master.

The Law was given so that man can appreciate the Grace of God in Christ Jesus, after so much efforts to keep the law and the failure of it it became very clear that there is nothing a man can do on his own to achieve salvation man now understands how helpless he really is,. I do not want to go back to the story of Adam and Eve and how they failed and fell from God”s Grace and the legal and the vital requirements for restoration bc i believe other teachers must have adequwtely trash the issue, but I want every individual to know that what Christ did was the only chance available to man, it was adequate, final and for us as an individual.
Check out the expressed helplessness of man in the desparate exclamation of Paul in Romans 7, especially, verse 24. O wretched man that I Am, who shall deliver me from the body of this death, (law) pls read the entire chapter 7 into 8 , it will bless you believe me. If there was anything man or the law of Moses could do to save man, Christ would not come, and the law of Moses have proved this by pointing man to Jesus and proclaimed, “ BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD WHICH TAKETH AWAY THE SINS OF THE WORLD.” (John 1:29)

TBC

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 8:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
THE LAW OF MOSES, CONCEPTS AND SOME OBLIGATIONS

There are concepts and obligations in the laws of Moses which the jews thought by applying and following them strictly will save them and buy a place for them in the kingdom of God. The rich young ruler who was excellent in keeping the law suddenly realized that there are things he must do to inherit the kingdom of God, (Luke 18:18-23), Paul also an excellent Judazer, who was very prominent among his peers, (Gal, 1:12-14) found out on his way to Damascus that “ A MAN IS NOT JSTIFIED BY THE WORKS”, ( OF THE LAW, BUT BY THE FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST” –(Gal. 2:16). Some of these concepts (works of the law are discussed briefly as follows.1. CIRCUMCISSION; Acts 11:1-3,

Acts 15:5. But there rose certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed , saying that it was needed to circumcised them and to command them to keep the law Moses”

. This was a major requirement of the law of Moses first given to Abram in Gen 17:12-14.” And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you”, As we see in Acts15, this was the fist attempt to impede the working of Grace in the lie of the believers, but Peter asked them why they want to put yoke on the new converts, a yoke which their fathers nor them could not bear. And testified that it is only through the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ alone that every man shall be saves. (Acts !5;10-11)

TITHE

This is” the oga @ the top” of all false doctrine, the impediments of Grace in the life of a Christians, tithe is the law that required the farmers and land owners to “Give” not “pay” a tenth of the agricultural proceeds (herbs and herds) to the levites/priests in their towns who were in turns expected to give a tenth of the tithe called tithe of tithe to the temple so that the priests who were on duty at the temple can be provided for including the poor, widows, orphans and the strangers, principally for the levites/priests, bc they had no inheritance and this was meant to be done at the yearly harvests , NOT WEEKLY OR MONTHLY as it is obtain in our church today.

TITHE HIGHLIGHTS

1. It was paid from agricultural products ONLY, not salaries/wages.
2. Given yearly (levitical tithes)
3. To be eaten by tithers, (festival tithes Deu !$:22)
4. Only from the holy land of Israel.
5. Non Jews, widows, labours eg. Carpenters, blacksmiths, fishermen, the poor , orphans etc did not pay
6. It was NEVER MONEY, (money was in use in those days.
7. Was not taken to the temple but shared by the tither within their cities, etc.

MALACHI, 3?

We cannot conclude any discus on tithe without mentioning the book of Malachi especially chapter three where the collectors always use to not only scam but intimidate, curse and put believers perpetually in bondage. They proclaim, if you don’t pay tithe you are robbing God, things will be tight, devourers will devour you, and some even have the audacity to claim, “you will not go to heaven”. My brethren , apart from the fact that there is no verse in the entire bible, from the book of Genesis to Revelation where Christians are commanded to pay 10% 0f their salaries weekly or monthly to God, Jesus, Pastors or church organizations, the book of Malachi was a warning to the priests who refused to remit the required tithe of tithes and offerings to the temple, but it was extended to the Jews bc of the precarious responsibilities of the levitical priesthood and it was NEVER directed as a commands to Christians. Jesus, Peter, John, Paul, other apostles and the early Christians NEVER collected or paid tithes. Pls if any brethren in the house has seen a verse to the above mentioned situation where these ppl collected oa paid tithes should draw my attention, tnx.

