Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:06 AM

I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (9523 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by alexleo(m): 11:08am On Sep 21, 2013
thehomer:

Is your God now saving non-Christians?

We were all sinners before God saved us. The salvation of God is for everyone who wants and ask for it. If you want and ask God to give you this great salvation, He will. May God help you to do this in Jesus name. Amen
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by thehomer: 11:48am On Sep 21, 2013
alexleo:

We were all sinners before God saved us. The salvation of God is for everyone who wants and ask for it. If you want and ask God to give you this great salvation, He will. May God help you to do this in Jesus name. Amen

In other words, he isn't saving non-Christians.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by beejaay: 11:54am On Sep 21, 2013
Mr Troll: @OP, care to define this GOD that helped you? Because the way these christians here just de jump up and down sef. . .

How you came to be sure that in fact it is a supernatural being that had a hand in whatever fortune you found. This your write up is very vague. Some people don de claim say na their own god o! Clarify abeg
Op Doesn't acknowledge any god,he simply realise the Absoluteness of the One.he simply realize that nothing rili exist outside the One whether muslim,xtian,atheist,theist,agnoist,hindus we are existing within the. Context of the One that is why he won't feelthreatened again by the uttrances of anyone believe because henow realize that notin real can be treathened(with this realization he can accomodate all views and yet not belong to any, the joy accompanied with this state of mind cannot be xplained and dts wat religions called paradise)
@op welcome onboard

2 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by alexleo(m): 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2013
thehomer:

In other words, he isn't saving non-Christians.

A christian is not a sinner and a sinner is not a christian. Simply means he is a non christian. God saves everyone(atheist. Muslim, bhudist, pagan etc). If you want his salvation and ask of it, He will surely give it to you. Forget about people who claim they are christian by mere words of mouth, it is when Jesus comes into your life that you are truly a Christian. To be a christian is to be like Christ.

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by MrTroll(m): 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2013
beejaay:
Op Doesn't acknowledge any god,he simply realise the Absoluteness of the One.he simply realize that nothing rili exist outside the One whether muslim,xtian,atheist,theist,agnoist,hindus we are existing within the. Context of the One that is why he won't feelthreatened again by the uttrances of anyone believe because henow realize that notin real can be treathened(with this realization he can accomodate all views and yet not belong to any, the joy accompanied with this state of mind cannot be xplained and dts wat religions called paradise)
@op welcome onboard
er. . . Are you Bolaino? undecided
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by thehomer: 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2013
alexleo:

A christian is not a sinner and a sinner is not a christian. Simply means he is a non christian. God saves everyone(atheist. Muslim, bhudist, pagan etc). If you want his salvation and ask of it, He will surely give it to you. Forget about people who claim they are christian by me words of mouth, it is when Jesus comes into your life that you are truly a Christian. To be a christian is to be like Christ.

So Muslims, Buddhists, pagans and atheists aren't sinners?
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by jayriginal: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2013
Err OP, you never struck me as an atheist. I mean, you were one of those supporting that spiritual bullet proof nonsense if I remember correct.

Next, when Obadiah started talking of nukes, you got scared.

What it is, is that you have finally decided to settle for a safe position. Nothing wrong with that. Just dont give the impression that you were an atheist. You cant renounce what you never were.

@Striktlymi
a personal appeal to you. PLEASE stop with this "ish" business. Its sickening!

6 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by frank317: 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2013
This is plain horrible!!! Well I know that God is a default state of mind for every good thing that happen to us for those who want it to be so.
You wake up in the morning even with a headache and ur mother dies... It is God that woke u up and ensured u see a new day... But who killed ur mother?
You miss a plain crash that killed 74 people, both babies and kids, it is God that caused u to miss the flight, but who allowed those others not to miss the same flight.
Why would God save u and kill those others? Is it because u are more special? Or u are more rightous? Ok because of his grace? Is his grace not on them?
@op? How was God good to u? Why was he not good to my lovely ex girl (very good and wonderful girl, prayerful and trying to make me churchious) who died in a car crash but good to u. Why did he choose u despite ur disbelieve, but not to my late pastor who died at a young age leaving his immature kids and young wife?

8 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by MrTroll(m): 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2013
Make una leave OP jare. Whatever helps him sleep at night. . .

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by alexleo(m): 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
thehomer:

So Muslims, Buddhists, pagans and atheists aren't sinners?

