Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (9367 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
@ wiegraf

I wonder the kind of atheist you are if you claim devil is Eshu. This is an embarrassment to Yoruba philosophy....obviously, you took the pride thinking you have broken the shackle of religion dogma....you deceiving yourself, you are puppet and brainwashed showed at instant you said Eshu is devil in yoruba. You are like a kid who whin around with pride thinking he outsmart his parent probably after understanding that term like 'aroden in yoruba' doesn't exist in reality. Little child are sent to buy Aroden from trusted neighbours and what they give in return is headtie wrapped without anything inside. Literally it nothing but aroden mean 'my parents are travelling, take this money and take care of me', the headtie or cap mean 'your child is coming from my home'. Same analogy applies to your pride of knowing all and intelligence.....bro, you failed and if you want to know Eshu, feel free to read through my simple details about it.

Eshu in Yoruba spirituality

In the figure of Eshu-Elegbara, he is the god of communication and spiritual language. He is the gatekeeper between the realms of man and gods, the tangled lines of force that make up the cosmic interface, and his sign is the crossroads. Eshu is the divine messenger, and relays information between the gods and between humans and the gods. A small, very dark man, he walks with a large staff, and is often sucking on a pipe, candies, or his fingers. He the "roadmaker;" he "sets the affairs of the earth in order,....is so swift that he can be the messenger for many,...and can circle the earth in an instant." Eshu's caprice, quickness, and agility of body and mind are all characteristics he embodied, perhaps reflecting the perennial spiritual characteristics of communication. Eshu is a divine mediator of fate and information, a linguist, a crafty metaphysician. Eshu is a trickster not just because he fools people and creates chaos, but more profoundly because he's always escaping the codes of the he simultaneously reinforces.

Also Eshu is always traversing that region of babble, and embodies the hope and the peril of a more open channel: hope, because he allows us to speak with the gods and for them to speak with us; and peril, because he tends to play tricks with the information he has, to keep us perpetually aware that he oversees the network of exchange. His nickname is Odara, which means "Trickster". Among the allegories of the Yoruba gods, Eshu similarly propels the narratives of jealousy and power by occupying certain privileged places where he gives ideas and information--not the whole story, but just enough to make the story happen. At one point, Shango the thunder god asks him, "Why don't you speak straight forwardly?" "I never do," Eshu responds. "I like to make people think."
Perhaps the most famous Yoruba story about Eshu concerns two inseparable friends who swore undying fidelity to one another but neglect to acknowledge Eshu. These two friends work on adjacent fields. One day Eshu walks on the dividing line between their fields, wearing a cap that is black on one side and red on the other. He saunters between the fields, exchanging pleasantries with both men. Afterwards, the two friends got to talking about the man with the cap, and fall to violent quarreling about the man with the cap, and fall to violent quarreling about the color of the man's hat, calling each other blind and crazy. The neighbors gather about, and then Eshu arrives and stops the fight. The friends explain their disagreement, an Eshu shows them the two-sided hat--all this to chastise the friends for not putting him first in their doings. The lesson of the allegory is obvious, but just as interesting is where it places the god. Moving along the seam between two different worldviews, he confuses communication, reveals the ambiguity of knowledge, and plays with perspective. Eshu had shown his unwillingness to carry burdens, as well as his sensitivity to the power of information. Because Eshu is the ties between cosmic pattern and daily life, it is obvious why he would be associated with Ifa which is described as having "roads," "pathways," or "courses," resonant linkages of images and meanings through convex of consciousness and intelligence-- obviously Eshu's bag.

If you take this literally and think on the surface of this allegory, there is nothing bad in it if you think tortoise talk, deceived bird and fell from tree which made it back have cracks.....this might prompt the state which you rally round on your poor thinking by saying tortoise dont talk or do not fall........look beyond what you see.

Continue.....
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
Continuation....

