Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (37602 Views)

Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) / Is Archangel Michael Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by texanomaly(f): 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: the truth is universal. truth is not in the eye of the beholder. thats a wrong statement wink
Nope...you are wrong...

In religion and politics 'truth' is relative. This thread and every other where people debate over these subjects proves it. Everyone has a different interpretation of their 'truth". Some even have convincing answers as to why theirs is the real truth. YOUR 'truth' is not everyone's truth.

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: where did i get the lion of judah from ?

hebrews 7 vs 14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda;

jeremiah 4 vs 7 The lion is come up from his thicket, and the destroyer of the Gentiles is on his way; he is gone forth from his place to make thy land desolate; and thy cities shall be laid waste, without an inhabitant. <<< second coming. the lion of judah coming to destroy the gentile empires

BUT LETS DIGRESS. YES HE IS GREATER THAN ANGELS. HE IS AN ARCH-ANGEL. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ? MEANS HE IS THE LEADER OF THE ANGELS. WHICH ANGELS ? THE 144,000 MEN OF ISRAEL AKA THE SEVEN STARS >>>> REVELATION 2 VS 1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
<< he holds the seven stars in his right hands because he is their leader. the arch-angel. hence the saying i have come for the lost sheep of the house of israel. he came for his angels. to wake them up.

jude 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. Micheal ( christ ) telling the devil that 'the lord rebuke thee'. why is Micheal calling himself 'lord' ?
Pastor Olu T:
I saw the place u quoted from Revelation, and brother I dont think it was referring to Jesus. I also use to think Michael was Jesus, but when u look at whenever Michael appears in the scriptures n Jesus, there is always a difference. Like the book of Jude someone quoted in the former post where Michael n the devil dispute for the body of Moses, n he had to rebuke him in the name of the Lord!
But when it comes to Jesus 'cos all authority has been given to Him, He act as such!
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2013
texanomaly:
Nope...you are wrong...

In religion and politics 'truth' is relative. This thread and every other where people debate over these subjects proves it. Everyone has a different interpretation of their 'truth". Some even have convincing answers as to why theirs is the real truth. YOUR 'truth' is not everyone's truth.
truth is universal. truth is not relative. people err but the truth remains the same. you do err
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 21, 2013
let me confound the gainsayers by putting the icing on the cake. what does the name Micheal mean ?

Michael /ˈmaɪkəl/, also occasionally Micheal, is a masculine given name that comes from the Hebrew: מִיכָאֵל / מיכאל‎ (Mīkhā'ēl, pronounced [miχaˈʔel]), derived from the question מי כאל mī kā'ēl) meaning "Who is like God"

so Micheal means 'who is like God'. and what does the word angel mean ? it means messenger. so Arch-angel Micheal means ' messenger who is like God'. who is that ? Christ wink wink

4 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 21, 2013
and to further shut this whole argument down. Arch-angel Micheal is a man of war. and how about christ ?

exodus 15 vs 3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

CASE CLOSED. OK EVERYONE LETS PACK UP AND LEAVE THE THREAD. CASE CLOSED grin grin grin grin
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by texanomaly(f): 4:55pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: truth is universal. truth is not relative. people err but the truth remains the same. you do err
What makes you think your OPINiON is truth? That's all it is. Opinion and theory. For every one of your points, someone has given a reply to the contrary, just as convincing. Of course they are wrong, and you are right. undecided

This is why I love the Christian and non-Christian threads so much. Everyone has such strong beliefs. There is nothing wrong with that. I have my own. Mine are the right (truth) ones, btw. grin

My point is that YOUR truth is just that, your truth. My truth differs. I'm right, and in your world (wherever that may be) you are.

Universal truth...for all intents and purposes, does not exist, except in our minds.

Mine is still right. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Joagbaje(m): 4:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: where did i get the lion of judah from ?

hebrews 7 vs 14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda;

My point is that the passage you manipulated in revelation didn't say lion of Judah . You added it. Why? The devil is also likened to a roaring lion. Hope you got my point.

BUT LETS DIGRESS. YES HE IS GREATER THAN ANGELS. HE IS AN ARCH-ANGEL.

An archangel is still an angel . Micheal is not the only arch angel, Gabriel is also one and many others. So Jesus is not an angel.

HE IS THE LEADER OF THE ANGELS. WHICH ANGELS ? THE 144,000 MEN OF ISRAEL AKA THE SEVEN STARS >>>>

The 144,000 are not angels but rather the remnant jews from tribulation.

jude 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. Micheal ( christ ) telling the devil that 'the lord rebuke thee'. why is Micheal calling himself 'lord' ?

Micheal didn't call himself lord. He rebuked the devil in the name of God of heaven . Because satan was higher than him. He needed a higher name.

