Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,687 members, 7,955,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:33 AM

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (38195 Views)

Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) / Is Archangel Michael Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
texanomaly: @haibe
I agree with her, I disagree with Obadiah. I believe I stated the latter, if you will look back.

I simply don't agree that in the minds of all, the truth is the same. My point is Obadiah777 says his information is the truth, and truth is absolute. I disagree with what he calls truth.

He still claims his translation is the truth. (He is wrong btw)

Morning Duece
thats your problem. you cant handle the truth ruth. the truth will set you free, but see i know what the problem is. you are too comfortable in that strait jacket you are in. you dont want to be free. well when you are ready for freedom come see me cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
obadiah777:
Lemme help you. This way pls >>>>>>> https://www.nairaland.com/1448779/angel-micheal-worships-jesus

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by texanomaly(f): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
obadiah777: yeah texanomaly was drankin moonshine yesterday when she made that post. you know how dem texas folks get down grin grin
tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by texanomaly(f): 1:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
obadiah777: thats your problem. you cant handle the truth ruth. the truth will set you free, but see i know what the problem is. you are too comfortable in that strait jacket you are in. you dont want to be free. well when you are ready for freedom come see me cheesy wink
*smiles and shakes head*

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Debeloved87(m): 1:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
obadiah777: the real truth being stood up but yall scoffing at it. we got the truth right here, all thanks and praises to ha mashayach the omipotent. all wisdom knowledge and understanding belongs to him. we are but vessels. a conduit of information, if you will wink
i always thought you are sensible and knowledgeable in the scripture, now i know that u'r just an empty sounding brass,insensible and insecured, filled with corrupt knowledge..
You said all angels worship Arch-angel michael, if i may ask for what reason was Lucifer thrown down,go read ur bible and tell me,am sure u dont av the understanding yet..i once ask u of 2days in the spiritual realm and u'r equating it with 2days in the physical, u'r such a clown, it was even an atheist that was scolding u on dat..wat a shame on you obadiah777...you need to be locked behind spiritual bars and be tutored.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by texanomaly(f): 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
Debeloved87: i always thought you are sensible and knowledgeable in the scripture, now i know that u'r just an empty sounding brass,insensible and insecured, filled with corrupt knowledge..
You said all angels worship Arch-angel michael, if i may ask for what reason was Lucifer thrown down,go read ur bible and tell me,am sure u dont av the understanding yet..i once ask u of 2days in the spiritual realm and u'r equating it with 2days in the physical, u'r such a clown, it was even an atheist that was scolding u on dat..wat a shame on you...you need to be locked behind spiritual bars and be tutored.
@bolded
Wow...a bit harsh, don't you think?
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
Jehovah Witness People always teach Erroneous Doctrines...Am sorry for you if your main reason of arguing with them is to Convince them....They Are Blind...According to Them,they are Not Even Christians...So,whats the essence?
Noone needs dispute The Godhood of Christ,and i wonder who will be so stupid to refer to Christ as an Archangel....Am not here to argue,its of No use....But,if u need to know more about Michael as Written in the Bible,read this passages:
Daniel 10:13-21
daniel 12:1
Revelation 12:7-9
Jude 1:9
1Thessalonians 4:16.....
For Specificity,and in line with the topic,read this About the true Personality of Jesus Christ:
Colosians 1:16
Isaiah 43:10
John 20:28
John 1:1
Mathew 16:16
John 10:30
Acts 20:28
Hebrew 1:4-6, 8-10..
Luke 24:25-7
Joshua 5:13-15....
I know why i didnt post the words here,am not arguing...Scripture is not meant to be argued!
Like i said earlier,i cant argue with JW peeps,They are filled with False teachings,dogmatic and can never be convinced or change their grounds even when the Truth is facing and staring them in the face..Unless it is from their Hallowed Watchtower..
Goodluck reading those verses,and do not be dismayed...
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by texanomaly(f): 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
Obadiah777 is JW?
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2013
texanomaly: Obadiah777 is JW?
ermm nope lol
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Debeloved87(m): 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2013
texanomaly:
@bolded
such is needed for folks like obadiah777, an harbinger and a teacher of heresies,deluded in his own mind.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Maximus85(m): 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2013
ammyluv2002: Guy, watch what you say ok......don't ever compare our saviour Jesus to the Angels. The bible made it clear on Trinity (God the father, Jesus the son and the Holy Spirit) you see any Angel for there? undecided