Other concepts includes first fruits(Jesus is our first fruit), Offerings(Jesus offered himself as the best and the most acceptable), Sacrifices( Jesus is the perfect sacrifice, his blood speak best than any animal, Sabbath, Jesus the lord of Sabbath, all these and many more the finished work on the cross was adequate so we are not and should not be bound by them.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
THE LAW FOR CHRISTIANS

Just like in other dispensations, God did not leave us “lawless” as the Judaizers will want us to believe.God said about the new covenant,

“For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel, after those days said the Lord, I will put my laws into their mind and writ them in their hearts, and I will be to them a God and they shall be to me a people”
pls read into verse 11

the book of Romans 8:1- makes it clear that this law , ie, the law of the spirit of life in Christ[/b] has set us free from the law of [b]sin and death(the law of Moses), It is this same law that James 1:25 calls the perfect law of liberty”, (KJV) another translation calls it “God”s law that sets men free, yet another calls it “Gods LAW FOR FREE MEN” , I love this one, GODS LAW FOR FREE MEN, the other one ie (the law of sin and death – law of Moses is for men in bondage but the law of the spirit of life in Jesus SETS MEN FREE, OMG! There is a law working in my life, its called Gods law for free men or Gods law that sets men free, Oooooooo I Am free , Glory be to God, I don’t have to tithe, pay first fruit or follow Moses to be free, I Am free, FREE FREE FREE, FREE AS CAN BE., No wonder the bible says if the son of nan set you free, you shall be free INDEED, free all round, ooooo Romans 5:17 “They that receive the abundance of Grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life”,. Why?, bc he has been set free by the law of the spirit.

END OF PART ONE

TBC

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Goshen360(m): 8:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
Glory to God. This is really loaded indeed and eye opening.

Thank you sooooo much @ christemmbassey. That was power packed.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 8:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
Watch out for Part two. The Grace of Lord and saviour, Jesus Christ, the Love of God and the sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit rest and abide with us. AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Image123(m): 9:06pm On Aug 31, 2013
Psalms 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give 'grace' and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Goshen360(m): 9:14pm On Aug 31, 2013
christemmbassey: Watch out for Part two. The Grace of Lord and saviour, Jesus Christ, the Love of God and the sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit rest and abide with us. AMEN.

Thank you man of God. As we share the grace to bring the convention to a close officially. We will present the closing remark soon or later tonight.

But as you requested for extension to finish the PART TWO, we will officially close the convention as scheduled but the thread is open for you to conclude without a special coordination from the organizers at your own time.

We understand you have more to teach us and we don't want to deny you that grace and opportunity because the convention was made for man and not man made for the convention.

The thread is also open for testimonies and usual fellowship of the brethren.

We appreciate God's unending grace for this convention.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Tgirl4real(f): 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
@ Christembassy,

when are you posting the concluding part?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
Tgirl4real: @ Christembassy,

when are you posting the concluding part?
2morrow by His Grace.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by JesusisLord85: 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
christemmbassey: J[b]UDAISM[/b]

Gal 1:13-15,
]for ye have heard my conversation in time past, in the JEWS RELIGION, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God and wasted it. 14. And profited in the JEWS RELIGION above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceeding zealous of the TRADITIONS OF MY FATHERS.[/color][/color]

The "traditions of my fathers" is not the way of life God prescribed. It is that version that came from pharisaic judaism.
Read the 'woes' to the pharisees in Matthew 23 and you will see that is what was being torn down. Not the law as prescribed at Sinai.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by DrummaBoy(m): 10:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
An excellent piece christembassey: the very implication of grace in our lives. Tithes: "the oga at the top" of modern day judaism: the message cannot be clearer than that. I look fwd to d cobclusion tomorrow. Hopefully ayoku and demi will finish up there papers too. May God grant that U find mercy in d day of our Lord. God bless U sir

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by ohpeyemi(m): 11:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
God bless all the teachers who have broken down the word line upon line, precepts upon precepts, may God Almighty replenish those virtues that have gone out from the teachers.
To the organisers, you have done a great work.