7 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by texanomaly(f): 4:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: and to further shut this whole argument down. Arch-angel Micheal is a man of war. and how about christ ?

exodus 15 vs 3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

CASE CLOSED. OK EVERYONE LETS PACK UP AND LEAVE THE THREAD. CASE CLOSED grin grin grin grin
Bahahahaha

You gotta love this guy!
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 21, 2013
texanomaly:
What makes you think your OPINiON is truth? That's all it is. Opinion and theory. For every one of your points, someone has given a reply to the contrary, just as convincing. Of course they are wrong, and you are right. undecided

This is why I love the Christian and non-Christian threads so much. Everyone has such strong beliefs. There is nothing wrong with that. I have my own. Mine are the right (truth) ones, btw. grin

My point is that YOUR truth is just that, your truth. My truth differs. I'm right, and in your world (wherever that may be) you are.

Universal truth...for all intents and purposes, does not exist, except in our minds.

Mine is still right. tongue
AHHH BUT YOU DO ERR. the truth stands alone and can be backed up, as i have done. the truth never waivers. scripture says prove all things. i do that all the time. peoples opinions are just that. opinions. but the truth is universal. prove all things wink

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: of course this is for the spiritually discerned. the direct calling of Jesus an angel is in the book of revelation, for those who say christ is not an angel

REVELATION 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,

3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.

THE LION OF JUDAH ROARING WHILE RECIEVING INSTRUCTIONS FROM GOD ( THE SEVEN THUNDERS )

Obadiah am surprised at your post comparing jesus to michael..BTW when a shout is LIKE(take note of the word) that of a roaring lion does mean it is the lion of judah roaring..angels and archangels are still a little below man because they still do man's biddings..for example gabriel is also an archangel and still runs erands for God and man..so why believe that was jesus? To me the quoted verse may refer to gabriel because he is a messenger between God and man..other mighty archangels are uriel and raphael..this is not jesus.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by texanomaly(f): 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: AHHH BUT YOU DO ERR. the truth stands alone and can be backed up, as i have done. the truth never waivers. scripture says prove all things. i do that all the time. peoples opinions are just that. opinions. but the truth is universal. prove all things wink
*rolls eyes*

Okay, you win

*as if* tongue

I'm still right, you are wrong.

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2013
Joagbaje:

My point is that the passage you manipulated in revelation didn't say lion of Judah . You added it. Why? The devil is also likened to a roaring lion. Hope you got my point.

An archangel is still an angel . Micheal is not the only arch angel, Gabriel is also one and many others. So Jesus is not an angel.

The 144,000 are not angels but rather the remnant jews from tribulation.

Micheal didn't call himself lord. He rebuked the devil in the name of God of heaven . Because satan was higher than him. He needed a higher name.

i am of the impression that you dont know what angel means but oga Jo, thats why i am here. i intend to pull people out of the abyss of darkness and into the brightness of the light

an·gel [eyn-juhl] Show IPA
noun

a messenger, especially of God.
<<< an angel is a messenger. the 144,000, what is their message ? to unify the gentiles to the jews under the law

see, right of the top, your premise is wrong because you didnt know the meaning of that word 'angel'. i suspect you are caught up in greco-roman fantasy and mythology of romanticizing biblical words

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
texanomaly:
Bahahahaha

You gotta love this guy!
i do what i do for the peoples grin cheesy
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2013
joel lala:

Obadiah am surprised at your post comparing jesus to michael..BTW when a shout is LIKE(take note of the word) that of a roaring lion does mean it is the lion of judah roaring..angels and archangels are still a little below man because they still do man's biddings..for example gabriel is also an archangel and still runs erands for God and man..so why believe that was jesus? To me the quoted verse may refer to gabriel because he is a messenger between God and man..other mighty archangels are uriel and raphael..this is not jesus.
read the whole thread. the case has been proved. all you gotta do now is hear or forbear sire wink wink
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 21, 2013
texanomaly:
*rolls eyes*

Okay, you win

*as if* tongue

I'm still right, you are wrong.

this is bigger than who is right or who is wrong. this here thang is about the truth ruth grin grin
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Debeloved87(m): 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
Obadiah777 u do err in this matter, any angel can roar like a lion especially the magnificiently built Arch-ones, dnt forget the scripture that says 1peter 5:8 be sober, be vigilante for your adversary,the DEVIL as a ROARING LION, walketh about looking for whom to devour..people that have seen beyond the veils that covers earth can tell you vividly that JESUS is different from angel michael who has a striking resemblance with angel gabriel, only just that he has a hard and a "soldieric" countenance...Michael is an archangel, JESUS is the King of Glory and the LORD of War..