Pls re-read my post again.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Mintayo(m): 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2013
frank3.16:
This is plain horrible!!! Well I know that God is a default state of mind for every good thing that happen to us for those who want it to be so.
You wake up in the morning even with a headache and ur mother dies... It is God that woke u up and ensured u see a new day... But who killed ur mother?
You miss a plain crash that killed 74 people, both babies and kids, it is God that caused u to miss the flight, but who allowed those others not to miss the same flight.
Why would God save u and kill those others? Is it because u are more special? Or u are more rightous? Ok because of his grace? Is his grace not on them?

I dnt know how we ppl think this days,why do you always blame God for everything huh?
Even when a plane is filled with adulterated fuel and crash eventually,you will still blame God for that?
When you eat junks in an eatery and start purging,it is God at fault abi?
Your speedmeter reads 200km/hr and u eventually have an accidents,na God u go blame abi?
I always thought athiest are good thinkers,no?
Like i said before,not that athiest dnt believe there is a God,they r just too PROUD to admit it(PRIDE,just like satan)...they want God to be as human,think like human,reason like them,talk like them,eat with them,joke with...smh...God is God,what u think doesnt matter.
In school today,we v chased God away,we say we dnt want God even when He so much want to fellowship n come to us,yet we reject Him,and we complain when cultists kill,when ppl are murdered,no,we just blame God for that,why can't He collect the gun or stop d bullets from coming out.
In media,we sent God out,we said we dnt want Him and God being as gentle as He is forcing no man obeys and leaves,instead we embrace nudity,lust,obscene ad,obscene songs;now homosexuals,rape,imorality is on d increase...em em,who are we to blame,na God nw,huh?
In our homes,God so much want to dine with us,fellowship with us,but no,we say we dnt want him,we sent him packing,instead barrenness,infidelity, divorce,seperation,adultery,wayward children,even death come in,who is at fault,na God now...
God so much want to show Himself to us,He so much want a fellowship with us,what it will take is just to swallow PRIDE and invite Him.
@Op,i pray God will help you and guide you to the truth.

9 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by MrTroll(m): 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2013
^^^
funny how, when something bad happens you guys find a perfectly reasonable explanation but when its a good thing. . . GOD DID IT!
Meanwhile he's supposed to be omniscient o! Lol

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by plaetton: 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2013
@Op.

That story sounds familiar. So great things happened to your and you attribute it to God. By the way, which God? Because, if for example , you say that Allah revealed it you, many christians here would disown that revelation. If you say it was Amadioha or Shango or any of the Hindu Gods, they would do same.
So, in this case I suspect , as usual, you have custom built it to suit your own worldview.

Also, I want to ask, If perchance you had suffered misfortunes or the opposites of what you had sen recently, would you have also made similar or different conclusions about God revealing himself to you?.

So, my other question is: Since god revealed himself to you and not you neighbor , can you agree that god is customized for every worldview, every prejudice, every need and every mental state?

Well, anything that makes you a good citizen of the world is a credit to humanity.
But the problem of carrying the burden of God is that any all aspects of your life may now be viewed from the prism of God. "God did this, God did that, God wants this , God wants that." , and disappointments or misfortunes in your life may now be seen as evidence of Gods dispeasure with you.
That is a heavy burden to carry.

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by thehomer: 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
alexleo:

Pls re-read my post again.

Maybe you should re-read your post.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by plaetton: 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2013
Mintayo:

I dnt know how we ppl think this days,why do you always blame God for everything huh?
Even when a plane is filled with adulterated fuel and crash eventually,you will still blame God for that?
Your speedmeter reads 200km/hr and u eventually have an accidents,na God u go blame abi?
Like i said before,not that athiest dnt believe there is a God,they r just too PROUD to admit it(PRIDE,just like satan)...they want God to be as human,think like human,reason like them,talk like them,eat with them,joke with...smh...God is God,what u think doesnt matter.
In school today,we v chased God away,we say we dnt want God even when He so much want to fellowship n come to us,yet we reject Him,and we complain when cultists kill,when ppl are murdered,no,we just blame God for that,why can't He collect the gun or stop d bullets from coming out.
In media,we sent God out,we said we dnt want Him and God being as gentle as He is forcing no man obeys and leaves,instead we embrace nudity,lust,obscene ad,obscene songs;now homosexuals,rape,imorality is on d increase...em em,who are we to blame,na God nw,huh?
In our homes,God so much want to dine with us,fellowship with us,but no,we say we dnt want him,we sent him packing,instead barrenness,infidelity, divorce,seperation,adultery,wayward children,even death come in,who is at fault,na God now...
God so much want to show Himself to us,He so much want a fellowship with us,what it will take is just to swallow PRIDE and invite Him.

We chased god away?
I thought god was supposed to be omnipotent and omnipresent.

