Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers (11469 Views)

The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria / All Nigerian Internet Data Bundle Plans & Subscription Codes / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by purplekayc(m): 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
iyobs7: Until unlimited power supply is guaranteed in Nigeria, we should forget about the cost of internet going down. I am studying in India with a population of more than 1.2billion people and they have uninterrupted power supply. I am using fiber broadband internet of 15mbps with Fair usage policy of 50GB after that the speed drops to 4mbps unlimited and I pay just 1100 rupees per month which is not even up to 3000 naira. Let the government fix electricity issue then you can talk or you want them to burn fuel or diesel then layer give u cheap internet?
shebi dem don deregulate almighty PHCN abi?
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by thundey95(m): 5:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
Well I understand your pain and every one else pain our Internet Service Providers has been inflicting on us since these years, we all shout God bless Nigeria when we dont bless ourselves, America and other developed countries achieve greatness trough the love they have and share for themselves and their nation, they make life much harder to theirselves and every things seems easy.

Though I dont really blame those ISP in Nigeria, are they not the people that made it unlimited before?[/b] lets think about this in a more broad and sensible way, if you're giving unlimited internet access for a day, I bet you will almost download all the latest songs, apps, video and some insensible and useless things, am not saying downloading is a crime, i do that alot, but we Nigerians use things recklessly as soon as its available for free, we only value paid services more than free (EVEN IF PAID SERVICE IS USELESS) an yet we love free things!

Imagine someone downloaded Adult movies more thant 70 GB in a day, just because he's using unlimited internet access, that's whole lots of data and this am sure it will definitely affect the network entirely and the only way our ISP can stop this is to stop unlimited internet access.

therefore a[b]another apology letter to our ISP
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=16pt][/size]

To any ISP it may concern

pls dear sir or ma
pls help us restore the glory of unlimited data bundle, and we promise not to abuse it or use it uselessly, we've now understand how greatly it will affect your network which is your top priority to be made available to us all the time.

we understand it is for our own benefits, come to our rescue and give us unlimited internet access again

Thank you for your understand.

your faithfully

unlimited internet access lover

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by purplekayc(m): 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
“hammedkola: If you have DStv, get 4 things; Cable modem, wireless router, cat 5 cable and RJ45 cable,

Connect d cat5 cable to the RF Out port @ d back of the DStv decoder, and d other end to d back of the cable modem

Plug the RJ45 (also known as Lan cable) to the back of the cable modem and the other end to the wireless router, and that's all...

Configure your router, and connect to the wireless network to browse. Its unlimited and damn fast. So far you have any type of plan subscribed to on your DStv, you are good to browse for that month”hope it works, tried configuring my mytv decoder the other time and I hit a brick wall.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by omode2(m): 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
iyobs7: Until unlimited power supply is guaranteed in Nigeria, we should forget about the cost of internet going down. I am studying in India with a population of more than 1.2billion people and they have uninterrupted power supply. I am using fiber broadband internet of 15mbps with Fair usage policy of 50GB after that the speed drops to 4mbps unlimited and I pay just 1100 rupees per month which is not even up to 3000 naira. Let the government fix electricity issue then you can talk or you want them to burn fuel or diesel then layer give u cheap internet?
guy dont be decieved by dt power tin if u are sayin its because of power dt means we shd still b calling at 60 per min of wc dt was what they said caused d high cost of tarrif then. Has power improved since 2001? Dont we make call for less than 15 Naira?. Before glo connected tru d sub marine cable to d world it was said dt d high tarrif for data was due to lack of direct connectivity. Bt glo has nt reduced their data tarrif(maybe they want to recoup d cost before bringing it down). I believe Nigerians have been taken for a ride by d network providers its so appalling for them to offer 10Mb and all ds night browsing of 2500 Naira by MTN is a slap on our faces so because of browsing one will have to stay awake.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by niyimat(m): 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
imagine load N200 and get 15mb free, it was first started by etisalat, later mtn, and airtel lately. And that is why nearly all Nigerian youths, esp in the teens and late teens are into facebook, 2go, you can name them without doing anything tangible on the internet. what on earth will 200mb at the rate of N1000 or so will do in the age of infomation technology. seriously its damned too EX Pensive..
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by fineworker24(m): 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
Road_Lord:
10 years ago, On-net, MTN was charging N50 for 0-59 seconds. Today, it charges barely 10k/s. SMS was N15, now N4. Infrastructure didn't improve.

Then, Sim sold btw 6-25K, today it is about N25 with I beg. Only the casing changed.