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
Debeloved87: Obadiah777 u do err in this matter, any angel can roar like a lion especially the magnificiently built Arch-ones, dnt forget the scripture that says 1peter 5:8 be sober, be vigilante for your adversary,the DEVIL as a ROARING LION, walketh about looking for whom to devour..people that have seen beyond the veils that covers earth can tell you vividly that JESUS is different from angel michael who has a striking resemblance with angel gabriel, only just that he has a hard and a "soldieric" countenance...Michael is an archangel, JESUS is the King of Glory and the LORD of War..
The case has been proved Chief. read the thread all the way through. if you are not convinced then it wasnt meant for you to get that knowledge. wink cheesy
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
Debeloved87: Obadiah777 u do err in this matter, any angel can roar like a lion especially the magnificiently built Arch-ones, dnt forget the scripture that says 1peter 5:8 be sober, be vigilante for your adversary,the DEVIL as a ROARING LION, walketh about looking for whom to devour..people that have seen beyond the veils that covers earth can tell you vividly that JESUS is different from angel michael who has a striking resemblance with angel gabriel, only just that he has a hard and a "soldieric" countenance...Michael is an archangel, JESUS is the King of Glory and the LORD of War..

i tire for obadiah o! There are different archangels that their voices are like a roaring lion doesnt make them the lion of judah..
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Debeloved87(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: The case has been proved Chief. read the thread all the way through. if you are not convinced then it wasnt meant for you to get that knowledge. wink cheesy
with ur posts nothing has been proove...i read the thread, am glad u contributed, but JESUS IS NEVER MICHAEL

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: The case has been proved Chief. read the thread all the way through. if you are not convinced then it wasnt meant for you to get that knowledge. wink cheesy
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
joel lala:

i tire for obadiah o! There are different archangels that their voices are like a roaring lion doesnt make them the lion of judah..
that notwithstanding, the case has been proven Chief. but with regards to the lion roar of Revelation chapter 10, its because you dont understand the book of Revelation is why you hold your position. the book of Revelation is chronologically sequenced. the lion roaring in chapter 10 is Christ but then again i have to assume you dont know much about the book of Revelation.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2013
Debeloved87: with ur posts nothing has been proove...i read the thread, am glad u contributed, but JESUS IS NEVER MICHAEL
well i guess you fall into this category >>>> isaiah 6 vs 9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. <<< this you right here Debeloved87. grin

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 21, 2013
Obadiah, i think you need to need to step up your bible understanding.
And hilariously, i believe many would aptly agree with me that the quote above me best suits you. Epic! grin

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2013

Bros you havent proved anything..and comparing micheal to be jesus using the part of war is also a falacy..in psalms 24 vs 8, it described God as mighty in battle ..so will you also say michael is God because of this?

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Debeloved87(m): 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: well i guess you fall into this category >>>> isaiah 6 vs 9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. <<< this you right here Debeloved87. grin
no sire, u do err in making us want to believe that what u believe is right,...i have an understanding of the book of revelation....the angel u turned to christ in the book of revelation is one of the arch angels assigned to john..the voice from the throne is that of christ.,.jesus is different from the angels, u of all people should know this, i hope one of these days God wil giv u a glimpse of Heaven..u do really nid it.

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by texanomaly(f): 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: this is bigger than who is right or who is wrong. this here thang is about the truth ruth grin grin
SMH again...

Your, so called truth, not mine

I'll leave it to you and the rest...

Enjoy smiley
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
idnoble135: Obadiah, i think you need to need to step up your bible understanding.
And hilariously, i believe many would aptly agree with me that the quote above me best suits you. Epic! grin
my understanding of the bible is copasetic, all praises to the merciful, the omnipotent, ha mashayach grin
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2013
joel lala:

Bros you havent proved anything..and comparing micheal to be jesus using the part of war is also a falacy..in psalms 24 vs 8, it described God as mighty in battle ..so will you also say michael is God because of this?
i believe i have 5 poignant posts on the topic. impeccable posts i may add, even if i do say so myself grin
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
Debeloved87: no sire, u do err in making us want to believe that what u believe is right,...i have an understanding of the book of revelation....the angel u turned to christ in the book of revelation is one of the arch angels assigned to john..the voice from the throne is that of christ.,.jesus is different from the angels, u of all people should know this, i hope one of these days God wil giv u a glimpse of Heaven..u do really nid it.
listen i have been blessed, all praises be to ha mashayach, with an impeccable insight into the book of revelation and just from this your post alone i can tell you have no clue what the book of revelation is about.

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
texanomaly:
SMH again...

Your, so called truth, not mine

I'll leave it to you and the rest...

Enjoy smiley
the truth is universal. it is yours and mine. now whether you choose to accept it is a different matter altogether wink
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: my understanding of the bible is copasetic, all praises to the merciful, the omnipotent, ha mashayach grin
No sir. You sir, have a partial knowledge and not a complete knowledge like all the saints. At such, there must needs be occasions that you concur and affirm before all that you were wrong. Thats all

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by texanomaly(f): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: listen i have been blessed, all praises be to ha mashayach, with an impeccable insight into the book of revelation and just from this your post alone i can tell you have no clue what the book of revelation is about.
Deuce my dear...how do you get that head of yours through the door in the morning?
cool cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Lady Lays Curse On Stephanie Otobo, Begs Apostle Suleman For Help / Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.