Eshu in Yoruba philosophy

From the depiction of Eshu with figures and metaphoric description, philosophically Eshu is Intuition. Intuition - which some call a 'gut feeling' is a form of thinking that is 'non-conscious': you know things, but you don't know why. it sees the big picture. It produces judgements that are 'affectively charged': connected to our feelings, rather than our analytical minds. And, most usefully for our purposes, it is quick. By definition, intuition is a direct perception of Truth. It’s knowing without knowing how we know. The mind’s logic and reasoning processes are not involved. Intuition whispers, and stays indifferent whether we heed it or not.
Intuition gets our attention if we’re listening. Intuition pops into our awareness, but after that, it doesn’t seem to care what we do. However, it is very important to realize that intuition is more than just responding at an instinctual level; it is instinct plus cognitive consideration. There is no right or wrong answer as to how you define intuition; the best approach is to simply sit down and write a flow of what it means to you. However, what it mean to you or deduce about it might be wrong or truth when it led astray - overconfidence, making long-term predictions, making judgements outside their realm of expertise - but it also agreed that intuition works, with the right type of expertise, in the right situations.

Eshu and Intuition

To get clearer picture on terms in yoruba, we dont have to pick the surface but we need to dig deeper to get more understanding on each term. Since you are fan of wiki, then wiki should do it here:

Intuition and spirituality

Intuition is commonly discussed in writings of spiritual thought. Contextually, there is often an idea of a transcendent and more qualitative mind of one's spirit towards which a person strives, or towards which consciousness evolves. Typically, intuition is regarded as a conscious commonality between earthly knowledge and the higher spiritual knowledge and appears as flashes of illumination. It is asserted that by definition intuition cannot be judged by logical reasoning.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intuition_(psychology)#section_3

^^^^do you find anything relative between Eshu and intuition? Eshu therefore will be Institution in a philosophical view. Anyway, you think you are free from religion dogma, you are encircled in dogmatism and still eat corrupted lies the western people feed you. Eshu is not a monster or devil or satan.....get that into your dickhead.

Before you start barking after me again cuz some terms might make you go gaga......

Spirituality is not all about bowing to Idol, burning incense and worshipping deity.....The essence of spirituality is the search to know our real self, to discover the true nature of consciousness. It is a personal challenge of reaching beyond your current limits. This can include keeping an open mind, questioning current beliefs, or trying to better understand others' beliefs.

God is not a being or an entity. God is the great positive force, the collective positive force of all that is. To call god an entity and especially to personify god is to limit the concept. God is the Universal Consciousness, the Intelligent Infinity, the One Source, the Prime Creator. EVERYTHING IS GOD. God is All There Is. We are all part of god. All the universes combined are part of god.
In Yoruba, God is Olodumare. Ol’odu-ma-re (ol'- body,,,,,, odu - intelligence,,,,,,,mare - infinitness) === The intelligence infinity.
God also serve as admiration for something.....like I do call fela my god, I call myself God.....it doesn't mean fela or I created the world

Buddhists are by definition atheists - they don't believe in "God". Conception of this God is creator of the earth, higher being, omnis, talking, laughing, walking, eating, fighting.....I dont believe in that crap. people are leaving religion all together in massive droves to follow the PHILOSOPHY of buddism. Buddism goes further to believe in yourself. Ifa is philosophy and body of knowledge through which you can understand nature. I am an African and Yoruba guy....im tend to embrace what belongs to me. Therefore if Buddhist are atheist.....im atheist. Last time I check, atheism is disbelief in God and no ideology of any such unto that. If your own version of atheism is western conception, abrahamic God rejection and science......then thats you, what brings us together is disbelief in God. If you not good with that, go fvck yourself.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by wiegraf: 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
@folly

Let me show you what's embarrassing; your need to somehow separate yourself from the rest of your brethren, who aren't necessarily doing anything wrong so long as they bother no one else. It's a nice case of a modern day slave ashamed of his roots. To dissociate yourself from theism, you now resort to telling tales by moonlight stories about everything (displaying excellent comprehension) and needless gymnastics, seeing demons everywhere with your guilty conscience. For instance, the start of this your brilliant nonsense post here

you:

if you claim devil is Eshu

I'll be here all day, show me where I do this...

Let's go back a bit..

you:
Were you not asking for devil?

I was, where? This

you:
'tell the truth and let the devil be ashamed', or whoever the devil is in yoruba fairy tales.

And you cannot note it simply goes with the joke? You do note that I've heard of Eshu, yes, yet I deliberately did not use his name. Perhaps that could be because.........I knew he isn't the representation of the devil?

So, are you saying that if I bothered I couldn't find an evil god in yoruba pantheon to fill the spot of the devil? And that's not even the main point, even if there were no evil god in yoruba lore, are you saying ogun, ese etc, do not exist? Are they not.......gods, eg odin et al?

