Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,764 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? (40472 Views)

What Was The Cause Of Your Breakup? / What Was The Reason Behind Your Breakup? / Surviving Your Breakup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Cathaliya: 5:36am On Sep 20, 2013
Mine happened just 2 days ago...
At least when the break up occurs, the chief breaker will encourage the breakee with some words like, ''dont worry, its gonna be alright'' and all that.
But in my case, this culprit just went to sleep...shocked....in the middle of the breakup sef..

Jesus, who does that?

Anyways, have sulked on it and have bounced back.

MORAL LESSON:
Whenever you tell a guy that you love him, and he replies with, ''I like you because you write deep''....hmm, hmmm, hmmm, run faster than(wetin be that im name sef), ehe, Usalaka Bolt...

grin

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 20, 2013
zeb04: Jst read so many touching stories.y'all shld b careful wit wat u do 2 pple's hrt. Used 2 ve one roomate bck in uni dis babe was always layin curses on d men who dump her arnd midnite she wil go outside nakd 2 pray nd curse,I dnt unstnd oh bt everyone nids 2 b careful anyway jst sayin tho
Very true,i once saw a gal that was hrt broken. She dug a hole and was saying sometins in her local dialect while crying,she channeled the tears drop to the whole,spat inside and buried it with a knife. I dont knw if those tins work o,but i was scared for the said bf.
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 20, 2013
i led the break up, but na my hrt brk pass. He was dis perfect guy that never wanted to be seen as the bad guy. So even though he was tired,he couldnt say it. I helped him do the breaking up so he can maintain the perfect bf he has always wantd to be. He didnt contest,he jst said ' okay by me,if that is wat you want'.
He keeps telling people i left him for a richer dude,i jst laugh cos we both knw what truely happened.
I cried shaa, but i love my freedom too bad,can't think of commitment again,its scary,especially when u give so much and get so little in return.

2 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by zuchyblink(m): 6:04am On Sep 20, 2013
if u make a woman believe that she has conquered u,or she has gotten u totally,her love 4 u will start reducing

5 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by zuchyblink(m): 6:06am On Sep 20, 2013
chidyhels: i led the break up, but na my hrt brk pass. He was dis perfect guy that never wanted to be seen as the bad guy. So even though he was tired,he couldnt say it. I helped him do the breaking up so he can maintain the perfect bf he has always wantd to be. He didnt contest,he jst said ' okay by me,if that is wat you want'.
He keeps telling people i left him for a richer dude,i jst laugh cos we both knw what truely happened.
I cried shaa, but i love my freedom too bad,can't think of commitment again,its scary,especially when u give so much and get so little in return.
u were actually looking for a bad boy.women hate it when u look perfect
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by vetisrael(m): 6:10am On Sep 20, 2013
Lots of hrtbreak stories though.
Listening to Celine dions *love will find me again*
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Youngpo413: 6:49am On Sep 20, 2013
Mayflowa:

Why hurt just so you got back on her? Some people needs second chance and would neer make same mistake because they are wiser for it

second chance for what?second chance with someone that dumped you?smh
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by n9jaboy: 7:14am On Sep 20, 2013
Heart Breaks are difficult to be forgotten; no matter how hard one tries.....we broke up 16 years ago, she is married with 2 kids(girls) and i am married with 2 kids(a boy and a girl) but there is still a little bit of something her in everything in me, peeping at her facebook pictures..wish there is a tablet that once taken can wipe out the memories. first cut is usually the deepest.

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by carzola(m): 7:16am On Sep 20, 2013
Please is it too late to book a space while i go and prepare for end time..
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by GSKing: 7:26am On Sep 20, 2013
Young po413: exactly my thought.
yes, 14 years indeed
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 20, 2013
there was a time when i used to be the one doing the break ups,i just didn't care,when they cried i didn't comfort them even when they threatened to commit suicide ,i was having fun until i fell in love it didn't work out ,and i had to call it off, its been over 4 weeks and i still haven't over over him.
i got what i deserve and i've learnt my lessons, next time i won't play with other peoples heart. karma is not a joke.
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by genevet: 8:29am On Sep 20, 2013
tosingcfr:
please, I'm confused . Were you schooling and at the same time working then Thanks

dats d obvious question
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Coldfaya(m): 8:29am On Sep 20, 2013
elyna: there was a time when i used to be the one doing the break ups,i just didn't care,when they cried i didn't comfort them even when they threatened to commit suicide ,i was having fun until i fell in love it didn't work out ,and i had to call it off, its been over 4 weeks and i still haven't over over him.
i got what i deserve and i've learnt my lessons, next time i won't play with other peoples heart. karma is not a joke.

