Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) (17201 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / E-Grace Convention 20-14 / Einstein Personal Letter To E. Gutkind - "Religion Is..childish Superstition" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Image123(m): 5:05pm On Aug 31, 2013
GRACE IS ENOUGH

I can boast to many works
Done out of insecurity
And credit many conversations
To my immaturity
And while I’m misunderstood
You are understanding me
And showing me
How grace is enough
For everything that I’ve done right
Seems like a thousand I’ve done wrong
And I keep on losing count
Of all the times my flesh has won
And when the light of Christ that’s in me
Is overshadowed by the fall
You’re showing me
How grace is enough
When I feel unworthy
And so undeserving

[Chorus:]
Still I can come, just as I am
For I find Your love
Is free of condition
So I will run to Your wide open arms
Where I am accepted
And I am forgiven
Grace is enough for me
Your grace is enough for me
I’ve been quick at passing judgment
When I’m worthy of conviction
And the times I’ve measured virtue
Only based on my religion
But theology it seems
It’s not the things that’s saving me
Your are showing me
A grace that’s enough
When I feel unworthy
And so undeserving
[Chorus]
[Bridge:]
Though I was blind, now I see
Sweet is the sound
Of Your grace over me
You said it all on the Cross
Your grace goes beyond
All that I’ve done
When I feel unworthy
And so undeserving
You love me beyond
All my failing and hurting
It’s not who I am
But who I can be
And I know You are working
Your purpose in me
[Chorus]
Your grace is enough
More than enough
Your grace is enough for me

music by Donald James Moen
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
ATMC: obadiah777 seeth thou these pple dt speaketh in unknown tongue @goshen n @ajibam

Marry a Yoruba man,,,it will be clear to you,,
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Goshen360(m): 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
Candour:

Grace to all children of God.

Will start presentation by 5.30pm by God's grace so Christemmbassy can present afterwards.

God bless us all

Bless you. We are ready for the word of grace to build us up.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Goshen360(m): 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
Ajibam:

cheesy
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by ATMC(f): 5:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
Goshen360:

cheesy
bro goshen,sad yhu second this guy? r we still brethren?
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by ATMC(f): 5:23pm On Aug 31, 2013
Ajibam:

souls are perishing n yhu r here talking about marriage...smh...may God forgive yhu brother
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Yooguyz: 5:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
Grace is God's
unmerited favor. It is kindness
from God we don't deserve.
There is nothing we have done,
nor can ever do to earn this
favor. It is a gift from God. Grace
is divine assistance given to
humans for their regeneration
( rebirth) or sanctification; a
virtue coming from God; a state
of sanctification enjoyed through
divine favor.
A preacher once explained grace
to me with this acronym:
God's
Riches
At
Christ's
Expense
Examples:
It is by grace you were saved
through faith, and not of
yourself. (Paraphrase of
Ephesians 2:8.)

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Candour(m): 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
apologies for the delay.the devil is indeed a liar grin grin

GRACE IS NOT LICENCE

Gal 5:13-14
For brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.’

The issue of the Christian’s attitude to the flesh(Adamic nature) has always been a touchy point in Christian discourse. How does a Christian live, operate and flourish in a world gradually loosing regard for every known moral boundary seems like a question without possibility of an answer. A cursory look at events in the world today show the decadence and rottenness that pervade all spheres of human affairs. Absolutes seem not to exist anymore and the penchant to push boundaries form the basis of existence for a lot of people. The Church has been inundated with ‘pseudo-grace’ messages that seem to encourage the believer to just go ahead and engage in every hedonistic and sensuous ideas that come to mind after all ‘Christ has set us free from every law’ (though a careful study of these pretenders always reveal a terribly poor understanding of grace and its mix with aspects of the law of Moses that give them power over their flock). True we were asked to ‘Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.’(Gal 5:1) but what about Rom 6:12 which says ‘Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof’ ? should that not make a true Christian seek to get a holistic view of this whole issue of GRACE AND LICENSE? With liberty comes responsibility and this responsibility is active not passive.

We have been exposed to different aspects of the grace of our God through various teachings in the last few days and we have come to realize that nothing is more settling to our lives than the grace of God. However, there is a caveat on our liberty and this will be the focus of this teaching and we trust the Lord almighty to help us understand as we go along.