You are trying to push the false hood that bad things happen because people have rejected the notion of god. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Doesn't Nigeria contradict everything you have just written?.

Why did god create germs and viruses to harm and kill both godly people and non-godly people?

2 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by ooman(m): 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
Even a mosquito might think it is favored anytime it could suck your blood without getting hit.

Because a few good things happened to you, you therefore think god exist? then you haven't been an atheist/agnostic or whatever you claim, you were just angry at your god because some bad things happened to you, and now that he's paid you some bribe, you are even again.

Logic and reason rules atheism, not a few good experiences, and logic and reason drive you into atheism, not some bad experiences.

You are not therefore missed in the atheistic community.

Goodbye, good riddance and enjoy your hallucinations and delusions.

#Another deluded fellow.

6 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by frank317: 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2013
Mintayo:

Did I blame God for anything in my post? Did u actually read what I posted?
Isn't u religous folks that blame God for everything? When I lost my beloved mum what did religous folks tell me... God knows the best.
How did I blame God for anything?
When u drive car at full speed and u end up having an accident, won't you give testimony and say God saved u? But if the accident had caused a loss of life will u still say God did anything?
I was only presenting my case in form of question.
If u miss a flight weather the fuel was adulterated and the flight ends up crashing, will u say God saved u? But because u are not in anyway connected to the flight u might blame the crash on adulterated fuel.
Answer me, all these people that give testimony on how they survived accidednt, wasn't the driver over speeding? Didn't they still say God rescued them?
Who is driving God away? Please what was paul doing before he encountered God in the bible? Was he praying and inviting God the day God revealed himself to him?

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by ooman(m): 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2013
And just to tell you that you never stopped believing in myths, remember you believe in juju bullet prove? So pls, dont stain the freethinking community by calling yourself an atheist or agnostic.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Judas2013: 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
bolaino: My journey towards self actualization has taken me to different paths, in my quest for a better understanding of the problems of mankind, I have read lots of books and practiced one or two religions, but after a while I later believed all religions were the same, and that really there was no concrete evidence for the existence of a supreme being God,

And being in the health care sector, and seeing all sorts of innocent people suffering and dying from different diseases, I believed that there was no God, cos if there was a God, he would help the innocent people, this and other reasons, pushed me into atheism/agnosticism, And to make matters worse the christian community were giving me more reasons not to believe in their God, cos after careful study and research of the bible, I discovered like many atheists that the bible is a book filled with contradictions and errors, and at such should not be taken seriously.

But to cut the long story short, for the past few months I have seen the hand of God in my life, (I'm sorry muskeetoo, logicboy and all my good atheist friends on here) the lord has shown me his mercies in ways I could never imagine, he has favored and blessed me unimaginably, even when he/she/it (I don't know what gender God is) knows about my atheistic views and how I have mocked the Gods in the bible and quran, but still the lord has been faithful,

As from this moment, I rededicate my life to God, I renounce atheism and agnosticism, I embrace God, and I welcome him into my life,

Atheism is not bad, cos I believe that God created us to be inquisitive, and atheism is as a result of Man's inquisitive nature, and I urge my atheist brothers everywhere, to continue being critics of religion and God, one day he/she/it, will reveal himself/herself/itself to you, I am not saying I belong to any religion right now, I still think christianity sucks, but I now believe in God, I believe God shapes our destinies and makes things happen to fit his reasons, and God knows best, I will no longer write or make statements to insult any God of any religion, be it obadiah's armageddon God or logicboy's flying spaghetti monster, lol. I am now a new man,

I hope my atheist brothers do not find this disappointing, but this is a personal decision that I have come to after careful reasoning, I love you guys, muskeetooo, logicboy, plaethon, ooman, wiegraf, folykaze, ifeness, pagan9ja, etc, u guys are wonderful people, keep the atheism flag flying and I pray that your quest for knowledge would lead you to the realization of the existence of God.

NAMASTE!!!

Back into the hand of yahweh the imaginary god
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:49pm On Sep 21, 2013
@ bolaino.

Your hindu babe don turn the other side to you eh?

I read little about hinduism and other eastern belief. I can remember I got stuck at chakras cuz I dont really understand any bit of it. I hail you because you give your mind the strength to journey through the path of life. It a long one which I think can never be finish. Just walk at your strength and be happy.

Cheers bro

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Mintayo(m): 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2013
plaetton:

We chased god away?
I thought god was supposed to be omnipotent and omnipresent.

You are trying to push the false hood that bad things happen because people have rejected the notion of god. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Doesn't Nigeria contradict everything you have just written?.