My question is how do the church runs if tithes and offering are not to be part of church practice?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 01, 2013
* speaks his church mind * if i say i no confuse for diz tithe matter den na big LIE i dey blow
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 01, 2013
Image123: Acts 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
Yeah.actually the great power and great grace followed after the Apostles prayed.THey didn't just sat down and did nothing.A prayer less christian is a graceless christian.
Half truths do more harm than untruths.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2013
ohpeyemi: God bless all the teachers who have broken down the word line upon line, precepts upon precepts, may God Almighty replenish those virtues that have gone out from the teachers.
To the organisers, you have done a great work.

My question is how do the church runs if tithes and offering are not to be part of church practice?
pls just b patient n wait 4 d concluding part, part 1 is just a background, i beleve part 2 will address ur issues. Tnx n God bless u plenty.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by PastorKun(m): 7:55am On Sep 01, 2013
@Christemmbassey
Wow that was really loaded and awesome, i have really been blessed by you presentation.

lolz @ tithe being the oga at the top of modern day Judaizers grin
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Alwaystrue(f): 8:27am On Sep 01, 2013
@christembassy,
Thanks for your post. I respect your views as well but thy have been discussed on this forum and I will not dabble into it again as it is a thing of the heart and understanding.

God is unchanging but His convenant changed due to man. From the law written on stone He wrote His laws in our hearts as that is the source of life and that is why the scripture said that it is only in Jesus that veil can be removed when we read the OT.
Even man could not keep the law of love your neighbour as yourself so Chrst had to tell us to love our neighbour as Christ loved us as only in Christ can we love indeed.

I was really waiting for a deeper message on Grace especially when comparing the law of Moses and being in Christ. I was given a book that I opened today and it fell straight on the page 'Unlimited Grace' which showed the higher expectations of a man of grace than ever before. Grace is not about sluggishness (Hebrews 5:12-13) but of faith and endurance and I copied it as this message spoke volumes.

'Unlimited Grace
"And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two" Matthew 5:41

The charter of the Kingdom of God was clearly spelt out by Jesus in His teachings on the mount. He noted a host of things that the Law of Moses allowed and how the stake is raised in the current dispensation. For instance, the law of Moses allowed and eye for an eye but the new law said to take no revenge whatsoever. It is a lot easier to strike our offenders, paying them back in their own coin. To withhold from striking when it's in our power and we have a legitimate cause to do so is by far a greater law.

So, the demand of the new kingdom of God is by far higher than what we have on the OT. The difference however is this: whereas we are subjected to higher demands in the NT, there is unlimited grace that works out these demands in and through us. The law of Moses stipulates no more than duty, which was strenously worked out in the flesh; but the law of Christ goes beyond duty and is worked out by the Spirit of grace at work in us. Oswald Chambers said: "The teaching of the sermon on the mount is not-do your duty, but-Do what is not your duty. It is not your duty to go the second mile, to turn the other cheek but Jesus says if we are His disciples, we shall all do these". People often say the Christian life is difficult but its actually impossible if we are to meet the demands ourselves. The only way to thrive is to completely trust in the finished work of Christ.'

4 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by alexleo(m): 9:30am On Sep 01, 2013
Alwaystrue: @christembassy,
Thanks for your post. I respect your views as well but thy have been discussed on this forum and I will not dabble into it again as it is a thing of the heart and understanding.

God is unchanging but His convenant changed due to man. From the law written on stone He wrote His laws in our hearts as that is the source of life and that is why the scripture said that it is only in Jesus that veil can be removed when we read the OT.
Even man could not keep the law of love your neighbour as yourself so Chrst had to tell us to love our neighbour as Christ loved us as only in Christ can we love indeed.