This teaching is divided into 3 parts

1 A PRODIGAL PARDONED – ABUNDANT GRACE BESTOWED

2 PARDONED PRODIGAL FINDS TRUE LIBERTY

3 CALLED TO SERVICE – NOT OBEDIENCE TO LAWS

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Candour(m): 5:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
A PRODIGAL PARDONED – ABUNDANT GRACE BESTOWED

We all at one time or the other must have heard the story of the prodigal son. It is the story of a son who compelled his father to give him his own inheritance as he wanted to enjoy some freedom and didn’t want to be under the father’s rule and thumb. This meant he reckoned the father dead and forgotten because you could only administer a will that apportions inheritance upon the death of the testator. He went far away from the presence of his father like sin always takes a man far away from God (Isa 59:2, Eph 2:12). The pleasures he found in the new country were sweet but they left him drained and reduced him practically to a dead man walking (Luke 15:17) just like sin results in spiritual death for an unsaved man (Gen 2:17, Ezek 18:4,Col 2:13). However he came to his senses, the love of the father draws him home like our Lord told us in

John 6:44
No man can come to me except the father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day’

He comes home weather beaten and helpless because he realizes he has lost his standing as a son of his father. He has lost all legitimate claim to sonship and inheritance therefore he had no rights anymore whatsoever. All he can ask for is mercy but that too should not be possible as he concluded his father dead the moment he asked for his inheritance and the dead should have nothing to offer the physically living. He comes home expecting to be taken to the cleaners, he comes home hardly expecting any kindness from a father he knew he had wronged but instead what did he find?

Luke 15:20
And he arose, and came to his father: But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him’

He found his father waiting for him nay running towards him. A loving father was on his watch, seeking a child lost to the evil hands of sin and the world. The father wasn’t angry with him, infact the father loved him more than he had ever done before because now he had become his son twice over. Hear the father affirm this

Luke 15:24
For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found……..’

Notice the father made no reference to the boy’s past misdemeanor; A loving father couldn’t care less. He never asked the boy to refund the inheritance he squandered; there was obviously more from where that came from. Instead he threw a lavish party and killed the fatted calf. This is because the loving father had justified the son. He had acquitted him of all charges and forgiven him all transgressions. He saw the son like a saint who had never left in the first place, as if he never sinned. It was full justification and it was free. This is in full agreement with apostle Paul’s words to us thus

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:’

The father showed kindness and mercy exactly how God almighty shows it to us today

Titus 3:4-5
But after that the kindness and love of God our savior toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost:

The homecoming of the Son punched holes in the father’s treasury but it was worth it just as he repeated to the older brother who questioned the rationale behind the ‘waste’

Luke 15:32
It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found’

Beloved brethren, this is a picture of the grace that saved you and me. If you’re saved today, you didn’t find God, he found you because even while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Rom 5:8. He had already made the preparation for our redemption. We come to God in faith(Heb 11:6) and we are justified by believing the gospel (Acts 13:39, 1Cor 15:1-4).

1John 3:1
Behold what manner of love the father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God………..

Brethren, how would you respond to such a love from the father? Would you want to grieve his heart again? Would you want to still go back like a pig into the mire and dirtiness of sin and the world ? would you still wish to remain a slave to sin(John 8:34) when the status and blessedness of sonship beckons? What would your answer be beloved?

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Candour(m): 5:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
PARDONED PRODIGAL FINDS TRUE LIBERTY

The pursuit of freedom drove the prodigal son into a far country but instead he went into bondage and slavery in the world. He missed a vital truth as we learn from the father’s statement to the older brother who complained he hadn’t been given any chance to make merry with his friends

Luke 15:31
And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.’

He actually had the liberty to enjoy himself because all that was the father’s were his too. However self righteousness didn’t make him know just like the lure of the world blinded his younger brother(the prodigal son) to this same truth. There was liberty in their father’s house. The GRACE that made the father wait anxiously for the son also made liberty present in the house.

