Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,084 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (738013 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by vivianc(f): 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
Lmao! Sorry for the long essay o, i no know say the thing long like that.

@Bellong: sure! Whatever i set my mind on, i do it. Have always love being an Accountant/Auditor, just that the Law bug caught me recently and I said why not? I,m definitely gonna preactice these two professions, but Law would come later. Would love to settle down first jare.

@YPP: chei, obu so mu nwe aha nile? Nwa ada ibe m ekelekwa m gi. Dalu ooooo
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by MMotimo: 11:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
@ OP

This is refreshingly different

My username is from a KSA track. I'm in the 35-40 age group, happing married with a couple of kids that make us proud. I'm not your typical Naija woman/wife/mother and we live a fairly simple life, emphasis is on the memories we create together and after God, it's my spouse and kids

People that know me would describe me as a li'l crazy, humorous, old school in many ways and take-no-nonsense type. I also happen to laugh a lot and always up for funny Yoruba comedies when I have time. Minds interest me, the deeper, the better.
I am no fashionista but have a full grasp of the concept of appropriate clothing and style that flatters though I only wear PJs when I'm at home with no guests tongue . I believe your greatest fashion accessory is your body, it will show off style better than any amount of displayed flesh ever will.

P.S. here's a call to all to bring back the glory of the family section. So many need to know it's not all doom and gloom. A good marriage starts with courtship. Spouses that change 180 degrees after marriage are a tiny minority, the chances of a happy marriage remain high with adequate due diligence during courtship.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 11:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
MMotimo: @ OP

My username is from a KSA track. I'm in the 35-40 age group, happing married with a couple of kids that make us proud. I'm not your typical Naija woman/wife/mother tongue .

I believe your greatest fashion accessory is your body, it will show off style better than any amount of displayed flesh ever will.

Welcome on-board Mmotimo!!
Good to know you hold ur spouse & kids in high regards.
I believe fashion to most women now is all about flashing flesh here & there!!
Wrong assumptions. Hopefully your post will show them the way!

♫♫♫♫ Iwaju l'oloko yi n wa mi lo, Mo ti Mo, Mo ti Mo ye o, emi ti Mo! ♫♫♫♫

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 11:41pm On Sep 04, 2013
MMotimo:
P.S. here's a call to all to bring back the glory of the family section. So many need to know it's not all doom and gloom. A good marriage starts with courtship. Spouses that change 180 degrees after marriage are a tiny minority, the chances of a happy marriage remain high with adequate due diligence during courtship.

W-O-R-D!!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by MMotimo: 11:44pm On Sep 04, 2013
Royal Roy:

♫♫♫♫ Iwaju l'oloko yi n wa mi lo, Mo ti Mo, Mo ti Mo ye o, emi ti Mo! ♫♫♫♫

With this rendition, you must be older than I thought lol
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 12:25am On Sep 05, 2013
MMotimo:

With this rendition, you must be older than I thought lol

Hehehe!!!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 05, 2013
Ngokafor: Whats up people?...how far?..whats popping?...wetin dey?...wetin dey happen?...wetin dey sele?...kilon sele?(hope i got that right)...ke nke neme?.....*still thinking of more Naija greeting i dey come*...

Nothing dey happen but back to school back and forth again! angry I'm pooped!!

Nice to see you Dami.. Viv phew grin..

Good job RR
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by tbaba1234: 2:53am On Sep 05, 2013
My name?? It is complicated... I get into too much trouble for it so id give you the uncomplicated name. Daud.... From the south south. I also got me some northern blood.

Educated at home and abroad in great institutions. I have been blessed with my education. I am thankful.

Engineer, Muslim, absolutely in love with my religion.

Age?? late 20's.

Very very single but i am thinking of settling down soon. send your applications to .... grin grin

No kids... well my baby cousin is almost like my kid grin... almost..

I read a lot of things and have some very random kinds of knowledge, love geography, religion and history. Used to like politics but i got tired of the dishonesty in politics abroad and the lack of progress in Nigeria.

I once met a Nigerian Senator abroad and he told me point blank that his generation has failed that the only hope for the country lies with the younger generation.... You mean this yahoo- yahoo, azonto generation... cry .. enough to shed tears...

