Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:33 PM

Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) (17236 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / E-Grace Convention 20-14 / Einstein Personal Letter To E. Gutkind - "Religion Is..childish Superstition" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
1. What Tribulation is not - Part 2

1. Tribulation is not self imposed hardship :

For example monks who seclude themselves into caves or remote mountains for a closer experience with GOD.

We do not decide on what trials come our way, we leave it up to GOD who knows the areas in our lives that need pruning for the purpose of bearing more godly fruit.

"If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing." - 1 Corinthians 13:3

Self imposed hardship is also legalism and trying to establish our own righteousness.

2. Tribulation is not suffering for wrong doing.

A believer cannot attribute his suffering to tribulation ,if he knowingly commits sin persistently without repentance.

For example :

- a believer is sentenced to 15 years in prison for fraud, this is not tribulation
- a believer suffers reputational damage due to other vices like gossip, slander, fighting, not providing for family etc, .
- a believer is sentenced to death for murder does not count as tribulation.
- an illegal sexual experience produces a child or results in sexually transmitted disease like Aids.

" For it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil." - 1 Peter 3:13-17

In fact , only when we live godly lives will we become 'eligible' for real tribulation according to the will of God.

"Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." - 2 Timothy 3:12.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2013
1. Why Tribulation - Part 3

Now that we have discussed the negatives - phew !! grin , let's move on to the positives or the purpose of trials and suffering in the life of a believer.

1. To test our commitment to God.

" But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. " - Mark 4:17

2. To conform us into the image of Jesus Christ.

"For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters." - Romans 8:29

3. So that we lack no spiritual fruit

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing" - James 1:1-4

4. Because he loves us and wants us to reign with him in the new everlasting kingdom

" Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. - Revelation 3:19

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2013
I have only a few minutes left , so will race to complete my teaching.......
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2013
2. The Grace of God to withstand tribulation

It is important to note that we can only overcome or withstand the onslaught of trials and temptations through the grace of GOD.

We start our walk with grace and end it with grace. Our salvation , by which I mean the final salvation into the kingdom of GOD , is ONLY through grace.

The significance of God's grace cannot be overemphasized.

When we face trials and temptations, we should always by default go to God in prayer , like Paul did and the other apostles, we should not and never rely on worldly wisdom, people or other methods to overcome or alleviate the impact of tribulation.

Brethren, you can not do it alone, we need grace and grace can only be found in Jesus Christ who is full of grace and truth.

"So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most." - Hebrews 4:16

"In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence." - Ephesians 3:12

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet he did not sin." - Hebrews 4:15

"For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace." - Romans 6:14

You can imagine Paul who was a great apostle as a matter of habit go to God in his afflictions , to receive grace and help. Let us emulate him.

This is an example of such an occasion :
"Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.- 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

We need grace every second, minute and hour, it is GOD who pours this grace into our spirits and by this important practice of dependence ( poor in spirit ) , we will overcome the highest mountains and most difficult battles.

Remember we started this walk with grace and will end it with grace, anything else will not work.

"He will protect his faithful ones, but the wicked will disappear in darkness. No one will succeed by strength alone." - 1 Samuel 2:9
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 1:03pm On Aug 31, 2013
Go on sire...........
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2013
3. The need for Faith and Patience in tribulation

What should be our attitude in tribulations and sufferings ?

1. Faith

By Faith we obtain grace from God to persevere in the midst of trials, we cannot please God if we do not have this simple trust that he will supply abundant grace in our time of need.

Faith is the most important ingredient we need to endure to the end :

"In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one." - Ephesians 6:16

"Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. " - Romans 5:2

When we read the historical accounts of our brethren of antiquity, we see them exercise faith or simple trust in God to defeat the most insurmountable of problems, ONLY through the grace or empowerment of GOD.

For the sake of brevity, please read Hebrews 11:30-40.

2. Looking unto Jesus, not to the problems.

"fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:2

Look unto Jesus when trials comes, do not put your trust or hope in MAN, more importantly do not dwell on the problem, with God all things are possible.

3. Patience

"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." -Hebrews 10:36

We must be patient to inherit the promises of GOD,.

4. Placing our hope in the grace of GOD .

"And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you." - 1 Peter 5:10

"that being justified by His grace we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life." c- Titus 3:7

"Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace" - 2 Thessalonians 2:16

"For our proud confidence is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in holiness and godly sincerity, not in fleshly wisdom but in the grace of God, we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially toward you." - 2 Corinthians 1:12

5. Rejoice

"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy." - James 1:2

"Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." - Matthew 5:12

" The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name. Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah." - Acts 5;41-42

" Rejoice always, pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2013
Summary and end of teaching.

Grace is the vital ingredient by which we are saved , without grace we cannot overcome sin, temptation, trials or suffering.

We obtain grace by being poor in spirit, depending continuously on the grace of GOD , his unmerited favour and strength to endure to the end.

May GOD forgive each and everyone of us for our sins, may he wash us in the precious blood of Jesus and give us a clean slate to move on in his grace to the very end.

Brethren, like Peter, this is my will for you and me :

"Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord." - 2 Peter 1:2

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2013
Go on sire.....
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
Ajibam: Go on sire.....

