Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? (15683 Views)

Poll: Husbands in the labor room:

Yes: 90% (68 votes)
No: 9% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Guys, Can You Go In With Your Wife To Labour Room? / Should Husbands Hide Money From Their Wives? / Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 11:23pm On May 26, 2009
big_bumper:

@ Topic

Hell yes, infact I will go one step further and tell the midwives to tie a rope to his thingy so that every time I feel a contraction coming, I will pull the rope so that he can feel and share the pain too cheesy There is love in sharing abi and na for better for worse we sign cheesy grin cheesy

lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

good idea! make them feel the pain too
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 11:24pm On May 26, 2009
big_bumper:

@ Topic

Hell yes, infact I will go one step further and tell the midwives to tie a rope to his thingy so that every time I feel a contraction coming, I will pull the rope so that he can feel and share the pain too cheesy There is love in sharing abi and na for better for worse we sign cheesy grin cheesy

CHEI! ! ! u harsh ooo   cry cry cry cry

~Sissy~:

lawd punish ur kinky head there angry angry angry

whether it is urs or not, y'all need to get ur ass over there cuz she didnt commit the act alone tongue tongue

why should i suffer for another bobo crime?  angry angry angry angry
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 26, 2009
na2day?:

sissy is correct, we just want to respect our wife's privacy while we try and beat "Call of Duty 5" on that PS3. by the way, how are we sure the baby is ours? u want us to pass out on behalf of another dude? angry angry
na2day? na2day? na2day?

Howmany times did I call you? So you dnt trust your baby to be urs?

aiye le o tongue

~Sissy~:

when they are holding ur hand in there, and the doctor says give me one more push, the head is coming out, he probably be tempted to see the action tongue tongue

you dey mind them. this man or woman who wrote the following article says it all, about us being a weaker sex.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-275477.0.html
well, that sounds like a personal problem to me. No be me pull his eyes down there. tongue

I want him in the labour room with me, and I think with all I'll go thru for 9 months, I have the right to ask for his presence cheesy

big_bumper:

@ Topic

rotlmao. evil woman.
Ur idea is not bad o, not bad at all cool cool cool
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 11:26pm On May 26, 2009
na2day?:

CHEI! ! ! u harsh ooo   cry cry cry cry

why should i suffer for another bobo crime?  angry angry angry angry

too bad, dats life 4 u. y'all are of the same caliber tongue tongue

well, that sounds like a personal problem to me. No be me pull his eyes down there.

I want him in the labour room with me, and I think with all I'll go thru for 9 months, I have the right to ask for his presence

if only they could understand sad sad sad sad
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 11:32pm On May 26, 2009
FL Gators:

na2day? na2day? na2day?

Howmany times did I call you? So you dnt trust your baby to be urs?

aiye le o tongue

i cant count, how many times did u call me?  grin grin grin

FL Gators:

I want him in the labour room with me, and I think with all I'll go thru for 9 months, I have the right to ask for his presence cheesy

after what i went through of not having sex for 9months i reserve the right not to show up, maybe due to traffic  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 26, 2009
Sissy, so na this man u wan take to the altar?
oma se o embarassed

@na2day?
I know you can't count na. olodo rabata tongue

Actually, you can still have sex with your WIFE up to 6 months into pregnancy. It won't hurt the baby.
You've just got to know themoves and how to work it wink
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 11:48pm On May 26, 2009
FL Gators:

Sissy, so na this man u wan take to the altar?
oma se o embarassed

@na2day?
I know you can't count na. olodo rabata tongue

Actually, you can still have sex with your WIFE up to 6 months into pregnancy. It won't hurt the baby.
You've just got to know themoves and how to work it wink

wat is wrong with sissy,me and the altar?  angry angry angry angry by the way, what is olodo? didnt i tell u to speak in pidgin english? angry angry angry sex with a heavily pregnant woman is not just the same thing  cry cry cry
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Nobody: 12:06am On May 27, 2009
na2day?:

wat is wrong with sissy,me and the altar? angry angry angry angry by the way, what is olodo? didnt i tell u to speak in pidgin english? angry angry angry sex with a heavily pregnant woman is not just the same thing cry cry cry
I told you I'm not speaking pidgin for you. You undertand yoruba, so kilo de?