I love sports: Soccer, boxing, American football (only when my alma mater is playing), Lawn tennis (male).

I love my family.

Mum's a lawyer and speaks hausa, yoruba, igbo, english and our local dialect. She makes her own clothes and is the most hardworking person I know.

Dad's an accountant , a fellow of ICAN for over 20 years, has a PhD as well. Taught me maths when I was a kid. A very valuable asset.

Siblings : Banker, Doctor, Lawyer, Economist... The 'las bon' is studying Engineering following my footsteps grin

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by taryour(f): 6:04am On Sep 05, 2013
OMG!!! Nibo ni mo tife bere bayi
Chai,nawa o in just one night of sleep and its in page 8 already? How and when do I finish reading all without having to skip?

Anyways I love you all on family section(aint nothing like it). Make I put cake in oven and start reading before my son wakes.

@vivian,my God am so loving you already.was also like you,am the first born too,also make hair,beads and a little sewing as well but had to drop some on my way up and intend picking them up later. God is your strength dearie.

@madam ypp and deols I sigh you both well well o,keep the fun going am really loving it.

@RR,chai you so full of humours and got words for it all,eku ise na. No wonder them plenty for ya hand *winks*.

Everyone on here ROCKS big time, Family section rules GASKIA....

Now where is my hubby I need to go drag him to come put him own intro too,I dey come make I go tickle am.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 05, 2013

My username is from a KSA track. I'm in the 35-40 age group, happing married with a couple of kids that make us proud. I'm not your typical Naija woman/wife/mother and we live a fairly simple life, emphasis is on the memories we create together and after God, it's my spouse and kids

People that know me would describe me as a li'l crazy, humorous, old school in many ways and take-no-nonsense type. I also happen to laugh a lot and always up for funny Yoruba comedies when I have time. Minds interest me, the deeper, the better.
I am no fashionista but have a full grasp of the concept of appropriate clothing and style that flatters though I only wear PJs when I'm at home with no guests tongue . I believe your greatest fashion accessory is your body, it will show off style better than any amount of displayed flesh ever will.

When I started posting comments on nairaland,I used to c ur handle. As a guest, I follow some of ur posts. Since I became part of nairaland, I've been searching for u. Wanted to ask about u but don't know how to go about it.
I'm happy u r back. Pls don't go again.
Missed u.
Welcome back.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by alexmbachu2: 7:59am On Sep 05, 2013
greatgod2012: TGIF!

Fun Galore!

Now, how do i start?
Ok, my username,
Greatgod........that is my name, the English translation of my name, if you are Yoruba, that is an assignment for you(i know some people will be cracking their brains by now).
Well, im a Nigerian, born, bred and married in Nigeria. Stays here.
My religion, born as a christian and christian by practice, but not fanatical.
Married, yes, married to my best friend and blessed with three wonderful and glorious children.
My believe about marriage....marriage is what you make it, if you make yourself a right person, you will attract the right person.
Favourite colour..........white and chocolate brown, blue sometimes.

Hobbies...........reading, chai! I love reading, even when i buy akara or puff-puff, i must read everything on the wrapper.
2......playing with kids, i have been doing this from my chilhood, and when i started having kids, it became an added advantage of opportunity for me.

My favourite exercise......walking!
About myself.....i am a very disciplined and contented person.

My general belief............whatever you sow, you shall reap.

I think that's enough of me.
hey ma'am,i lik your profile.so where do you stay at least i can mingle wit you
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by bellong: 9:06am On Sep 05, 2013
alexmbachu2: hey ma'am,i lik your profile.so where do you stay at least i can mingle wit you

greatgod2012: TGIF!

Well, im a Nigerian, born, bred and married in Nigeria. Stays here.
My religion, born as a christian and christian by practice, but not fanatical.
Married, yes, married to my best friend and blessed with three wonderful and glorious children.
My believe about marriage....marriage is what you make it, if you make yourself a right person, you will attract the right person.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 9:11am On Sep 05, 2013
bellong:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2013
jidegirl12:

Nothing dey happen but back to school back and forth again! angry I'm pooped!!

Nice to see you Dami.. Viv phew grin..