Completed , thanks.

smiley
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 1:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
What a mighty teaching,,,,
It goes with my devotion today,,perseverance
God bless you and enrich you more.uphold you,so that at the end we would reign with him forever,,,

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
Organisers...
Please for God sake
It would be a great joy if you can compress all this teachings into either pdf or doc form...
Then you can send It to anybody who wants it through email..God bless
Thanks in advance
Shalom
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
frosbel:

Completed , thanks.

smiley

Indeed sir..
Stay blessed
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Alwaystrue(f): 1:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
@Frosbel,
This is beautifully scripture-enhanced message and I love your presentation. Everything said was carefully backed by the word of God. This is a graceful message itself. Thanks very much and may you continually enjoy God's grace in your life. Weldone!

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Frosbel,
This is beautifully scripture-enhanced message and I love your presentation. Everything said was carefully backed by the word of God. This is a graceful message itself. Thanks very much and may you continually enjoy God's grace in your life. Weldone!

Thank you sister and I wish the same blessings for you.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
Ajibam:

Indeed sir..
Stay blessed

Be blessed brother.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Alwaystrue(f): 1:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
@Frosbel,
There was a particular scripture I thought I did not see but I went back to check your post and saw you had captured it:

1 Pet.5:10 AMP
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace [Who imparts all blessing and favor], Who has called you to His [own] eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen, and settle you.

Grace makes us what we ought to be by atimes making us pass through tribulations which builds us up more, established and grounds us more securely in Him while strengthening us the more so we are not easily tossed around and then settles us more in Him with peace.
Great to be a product of grace. Great is the love of God to us.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Goshen360(m): 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2013
Great grace, great message @ frosbel. Lord bless you!
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by PastorKun(m): 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2013
@Frosbel
Nice + very deep presentation smiley the christian walk is not an easy one as is falsely presented by our wealth+health gospel merchants. May God give us grace to carry us through in times of trials and tribulations.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by FortresOfChrist(f): 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
This message has brought the blessing of this convention to my life. LORD our fortress bless the teacher.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Ajibam: 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
Ore ofe yoo kaa
Adun leti wa

Ore ofe sha
Ni igbekele miii
Jesu ku fun araye
Oku fun mi pelu

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Candour(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
There was a particular scripture I thought I did not see but I went back to check your post and saw you had captured it:

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace [Who imparts all blessing and favor], Who has called you to His [own] eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen, and settle you.

Grace makes us what we ought to be by atimes making us pass through tribulations which builds us up more, established and grounds us more securely in Him while strengthening us the more so we are not easily tossed around and then settles us more in Him with peace.

Dear sister, God bless you plenty.I love your summary above. Strength to go through challenges is what God promised yes. He didn't promise us a rose petaled pathway.

God bless u again and again
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Goshen360(m): 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2013
Ajibam: Ore ofe yoo kaa
Adun leti wa

Ore ofe sha
Ni igbekele miii
Jesu ku fun araye
Oku fun mi pelu

Wemimo ninu eje re, to n s'on ni Calvary,
We mi o, ninu eje, eje re iyebiye.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by ATMC(f): 3:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
obadiah777 seeth thou these pple dt speaketh in unknown tongue @goshen n @ajibam
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by noblefada: 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
@frosbel thanks for your presentation, u shall continually increase in the Grace of God IJN. Amen.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by alexleo(m): 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
@frosbel,
The message is filled with truth and nothing but the truth. Bitter truth but sweet in the ears of true followers of Christ. God bless you and continually perfect your ways until the day we will see our precious Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Indeed your message brought tears to my eyes. I always love the message of suffering with Christ and you delivered it so well. In our church convention early this August it was preached over and over again. You are a beloved brother.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Goshen360(m): 3:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
Announcement

While we await our teacher, christemmbassey to present his teaching soon. If his internet interruption is not resolved yet and our teacher Candour is ready, our teacher Candour can proceed while we receive the last message from christemmbassey. But if christemmbassey is ready, he can proceed with his teaching and Candour can come immediately after him.

God bless you all.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by alexleo(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
FortresOfChrist: This message has brought the blessing of this convention to my life. LORD our fortress bless the teacher.

Amen.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by alexleo(m): 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2013

You are a beloved sister. God bless you for your wonderful contribution.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by alexleo(m): 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
@Goshen360 and DrummaBoy,

Special thanks to you both for this beautiful platform you created for the word of God to be shared amongst us. God bless you more and more.

And to other organizers,
God bless you too.

Waiting for Candour and Christemmbassy to present theirs. Thanks.
Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Image123(m): 4:16pm On Aug 31, 2013
Acts 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Image123(m): 4:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
Hebrews 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) by Candour(m): 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
Goshen360: Announcement

While we await our teacher, christemmbassey to present his teaching soon. If his internet interruption is not resolved yet and our teacher Candour is ready, our teacher Candour can proceed while we receive the last message from christemmbassey. But if christemmbassey is ready, he can proceed with his teaching and Candour can come immediately after him.

God bless you all.

Grace to all children of God.

Will start presentation by 5.30pm by God's grace so Christemmbassy can present afterwards.

God bless us all

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Ramadan: Election Riggers, Kidnappers, Yahoo Boys Fasting In Vain, Say Clerics / Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / David Oyedepo's Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.