Let me bring home the point

you:
Yoruba spirituality doesn't have anything like devil. Dont be this dull.

me:
[size=14pt]No[/size], but it has sango, ogun, ese, etc etc, as you graciously list all the time, yes? Just as xtians have yah'weh and satan, Norse had thor and loki. Children have santa. Do you have evidence that proves any of these exist? You've reviewed the evidence for any, and are convinced they do? Do you even know what atheism is?

Are you retar.ded? Did I not clearly agree there was no direct representation of satan (and that would have something to do with the fact that African and Middle-Eastern religions did not exactly evolve together) yet here you are still imagining someone persecuting you. I have not even said anywhere that there's something wrong with being a theist, in fact I've in fact said the opposite, repeatedly, but your slave mentality happens to think there's something wrong with having these beliefs, non-western as they are, and therefore you need to dissociate yourself from theism at all cost.

As for the bolded, think on that carefully. I know that's hard for you, considering your mental capabilities, but try. If I have to expantiate on your folly as with regards to calling yourself an atheist despite your reading that, then well....

You're a theist, deal with it. You believe tying some bush around your waist is going to stop a metal projectile moving at extremely high speeds from killing you. Please explain the physics behind that. Again, I'll be here all day. The only way you could explain your belief would be to use the..... supernatural (and let's not forget blind faith). Hence your inability to answer a simple question, here it is again;

Can science explain/investigate your claims?

Yes or no bros?

So you're a theist, deal with it. And no, I'm not interested in reading any more of your fairy tales. As you missed it (again, along with everything else, actually), the point isn't that there necessarily exists a heaven in yoruba folk lore, all that matters is that all your claims are equally nonsensical without evidence; fairies, aliens, yoruba stories about turtles and chesting bullets <- all the same sheet (except maybe aliens actually, but sane folk should get the point).

When you can show me the physics (or sane logic) behind a bullet moving at those speeds to your skull not harming you, then I'll pay attention. Till then, sharrap!

Or, don't. Your biz, but I won't be indulging you anymore. Even I don't have that much time to waste.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
Lol. Weigraf's gonna break another keyboard soon, Uyi and Folykaze mega jam..

*whistling*
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by wiegraf: 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
aManFromMars: Lol. Weigraf's gonna break another keyboard soon, Uyi and Folykaze mega jam..

*whistling*

These ones are, well...rather foo.lish. And their tempers are actually......amusing.

Anony...... My blood really boils....... Foolish, but doesn't show his anger...... Annoying...............

.......... breaking keyboard...
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by ooman(m): 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
each time am back here, i dont always have a reason to stay...its just madness everywhere...

2 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
If you cant spell my username correctly.....forget the discussion. Stick to whatever you think.....it your world. Cheers
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2013
Mr Troll: Now lets see what you got. . . What nonsense is this? Real scientific findings? As opposed to what, the findings that don't correspond to your dogmatic positions?

this is quite sad. The earth is quite young? Say 6000 yrs old?
Pls check out this thread bros, this is becoming annoying. . www.nairaland.com/371029
it is only the wilfully ignorant and deluded that will come out in this present time say that there's no shred of evidence for evolution. You sir, take the crown.
And your oh so wise deductions from the fossil records were got from where. . . The BIBLE! A non scientific fairy tale book. So you expect that when scientists make discoveries they should all run to the bible to see how it fits abi?
Bros, there's something called the scientific method. Science does not go out to debunk any religion. It only happens that the findings do not agree with your religious views. Science does not owe it to any religion to present their findings in order to see how they fit. So this your nonsense conclusions about the fossil records have no base in science and i'd rather take the scientific view over any religious hogwash. Such arrogant nonsense!

Oh! We're too special to be primates(do you even know what primate means?) but we are not too special to come from. . . DUST. Smh

This is an example of a deluded fellow. Just because you don't like to be associated with APES you would close your eyes to the myriad evidence and insist on a view that has no evidence or instead twist the available evidence to suit your preconceived notions.

This is silly. Humans DID NOT evolve from apes. We share a common ancestor. Pls do some research. The world is leaving you behind in your ignorance. . . And oh, there are records of fossil intermediaries. Check out the Human-Chimpanzee-Last-Common-Ancestor. . .