Good job RR

I really cant say which I prefer, 6 weeks of trying to entertain a 4 yr old or school and activity run embarassed.Now madam says she wants to do ballet, thank God the nearest school I found said they only take from 5 grin grin grin.E ku ise jare

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 9:17am On Sep 05, 2013

Good to see MMotimo, welcome ma love your posts.And for your info I love KSA too (and I am younger than you grin grin grin not too much though emi naa ma ti dagba niyen)
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by kayword(m): 9:23am On Sep 05, 2013
Erm erm, been following dis thread 4 som tym, but wen i started seeing my favorite persons here, i decide 4 my mind ' i must to join'

I am kayword - as in letter 'k'+ 'word'. K begins my name and d 'word' is a literal translatn of d name.

I yam a very shy person, i think a thought like ten times before spurting it out. Omo yoruba ni mi, village boy for dat matter. I am an underg at a uni in d southwest- hope to b a vet medico in a few yrs time IA.

I love to read, almost anytin readable, subject to my varying moods, emotions and interests. I hav a quite broadened horizon. I like football a lot, i play and i watch man united evry other weekend. I do watch tennis too #federer.
I am a muslim in my early twenties with a loving family to boast of.
Wt else?? Waitee, i dy com bac...
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 9:45am On Sep 05, 2013
kayword:
I love to read, almost anytin readable, subject to my varying moods, emotions and interests. I hav a quite broadened horizon. I like football a lot, i play and i watch man united evry other weekend. I do watch tennis too #federer.
I am a muslim in my early twenties with a loving family to boast of.
Wt else?? Waitee, i dy com bac...

Welcome Dr.Kayword.
You didn't tell us who your favourite nairalanders are!
Which football club do you follow?

Oya come & answer before I offer you popcorn & chilled coke!!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 9:46am On Sep 05, 2013
bellong:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He who have eyes, let them see!!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 9:50am On Sep 05, 2013
taryour: OMG!!! Nibo ni mo tife bere bayi

@RR,chai you so full of humours and got words for it all,eku ise na. No wonder them plenty for ya hand *winks*.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Bo se wu Oluwa lo'un s'ola e!!

I dey try, make I no miss the right one sha!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 9:55am On Sep 05, 2013
tbaba1234: My name?? It is complicated... I get into too much trouble for it so id give you the uncomplicated name. Daud.... From the south south. I also got me some northern blood.

Dad's an accountant , a fellow of ICAN for over 20 years, has a PhD as well. Taught me maths when I was a kid. A very valuable asset.

Siblings : Banker, Doctor, Lawyer, Economist... The 'las bon' is studying Engineering following my footsteps grin

Tbaba, your head is plenty for there!! grin grin

Ahhhh, you & your siblings want to finish reading all the books? Anyway, always nice seeing a family of intellectuals.

Visit here more often, we might "bless" you with a luscious, pretty & swaggerlicious babe for you as take away!!

Welcome once again.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Sissie(f): 11:09am On Sep 05, 2013
tbaba1234:
Mum's a lawyer and speaks hausa, yoruba, igbo, english and our local dialect. She makes her own clothes and is the most hardworking person I know.

Nice seeing a family of intellectuals.
I speak hausa, Yoruba, tried learning igbo, but it was hard and I didn't have many igbo friends so I gave up. I also make some of my cloths.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ngokafor(f): 11:23am On Sep 05, 2013
....With the permission of our able oga himself Royal Roy,i'd like us to air our views on an issue that has been raging on this forum for like forever! grin

...There is so much talk about girls and women being materialistic and I agree to a large extent...it is wrong to base a relationship strictly on monetary gains and no self-respecting person should scrounge of someone else.
...however,i think some of our brothers are taking this 'materialistic' mantra too far....in this forum and others, one male posters says something negative about his girlfriend or wife(often has to do with money)..and before you can say 'jack',there would be an avalanche of female bashing vitriol from the male folk and you begin to wonder what on earth is going on! cry cry..