That word "trinity" never appeared in the Bible. I dare you to show me where it is.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
Debeloved87: i always thought you are sensible and knowledgeable in the scripture, now i know that u'r just an empty sounding brass,insensible and insecured, filled with corrupt knowledge..
You said all angels worship Arch-angel michael, if i may ask for what reason was Lucifer thrown down,go read ur bible and tell me,am sure u dont av the understanding yet..i once ask u of 2days in the spiritual realm and u'r equating it with 2days in the physical, u'r such a clown, it was even an atheist that was scolding u on dat..wat a shame on you obadiah777...you need to be locked behind spiritual bars and be tutored.
grin grin grin
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2013
texanomaly:
@bolded
he is hurt. his ego cant stand being confounded by sound doctrine so he is lashing out grin
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Maximus85(m): 2:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
philfearon: Jehovah Witness People always teach Erroneous Doctrines...Am sorry for you if your main reason of arguing with them is to Convince them....They Are Blind...According to Them,they are Not Even Christians...So,whats the essence?
Noone needs dispute The Godhood of Christ,and i wonder who will be so stupid to refer to Christ as an Archangel....Am not here to argue,its of No use....But,if u need to know more about Michael as
Written in the Bible,read this passages:
Daniel 10:13-21
daniel 12:1
Revelation 12:7-9
Jude 1:9
1Thessalonians 4:16.....
For Specificity,and in line with the topic,read this About the true Personality of Jesus Christ:
Colosians 1:16
Isaiah 43:10
John 20:28
John 1:1
Mathew 16:16
John 10:30
Acts 20:28
Hebrew 1:4-6, 8-10..
Luke 24:25-7
Joshua 5:13-15....
I know why i didnt post the words here,am not arguing...Scripture is not meant to be argued!
Like i said earlier,i cant argue with JW peeps,They are filled with False teachings,dogmatic and can never be convinced or change their grounds even when the Truth is facing and staring them in the face..Unless it is from their Hallowed Watchtower..
Goodluck reading those verses,and do not be dismayed...

Is Jesus the Archangel Michael?

▪ Put simply, the answer is yes. The custom of being called by more than one name is common in many cultures. The same situation occurs with names in the Bible. For example, the patriarch Jacob is also named Israel. (Genesis 35:10) The apostle Peter is named in five different ways—Symeon, Simon, Peter, Cephas, and Simon Peter. (Matthew 10:2; 16:16; John 1:42; Acts 15:7, 14)

How can we be sure that Michael is another name for Jesus? Consider the following Scriptural evidence.

The Bible contains five references to the mighty spirit creature Michael. Three occurrences are in the book of Daniel. At Daniel 10:13, 21, we read that a dispatched angel is rescued by Michael, who is called “one of the foremost princes” and “the prince of you people.” Next, at Daniel 12:1, we learn that in the time of the end, “Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people.”

A further mention of Michael occurs at Revelation 12:7, which describes “Michael and his angels” as fighting a vital war that results in the ousting of Satan the Devil and his wicked angels from heaven.
Notice that in each of the above-mentioned cases, Michael is portrayed as a warrior angel battling for and protecting God’s people, even confronting Jehovah’s greatest enemy, Satan.
Jude verse 9 calls Michael “the archangel.” The prefix “arch” means “principal” or “chief,” and the word “archangel” is never used in the plural form in the Bible. The only other verse in which an archangel is mentioned is at 1 Thessalonians 4:16, where Paul describes the resurrected Jesus, saying: “The Lord [Jesus] himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet.” So Jesus Christ himself is here identified as the archangel, or chief angel.

In view of the foregoing, what can we conclude? Jesus Christ is Michael the archangel. Both names—Michael (meaning “Who Is Like God?”) and Jesus (meaning “Jehovah Is Salvation”)—focus attention on his role as the leading advocate of God’s sovereignty. Philippians 2:9 states: “God exalted him [the glorified Jesus] to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name.”