I was really waiting for a deeper message on Grace especially when comparing the law of Moses and being in Christ. I was given a book that I opened today and it fell straight on the page 'Unlimited Grace' which showed the higher expectations of a man of grace than ever before. Grace is not about sluggishness (Hebrews 5:12-13) but of faith and endurance and I copied it as this message spoke volumes.

'Unlimited Grace

The charter of the Kingdom of God was clearly spelt out by Jesus in His teachings on the mount. He noted a host of things that the Law of Moses allowed and how the stake is raised in the current dispensation. For instance, the law of Moses allowed and eye for an eye but the new law said to take no revenge whatsoever. It is a lot easier to strike our offenders, paying them back in their own coin. To withhold from striking when it's in our power and we have a legitimate cause to do so is by far a greater law.

So, the demand of the new kingdom of God is by far higher than what we have on the OT. The difference however is this: whereas we are subjected to higher demands in the NT, there is unlimited grace that works out these demands in and through us. The law of Moses stipulates no more than duty, which was strenously worked out in the flesh; but the law of Christ goes beyond duty and is worked out by the Spirit of grace at work in us. Oswald Chambers said: "The teaching of the sermon on the mount is not-do your duty, but-Do what is not your duty. It is not your duty to go the second mile, to turn the other cheek but Jesus says if we are His disciples, we shall all do these". People often say the Christian life is difficult but its actually impossible if we are to meet the demands ourselves. The only way to thrive is to completely trust in the finished work of Christ.'

I agree with you 100 percent. God bless you.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by FortresOfChrist(f): 10:40am On Sep 01, 2013
The LORD our fortress is grace giving LORD. The convention messages are filled with grace and an eye opener. I've been struggling with grace and law mixed together and the message @ christemmbassey is an eye opener with @ Candour. I can't just wait to have the part 2.

The LORD our fortress said we are no more under the law but under grace. I have been learning great grace in this convention and it's been giving me great power.

My question @ christemmbassey, if we are under grace and not under law as tithe is oga at the top of the jewish religion as you mentioned, is there a tithe mentioned to us that are under grace?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Goshen360(m): 11:56am On Sep 01, 2013
We, the organizers (Goshen360, Tgirl4real & DrummaBoy) of the e-Grace convention 2013 wish to say a big thank you to our guest teachers - Enigma, Shdemidemi, Pastor Kun, Ayoku777, Christembassey, Frosbel, Candour and everyone who have contributed positively to the success of this convention. In deed, our guest teachers had put so much time and energy into the success of this convention and everyone who had spend time into this convention too, you're all well appreciated.

We also thank our newly appointed moderators for their support in recommending the convention thread for the front page. We thank them for their participation also, not as moderators but as Christians.

We believe the e-convention had left an undiluted level of grace in the lives of the participants. We believe testimonies abound in this convention and continuously.

We cannot overlook our lapses in planning due to unforeseen circumstances but we strongly hope on improved edition in times to come.

Officially, the convention is closed as scheduled but the thread is still open for further fellowship of the brethren and whatever question(s) and answer(s) that may arise over time. This is because, the organizers will not take special coordination of the event while we still want to allow everyone further fellowship together. We encourage everyone to remain or go on with the spirit of the convention.

Grace does not just reside in believers for a no reason but to impart the world where such believers find themselves. You have come to this mountain to be impregnated by the gospel of grace and you now carry the seed of grace in you. Therefore, go into the world and change your world, let the world see grace working in you, from you and through you.