...Regardless of the strides we may have made as a nation in terms of being cosmopolitan, we pretty much still adhere to our traditional ways of life were the male is the head of the house/breadwinner(?) and the female the homemaker and all. The average Nigerian male sees himself as the head in any relationship he is in, whether married, engaged or even dating....I don't have a problem with that at all but if I may ask, does being a head not come with some sort of responsibilities?...I see some guys shouting 50-50 and I think to myself 50-50 of what exactly?...if it's its 50-50- for singles then fine, but a big NO for married couples because the 50-50 is more often than not bills alone...what will now happen to cooking, cleaning, taking care of the kids and all?

...Am saying all these cos I see some married men complaining bitterly about having to do 'everything'...'everything' in this case being the bills undecided undecided.( and I know they had same 50-50 mentality when they were single).My dear brothers ,cooking, cleaning, taking care of babies and toddlers and attending to a husbands needs is no joke!!..it is physically and mentally exhausting!....please don't get me wrong people,i believe that a woman should do her bit financially in the home...what with the economic situation in the country....but I feel the percentage(lol!) should be in the region of 70-30 instead.

...I know it's not as clear cut as am making it out to be but I believe there should be a balance so that the cries of doing 'everything' will not be as loud as its been so far grin grin

..now over to you people!..
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by dominique(f): 11:29am On Sep 05, 2013
nice thread smiley

subscribing

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ngokafor(f): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2013
...on a second thought...am wondering whether what I posted earlier is appropriate for this fun thread undecided undecided...but I don't know how to delete a post... shocked..some body help!! shocked
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 11:49am On Sep 05, 2013
Ngokafor: ...on a second thought...am wondering whether what I posted earlier is appropriate for this fun thread undecided undecided...but I don't know how to delete a post... shocked..some body help!! shocked

It is very appropriate Ngokafor!
The fun room is to discuss anything & everything that comes to mind!

Nice topic of discuss.
Be back with my review soon.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Sissie(f): 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
@ngokafor I agree with you fully, if a man wants 50-50 for the bills then its only fair to also do 50% of the house chores and taking care of the kids, but I know many men would never agree to this, but are first to say 50-50.

70-30 for the bills is only fair.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by tbaba1234: 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
Sissie:

Nice seeing a family of intellectuals.
I speak hausa, Yoruba, tried learning igbo, but it was hard and I didn't have many igbo friends so I gave up. I also make some of my cloths.

She is weakest in Igbo too. Probably the hardest to learn.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by tbaba1234: 12:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
Royal Roy:

Tbaba, your head is plenty for there!! grin grin

Ahhhh, you & your siblings want to finish reading all the books? Anyway, always nice seeing a family of intellectuals.

Visit here more often, we might "bless" you with a luscious, pretty & swaggerlicious babe for you as take away!!

Welcome once again.

grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by kayword(m): 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
Royal Roy:

Welcome Dr.Kayword.
You didn't tell us who your favourite nairalanders are!
Which football club do you follow?

Oya come & answer before I offer you popcorn & chilled coke!!

Me i be manutd fc fan o. I like to dey watch as dat VP vamoose ball inside net.:-D
My fav persons ask say make i bring that your 'guguru' with epa first. The coke too must be 'orobo'
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by afrobaby(f): 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
@Ngokafor, u are damn right my dear, most married men will begin to raise their voices when they talk about financial needs in the. House, if a man categorically tells me we should do a 50-50 share of finacial needs, then, am sorry, then it means even to breast.feeding the baby, it will be 50-50. There are often times when a woman bears more than 50% of financial needs but the man is in no place to ask for it, we all know needs abound, but it is still the responsibility of the man to provide. Don't they hear this during wedding sermons, even in registries? At times I get really mad when I see some men behave irresponsibly to the needs of their families but hey, women will always find a way to take care of her family even if it means her borrowing.
Men, we are help meets, it si your RESPONSIBILITY to meet our needs (maybe not wants) and it is our DUTY to love and support you..
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by deols(f): 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
r231:

Loooool grin grin

dont let Deols and madam CC catch you making fun of IB

Lagos is like London to Ibadan pple grin grin grin grin

runs out fast before they catch me!!!!

I didnt see this before.

Who doesnt know that Ibadan people taught the others everything?

we have all of the first things. wink
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by deols(f): 10:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
bukatyne:

RR,

I have set the records straight on page 1 or 2

re set it jorhhh

red and black is a good combo. black lady in red bugatti...yayyy una too mush

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.