It is important to note that the human birth of Jesus was not the beginning of his life. Before Jesus was born, Mary was visited by an angel who told her that she would conceive a child by means of holy spirit and that she should name the child Jesus. (Luke 1:31) During his ministry, Jesus often spoke of his prehuman existence.—John 3:13; 8:23, 58.

So Michael the archangel is Jesus in his prehuman existence. After his resurrection and return to heaven, Jesus resumed his service as Michael, the chief angel, “to the glory of God the Father.”—Philippians 2:11.

2 Likes

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Debeloved87(m): 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
obadiah777: he is hurt. his ego cant stand being confounded by sound doctrine so he is lashing out grin
you called all what u'v posted "sound doctrine",what an embarrassment. you really need to go back to believers class meant for the newly saved.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
Do christians and confusionists have something in common? Dem no even no who be God, who be Jesus or who be angel sef! Religion of doom for the dunces.

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by bookface: 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
Maximus85:

Is Jesus the Archangel Michael?

▪ Put simply, the answer is yes. The custom of being called by more than one name is common in many cultures. The same situation occurs with names in the Bible. For example, the patriarch Jacob is also named Israel. (Genesis 35:10) The apostle Peter is named in five different ways—Symeon, Simon, Peter, Cephas, and Simon Peter. (Matthew 10:2; 16:16; John 1:42; Acts 15:7, 14)

How can we be sure that Michael is another name for Jesus? Consider the following Scriptural evidence.

The Bible contains five references to the mighty spirit creature Michael. Three occurrences are in the book of Daniel. At Daniel 10:13, 21, we read that a dispatched angel is rescued by Michael, who is called “one of the foremost princes” and “the prince of you people.” Next, at Daniel 12:1, we learn that in the time of the end, “Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people.”

A further mention of Michael occurs at Revelation 12:7, which describes “Michael and his angels” as fighting a vital war that results in the ousting of Satan the Devil and his wicked angels from heaven.
Notice that in each of the above-mentioned cases, Michael is portrayed as a warrior angel battling for and protecting God’s people, even confronting Jehovah’s greatest enemy, Satan.
Jude verse 9 calls Michael “the archangel.” The prefix “arch” means “principal” or “chief,” and the word “archangel” is never used in the plural form in the Bible. The only other verse in which an archangel is mentioned is at 1 Thessalonians 4:16, where Paul describes the resurrected Jesus, saying: “The Lord [Jesus] himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet.” So Jesus Christ himself is here identified as the archangel, or chief angel.

In view of the foregoing, what can we conclude? Jesus Christ is Michael the archangel. Both names—Michael (meaning “Who Is Like God?”) and Jesus (meaning “Jehovah Is Salvation”)—focus attention on his role as the leading advocate of God’s sovereignty. Philippians 2:9 states: “God exalted him [the glorified Jesus] to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name.”

It is important to note that the human birth of Jesus was not the beginning of his life. Before Jesus was born, Mary was visited by an angel who told her that she would conceive a child by means of holy spirit and that she should name the child Jesus. (Luke 1:31) During his ministry, Jesus often spoke of his prehuman existence.—John 3:13; 8:23, 58.

So Michael the archangel is Jesus in his prehuman existence. After his resurrection and return to heaven, Jesus resumed his service as Michael, the chief angel, “to the glory of God the Father.”—Philippians 2:11.

First, the fact that the Lord Jesus descends "with an archangel's voice" does not automatically mean that it is his own voice spoken of. This passage simply says that an archangel's voice will accompany the Lord's descent from heaven, in the same manner that the bailiff's voice "All rise!" accompanies the judge's entrance into the courtroom.

Second, Hebrews 1:5 says, "For example, to which of the angels did he [God] ever say: 'You are my son; I, today, I have become your father'?" . The answer to the question is, of course, "none."

Thus, if God never called an angel his Son, then Michael--who is an angel--cannot be the Son. The fact that Michael is an archangel does not change anything, as he is still an angel by nature. An archangel is simply a "higher order" of angel, but an angel nonetheless; "arch-" simply means "ruling" or "high ranking."

Jehovah witnesses should really stop spreading filth!