Yea karma is such a bi*atch.
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by MissOpe(f): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2013
In my own case, he was my first love, everything went well until distance became a pLAQUE TO OUR RELATIONSHIP ..........................couldnt get over him for a long time that even when i was in a relationship i couldnt still get over him..........................however he pASSED ON 3 YEARS AGO.
BUT THANK GOD I FOUND LOVE AGAIN.....NOTHING COMPARES TO HIM...NOTHING COMPARES TO YOU (ADESINA MAYOWA).............I LOVE U AND WILL LOVE U IN THE NEXT WORLD TO COME.

2 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2013
[b]I found it really hard to do. It was the first and only time I have ever had to break-up with a person. Normally, they usually do the breaking up.
She didnt cheat on me, nor do anything bad to me. If anything, I can almost say with 100% certainty that she truly loved me.
The gods bear me witness when I say I was head over heels in love with her. So much so I wanted more. Yes More! And that was the problem.
I wanted her to advance herself. I was ready to pay and she knew it. I begged and pushed. All my efforts were wasted. She didnt even try.
So I let her go.

Her tears.. Her tears. I still remember holding her close to my chest in a consoling embrace as she wept her heart out.
I remember how hard it was for me to fight back the urge to recind my decision.
I didnt want to, but I had to. It hurt me just as bad as it hurt her. It truly did.
I still checked in on her from time to time to see how she was doing. Though I did this secretly as she didnt want to see or talk to me.
The saddest part is that after we broke up, she actually went ahead to do that which I had been begging her to do to no avail.
I'm glad to see that she has actually advanced herself since then. She still looks as beautiful as she always did. Sadly, its too late to turn back the hands of time. I wish her the very best in life and pray that she someday understands that it wasnt because I wasnt in love with her..
It was just because I didnt see her working towards a future with me..

#I'm sorry Evelyn.. I truly am.[/b]
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Jbluv55(m): 8:57am On Sep 20, 2013
temiosunrinde: He sed he went to pray and the pastor sed we r not compatible! In 21st century.

Very painful @ first, we were both crying, he was always tryn to call buh I dnt pick up cos I believe he was feeling guilty.

am sooo glad am over mumsy's boy. He's mum wud call him once its 7.pm @ 28 and be yelling @him that its late blah blah and he's working ooo. (God knows I can't av a happy marriage with a mumsy's boy)
Thank God av mooooved on, infact he could tell the last time he saw me.

Like did anything ever happen btwn us

Am stronger nau!! Anything that doesn't kill u makes u stronger!!! Am stronger!!!

Seriously Is this actually YOUR story(or a COPY&PASTE)? Or R U GAY? Coz ur talking abt a He & U seem to be a He too(or where did you get d m thang from?........Am totally confused.

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by ceaser: 9:22am On Sep 20, 2013
caesare: my baby and i broke up last week after 3 yrs together.....she said the relationship had no future and we should give other people a chance in our lives, she was my best friend and we were always there for each other. Even though i was older by a mth she was never disrespectful, she said she wants me to move with my life since i would be graduating this year,but that we should remain best friends and it has been hard for me to letgo.Being with her just made life perfect. she still calls me everyday but i have never called her back since we broke up. i just want to focus on myself right now and develop myself.Promised myself that she would be the last woman in my life as a single guy. on remaining friends with her i dont know if i can do that, guess time will tell
Well, it's obvious she wants to avoid the guilt conscience and that's why she wants a "break" for now. Truth is, you both are about graduating and the issue with ladies in such stage is their penchant to sow their royal oats - starts from few months before graduation, thru NYSC year up until few years after. During this time, they go haywire and up for grabs for every guy (not necessarily suitors). She's doing this cos she believe there's someone better than you out there which of course is true. But in most instance, this same mindset keeps 'em away from better men out there which is why your girl wants to be smart about it - keep you at bay while scouting for a better offer and since you two still communicate (notice that she emphasized getting in touch), she can easily run back to you (the spare) when the odds begin to turn against her.

I'd advice you cease further communication with her and focus on your life and your future. You know why? Because focusing on her means getting fixated on her (a pipe dream) while missing out on other better ones that pass you by.

When someone treats your like an option, help them narrow down their choices by removing yourself from the equation. It's that simple. Three ladies had held me to ransom in a row using this tactic. They came running back within 1 to 2yrs only to be disappointed. I applied that strategy and now I'm blessed with a wonderful soulmate. Meanwhile, of the three ladies, one just got married 3 months ago while the remaining two are in their 30s and still searching. I wish 'em the best though.

By the way, I can't help but notice your moniker alliterates with mine.

mysticgal: i don't think i ever cried or regretted,but all of a sudden love turned to hate
Believe it or not, there's a thin line between LOVE and HATE. You just have to control your temper and your feelings.

temiosunrinde(m):
He sed he went to pray and the pastor sed we r not compatible! In 21st century.