This is Hilarious! cheesy You expect me to take a christian apologist site over scientific views. Really?
Pls see where your nonsense 6000yr old earth theory was debunked www.talkorigins.org/faqs/dalrymple/scientific_age_earth.html

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/age_of_the_earth.

you sir, are pathetic. I'm begining to regret this. I mean, have you taken time to really know what a scientific theory is and why the Theory of Evolution will NEVER be called the Law of Evolution? Pls read scientific opinions bros. Open your mind. answersingenesis is not a scientific site and therefore their pseudoscientific opinions are not recognised anywhere. . .
I'm sorry, but I haven't gotten any evidence of evolution in all you just said. If the evidence is included in what you said above, please point it out clearly. You're saying I'm deluded for believing in God, for being a christian, yet you give me no valid reason not to continue with this God who has changed my life. If you can't give me your evidence of evolution, then all you've just said up there is for nothing.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Ishilove: 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
Chibuebem: I'm sorry, but I haven't gotten any evidence of evolution in all you just said. If the evidence is included in what you said above, please point it out clearly. You're saying I'm deluded for believing in God, for being a christian, yet you give me no valid reason not to continue with this God who has changed my life. If you can't give me your evidence of evolution, then all you've just said up there is for nothing.
Na you get time to argue
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Ishilove: 4:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
Isn't Esu that spirit that folks offer boiled eggs lathered with palmoil inside black earthenware pots at t-junctions?
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ishilove: Isn't Esu that spirit that folks offer boiled eggs lathered with palmoil inside black earthenware pots at t-junctions?

lol.....if you meet the buddha on the road kill him

Religion has infected spirituality and traditional philosophy.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Ishilove: 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

lol.....if you meet the buddha on the road kill him

Religion has infected spirituality and traditional philosophy.
Stop being a neanderthal. If I meet Buddha on the road, I will ask him some very deep questions rather than plunge an assegai into his heart.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by MrTroll(m): 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
Chibuebem: I'm sorry, but I haven't gotten any evidence of evolution in all you just said. If the evidence is included in what you said above, please point it out clearly. You're saying I'm deluded for believing in God, for being a christian, yet you give me no valid reason not to continue with this God who has changed my life. If you can't give me your evidence of evolution, then all you've just said up there is for nothing.
Did you actually click on any of the links i posted up there? I posted 3 links. One from nairaland where the concept of evolution was soundly discussed by intelligent minds. In that thread you will see a lot of links to the evidence you are hiding from. As for Yahweh, i've not even gotten to that yet but it seems as if you are already sweating it cheesy
The other 2 links actually debunked that nonsense you put up there about a 6000yr old earth. Yes, i clicked your link and laughed my arse off at the pathetic attempts at pseudoscience your genesis friends tried to show.

Random: Just so you know, the Theory of Evolution is not a theory that goes to prove the existence or non existence of any god/gods. It only shows the process by which the entirety of matter on earth have come to be at this present time. . .
That it is called a theory and not a law does not in any way lessen its validity. Put simply a Scientific Law serves as a sort of Cause and Effect phenomena, if A goes left B must go right; that sort of thing while a Scientific Theory purports to show how and why B must go right when A goes left. A scientific theory is all encompassing and is a result of accumulated evidence, accurate predictions and established facts.

Of course, we don't have all the answers at the moment but no serious individual will look at all the evidence and still come to say that evolution is a myth. Only deluded individuals like you, Chibuebem who are scared of doing proper research will still close their eyes and say ignorant things like "the earth is 6000yrs old" "evolution is a myth" "you have blind faith in a theory which is not even a law" etc

You can deny it all you want but it still doesn't change the facts on ground, to wit: Evolution has proven that we evolved from the Hominids, the human population didn't arise from only 2 humans and that the earth is far more than 6000yrs old. Something your deluded brain has refused to accept. I always knew you were incapable of sustaining intelligent discourse for any lenght of time but i was hoping against hope that you would disappoint me for once. For this folly of mine, i think i'll have to call myself a BASKARD!!! angry
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
Mr Troll: Did you actually click on any of the links i posted up there? I posted 3 links. One from nairaland where the concept of evolution was soundly discussed by intelligent minds. In that thread you will see a lot of links to the evidence you are hiding from. As for Yahweh, i've not even gotten to that yet but it seems as if you are already sweating it cheesy
The other 2 links actually debunked that nonsense you put up there about a 6000yr old earth. Yes, i clicked your link and laughed my arse off at the pathetic attempts at pseudoscience your genesis friends tried to show.

