Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,371 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3483951 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1540) (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) (1546) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by heavenisreal18: 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2023
Pls do I need transcript to apply for PGD in education, transcript wasn't stated on their site , only o level and degree certificate was stated

Also I have generated application no ,is that what I will take to bank to get remitter.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2023
heavenisreal18:
Pls do I need transcript to apply for PGD in education, transcript wasn't stated on their site , only o level and degree certificate was stated

Also I have generated application no ,is that what I will take to bank to get remitter.
Yes, transcripts is required. Apply for it and submit the evidence of application during your verification.
You were supposed to proceed to generate the Remita number and proceed with payment either online or at the bank (7500).
After that, you come to the site and use the CONTINUE AFTER PAYMENT option...
The instructions are on the home page of the NOUN nouonline.net

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikedu(m): 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2023
[quote author=Mikedu post=124623179]Get help on:

▶️ Admission Assistance/Enquiry...
▶️ project Topics/writing
▶️ TMA assistance
▶️ Past Questions

▶️ Transcript services

▶️ project Topics, Materials & Writeup
* For assistance on historical matters
* For analysis on current affairs
* For articles on current affairs and historical matters.
* Proficiency letters
* Reference letters
* certificate

Kindly call or contact us via WhatsApp with this number: 07058666109
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by heavenisreal18: 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
Enskynelson:

Yes, transcripts is required. Apply for it and submit the evidence of application during your verification.
You were supposed to proceed to generate the Remita number and proceed with payment either online or at the bank (7500).
After that, you come to the site and use the CONTINUE AFTER PAYMENT option...
The instructions are on the home page of the NOUN nouonline.net

Thanks for the response how do I apply for the transcript what are the process involved, secondly hope it won't delay my admission into Noun
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hojuholape: 10:44pm On Sep 20, 2023
How many times is a student required to be present for practicals using CIT 104 as a case study?

Is the attendance required once or what?

Thank you.
Samisha500:
Important Notice Regarding Practical Courses and Attendance

Dear NOUN Students,

We want to provide clarity regarding practical courses that do not include Tutor-Marked Assignments (TMAs). This specifically applies to courses such as BIO191, BIO192, CIT104, PHY191, PHY192, CIT191, and others.

Mandatory Practical Attendance: NOUN has implemented a mandatory attendance policy for students enrolled in practical courses. It is imperative that all students participating in these practical courses attend and actively engage in the practical exercises.

Consequences of Non-Attendance: Failure to attend the practical sessions will result in a significant loss of 30 marks from your overall assessment. This is a substantial deduction that can greatly affect your final grades.

Impact on Exam Results: Please be aware that if you do not attend the practicals and incur a loss of 30 marks, your exam score may become inconsequential. Your exam result will be marked as “NO TMA (NT).”

Practicals Commencement: The Faculty of Sciences for the 2023_2 session will conduct hands-on practical sessions. These practicals are scheduled to take place from September 25, 2023, to October 21, 2023.

Designated Study Centers: Practicals will be held at designated study centers across different regions of Nigeria, including:

🔅North East: Bauchi and Yola
🔅North West: Kano and Sokoto
🔅North Central: Abuja and Makurdi
🔅South East: Owerri and Enugu
🔅South-South: Benin and Uyo
🔅South West: Abeokuta, Lagos, and Osogbo

Compulsory Participation: We strongly emphasize that participation in these practical exercises is compulsory. The scores you earn during these sessions will contribute to your overall assessment as a student.

We urge all students registered for practical courses this semester to make necessary arrangements and attend the practicals at the designated centers nearest to them.

Your commitment to attending and actively participating in these practical sessions will play a pivotal role in your academic progress.

Thank you for your attention to this important matter.

Best Regards
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 11:31pm On Sep 20, 2023
heavenisreal18:

Thanks for the response how do I apply for the transcript what are the process involved, secondly hope it won't delay my admission into Noun
How to apply for transcripts depends on your alma mater. Ask from the school u finished from. Kindly note that exams begin 24th October. If you cannot meet up, we plan for next semester which begins by January. What u need is evidence of application for your transcripts from your former school. If u can get that, no delays.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by GideonG(m): 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2023
My gratitude goes out to all the well wishers on this platform.