Very painful @ first, we were both crying, he was always tryn to call buh I dnt pick up cos I believe he was feeling guilty.

am sooo glad am over mumsy's boy. His mum wud call him once its 7.pm @ 28 and be yelling @him that its late blah blah and he's working ooo. (God knows I can't av a happy marriage with a mumsy's boy)
Thank God av mooooved on, infact he could tell the last time he saw me.

Like did anything ever happen btwn us

Am stronger nau!! Anything that doesn't kill u makes u stronger!!! Am stronger!!!

oluamid:

Sorry, are you gay?

That said, I don't think you've gotten over "mummy's boy" going by the strong words you used in describing him.

Lol. Gay alert!!!

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Switcommy(f): 9:41am On Sep 20, 2013
Waow.........wen me n ma ex broke up,,,,it wasnt really easy cuz i cried all nite,,wishing he cud cum bk 2 his real self......bt he choosed we cud be jst friends..bt shall anyway am over him..........bcuz i am in luv wt sum1 else who is so caring,,kind nd loving....who has evrytin u cn think of money,,,anytin u wnt 2 tnk of rather dan ma ex who is jst 2 broke.....bt anoda problem is dat,he will soon b leaving d country by november bt anyhw,,i trust him so much nd by next yr,,i will be joining him...i jst luv him so much..i jst realized dat good tins fall apart 4 best tins 2 fall 2geda...
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by write2obi(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2013
Midastorch: It happened in 2010,went to do my IT in Lagos so I had to stay with my grandpa in Mafoluku,...the First tym I Saw this girl,I was lyk this is the girl,tho I used to have another girl I met via glo chat(don't know if it still exists)..went straight to her and introduced myself we got talking and we became kinda close buh not "DATING"....as the friendship grows the love begins to wax stronger by the day,I knew it but she was still forming she had a boyfriend...lyk 6 months later her younger brother celebrated his birthday and her very close cousin came around...the first thing she did was to introduce me to her cousin so we all got talking,,,,there's another girl on the street. Who likes me buh I' wasjust with on a platonic level .she got to see us together one day just talking (It was ramadam period)and she just went insyd and began to cry..it was the cousin that later called me that "Sheri is crying that she thinks she loves me..so I called her and she said Yes........that was 24th august 2010..we got dating and it was so awesome that the only place we don't go together is when she wants to go to toilet and bathroom......even her mum got fond of me buh she refused to tell her what was btw us..I go t bank for her and withdraw money with her ATM card...her family is just an awesome one. Wn she got admissio to FEDPOFFA,which is not far frm where my mumci stays,so I took her home and my mum fell in love with her immediately...tho she was not too ok with the religion cos she's a muslim...and I was ready to fight with my last blood....November last year,I went for NYSC and wn I came home she said she told her mum abt her bf and that he's a christian,According to her,the mumcie got angry with her and she's noh ready to disobey her parent to leave me..she actually told me on phone,went to her school maybe she'll change her mind,she just remained adamant... I cried my eyes out. That day...still have not been able to love again,the last one I had didn't last 3 months....
*long yawn* ok
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 20, 2013
Nah, I don't break up with gals, I leave them in styl whenever I see a better offer, bt the truth is that I have never allowed myself 2 fall in luv, jst playin around wit chics, nt my fault tho, mayb d kind of pple dt influenced my lyf turning me into a dazzler.....bt the day wey luv go catch me, e no go easy ooo
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Acecube(m): 10:07am On Sep 20, 2013
I'm yet to see someone here say.. I cheated,... i saw a guy with more money than he has... she was too kind hearted and i was just a player... she stood by me during hard times but later level change... E.t.c

So y'all want to tell me that.. None of the above individuals exist on nairaland ? angry

Seun better change the name to saintland then.. Bunch of hypocrites undecided

2 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by write2obi(m): 10:16am On Sep 20, 2013
I've dated n broke up with many, but it has not being a big deal to me, Thou my first love ij, we started off as Childhood friend, we went to same school both primary n secondary, asked her out Via a love note in JSS3(2004), she said yes Via a note also, no need telling you about our first kiss n S** lol, we embarrassed our self, we had something magical, I've never felt that way for any Girl since then, we didn't really broke up, we moved on, thou we still get 2geda talk about how owful our present partner is n end up f**king.

3 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by write2obi(m): 10:19am On Sep 20, 2013
Acecube: I'm yet to see someone here say.. I cheated,... i saw a guy with more money than he has... she was too kind hearted and i was just a player... she stood by me during hard times but later level change... E.t.c

So y'all want to tell me that.. None of the above individuals exist on nairaland ? angry

Seun better change the name to saintland then.. Bunch of hypocrites undecided
See what illiteracy is doing to ya life, the topic says "Your Brake Up Experience With Someone You Really Loved".