Lucifer himself was an arch angel, so was Gabriel. The bible says of Lucifer:

Ezekiel 28:13
"You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering: the sardius, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created."

Isaiah 14 reveals the fall of Lucifer from the heights of heaven, which resulted in his status as the creature that he is today:

"How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning...For you have said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.'"

God creates angels, then he creates higher angels, but they all worship at the feet of Christ!

When God brings His firstborn into the world, He says, ‘Let all God's angels worship Him.’ In speaking of the angels He says, ‘He makes his angels winds, his servants flames of fire.’ But about the Son He says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’”

The hierarchy of heavenly beings is made clear in this passage—angels worship Jesus who, as God, is alone worthy of worship. No angel is ever worshiped in Scripture; therefore, Jesus cannot be Michael or any other angel. The angels are called sons of God (Genesis 6:2-4; Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7), but Jesus is THE Son of God (Hebrews 1:8; Matthew 4:3-6).
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by macdelene(m): 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
undecided
Ask4bigneyo: Must you create thread...
I beg ask am. Haba anytin wen enter person head must come out
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by rezzy: 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
Obadiah777 posts are so annoying. Antichrist. I hate reading your useless posts.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
Debeloved87: you called all what u'v posted "sound doctrine",what an embarrassment. you really need to go back to believers class meant for the newly saved.

see now i know why you are in darkness. you rely on some believers class for sound doctrine. you do err. sound doctrine is revealed to you by the master teacher, the holy spirit within you, that is. you do err not knowing scriptures. you are scripturally and spiritually illiterate grin grin

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Thereishel: 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
This Jehovah witness don't turn the Bible upside down Jesus is different from Michael, the arch angel!
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
rezzy: Obadiah777 posts are so annoying. Antichrist. I hate reading your useless posts.
dayum scoffers grin grin just scoffin for no dayum reason smdh
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by highmood(m): 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
You are confusing yourself. How can you say angel Micheal is Jesus? From the bible passage you quoted, I can't even find any similarity or relationship between the quoted passage and the question you are asking or the point you intend making. So watch what u say. JESUS IS LORD.HE(JESUS) IS IN THE FATHER AND THE FATHER IS IN HIM. Jesus is the word of God, so in the new testament he(JESUS) was made flesh. Note the angels are different from the son and the father, they(angels) were made a little higher than man or in reverse man was made a little lower than angels. Now how can you compare a creature(angels) made a little higher than man to son who is in the father and who the father is in(More like a God but not)? READ UR BIBLE.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by rezzy: 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
obadiah777: dayum scoffers grin grin just scoffin for no dayum reason smdh

I just wish i can kill u. God, i hate ur being.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by DonaldGenes(m): 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
@Op stop twisting what the Bible didn't say, if you don't understand the bible, simply ask God to give you an understanding, stop ridiculing the Gospel of Christ.. Abi are you that dumb to say that Angel Michael is The Christ? was he the one that came and died for our sins, mind what you scribble out Mr man
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
lwkmd.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by texanomaly(f): 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
77 members and 70 guests...
Duece, you do like to stir controversy. That's for sure.

smh
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by DonaldGenes(m): 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
highmood: You are confusing yourself. How can you say angel Micheal is Jesus? From the bible passage you quoted, I can't even find any similarity or relationship between the quoted passage and the question you are asking or the point you intend making. So watch what u say. JESUS IS LORD.HE(JESUS) IS IN THE FATHER AND THE FATHER IS IN HIM. Jesus is the word of God, so in the new testament he(JESUS) was made flesh. Note the angels are different from the son and the father, they(angels) were made a little higher than man or in reverse man was made a little lower than than angels. READ UR BIBLE.

gbam! And the OP didn't see when God said 'this is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased? I think the Op is a confuscionist.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
obadiah777:

you are scripturally and spiritually illiterate grin grin

damn...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Pastor Goodheart Val Aloysius: If You Have 3 Cars & Your Pastor Is Trekking .... / "God Will Give My Husband Grace To Know What To Do" - Pastor Omodele Fatoyinbo / COZA Vs Busola Dakolo: Why I Shunned PFN Panel - Pastor Fatoyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.