I just received my admission letter to study Msc Artificial intelligence at ACETEL NOUN

I almost thought I will be coming in by January due to the dalay in the coming of the admission letter, the letter arrived today, which have been dated since 12th September, 2023

I have been admitted for the 2023/24 academic season and on the file's name 2023_2 was included which means as I guessed the second batch of the 2023 intakes.

I have read the intructions concerning transcript and will act accordingly, i will appreciate any info that would help me towards making it work
Also I will appreciate more information on anything that concerns this particular batch, like their calender, deadlines, have the classes started? Any relevant info could help.
When to pay fees, how much is expected of me to pay, etc

Do I have colleagues here too? if yes I would love to connect.

Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livinsoul: 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2023
Hello sirs/mas.
Is CIT 104 one of the core courses for BA(Ed) Primary Education in NOUN?
Asking for an acquaintance in 100L, 2nd Semester.
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Monaboo(m): 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2023
heavenisreal18:

Would you advice someone to do PGDE at NTI?

And why?

The person is based in Lagos
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:57am On Sep 22, 2023
Monaboo:

Would you advice someone to do PGDE at NTI?

And why?

The person is based in Lagos
NTI's PGD. Education is in affiliation with NOUN. The certificate will be from NOUN. The only majore difference is the fact that you will have physical classes instead of the virtual classes in NOUN.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenarrow01(m): 11:02am On Sep 22, 2023
Pls guys is now admission still on
100 level
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenarrow01(m): 11:04am On Sep 22, 2023
Samisha500:
Important Notice Regarding Practical Courses and Attendance

Dear NOUN Students,

We want to provide clarity regarding practical courses that do not include Tutor-Marked Assignments (TMAs). This specifically applies to courses such as BIO191, BIO192, CIT104, PHY191, PHY192, CIT191, and others.

Mandatory Practical Attendance: NOUN has implemented a mandatory attendance policy for students enrolled in practical courses. It is imperative that all students participating in these practical courses attend and actively engage in the practical exercises.

Consequences of Non-Attendance: Failure to attend the practical sessions will result in a significant loss of 30 marks from your overall assessment. This is a substantial deduction that can greatly affect your final grades.

Impact on Exam Results: Please be aware that if you do not attend the practicals and incur a loss of 30 marks, your exam score may become inconsequential. Your exam result will be marked as “NO TMA (NT).”

Practicals Commencement: The Faculty of Sciences for the 2023_2 session will conduct hands-on practical sessions. These practicals are scheduled to take place from September 25, 2023, to October 21, 2023.

Designated Study Centers: Practicals will be held at designated study centers across different regions of Nigeria, including:

🔅North East: Bauchi and Yola
🔅North West: Kano and Sokoto
🔅North Central: Abuja and Makurdi
🔅South East: Owerri and Enugu
🔅South-South: Benin and Uyo
🔅South West: Abeokuta, Lagos, and Osogbo

Compulsory Participation: We strongly emphasize that participation in these practical exercises is compulsory. The scores you earn during these sessions will contribute to your overall assessment as a student.

We urge all students registered for practical courses this semester to make necessary arrangements and attend the practicals at the designated centers nearest to them.

Your commitment to attending and actively participating in these practical sessions will play a pivotal role in your academic progress.

Thank you for your attention to this important matter.

Best Regards

Pls is noun admission still on
Or I have to make ait till January for Jan intake ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 11:51am On Sep 22, 2023
Greenarrow01:
Pls guys is now admission still on
100 level

Yes, admission is still ON
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Greenarrow01(m): 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2023
Enskynelson:

Yes, admission is still ON
Pls when will it close ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 4:06pm On Sep 22, 2023
Greenarrow01:

Pls when will it close ?
17th October is when Registration will close for the semester. If you cannot meet up, you will have to plan ahead for January 2024.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Justnice11: 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
Enskynelson:

17th October is when Registration will close for the semester. If you cannot meet up, you will have to plan ahead for January 2024.

Hello sir.

Please, I'm planning on applying for Masters in Theology. But on Noun website, here are some of the requirements:

"Admission Requirements
i. First degree in Christian Religious Studies from any university/seminary recognized by the Senate of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN); or.

ii. A Bachelor degree in the area not related to the field of Theology or Religious Studies, but also with postgraduate Diploma in Theology or Religious Studies; and"

The thing is, I have a bachelor degree in another arts course, and I was thinking I could use it straightforward. Is there something else that can be done,?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2023
Justnice11:

Hello sir.