Ehrrmm, why not when she's pregnant? Atleast you get to be the driver for all 3 months
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 12:13am On May 27, 2009
FL Gators:

I told you I'm not speaking pidgin for you. You undertand yoruba, so kilo de?

Ehrrmm, why not when she's pregnant? Atleast you get to be the driver for all 3 months

nah, i like sport cars not vans lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Nobody: 12:27am On May 27, 2009
rotflmao grin
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 12:44am On May 27, 2009
FL Gators:

rotflmao grin

wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by damiso(f): 3:38pm On May 27, 2009
I am expecting our first child and am in 6th month.I have always hammered on the fact that i wanted my hubby there with me on the day of delivery,now i that i am getting closer to my due date,i think i am having a rethink.

My reason for this is my husband's temperament,suffice to say i am the 'calm' one in the relationship.He is 'Mr Panic' and often times i am always the one able to keep my calm during stressful situations,the man just simply over worries.I can picture him flipping out with just one scream.He has been such a pain with this pregancy sef that i think i will prefer having my mum with me.

'You are losing weight','Your tummy is not growing','Have you had milk today',Tell your boss you did not sleep well so you can't come in','Should you be eating tuna','i dont think you should relax your hair','Why did u mop the bathroom Floor' etc angry are just a few of the man's annoying rants,one would think i was dying.Yeah i enjoy the pampering but it can get stifling atimes.

This has led me to think he might punch the doctor or mid wife if the pain relief is not quickly admistered.So even though he does not know it yet wink,i think i would not want him there adding to my stress,my mom is the better option.

So about having husbands in the labour room,i think this should be left to individuals to decide(the mother and the husband in question)and what they feel would suit them,as i say everyman to his own.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 6:05pm On May 27, 2009
damiso:

I am expecting our first child and am in 6th month.I have always hammered on the fact that i wanted my hubby there with me on the day of delivery,now i that i am getting closer to my due date,i think i am having a rethink.

My reason for this is my husband's temperament,suffice to say i am the 'calm' one in the relationship.He is 'Mr Panic' and often times i am always the one able to keep my calm during stressful situations,the man just simply over worries.I can picture him flipping out with just one scream.He has been such a pain with this pregancy sef that i think i will prefer having my mum with me.

'You are losing weight','Your tummy is not growing','Have you had milk today',Tell your boss you did not sleep well so you can't  come in','Should you be eating tuna','i dont think you should relax your hair','Why did u mop the bathroom Floor' etc angry  are just a few of the man's annoying rants,one would think i was dying.Yeah i enjoy the pampering but it can get stifling atimes.

This has led me to think he might punch the doctor or mid wife if the pain relief is not quickly admistered.So even though he does not know it yet wink,i think i would not want him there adding to my stress,my mom is the better option.

So about having husbands in the labour room,i think this should be left to individuals to decide(the mother and the husband in question)and what they feel would suit them,as i say everyman to his own.

God bless ur heart for such a realistic story, i for one will definitely pass out, so i support the idea of not being in the wrong. thanks for sharing  smiley
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 1:07am On May 29, 2009
na2day?:

God bless ur heart for such a realistic story, i for one will definitely pass out, so i support the idea of not being in the wrong. thanks for sharing  smiley

so does this imply a change of heart then

[size=1pt]
*crossing ma finger*[/size]
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 3:26am On May 29, 2009
~Sissy~:

so does this imply a change of heart then

[size=1pt]
*crossing ma finger*[/size]

uh, what? [size=4pt]****crossing my fingers with u****[/size]
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 4:00am On May 29, 2009
na2day?:

uh, what? [size=4pt]****crossing my fingers with u****[/size]

stop being confused jor angry angry
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 5:25am On May 29, 2009
~Sissy~:

stop being confused jor angry angry
me confused? heck nah! why should i have a change of heart? the labor room is no place for a good man. don't worry once u give birth to that handsome young son of ours, i will be there in a flash to take u home grin grin grin
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 6:14am On May 29, 2009
na2day?:

me confused? heck nah! why should i have a change of heart? the labor room is no place for a good man. don't worry once u give birth to that handsome young son of ours, i will be there in a flash to take u home grin grin grin