BB plan use to be 5K, down to 3K. Few weeks ago, MTN BB plan was 3K, unlimited. The price was slashed and the package was capped. Nepa is still PHCN

Why would glo sell 3072MB for 1k and MTN gives 300MB for same 1K.

I can't remember any improvement in infrastructure. We are talking exploitation, you are saying infrastructure. Same excuse in 2001.

Do you know MTN has a target of 50 Billion Naira monthly in Nigeria market, a market where infrastruture is any issue.

Has it even occurred to you that almost every business can use "infrastructure" excuse.
Those using infrastructure as an excuse is not in touch with reality.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by igwechosen(m): 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
Yea, let them listen.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by femi9naija(m): 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
I get angry too when I see what our network providers are giving us as bandwidth at outrageous prices.
To be candid, shouldn't we be angry at our government? A responsible govt provides internet, electricity & gas to the houses of its citizenry. Check the European countries. Yet, we r proud to call ourselves the giant of Africa.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by besttop(m): 11:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
what we need is speedy network services
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by eraly(m): 2:50am On Oct 03, 2013
Pls let us stop all dis 'e-rantings' n try find a way to let our govmnt n d ISPs knw dat we deserve value for our money. lets put heads 2geda. Notin is impossible with GOD n our determination.

N for dose taking side with d ISPs(am suspecting dat u ar on d pay roll of dis ISPs, so u av to support dem), am nt saying u arn't rite to some xtent o, bt d fact still remains dat we ar being cheated.

GOD Bless Nigeria. AMEN
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Sunymoore(m): 6:53am On Oct 03, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

That's my bad, re-read it, he did say fibre.

All the more reason why we shouldn't expect cheap uncapped plans from current wireless technology in Nigeria, i.e, 3G, 4G.

With regards to price, it's a well known fact that service providers strive to recoup capital investment first before reduction of price follows. Further reduction of prices is also facilitated by adequate competition.

A company in Abuja is presently laying fibre in select communities, and I got a chance to look at their "cost recovery plan", the first few years are aimed at recouping massive costs for laying fibre.

Btw, I just tested swifts wireless 4G LTE, and got a result of 10mbps, I'm about to jump on that.
Ok bros. With time
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Waxingtech(m): 9:11am On Oct 03, 2013
Hello people, getting unlimited data in Nigeria for as low as 2k in a month is possible, just get a multilinks modem and send me a mail tru walexd010@gmail.com for more details.tnk u.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Yolmite(m): 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2013
Can you imagine My subscription for mtn bis didn't last a week.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by orgasticdance: 8:03am On Oct 04, 2013
so india that i was thinking was very backward and dirty actually enjoys cheaper and better internet than this useless country called nigeria. chineke ekweala ihe ojor. as i was reading through this thread one word kept dancing in my mind: trapped.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by Jollymich(m): 11:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
I want to know If you can helpe to connect Mytv and my toshiba cable modem online
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by tope436(f): 12:05am On Oct 11, 2014
Billyonaire:
I am pained by the rip off going on in the data providers sector with NCC turning a blind eye or bribed.

I contacted NCC twice on their website contact page lamenting the cheating and rip off going on in the data sector through their contact page but they haven't responded. May be all Nairalanders need to visit NCC website and fill a petition in their contact page lets see if they will respond.

I used to spend 18k monthly on cobranet 4yrs ago, but as soon as GSM providers join the business then data got capped, now 40k subscription is not enough monthly and I spend more.

Can some tell me the cheat to use ? I feel I am cheated by these gluttonous ISPs.

Contact me I have a solution for you
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by tope436(f): 12:08am On Oct 11, 2014
purplekayc:
“hammedkola: If you have DStv, get 4 things; Cable modem, wireless router, cat 5 cable and RJ45 cable,

Connect d cat5 cable to the RF Out port @ d back of the DStv decoder, and d other end to d back of the cable modem

Plug the RJ45 (also known as Lan cable) to the back of the cable modem and the other end to the wireless router, and that's all...

Configure your router, and connect to the wireless network to browse. Its unlimited and damn fast. So far you have any type of plan subscribed to on your DStv, you are good to browse for that month”hope it works, tried configuring my mytv decoder the other time and I hit a brick wall.

lol grin
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by purplekayc(m): 12:53am On Oct 11, 2014
tope436:

lol grin
funny uh?
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers by purplekayc(m): 1:00am On Oct 11, 2014
tope436:

Contact me I have a solution for you

wats the solution oo? i browse with MTN sometimes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile / Listening To Conversation On Your Cell Phone / Gotv Has Brided Us Not By Tstv. See What They Gave Their Customers Free.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.