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Pluslargent(m): 10:37am On Sep 20, 2013
Its funny how the poster seemed to ask a question to which a whole lot of people were holding pent up emotions bout,
Also strange,against popular opinion its like more guys av lost out in love then the babes.
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Acecube(m): 10:44am On Sep 20, 2013
write2obi:
See what illiteracy is doing to ya life, the topic said "Your Brake Up Experience With Someone You Really Loved".
yeah brake, and you call someone an illiterate

Why was there a break up ?...isn't it obvious something wrong happened. Which may be several things as i opined above.. So think before you talk else you check your words later and discover them to be full of sh*ts
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by adim2(m): 11:39am On Sep 20, 2013
Let me subscribe to this page and wait till i share my own experience
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Glocee(f): 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
My one n only ex was n is still a good guy but genotype ish didn't let us take it to d next level .
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by ceaser: 1:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
Plus largent: Its funny how the poster seemed to ask a question to which a whole lot of people were holding pent up emotions bout,
Also strange,against popular opinion its like more guys av lost out in love then the babes.

Researched fact - Males feel the pain of heartbbreak more than females.

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by raystanley(m): 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
Mine is today.... I left her cause she is a serial pregnancy conceived girl... Virtually every month she is pregnant and she probably gets it most from outside... I either get called to send money for termination by her mother or I take her for termination or use ati -pregnancy or contraceptive pills on at end of every months... This is happens despite my precaution methods practised and observation taking before, and after each sex... I even went to the lenght of mapping out her periodic ovulation calender to avoid re- occurrence and yet all proved aborted. Am so sick and tired of this... I use to touch her few days she ends her menstruation which is within two weeks... And leave the other two weeks for her to take care of herself against her up coming ovulation...I made my findings and discovered she is so loose to men... she is so ease to get into sex with.... A little touches triggers her into sex... And she is always going to her private computer lesson in her tutor's house which has no time table could take her on or postponed her lessons so I see that as another peep hole ..
She is kind of addicted to sex but controls it a little... I end up spending whole lots of my time on her pregnancy issues...and have less time to think about my self and have no time to go about and solve my problems....
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by OgBetty(f): 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Mine wz 2 painful.I fell in luv wit dz guy in 2010. We were so much in luv, he wz lyk a frnd, bruh, fada n hubby 2 me. @ a point he strtd tkin calz 4rm 1 gurl called Chioma, wen I asked him he wud tel me d gurl wz his course mate. I decided 2 go 2 his ouse 1 nyt, he wasn't @ home. I had 2 go check him up @ a joint wia we used 2 go 2geda, lol n behold he wz dia wit d Chioma. I left wit anger buh he came 2 ma hostel d nxt mornin 2 beg dt he dint av anytin wit d gurl. I belivd him n we continued. Wen I travelled home 4 Easter break everytin changed. He wud nt tk or return calz. I got bk 2 sch wit@ his knowledge n had 2 visit him, dia he wz wit d same gal, I cried all tru d nyt. I stpd calin him n he also did d same 4 2wks. I had 2 cal wen I wz misin him lyk crazy! He promise 2 kom 2 ma hostel n xplain tinz 2 me, I tot he wz komin 2 beg me, buh he came 2 tel me twas ova,I almost died. D most painful part wz dt, he told me dt he luvs d gurl more dan he eva luvd me, n d gurl called 2 tel me dt d guy told her we were jx frnds, wen I asked d guy wat he told d gurl, he said he told her I wz his helper. Itz up 2 4mnths nw since we brkup. Dt experience has taught me 2 play d game of luv wit ma HEAD n nt wit ma HEART
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Emaprince: 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ada Nri1: Ladies should run away from men who are in their lives but are not "there". You're always calling him, if you call 5x he calls once. Most of the time you're calling his line is busy yet he won't return your call after some time. He never says "I love you" he never asks "how are you" he always wants favours, s£x and more s£x. When he thinks you're moving on without him he declares so much love but will never follow it up with action. You can't look at anybody else when you see him. There is so much laughter on your eyes because he is there, but he can barely look at you. You better run my ladies, run!!! It's very toxic.
shattap! ladies tend to treat a main unfairly when he is excessively good and gentle..i don't know why they love to go out with wicked guys and still end up complaing.

i think good guys suffer the most heart breaks

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Pre-wedding Photoshoot / My Boyfriend Sent Me Packing After Infecting Me With HIV; Pregnant 19yrs Teen / Military Pre-Wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.