Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,002 members, 7,845,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! - Family (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (112713 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by sheniqua: 5:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ndewonu ma people
How far?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by sheniqua: 5:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
jennykadry:

I started that thread and I had my reasons cool

Feel free to go through that thread. I was in Nigeria a few months ago and met someone who told me how they have houses in America and Canada and travel like pure water. They can afford to send their kids to any part of the world for studies and how their children already own their own cars and drivers. These children BTW are below 7 undecided . Only for me to find out that it was all a lie...how did I find out? the person who introduced me to them was embarassed that day and had to say something when we left.

Now whatever is happening on this thread, I don't know. My post here is simply based on that thread I started weeks ago

I need to go read that thread then
Longest time btw
Did I hear that you are with child?
Congrats o
Good to know that my brother dey gbim gbim
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
jennykadry: I think my being absent alot is making me miss out on so many things..how could I have missed out on all that has happened? shocked

Seriously though, y'all should take a deep breath and chillax...and I know I know I know @Ile will wonder how I became a peace maker over night...well I decided to repent and take things slow and easy .....NOT. I got surprised over the weekend so I still dey in a happy mood cheesy . If it wears out, una go hiaaa whennnnnn

Happy mood eh? Good job oga JK! grin

#kpekusing tins.

Lol @ guns for all, Sisi! Enough 'accidental discharge'!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
Just testing my video posting skills grin
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
Lol... You tried.

Chillisauce: Just testing my video posting skills grin

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Tgirl4real(f): 9:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
Chillisauce: Just testing my video posting skills grin

ermmm...Sir/Ma,

this is not a general chat thread. D video testing could have been ok on such.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Tgirl4real:

ermmm...Sir/Ma,

this is not a general chat thread. D video testing could have been ok on such.

Don't worry, will be uploading some videos soon that's in accordance with the thread.
Be patient.

Even in seminars, there is break time. smiley

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
I am not pregnant people. How many times will I say it ni? angry cheesy

@sisi

Longest time kiss

@sheniqua

Osisi, them ban you? cheesy
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
ileobatojo:

Happy mood eh? Good job oga JK! grin

#kpekusing Tins

What is kpekus? cheesy cheesy 69 babe grin
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by passionate88: 11:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
jennykadry: I am not pregnant people. How many times will I say it ni? angry cheesy

@sisi

Longest time kiss

@sheniqua

My mama tell me say e get sm women wey no dey like to gree say dm dn swallow beans water untill dm belle dn rise like bread wey dm pt yeast b4 dm go accept. Na so u wan do?. grin
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by LaShawn: 12:37am On Oct 17, 2013
I'm happy the thread is back on course. I would peep in here and wonder how the thread could be of any more use with all the massive derailment.
This is a topic that is close to my heart, a sickness afflicting a great percentage of our men and women.

I'm glad Kenyatta got help through this medium. I'm glad Ure and Swag are getting on their feet too. Hopefully, more women (and men) who have chosen to remain anonymous will also seek help.

For me, my ex has once again contacted me via facebook. I left the request as it is, neither accepting, nor declining as part of my resolve to TOTALLY ignore him without betraying ANY emotion.
I was tempted to send a fiery message through the same medium asking him to f^ck off and NEVER contact me again. But I resolved to let my silence do the speaking, like it had done for the past two years.
Hmn. It is well. Even in the well....

8 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 17, 2013
jennykadry:

What is kpekus? cheesy cheesy 69 babe grin

JENNY, u mind getting a pm from moi
Travel tinz, pls! TenQ! cool
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 17, 2013
passionate88: My mama tell me say e get sm women wey no dey like to gree say dm dn swallow beans water untill dm belle dn rise like bread wey dm pt yeast b4 dm go accept. Na so u wan do?. grin

Una go wait tire. cheesy

alutacontinua:

JENNY, u mind getting a pm from moi
Travel tinz, pls! TenQ! cool

Okay....
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by LaShawn: 1:00am On Oct 17, 2013
@Kenyatta
Moving on is not easy. For me, I went online and read alot about abuse. I read and read and read.
It kept me strong through nights of 38 missed calls from him and other manipulations to get me back.