Random: Just so you know, the Theory of Evolution is not a theory that goes to prove the existence or non existence of any god/gods. It only shows the process by which the entirety of matter on earth have come to be at this present time. . .
That it is called a theory and not a law does not in any way lessen its validity. Put simply a Scientific Law serves as a sort of Cause and Effect phenomena, if A goes left B must go right; that sort of thing while a Scientific Theory purports to show how and why B must go right when A goes left. A scientific theory is all encompassing and is a result of accumulated evidence, accurate predictions and established facts.

Of course, we don't have all the answers at the moment but no serious individual will look at all the evidence and still come to say that evolution is a myth. Only deluded individuals like you, Chibuebem who are scared of doing proper research will still close their eyes and say ignorant things like "the earth is 6000yrs old" "evolution is a myth" "you have blind faith in a theory which is not even a law" etc

You can deny it all you want but it still doesn't change the facts on ground, to wit: Evolution has proven that we evolved from the Hominids, the human population didn't arise from only 2 humans and that the earth is far more than 6000yrs old. Something your deluded brain has refused to accept. I always knew you were incapable of sustaining intelligent discourse for any lenght of time but i was hoping against hope that you would disappoint me for once. For this folly of mine, i think i'll have to call myself a BASKARD!!! angry
I checked out your links before, didn't see a shred of evidence. You can deny God all you want too...I shoulda listened to ishilove. Battles aren't won by arguing. I'll keep to the message sir. You'll keep to yours until reality dawns in your life. We'll still talk Mr troll, we're friends after all ( grin ) but we won't argue.

Might as well call you a 'BASKARD' too grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by bolaino(m): 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nairaland's a really funny forum, imagine how this topic shifted from me renouncing atheism to a nairalander making a total fool of himself. I believe he knows himself, very unrefined western boy, lacks comprehension, very arrogant, and exudes ignorance, and I love the way the other atheist made a fool out of him.

I don't normally do this, but from the bottom of my heart, some nairalanders should learn to be themselves, be real. Stop trying to prove that u are cool and end up making a fool out of yourself, you need to improve on yourself, but because I know the type of homosapien you are, you would start ranting, anyways I wish u d best,

3 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ishilove:
Stop being a neanderthal. If I meet Buddha on the road, I will ask him some very deep questions rather than plunge an assegai into his heart.

Sorry lady, you picked on the surface. Go get the clearer picture....this is not about killing. Lol
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Sorry lady, you picked on the surface. Go get the clearer picture....this is not about killing. Lol
Folake cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
bolaino: Nairaland's a really funny forum, imagine how this topic shifted from me renouncing atheism to a nairalander making a total fool of himself. I believe he knows himself, very unrefined western boy, lacks comprehension, very arrogant, and exudes ignorance, and I love the way the other atheist made a fool out of him.

I don't normally do this, but from the bottom of my heart, some nairalanders should learn to be themselves, be real. Stop trying to prove that u are cool and end up making a fool out of yourself, you need to improve on yourself, but because I know the type of homosapien you are, you would start ranting, anyways I wish u d best,
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
Larai Boluwaji:
Folake cheesy

Boluwaji.... E kale o omindan

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by wiegraf: 10:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
bolaino: Nairaland's a really funny forum, imagine how this topic shifted from me renouncing atheism to a nairalander making a total fool of himself. I believe he knows himself, very unrefined western boy, lacks comprehension, very arrogant, and exudes ignorance, and I love the way the other atheist made a fool out of him.

This is an impressive display of cowardice and but.thurt
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:51pm On Sep 26, 2013

the bold is like when einstein call there likes PROFESSIONAL ATHEISTS. Lol
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by wiegraf: 11:28pm On Sep 26, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

the bold is like when einstein call there likes PROFESSIONAL ATHEISTS. Lol

What's this, a dumb and dumber routine?