Why did god create germs and viruses to harm and kill both godly people and non-godly people?
i don't actually expect u to understand.
Yes God is ominpresent and omnipotent,but this does not mean He will force himself on people,i am sure u ppl will cry fowl if He does!

God is everywhere and He sees all things but He will not go where He is not wanted,He wants people to come to Him,yet He will not interfare unless we invite Him,unless we call upon Him-this is my point!
Most of the Bad things that happens,it is because we allowed them!
Which germs and viruses killed both godly and ungodly? How do germs kill both godly and ungodly?
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by MrTroll(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2013
Mintayo:
Yes God is ominpresent and omnipotent,but this does not mean He will force himself on people,i am sure u ppl will cry fowl if He does!

God is everywhere and He sees all things but He will not go where He is not wanted,He wants people to come to Him,yet He will not interfare unless we invite Him,unless we call upon Him-this is my point!
Which germs and viruses killed both godly and ungodly? How do germs kill both godly and ungodly?
at this juncture, i think its safe to unfollow this thread now. . .

Or not! angry
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by ooman(m): 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2013
Mintayo:

your statements are contradictory,

if god is everywhere, then he is both where he is wanted and where not...

if god does not interfere, why burn down sodom and gomorrha for their sins?

if god does not force people on him, why threaten us with hell

xtians die of malaria and aids right? that's the germ he's talking about.

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Mintayo(m): 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2013
frank3.16:

Did I blame God for anything in my post? Did u actually read what I posted?
Isn't u religous folks that blame God for everything? When I lost my beloved mum what did religous folks tell me... God knows the best.
How did I blame God for anything?
When u drive car at full speed and u end up having an accident, won't you give testimony and say God saved u? But if the accident had caused a loss of life will u still say God did anything?
I was only presenting my case in form of question.
If u miss a flight weather the fuel was adulterated and the flight ends up crashing, will u say God saved u? But because u are not in anyway connected to the flight u might blame the crash on adulterated fuel.
Answer me, all these people that give testimony on how they survived accidednt, wasn't the driver over speeding? Didn't they still say God rescued them?
Who is driving God away? Please what was paul doing before he encountered God in the bible? Was he praying and inviting God the day God revealed himself to him?
you don not understand my post,do you?
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Mintayo(m): 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
Mr Troll: at this juncture, i think its safe to unfollow this thread now. . .

Or not! angry
lolz,dnt worry,i will do the same too,pretty sooncheesy
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by plaetton: 3:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
Mintayo:

What ? God does not force himself on people?
God does not go where he is not wanted?
Thats a new one. Ha ha ha.

No wonder he has taken up residence in Nigeria.

Mintayo:

Really?
So earthquakes and hurricanes, desert encroachment, droughts and famines happen because we allow them to happen?.
Na wa for you.
Mintayo:

I guess you have never been to a hospital, suffered maleria or seen the obituaries of godly people.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Mintayo(m): 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2013
ooman:

your statements are contradictory
yes,to you.

if god is everywhere, then he is both where he is wanted and where not...
are u expecting God to behave as human?cuz i dnt think i understand u here...

if god does not interfere, why burn down sodom and gomorrha for their sins?
why did he save lot and his family?

if god does not force people on him, why threaten us with hell
he didn't threaten you with hell,you will go to hell because you CHOOSE to,He has already provided an escape route.

xtians die of malaria and aids right? that's the germ he's talking about.
hiv causes aids right? How did human being come about aids? How did humans contacted aids?
Was it God that put it in human in the first place??
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Mintayo(m): 3:38pm On Sep 21, 2013
ooman:

never should have engaged you, your dumbness irk me...
sorry about that man,i can see that i really disappointed u.smiley
i cnt just allow pride to rule my heart.smiley

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by MrTroll(m): 4:46pm On Sep 21, 2013
Hehehehe. Sometimes i don't know whether to laugh or cry. The way some people de reason sha. . .
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by bolaino(m): 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
ninja4life: Dont know wat to say,can u please explain how u know dat wat u are experiencing is d hand of God and wat makes u think so.and also can u pls give us a hint of how dis God u still dont know much about blessed u.hav u developed any relationship with dis God.i will also lik to know after u urself experiencing God wat can u say about him/her/it.i will be glad if u can answer my questions cos i'm really curious
I've seen the hand of God in my life, and it's very visible that I can not deny it.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by rastamouse: 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
bolaino: I've seen the hand of God in my life, and it's very visible that I can not deny it.

This is the first step. The HOLY SPIRIT will do the rest. I suggest that all x'tians here should leave bola alone for now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? / God the father, son (Jesus Christ) & Holy Spirit is the only true God / Nairaland Multidenominational Online Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.