I also saved his derogatory texts and recorded some abusive calls. The mind has the tendency to repress such painful memories and so I had evidence of the EXACT way things were with him. It helped me on those days when that silly thought of "but were things so bad, was he really that bad?" runs through my mind. All I had to do was go to my phone to see that, ah! My suffering with him no get part 2. Infact, I found it extremely hard and painful reading them. But my resolve would be stronger.
Now, I don't have the texts anymore though. Deleted them all.

Just look for your own way to heal.
A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step. You have literally flown hundreds of miles away from the guy. Now take the next step.
And know I'm here whenever you need to talk, to vent, to cry. Or even to sit with you in silence.

7 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by sheniqua: 3:56am On Oct 17, 2013
jennykadry: I am not pregnant people. How many times will I say it ni? angry cheesy

@sisi

Longest time kiss

@sheniqua

Nne after the Biafran war ,they sent me on exile
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Merkki(f): 7:46am On Oct 17, 2013
Wow! 3 days, 100 pages. At last! I feel dizzy already. More, please.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by AyeeIdris(f): 8:47am On Oct 17, 2013
Last week, a friend confided in me that her husband was hitting her. I directed her to this page hoping she can get some info/relief or guidance. She just got back to me saying that "abuse" on the page isn't what she had in mind. I didn't get her until I read all the pages. If every victim of abuse is going to be this scrutinized,doubted and judged, there is no way anyone is going to participate. A new thread has to be created. One clean of all tthe side talks, insults and judgmental people and one that won't be on the front page. IMO

4 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 17, 2013
I don't even know how to direct my cousin who is abuse to this thread with all the insults abs abuse going on hear. I really wish she can come in read this because I don't really know how to help her again. The hubby hit her again on Sunday, slapped her on both sides of her face. Now she can't face the sun and she can't bite anything with the jaw. I spoke with her this morning and she doesn't even want to discuss with the mum. She traveled for a program at home. Told her to use this opportunity to discuss with the mum, but she refuse saying the mum will start thinking. I don't know how to help her again. First, I counsel that since the man has a bad temper she should learn to ignore when he starts ranting but she wouldn't hear. To me if she response, the man will use the opportunity to say she is disrespectful and hit her. For now, she isn't working and I wouldn't know whether she likes being at home. Though she is learning a skill now after 7 years of being tormented in that marriage. I really feel for her because if I were to be in her shoes, I sure know I wouldn't be able to take that kind of abuse.

@all let's come in and offer help to her. I will relay every advice to her.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Merkki(f): 10:50am On Oct 17, 2013
Shame on all the fighters on this thread. Big shame!

4 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 17, 2013
Icherishu: I don't even know how to direct my cousin who is abuse to this thread with all the insults abs abuse going on hear. I really wish she can come in read this because I don't really know how to help her again. The hubby hit her again on Sunday, slapped her on both sides of her face. Now she can't face the sun and she can't bite anything with the jaw. I spoke with her this morning and she doesn't even want to discuss with the mum. She traveled for a program at home. Told her to use this opportunity to discuss with the mum, but she refuse saying the mum will start thinking. I don't know how to help her again. First, I counsel that since the man has a bad temper she should learn to ignore when he starts ranting but she wouldn't hear. To me if she response, the man will use the opportunity to say she is disrespectful and hit her. For now, she isn't working and I wouldn't know whether she likes being at home. Though she is learning a skill now after 7 years of being tormented in that marriage. I really feel for her because if I were to be in her shoes, I sure know I wouldn't be able to take that kind of abuse.

@all let's come in and offer help to her. I will relay every advice to her.

I think it's better if she comes in here herself!
I cannot assure u dt pple wld not pounce on her, but I can assure u dt some pple are willing to help!
Just prepare her mind dt stuffs happen on here but she shld focus on d good part. Dats all!