Children of God, we have full liberty in Christ. When we return to the Lord, he grants us the full status of sons with full access to authority and inheritance. We are not taken in like hired servants who have no rights and have a rule book thrown at them like the prodigal son expected (Luke 15:18-19). The grace of God that saves gives liberty because the Spirit of the Lord is transferred into us the moment we believe the gospel(Eph 1:13) and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty(2Cor 3:17). We are no longer led by the flesh or by the dictates of the law but by the law of Christ. This law has made us free from the one which states that when you sin, you die(Rom 8:2). It is called the gift of no condemnation because we are in Christ Jesus (Rom 8:1). God put our condemnation on Christ when he judged him at the cross and we became the righteousness of God in him (2Cor 5:21). Brethren, we’ve been accepted in the beloved(Eph 1:6)

Having therefore being placed on this glorious pedestal, shall we continue in sin to prove that the grace of God is really abundant? (Rom 6:1) the answer comes right back my brethren; GOD FORBID (Rom 6:2). We are indeed dead to sin. Our senses are dead to its sensuous and worldly prodding. We are no longer to be led by the instincts of our flesh but rather by the leading of the Spirit of God deposited in us. Sin has become repulsive to us, it has become anathema. Though we are still in this body of flesh, we are led by the Spirit as sons of God (Rom 8:14). The works of the flesh are listed in Gal 5:19-21 and its through being led by the Spirit that we are able to be free from their stranglehold. We no longer seek to please the flesh because we are no more serving it. Only slaves keep serving their master and the flesh is no longer master in our lives, we are no longer it’s slaves therefore we can’t serve it. We’ve been liberated and we are free indeed as Christ declared (John 8:34-36).

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.’

We have been made new in Christ so we walk in the reality of this new life. Hence we can boldly say we are new creatures, all things have become new (2Cor 5:17). This new life is victorious in all respects and particularly it triumphs over the dictates of the flesh. Therefore we refuse to let the flesh take the pre-eminence. The flesh has nothing to offer us, it doesn’t profit us in anyway (John 6:63). We should not seek to gratify the flesh with its demands. We have a responsibility to mortify(i.e to destroy the strength of) the deeds of the flesh with the assured help of the Holy Spirit (Rom 8:13). Even Jesus Christ asked for help through prayers to keep the flesh under subjection (Matt 26:41) and it will do us well to take heed.

Rom 6:12-13
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.’

Yielding ourselves wholly unto God weakens the flesh in its attempt to make us obey it’s lusts. The flesh is in a constant battle with the spirit to get supremacy in our lives(Gal 5:17) but yielding to God keeps us from fulfilling the lusts of the flesh. Our Lord and master told us defilement comes not from things external to us but from things internal in us (Matt 15:19-20). He told us to deny self and that means bridling our appetites. We are therefore encouraged to present ourselves to God as a sacrifice

Rom 12:1-2
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.’

We must renew our minds daily with the word of God. We must be in constant communion with our father. This helps keep our focus aright. Our Lord wants us sanctified and he does this through the word(Eph 5:26). He wants us set apart from the world. There must be a difference between us and the world. We’ve been admonished not to love the world as this interferes with love for the father whether we admit it or not(1 John 2:15-17). Conformance to the world has been the undoing of many Christians and the reason they carry on with lives almost opposite to what was lived by the early Christians. We seek the praise of the world, we compete even among ourselves for the prize of the world and by so doing, we only elevate the flesh. We should heed Paul’s admonition in Colossians thus

Col 3:2
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.’

Christians are meant to let their light shine so much to attract unbelievers to the gospel. Your life should point the world to Christ. Not your wealth, status, influence etc because the world would always have more of these things than you. Your manner of living is what will and should make the difference. Apostle Peter admonished thus

1Pet 2:12
Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.’

Brethren, let your true liberty show.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
ATMC: souls are perishing n yhu r here talking about marriage...smh...may God forgive yhu brother

Okay
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Candour(m): 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
CALL TO SERVICE - NOT OBEDIENCE TO LAWS

Gal 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.’

We are asked to exercise liberty and not to allow a yoke on our necks. What yoke was Paul talking about here? It was the same yoke apostle Peter talked about and even our Lord and savior referred to this yoke. The law of Moses was the yoke (Acts 15:5,10;Matt 23:4). We are free from this yoke because the aim of the law has been achieved which was to bring us to the end of ourselves that we might see the need to accept God’s offer of redemption

Rom 3:19
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God’

Gal 3:24-25
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a school master.’

Our righteousness or right standing with God is no longer measured by how well we adhere to the laws of Moses because we cannot be justified or adjudged right with God based on conformity with the law (Rom 3:20). Paul said in Philippians

Phil 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:’

There were ancillary laws(ordinances) that accompanied the tables of stone but we’ve been set free from these ordinances of the law because they were nailed to the cross of Christ

Col 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;’

We however have a new law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. The law of liberty. This law was what made Christ leave his throne in heaven (of his own freewill) and come down to save sinful men. This is the law that super-cedes all laws, infact Christ called it the greatest and totality of all laws (Matt 22:37-40). This is the law of LOVE.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.’