Please, I'm planning on applying for Masters in Theology. But on Noun website, here are some of the requirements:

"Admission Requirements
i. First degree in Christian Religious Studies from any university/seminary recognized by the Senate of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN); or.

ii. A Bachelor degree in the area not related to the field of Theology or Religious Studies, but also with postgraduate Diploma in Theology or Religious Studies; and"

The thing is, I have a bachelor degree in another arts course, and I was thinking I could use it straightforward. Is there something else that can be done,?
For this, your best bet is to visit the particular Study Centre you want to be operating from. This is because, they are final in whatever consideration that will be given to you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by heavenisreal18: 8:50pm On Sep 22, 2023
Pls do I need to get admission before I can get transcript,
Also am I to get the transcript by hand or It would be forwarded to the NOUN themselves

I don't know if I can still meet up for the exams by Oct. Pls help
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2023
heavenisreal18:
Pls do I need to get admission before I can get transcript,
Also am I to get the transcript by hand or It would be forwarded to the NOUN themselves

I don't know if I can still meet up for the exams by Oct. Pls help

You need admission before applying for transcripts. Your alma mater is to deliver the transcripts directly to NOUN. NOUN does not have to receive the transcripts before you meet up. They will require an evidence of your transcripts application to get you verified.
Check very well if you can meet up with the current timeline.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Monaboo(m): 1:05am On Sep 23, 2023
Enskynelson:

NTI's PGD. Education is in affiliation with NOUN. The certificate will be from NOUN. The only majore difference is the fact that you will have physical classes instead of the virtual classes in NOUN.

Thank you for your answers.

You are far too kind.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 3:50am On Sep 23, 2023
TMA UPDATE!!!

TMA 3 is now accessible. ALL TMA's are now actively open for submission.

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by livinsoul: 6:31am On Sep 23, 2023
Still waiting for your help on this;

livinsoul:
Hello sirs/mas.
Is CIT 104 one of the core courses for BA(Ed) Primary Education in NOUN?
Asking for an acquaintance in 100L, 2nd Semester.
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2023
livinsoul:
Still waiting for your help on this;

This question can easily be confirmed by the student. It's just to check the registrable courses for the semester and check the status of the course. E = Elective, C = Core (Compulsory).

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikedu(m): 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
[quote author=Mikedu post=124623179]Get help on:

▶️ Admission Assistance/Enquiry...
▶️ project Topics/writing
▶️ TMA assistance
▶️ Past Questions

▶️ Transcript services

▶️ project Topics, Materials & Writeup
* For assistance on historical matters
* For analysis on current affairs
* For articles on current affairs and historical matters.
* Proficiency letters
* Reference letters
* certificate

Kindly call or contact us via WhatsApp with this number: 07058666109..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yahyus(m): 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
Hello good people of this house,
Please I have a B.Sc International Studies (2:1) but I want to apply for M.Sc Criminology and Security Studies. Can Noun give me the admission considering my first degree is in the same faculty and my career is security related?

Thank you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2023
yahyus:
Hello good people of this house,
Please I have a B.Sc International Studies (2:1) but I want to apply for M.Sc Criminology and Security Studies. Can Noun give me the admission considering my first degree is in the same faculty and my career is security related?

Thank you.
See the First Degree acceptable for the programme.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yahyus(m): 11:20am On Sep 24, 2023
Enskynelson:

See the First Degree acceptable for the programme.

Thank you very much.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2023
Update: Science Practical for 2023_2

The Science practical will be coming up from 3rd to 31st October, 2023.
Requirements:
1.Registration to the courses
2. Lab-coat.
3. Time to participate

The practical makes up the 30% of your assessments. It stands to replace the tma on the affected courses.

Is not what you will sweep under the carpet.

Is compulsory to attend.

Thank you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2023
NORTH CENTRAL - GST302 TIMETABLE FOR OCTOBER 2023_2 BUSINESS PLAN PRESENTATION

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
NORTH-WEST - GST302 TIMETABLE FOR SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2023_2 BUSINESS PLAN PRESENTATION

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
SOUTH-EAST - GST302 TIMETABLE FOR SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2023_2 BUSINESS PLAN PRESENTATION

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:12pm On Sep 24, 2023
South West incubation centre

GST 302 Schedule for Presentation and Defence

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1540) (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) (1546) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Avast(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.