u must sign a paper b4 the conception dat u will be there OR no show tongue tongue
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by C2H5OH(f): 6:17am On May 29, 2009
I think they are worried about the psychological damage the husband will suffer. He might not be able to make love to his wife for another 24 months if he witnesses that.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 6:40am On May 29, 2009
~Sissy~:

u must sign a paper b4 the conception dat u will be there OR no show tongue tongue

ok i agree, i will sign the paper, all i have to do now is to take my "pass out" pills b4 u enter the labor room grin grin grin
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 6:54am On May 29, 2009
na2day?:

ok i agree, i will sign the paper, all i have to do now is to take my "pass out" pills b4 u enter the labor room grin grin grin

which pass out pills

no cheating or wayo for dis agreement oo or else am not tongue
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 7:53am On May 29, 2009
~Sissy~:

which pass out pills

no cheating or wayo for dis agreement oo or else am not tongue

me? cheat? no ooooo, i am a man of my word grin grin grin
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 8:02am On May 29, 2009
na2day?:

me? cheat? no ooooo, i am a man of my word grin grin grin

u have said dat many times, so how am sure dis one isnt one of ur usual phrases

make me believe
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 8:12am On May 29, 2009
~Sissy~:

u have said dat many times, so how am sure dis one isnt one of ur usual phrases

make me believe

give me ur address and i will come to prove it to u live and direct grin grin grin
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 8:19am On May 29, 2009
na2day?:

give me ur address and i will come to prove it to u live and direct grin grin grin

ma house ke?

and i thot i was dealing w/som1 who get big mansion sef angry angry

so where u fit raise ur 15 pikins then
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 8:26am On May 29, 2009
~Sissy~:

ma house ke?

and i thot i was dealing w/som1 who get big mansion sef  angry angry

so where u fit raise ur 15 pikins then

oh, for my grand papa farm in the village, where else?   grin grin by the way, u expect me to be in the labor room 15 times? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 8:31am On May 29, 2009
na2day?:

oh, for my grand papa farm in the village, where else?   grin grin by the way, u expect me to be in the labor room 15 times? shocked shocked shocked

abeg jor, which kinda yeye village b dat,

abi do i look like a village queen to u b4 angry angry

no mansion for township, i no do angry angry

y r u getting scared of 15 pikins

i want to set a record jare cool cool cool cool
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 8:56am On May 29, 2009
~Sissy~:

abeg jor, which kinda yeye village b dat,

abi do i look like a village queen to u b4 angry angry

no mansion for township, i no do angry angry

y r u getting scared of 15 pikins

i want to set a record jare cool cool cool cool

i get mansion, e dey 4 heaven [size=3pt]****this world is not my home, am just a stranger here, if heaven is not my home, then what would i do? the angels beckon me to heavens open doors and i dont feel at home in this world any more****[/size] grin grin grin me i am not scared of 15 pikins ooo as long as they are all truly mine and i wont be in the labor room 15 times
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 11:33pm On May 29, 2009
na2day?:

i get mansion, e dey 4 heaven [size=3pt]****this world is not my home, am just a stranger here, if heaven is not my home, then what would i do? the angels beckon me to heavens open doors and i dont feel at home in this world any more****[/size] grin grin grin me i am not scared of 15 pikins ooo as long as they are all truly mine and i wont be in the labor room 15 times

abeg jor no use heaven now to escape ur responsibility jare angry angry angry angry

r u now accusing me of cheating now
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 12:03am On May 30, 2009
~Sissy~:

abeg jor no use heaven now to escape ur responsibility jare angry angry angry angry

we have to be heavenly minded tongue tongue tongue

~Sissy~:

r u now accusing me of cheating now
not yet! grin grin grin
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 12:07am On May 30, 2009
na2day?:

we have to be heavenly minded tongue tongue tongue
not yet! grin grin grin

i shouda seen dis coming, heavenly palace ko, heavenly minded ni

not yet?

wot do u mean not yet
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by family7777: 12:11am On May 30, 2009
I just want view points. We have all seen the movie 'Fat Girlz' What do we reallu think about African men in the are of love, love making, relationship, provider, and as parents?

Family77777

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? / Sad Facts About Modern Family Life / My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.