Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,919 members, 7,844,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? (40470 Views)

What Was The Cause Of Your Breakup? / What Was The Reason Behind Your Breakup? / Surviving Your Breakup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by jamesbridget13(f): 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
A thread 2 follow. Love ur comments

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Dee235: 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
Breakups are painful experiences because your expectations are not meant, but just look away from it and move on.
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by VICMIK: 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2013
I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS YOUNGER LADY THAT I MET AS A VIRGIN IN MY FINAL YEAR.I GOT A JOB AFTER MY YOUTH SERVICE.I DECIDED TO REKINDLE THE LOVE BTW US(DESPITE THE FACT THAT SHE HAS BEEN DEFLOWERED,BY ANOTHER GUY THAT JILTED HER).IN FACT, I CONTRIBUTED IMMENSELY FINANCIALLY IN MAKING SURE SHE GRADUATED COS OF HER POOR FINANCIAL BACKGROUND.I STARTED TO NOTICE CHANGE IN HER BEHAVIOR WHEN SHE WENT FOR HER YOUTH SERVICE DESPITE THE FACT THAT I HAVE MET HER MOTHER(COS THE FACT IS LATE) AND EVEN TOLD HER TO FIX DATE FOR THE MARRIAGE INTRODUCTION.IN CONCLUSION,SHE TOLD ME POINT BLACK THAT SHE IS NO LONGER INTERESTED.I TRIED CONVINCING HER BUT SHE WAS ADAMANT AND MY FINDINGS REVEALED THAT SHE WAS SEEING ANOTHER MAN.HER MOTHER AND SIBLINGS PERSUADED HER TO HAVE A RE-THINK ALL TO NO AVAIL.IT HURTS ME SO MUCH BUT I WAS BRAVE AND COURAGEOUS ENOUGH TO OVER COME IT COS I HAVE FRIENDS THAT WERE THERE FOR ME.I MOVED ON WITH MY LIFE.WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF THE BREAK UP,I FELL IN LOVE AND MARRIED MY WIFE AND TODAY WE ARE BLESSED WITH THREE WONDERFUL KIDS.THIS LATER IS NOT YET MARRY AND I GUESS SHE IS 29-30 YRS OLD NOW AND NOT YET MARRIED.
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Cathaliya: 2:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
All these "fell inlove and married my wife and the ex still remain unmarried" people, what are you trying to say nah?

4 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by pasqal09: 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
Cathaliya: All these "fell inlove and married my wife and the ex still remain unmarried" people, what are you trying to say nah?

What goes around comes around
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Cathaliya: 3:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
pasqal09:

What goes around comes around
you should be happy you didnt marry the wrong person nah and not spiting them....

5 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Damayor12(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
Cathaliya: All these "fell inlove and married my wife and the ex still remain unmarried" people, what are you trying to say nah?

You Jilted someone shey? You know the drill don't you? grin

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by KingsleyJay(m): 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
Mayflowa:

Why hurt just so you got back on her? Some people needs second chance and would neer make same mistake because they are wiser for it
I would go back if I cud wipe out d pain, buh unfortunately I can't

I hail those that complain of heartbreaks often

Once is enof 4me........can neva giv that much of my heart anymore untill I put a ring on that finger

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Cathaliya: 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
Damayor12:
You Jilted someone shey? You know the drill don't you? grin
Well, all those I jilted deserves it,
those who jilted me are asking to comeback into my life.
grin
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Cathaliya: 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kingsley Jay:
I would go back if I cud wipe out d pain, buh unfortunately I can't

I hail those that complain of heartbreaks often

Once is enof 4me........can neva giv that much of my heart anymore untill I put a ring on that finger
ehe, na she be this?
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by KingsleyJay(m): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
Cathaliya: ehe, na she be this?
Na "she" who b this? undecided
U mean br3nd4?tongue
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Cathaliya: 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kingsley Jay:
Na "she" who b this? undecided
U mean br3nd4?tongue
You will always show your illiteracy everywhere....