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by swagqueen(f): 11:07am On Oct 17, 2013
alutacontinua:

I think it's better if she comes in here herself!
I cannot assure u dt pple wld not pounce on her, but I can assure u dt some pple are willing to help!
Just prepare her mind dt stuffs happen on here but she shld focus on d good part. Dats all!

Seconded! There's hardly any thread that you won't experience fights. The thread has been cleaned. She should come in as a neutral person,read and take the advise that best suits her and apply it.

She doesn't have to tell her story. Everything that needs to be said has been said. But encourage her more to confide in her mom. These abusers take more advantage of you if they know that you don't confide in anyone.

Make she no come be one of those sad cases because of e-fights o.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
@swag queen, what's up with you.

I had a friend who finished her law school and was without job for quiet some months. She decided to do free work for barristers( like an industrial training) even though she has her degree. Going to court etc. after three months she got an offer from one of law firm.

If you haven't gotten anything yet but promises, I suggest you try and get a place you will serve even if for free, at the end you build your experience, zeal and get more contacts that would help you in future.

I may be wrong, but it's better you start building up instead of waiting at home, hoping for promises. smiley
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Tgirl4real(f): 12:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
Good day peeps,

I need u people to put the energy you use in fighting here cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/1481634/suggest-topics-upcoming-family-section
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
Working free has been a very powerful tool to get job offers but not many people realise it.

Chillisauce: @swag queen, what's up with you.

I had a friend who finished her law school and was without job for quiet some months. She decided to do free work for barristers( like an industrial training) even though she has her degree. Going to court etc. after three months she got an offer from one of law firm.

If you haven't gotten anything yet but promises, I suggest you try and get a place you will serve even if for free, at the end you build your experience, zeal and get more contacts that would help you in future.

I may be wrong, but it's better you start building up instead of waiting at home, hoping for promises. smiley
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
2s£xy:
Working free has been a very powerful tool to get job offers but not many people realise it.

Especially in Nigeria where jobs are limited. Working free increases your chance to build your CV, gain experience and most times if you are dedicated,the company tends to consider and give you an offer.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Cathaliya: 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
there is no place without hurdles or fight o....the most important thing is disagree to gree...kapish!

Even couples have such fights sometimes. So whoever that comes in here and get discouraged by sidetalks, instead of seiving the different posts given, is not really having a hard time with the problem yet. Because if its actually disturbing the person, e go learn how to use im head for forums like this and others.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by swagqueen(f): 12:56pm On Oct 17, 2013
Chillisauce: @swag queen, what's up with you.

Great idea. Will look for a law firm around here.

Thanks and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Merkki(f): 12:56pm On Oct 17, 2013
Cathaliya: there is no place without hurdles or fight o....the most important thing is disagree to gree...kapish!

Even couples have such fights sometimes. So whoever that comes in here and get discouraged by sidetalks, instead of seiving the different posts given, is not really having a hard time with the problem yet. Because if its actually disturbing the person, e go learn how to use im head for forums like this and others.

Not everybody has mental and inner shield. That is why some commit suicide over hurtful words. Be careful what you say to others. The fact that you are strong enough to withstand e-fights doesn't mean others can do the same. People are different. Live and let live.

Peace.

3 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Cathaliya: 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
Merkki:

Not everybody has mental and inner shield. That is why some commit suicide over hurtful words. Be careful what you say to others. The fact that you are strong enough to withstand e-fights doesn't mean others can do the same. People are different. Live and let live.

Peace.
I understand my dear, thats why I always tell some people to soften their way of relaying their messages sometimes, but they wont listen.....well, I dont blame them though.

Now, for those who think they cant refer their friends/relatives to this forum cus a little disagreement or hard words, you can help them seive and relay the advice/questions then.

All na help...and thats if you think this forum can help.

Thank God I get immunity over any harsh condition..... It is well, even in the well.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
Lol @ immunity.

Let them pour their hearts and choose the advise that will work for them. It worse bottling them up in your heart.

Don't worry, some that are here raining insults might be a chicken real life. No be nairaland again.
Where everyone Is a Lion grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (111) (Reply)

My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Husband Caught His Cheating Wife, Snapped And Framed The Picture / Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.