Once again, we thank you all for gracing this wonderful event. The Lord bless and keep you all in His grace. Go and grow in GRACE of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen!

signed:
Goshen360
Tgirl4real
DrummaBoy.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2013
"Our sun and shield Jehovah
Will grace and glory give"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcz9GJ0Ixn8
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
Alwaystrue: @christembassy,

'Unlimited Grace

tnx, but b patient 4 d pt 2, thats where d real msg is. Remain blessed.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by PastorKun(m): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
@christemmbassey
Eagerly anticipating part 2 of your presentation smiley
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Tgirl4real(f): 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
Good day everyone. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
Testimony time
I bless jesus for making me and my family,friends to see the end of 8 good months and the beginning of the 9tg month...for this mercy,compassion and GRACE...
Help me shout halleluyah

Happy sunday

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2013
What page of this thread can I find ayoku777's teaching on?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Candour(m): 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2013
jacobscros: What page of this thread can I find ayoku777's teaching on?

Ayoku hasn't done his yet. I believe he'll upload later. God bless u bro
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
IMPLICATIONS OF GRACE IN THE LIVE OF A CHRISTIAN[/b]PATT TWO

[b]JUDAISM AND GRACE

I have taken out time to discuss Judaism,the law of Moses and some core issues like tithe,circumcision and sacrifices and I also mentioned the levitical priesthood, who were ministers of Judaism.
I had to discuss Judaism because I believe there are still many Christians who are actually practising Judaism ignorantly, and because of thIS they can not experience the reality of the grace of Jesus.
Now the prosperity and holiness preachers are the major culprits here, when you preach: give God this for God to give you that, or thou shall not and thou shall,you are actually engaged in Judaism,you are preaching salvation by the works of the law(of Moses) Galatians 2:16 which Paul said cannot save you,(Acts 15:10-11), and peter said it was a yoke that the judaizer could not bear.
Act13:38 says
"By him (Jesus the grace of GOD all that believe are justified (declared not guilty) from all things from which ye (the judaizers)could not be justified by the law of Moses"

Now Judaism was a temporal/interim provision made only for the children of Israel, it had nothing to do with the gentiles(now Jews) see Eph 2:11-14, that was the reason when Christ first sent out the disciple to preach in matt 10:5-6, he warned them thus:

"GO NOT" into the way of the gentiles and into any city of Samaritan enter ye not 6: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

brethren the death of Christ did not open a door for us to join Judaism, but Christ died so that Judaism would be disbanded be replaced by the grace of God. see Eph 2:15-16
God Who gave Judaism to the nation of Israel when he handed over the law at Sinai to Moses,seeing that the law was not able to make man perfect because it was faulty,

(Hebrew 8:7) "for it the first covenant has been fault----then should no place have been sought for the second",
(Hebrew 7:19) "for the law made noting perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did by the which we draw neigh unto God"

so any attempt by Christians to practice the lam of Moses which God himself concluded 3aulty and impotent, thereby replacing it with the cross, such a person, the bible says, 'has fallen from grace,

[color=#990000]Gal 5:3 "for i testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he has a debtor to do the whole law.
4. For Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law, YE ARE FALLEN FROM GRACE".

So any attempt to be justified or keep the law of Moses has directly rejected the Grace of God, to such a person Christ has not died, and he is still in his sin,, he has fallen from grace and can not benefit from grace.

Gal 2:1 "I do not frustrate the grace of God, for if righteousness came by the law, then Christ is dead in vain".

You that want to gain righteousness tro d law of Moses, you are actually frustrating the Grace of God in ur life, the death of Christ mean nothing to you, you are like Esau, whom the bible calls ' a PROFANE PERSON' bc he despised a thing of value(the blessing of Abraham- his birth right) and went for garri and soup (grace is a Christian,s birth right) Esau actually said, "[color=#990000] to what profit shall this birth right do to me"
-Gen 25:30-32. T hats what you say to the grace of Jesus when you pay tithe to receive
anything from God. YOU ARE A PROFANE PERSON.

WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?

Before we go ahead to consider the implications of grace in the life of a Christian, I will like us to define who a Christian is.
Who is a Christian? A Christian is NOT SOME ONE WHO GOES TO CHURCH, a Christian is someone who is BORN-AGAIN.