Rom 13:10
Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.’

Gal 6:2
Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.’

1John 3:23
And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.’

Brethren, the fruit of our liberty is service: Service to God and humanity in LOVE. The practice of the law in its truest form lacked love and that is against the very nature of God for God is love(1John 4:8. There is no better illustration of this than in the story of the good Samaritan relayed by Jesus Christ himself(Luke 10:25-37). The Levite and the priest were faithful to the demands of the mosaic law; so faithful infact that they had no qualms about leaving an almost ‘dead’ man in the middle of the street because the law said so(Lev 21:11, Ezek 44:25). They were faithful to the law but they were guilty before the law giver himself. They were guilty of a lack of love. This was LEGALISM at its best but our Lord showed his utter disdain for it. They refused to do service to the needy man and this showed a heart not in tune with the nature of the almighty. Our good works cannot and will not save us but our salvation must lead to good works.

Eph 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.’

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Dear children of God, your salvation must show forth in good works. People must see you and realize you’ve had an encounter with the unchanging changer. As saved people, we are created anew in Christ(2Cor 5:17) and we must inevitably show forth the fruits of the spirit(Gal 5:22-23) which must then manifest in good works. That is the only way to let our light shine brightly before men(Matt 5:16) and this will point them to the way of the cross. Your life might be the most potent gospel some will ever listen to not your regular attendance in church, the frequency of your offerings or fastings.

Most Christians have the idea that Christian service is building big cathedrals, acquiring the latest musical and studio gadgets etc but that is very far from the truth. You and I are the temple of God today, the children of God are God’s building(1Cor 3:9) and that is where service should be directed. Christian service should be directed at edification and support of the component parts of the body of Christ. The early church excelled at this and that is the reason they made so much impact on the world and won so many souls for Christ(Acts 2:42-47).

So many ‘give’ in church today but to what end? To have the most beautiful and flamboyant ‘church in town? To win the tag of ‘church’ with widest reach? To have the most up to date musical department? As fanciful as these ends may look, they will never resonate with the almighty(Acts 7:48-50). His interest is on people and he made that abundantly clear(Matt 25:31:46). A Christian must be known, not by his riches, status, anointing etc but by LOVE(John 13:35).

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Candour(m): 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2013
In summary,

You must realize your guilt like the prodigal son and seek for mercy before you can qualify for grace

If you truly realize and know how lost you were before the grace of God came to your rescue, you’ll not want to go back into that slavery.

You who has been shown such great love and mercy should now allow the spirit of the Lord showcase love through you to God and your fellow human beings

God bless us all as we yearn for and seek a more fulfilling work with him

thank you

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 6:03pm On Aug 31, 2013
Candour: Reserved
cueing behind Candour 4 implications of grace in d life of a believer Part one. By Gods grace.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Goshen360(m): 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2013
christemmbassey: cueing behind Candour 4 implications of grace in d life of a believer Part one. By Gods grace.

Bless you man of God....we are eagerly waiting you come after Candour to give us grand finale...grace is sufficient for you sir.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
@Goshen, pls check ur inbox.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by JesusisLord85: 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
amusing. How did I miss this.
grin
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Goshen360(m): 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
christemmbassey: @Goshen, pls check ur inbox.

Checked and replied sir.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Goshen360(m): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2013
@ Candour,

Great message, great grace, great power released. That was awesome!

We believe it is by grace, so we work it from inside out by grace.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by moshoodn(m): 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2013
Been in the background all these while and following earnestly...

I thank God for this convention.

I have downloaded the message of Enigma....

Finally, I will love if the other speakers too can upload their message for us to download.

Cos I would love to reflect over them time and time again.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by veave(f): 7:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
God bless you all for the words of encouragement and for this Convention. Its not an easy road at all, but HIS GRACE is sufficient...
SHALLOM

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
Ajibam:

By the virtue of his death on the cross,I stand on the rock of ages,,every other place are sinking sand!!He said in his Word that I should ask anything by his name and it will be done,,,
Hear the Word of God!!I stand as an oracle of christ
That job is urs in jesus name
Just believe it is done,
BELIEVE BELIEVE BELIEVE
Amen
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by PastorKun(m): 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
@candour
Great presentation and your use of the example of the prodigal son was just awsome. As familiar as I am with the parable of the prodigal son I learnt a lot from your presentation and got a new understanding to it. In my opinion the topic "Grace not license" is the most important of all the topics treated in this convention because it makes us realise Grace is not meant to be abused and keeps us in proper perspective of what grace means and how to handle and not abuse it as a christian. May we have the grace to be responsible with the grace God as given us.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Enigma(m): 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
veave: God bless you all for the words of encouragement and for this Convention. Its not an easy road at all, but HIS GRACE is sufficient...
SHALLOM

Indeed! smiley
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by DrummaBoy(m): 7:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
@Candour thank for this message. Somehow i succeeded in keeping myself from tears reading it. With this every effort on this convention has been worth it. Thank u teachers for ur delivery. We await a resounding finale from christembassey. Thank u enigma kun and frosbel

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 7:48pm On Aug 31, 2013
DrummaBoy: @Candour thank for this message. Somehow i succeeded in keeping myself from tears reading it. With this every effort on this convention has been worth it. Thank u teachers for ur delivery. We await a resounding finale from christembassey. Thank u enigma kun and frosbel
Not today
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2013
@ all, let us pray.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2013
Candour: In summary,

You must realize your guilt like the prodigal son and seek for mercy before you can qualify for grace

If you truly realize and know how lost you were before the grace of God came to your rescue, you’ll not want to go back into that slavery.

You who has been shown such great love and mercy should now allow the spirit of the Lord showcase love through you to God and your fellow human beings

God bless us all as we yearn for and seek a more fulfilling work with him

thank you

Thank you Candour, a great blessing indeed and bookmarked for future digestion.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
Pastor Kun: @candour
Great presentation and your use of the example of the prodigal son was just awsome. As familiar as I am with the parable of the prodigal son I learnt a lot from your presentation and got a new understanding to it. In my opinion the topic "Grace not license" is the most important of all the topics treated in this convention because it makes us realise Grace is not meant to be abused and keeps us in proper perspective of what grace means and how to handle and not abuse it as a christian. May we have the grace to be responsible with the grace God as given us.

Well summarised.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 7:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
Our father in heaven we thank you for the grace to be here, thank you for the grace convention 2013, and thank you for leading us so far by spirit. We bless your name fpr the initiative and the purpose for it.

Father bless the initiators, the organizers, teachers and attendees, We pray for continuous multiplied Grace end Peace through the knowledge of you and of your Son Jesus Father I pray that as we share in this convention, let all the world see how the mercy we receive from you can set them free let all this joy that fills our hearts bring hunger and taste to those who stray so far, as we declare the name of Jesus as the only name that saves, as we bow in adoration amd stand in reverent awe, let your majesty and Glory fill each heart and let every sincere seeker find you in the Mighty Name of Jesus. Amen. TBC
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by christemmbassey(m): 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2013
T[b]HE IMPLICATION OF GRACE IN THE LIFE OF THE BELIEVER.[/b] PART ONE

Luke 15:11-32,
20. And he arose and came to his father, But when he was a good way off, his father saw him and had COMPASSION and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him’.

Grace has been variously defined as ‘a generous, totally unexpected, gift, divine favour, undeserved, love, clemency and benevolence shown by God towards humans. ‘ the love and mercies given to us by God, bc God wants us to have it ,NOT bc of anything we have done, can do or will ever do to EARN it.

These love and mercies manifest in abilities, holiness, righteousness, wisdom, understanding, knowledge, intelligence, and every form of Godliness that operates in a man that makes him successful without struggle.

GRACE IN TIMES AND FORMS

1. God created man- Gen 1:27
2. Covered Adam and Eve with animal skin-Gen 3
3. Saved Noah and family –Gen 6 -9
4. Called Abram- Gen 12
5. Called Moses- Exo 3
6. Made Saul and David king - sam
7. Gave Jesus to the world –jn 3:16
8. The disciples were called – jn 176-8
9. Paul called -Acts 9, Gal 1:15
10. Gentiles brought in –acts 10, 11
11. Christians receive eternal life-1jn 5:10-13.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Alwaystrue(f): 7:59pm On Aug 31, 2013
@Candour,
Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!
Thank you so much for this message. The story of the prodigal son you ended so well...I was thinking of adding the comment but you did. The prodigal son had to realise where he missed it and came home and the father's grace was waiting. Let us never scorn God's grace...for it abounds.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? / Biblical Christian Quotes and Lessons by FaithfulServant / Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.