Anumpkama....grin
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
I have still not gotten over mine its over 18months. Maybe its because I have not dated after the breakup, not a good experience sha.
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by KingsleyJay(m): 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
Cathaliya: You will always show your illiteracy everywhere....

Anumpkama....grin
*fingers her eyes*
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by naijjaman(m): 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
Mine wasn't really a break up but the fact that I lost the only woman who understood me more than any other woman. I was older, in the university and she was five years younger, in high school. I was everything to her, in love with but very protective of her. Her mother was so trusting of me because she saw how happy and secure her daughter was with me. Her father was the problem because he loved her to the point that he could literally strangle any man around her. My dad didn't care what we did with each other but my mother told me bluntly that her parents would not be her in laws period. My parents were wealthy but she wasn't really interested in material things. She never asked me for anything but treasures any present I gave her. The problem started immediately after my father's death when she told me that her parents had been putting so much pressure for her to get married and that her dad had been receiving gifts after gifts from potential suitors with the promise that he would give her away soon. I held back my tears until she left and cried so much that every member of my family knew that something was really wrong but I didn't tell anyone about it. The next day, I told her that I wasn't ready because I was still in my third year in the university, young and still grappling with the loss of my dad who died in a motor accident. She said she was ready to wait for me but I really didn't want to be selfish. All her potential suitors were very rich and she wanted to wait for someone whose future was uncertain. I also did't want a father inlaw who was ready to trade her daughter's happiness for material things. We held each other for more that ten minutes, her tears was soaking my shirt but I couldn't let her go. I gave her a gold necklace and gave me a picture of her in return.We promised to keep in touch regardless.

Folks! To cut a long story short. She got married to a very rich man as I expected. My father's death affected my family financially unexpectedly. I struggled to graduate from the university. I have been living abroad for more than a decade, worked hard and turned my life around. I own a business and can afford good things in life. I am married to a very loving woman. I have kids and happy but I have since realized that something is still missing. We have moved on because we love our respective families but she still manage to tell me in our conversations that our breakup affected her till today and I agree. She name her son after me. It is really sad to break up with someone you love or one who really loves you. I honestly still valued what I had decades after the break up.

2 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by KingsleyJay(m): 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
bellychiz: I have still not gotten over mine its over 18months. Maybe its because I have not dated after the breakup, not a good experience sha.
Eiyaaaaa!
That's bad.......
Wud b marking my 12months break-up anniversary on sunday.........care to join me? grin
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Cathaliya: 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kingsley Jay:
*fingers her eyes*
You too dey go my eye sef..dont you know its a major asset..?
How I wan hypnotize them if you blind me, ehkwa?

Btw, we need o talk about your breakup...

You ve got mail..!

grin
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Jbluv55(m): 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
Glocee: My one n only ex was n is still a good guy but genotype ish didn't let us take it to d next level .
Eeya! Pele......so hav you found sm1 wt AA genotype?
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by KingsleyJay(m): 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
Cathaliya: You too dey go my eye sef..dont you know its a major asset..?
How I wan hypnotize them if you blind me, ehkwa?

Btw, we need o talk about your breakup...

You ve got mail..!

grin
I dunno where else u want me to finger ooo
Mayb u will direct my finger the next tym gringrin
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Cathaliya: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kingsley Jay:
I dunno where else u want me to finger ooo
Mayb u will direct my finger the next tym gringrin
Onyeara.....grin
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by KingsleyJay(m): 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
Cathaliya:
Onyeara.....grin
U know u love it wen I use those words on yougringrin

Btw, drop your 1st love heartbreak story na, I'm curious
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by write2obi(m): 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
Cathaliya: Well, all those I jilted deserves it,
those who jilted me are asking to comeback into my life.
grin
Who we go ask?
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Cathaliya: 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kingsley Jay:
U know u love it wen I use those words on yougringrin