So you concede the obvious at last; you aren't an atheist

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by MrTroll(m): 11:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
Chibuebem: I checked out your links before, didn't see a shred of evidence.
i really can't help you then
You can deny God all you want too
This is the sort of arrogant ignorance that pisses me off. . .anyway...
I shoulda listened to ishilove. Battles aren't won by arguing.
You didn't make any sensible argument. Stop giving yourself undeserved credit.
I'll keep to the message sir.
oh pls. By all means cheesy
You'll keep to yours until reality dawns in your life.
Smh. . .
We'll still talk Mr troll, we're friends after all ( grin ) but we won't argue.
We definitely won't argue again.wink

Might as well call you a 'BASKARD' too grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Yea man, i truly deserve it. embarassed
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 27, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Boluwaji.... E kale o omindan
E kale o.... omo iya mi. A da fun yin
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 27, 2013
wiegraf:

If the cap fits, wear it

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by wiegraf: 2:27am On Sep 27, 2013
Larai Boluwaji:
If the cap fits, wear it

Indeed, but you might be slightly confused. Ever heard of this?

rationalwiki:

The Dunning-Kruger effect occurs when incompetent people not only perform a task poorly or incompetently, but lack the competence to realize their own incompetence at a task and thus consider themselves much more competent than everyone else. Put more crudely, they're too stup.id to realize they're stup.id. The inverse also applies: competent people tend to underestimate their ability compared to others.

If you have no doubts whatsoever about your brilliance, you could just be that damn good. On the other hand...

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by bolaino(m): 6:03am On Sep 27, 2013
wiegraf:

bros, I respect u very much, and it's funny u didn't get my message, read it very well, the message wasn't for u, it was for ur opponent. And it sEems the guy thinks I'm on his side. U showed great intelligence in your posts on this thread, and I respect u more sire.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 27, 2013
Mr Troll: i really can't help you then
This is the sort of arrogant ignorance that pisses me off. . .anyway...
You didn't make any sensible argument. Stop giving yourself undeserved credit.
oh pls. By all means cheesy
Smh. . .
We definitely won't argue again.wink

Yea man, i truly deserve it. embarassed
sorry if I sounded arrogant. I truly am not. Learnt some important lessons yesterday, not from the arguments, learnt lessons from listening to a tape after the argument.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:26am On Sep 27, 2013
wiegraf:

What's this, a dumb and dumber routine?

So you concede the obvious at last; you aren't an atheist

You never want to engage me.....correct yourself and lets deal with the ground. Nairaland atheist.....Lol
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:29am On Sep 27, 2013
Larai Boluwaji:
E kale o.... omo iya mi. A da fun yin

Here im proud to have real yoruba.....not euroba who are lost to far distant land
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by MrTroll(m): 11:36am On Sep 27, 2013
bolaino: bros, I respect u very much, and it's funny u didn't get my message, read it very well, the message wasn't for u, it was for ur opponent. And it sEems the guy thinks I'm on his side. U showed great intelligence in your posts on this thread, and I respect u more sire.
I was suprised too. The message was quite clear, the subtle references and all that. Anyway, your thread has been massively derailed cheesy
sorry ya? tongue

2 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by wiegraf: 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
bolaino: bros, I respect u very much, and it's funny u didn't get my message, read it very well, the message wasn't for u, it was for ur opponent. And it sEems the guy thinks I'm on his side. U showed great intelligence in your posts on this thread, and I respect u more sire.

Oops, no, I missed it completely, as I was in sparta mode, it was thus my turn to see people persecuting me everywhere.... no vex....[s](Also I actually never read @folly's posts, knowing what they're usually filled with, so I had no idea he goes around being an a$$ as well). To think, I actually was going easy on him) [/s]. And the respect is a wee bit misplaced, as I'm an a$$ first, the rest awesome later. Though I can understand that having more respect than @folly does isn't exactly some remarkable achievement, just sayin' smiley

No vex for the derailling, but it's sort of related, and e tire me. So long as one isn't sheeple, he should be free to declare his beliefs imo. How is it another's business? And exactly what's wrong with being a pagan, theist, whatever? Hope it's not shame, abi were our ancestors any more deluded than oyinbos and their tales of men living in fish for 3 days?

Look at d pagan9ja dude, proud of his heritage, beliefs etc. Can accept he's a theist, no issues, nothing wrong with being a theist, yet I'm not sure even he believes tying a bush around his waist = bullet proof. That belief isn't 'philosophy', non of those atheist buddhist or secular xtians, etc, would believe in that nonsense, yet he's afraid to state he's an african theist. What's wrong with that? I hope it's simply an inability to reason, and not shame, but meh..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? / This Is Getting More Funny / Behold, I Am The Lord Of All Flesh: Is The Anything Too Hard For Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.