HOW DOES SOMEONE BECOME BORN-AGAIN?
When a man accept and receives Jesus into his heart, something happen to him, there is an exchange that happen within him, his ordinary human (ADAMIC) life is replaced/exchange with the life of God, the Greeks call this life ,'ZOE' but we know it as the Grace of Jesus(eternal life) 1jn 5:9-13..
What happened to Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 4 & 5 best explain the concept of born again,

Dan 5:20 "but when his heart was lifted up in pride, he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.
21. And he was driven from the son of men, and his HEART WAS MADE LIKE THE BEASTS and his dwelling was with the wild asses, they fed him with grass like Oxen , and his body was wet with the dew of heaven till he knew that the Most High God rule in the kingdom of men and that he appointed over it whom so ever he will.

From the above we can see that God removed the human life from Nebuchadnezzar and replaced it with that of an ox, as a result, his diet change, dwelling place, company and community even his thinking change bc he has become an animal even though he was still carrying the human body.

TBC

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
THE IMPLICATION OF GRACE IN THE LIFE OF A CHRISTIAN.[/b]

Now that man is born again , carrying a new life of Christ (grace) inside him, his physical body remain the same but it is affected by the new life from
The inside. That's why d bible says in

[color=#990000]2Cor 5:17. "if any man is in Christ, he is a new creation, old thing have past away, behold all things are become new..

Now these are the implication of this new life.
1. Christ lives in him - (Gal 2:20, 3:27)
2. Operates with a new law- (1jn 3:23, Rm 8:1-2, jams 1:25)
3. He can not commit sin - (1jn 3:9)
4. Dead to sin- (rm 6:1-2)
5. Reigns in life - (rm5:17)
6. Has the ability to resist sin - (rm 6:11-14)
7.is NOT under law of Moses but under grace -(rm 6:14)
8. Is holy and righteous - (eph 4:24, rm 10:4, rm 5:17)
9. Is a king/priest - (rev 1:6, 1peter 2:9)
10. Doesnt need deliverance - (Col 1:13, Heb 2:14-15) etc etc etc
The christian love and have the GRACE to give bc he's born of love, grace compel hjm to love, and do some things and not do some things.

.GRACE AND SIN

Our beloved brother, Candour has handled this in a most beautiful manner, I was so blessed, by him, but i just want to say something here bc of what I agree with 1jn3:9 that the Christian "CAN NOT COMMIT SIN" , this is so bc the grace given us is auto pilot, apart from taking over and directing us, the bible says graces teaches us to deny ungodliness and live righteously (Titus 2:12) , I know many will diput this bc they believe their experience more than God, but the Bible says there is there for now no condemnation to those in Christ jesus , who walk NOt after the flesh but after the Spirit;it is either God is telling lie or the thruth, and i believe is telling the truth. a man who is operating under grace knows the implication of his good fortune, its like a man who earns 5k a month as his salary, and is expected to live by it and also save part of it to buy a 15ml naira car, we know that's impossible even with many life times, but if such a man is given the 15mil naira car for free, brethren, will he joke with it? the answer is a VERY BIG NO ,So it is not true that grace teaching encourage sin, but rather makes the believer more responsible. GRACE IS FREE BUT VERY COSTLY AND WE KNOW IT.
To our visitors, the non-Christians, i don't know why you came, may be to mock, or for fun, but I want to tell you, that the grace of God in Christ Jesus was not meant for Christians alone but for all, I want to invite you to come, taste and see that the Lord is good.

CONCLUDED.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by tobechi20(m): 11:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
THE LORD BE WITH YOU

and with your spirit

MAY THE ALMIGHTY GOD BLESS YOU..THE FATHER ,THE SON AND THE HOLYSPIRIT

amen

THIS GREAT E-CONVENTION IS OVER....LET US GO IN PEACE TO INBIBE WHAT WE HAVE LEARNT TO OUR EVERY DAY LIVES

thanks be to God

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? / Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". / Ramadan: Election Riggers, Kidnappers, Yahoo Boys Fasting In Vain, Say Clerics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.