Btw, drop your 1st love heartbreak story na, I'm curious
have done thhat since first or second page
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by KingsleyJay(m): 4:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
Cathaliya: have done thhat since first or second page
Really?
Lemme go back in time cheesy
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Pluslargent(m): 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
To all the ladies out there i'd like to ask,what do u actually mean when you look a brother squarely in the eye and tell him "am just not feeling you any more". (especially the one that has sacrificed so much for the relationship).
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Cathaliya: 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
write2obi:
Who we go ask?
ask Lara...grin
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Cathaliya: 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kingsley Jay:
Really?
Lemme go back in time cheesy
Come back here..
Na 7th page, 1st post.
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Cathaliya: 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
Plus largent: To all the ladies out there i'd like to ask,what do u actually mean when you look a brother squarely in the eye and tell him "am just not feeling you any more". (especially the one that has sacrificed so much for the relationship).
It simply means "inyachasigo" in Igbo which translates to"you don wash finish" in pidgin eenglish.

Wear and tear machine..grin
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by KingsleyJay(m): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
Cathaliya: Come back here..
Na 7th page, 1st post.
U no wan get sense abi? angry
I nearly curse u after I search 4rm 1-3

Nywayzzzz

......Incoming grin
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by VANENON(f): 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
dverykaka: my story hmmmmm dont like talking about it but i will

he was just a friend, we finished from the same uni and the same course but he was ahead of me in class. We attended the same campus fellowship . didnt really feel anything for him at that time. As far as i was concerned he was just a friend and a "churcheous" one at that, not my type. After our first degree we became close . to cut the whole story short, he fell in love with me, i wasnt really interested as i didnt believe in love but his actions and attitude swept me off my feet.

we agreed to get married. since we almost have the same circle of friends everybody was happy for us. i went to meet his people he came to see mine. he was my world, he was perfect in all he did, i loved and respected him like i have never done with any of my ex boyfriends. i was his first and it was so perfect. he works with civil service i worked in a finacial instution but i believed in his future . he was the answer to my prayer. he calls me all the time. most times i even sleep off on him during calls. he comes up with excuses for my faults. he was so in love with me that even a blind man man can see it.

untill that faithful night he called me at night i sensed he was crying i asked him but he wouldnt tell me instead he asked me what will i do if he commits sucide. i was like want will happen to me if you do that he said i shouldnt worry. (am trying so hard to cut this story short] the next day he told me that his people said he cant marry me because of a communal clash dat happened years ago, i thought it was a joke untill i saw his lips shaking and tears coming down his eyes like rain i was to shocked to say a thing. i said this must be a joke. i didnt cause the clash my dad didnt, none of my uncles did. why would somebody do this to me because of something i dont know about.

At first we thought of runing away together ( where can we run to without fund) after much talk and nufin was much coming forth we stopped talking and stopped chatting. i still feel like he disappointed me, he would ve stood up to his parents and his people. this is 6months and i have not gotten over him. everytin reminds me of him. i cant stop comparing any guy that talks to me with him. he has been trying to call( dont tell me he is calling to tell me the issue has been resolved bcoz he has so many ways of telling me if it it has been) but i blacklisted his nos and deleted him from my social media i think he shuld go and sort it out wif his family. poo happen... wish i can say am ova him
TRUELY FEEL SAD FOR YOU.
I hope things work out and you get back togather again.

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by KingsleyJay(m): 4:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
Cathaliya: Mine happened just 2 days ago...
At least when the break up occurs, the chief breaker will encourage the breakee with some words like, ''dont worry, its gonna be alright'' and all that.
But in my case, this culprit just went to sleep...shocked....in the middle of the breakup sef..

Jesus, who does that?

Anyways, have sulked on it and have bounced back.

MORAL LESSON:
Whenever you tell a guy that you love him, and he replies with, ''I like you because you write deep''....hmm, hmmm, hmmm, run faster than(wetin be that im name sef), ehe, Usalaka Bolt...

*falls from table*
Are u kidding me? grin

How long did you date this guy
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Cathaliya: 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kingsley Jay:
*falls from table*
Are u kidding me? grin

How long did you date this guy
Well, mine was love at first reading...grin

dated him for a week

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Pre-wedding Photoshoot / My Boyfriend Sent Me Packing After Infecting Me With HIV; Pregnant 19yrs Teen / Military Pre-Wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.