Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,216 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:55 AM

I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (9525 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2013
grin

LogicBoy is next unless shame and Arrogance dey hook am !!!

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2013
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by italo: 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2013
@ OP, you must have shown tremendous courage to humble yourself and open yourself up to God.

Now, you must keep moving. Never fear. God doesnt just want you to know that he exists. He wants an intimate relationship with you.

A good thing you are a good reader. If I could advise, I would say: read about all religions you can and all sects within each religion. Do not read what other people say but authoritative sources of the religion. Read the Catechism of the Catholic Church last.

...if I can advice.

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by bolaino(m): 7:06pm On Sep 21, 2013
beejaay:
Op Doesn't acknowledge any god,he simply realise the Absoluteness of the One.he simply realize that nothing rili exist outside the One whether muslim,xtian,atheist,theist,agnoist,hindus we are existing within the. Context of the One that is why he won't feelthreatened again by the uttrances of anyone believe because henow realize that notin real can be treathened(with this realization he can accomodate all views and yet not belong to any, the joy accompanied with this state of mind cannot be xplained and dts wat religions called paradise)
@op welcome onboard
thanks mann, u just explained exactly how I feel mann, thanks mann,

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by noblefada: 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
Congrats I'm happy for you for taking a step to at least wanting to know God, but I advise to you go all out for him, because He waiting for you! why not spend time getting to know him, ask for understanding and do what Uyi Iredia is doing, read the bible for yourself, the truth remains that many xtians don't know the bible as much a they ought to, and you previous understand of God was base on ignorance. For instance it is wrong to attribute sickness and disease to God because He is not the one responsible.
Now that you have a new mind set, get to know God for yourself and I know there are folks here who can help u out, esp concerning the said contradiction. Wish u all the best. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by plaetton: 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2013
bolaino: I've seen the hand of God in my life, and it's very visible that I can not deny it.
Yeah. But why you, and not the countless unfortunate masses, who, by the end of today, will meet one calamity or another?

Why has god not shown his hand to the millions of Syrians who have seen help over the past two years?
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by italo: 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Why not the history of the catholic church?

Evil brainwasher

I believe every adult knows the difference between history and doctrine.

Anyway, the history would also be extremely helpful...provided you dont read our history as told by our enemies.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by SeaSalt: 8:21pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ok Bolaino, I hear you.
But, which God are you acknowledging now, because there are various gods?
I want to believe that it the Jesus Christ one, otherwise, you still have to find the right door in your quest.

While I was never an atheist, mine was blindly following Satan through practising occult and dark arts. Either that or any other belief system that does not rest on the foundation of Jesus Christ is still a false foundation or should I call it a sinking sand base?

God Bless

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 21, 2013
bahahahahaha Bolaino no wan chop nukes for breakfast. welcome back to your senses sire, and most importantly this is not a religion grin grin wink

4 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by frank317: 9:42pm On Sep 21, 2013
Mintayo:
you don not understand my post,do you?

Rather u didnt understand my post. U accused me of blaming God for bad events. I didnt. I only asked, if i wake up in the morning and find out my christian mum is dead, should i give God d Glory for being alive? If i do that, who should i blame for the death of my mum? If i thank God for being alive, then dont u think he should also be blamed for not savin me when i die?
I asked, is God a default causer of every good thing that happens on earth? Even to good and bad people.
If he does good things (like wake us up in the morning) to good and bad people, why does bad still happen to good and bad pple. Or does he sometimes take a break?
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2013
@ OP, that is all welll and good. but remove my name from your post. I am not an atheist.

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
@ OP, that is all welll and good. but remove my name from your post. I am not an atheist.
grin grin grin what are ya ? an amadioha worshipper ? cheesy
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin what are ya ? an amadioha worshipper ? cheesy

ofcourse. cool

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Ishilove: 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2013
Emusan:

You're welcome Sir, but I'm not after religion rather after the salvation of your soul. Thank God for that anyway.....

Shalom!
And with that salvation shall come a peace that passeth all understanding... smiley
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Ishilove: 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2013
ninja4life: Dont know wat to say,can u please explain how u know dat wat u are experiencing is d hand of God and wat makes u think so.and also can u pls give us a hint of how dis God u still dont know much about blessed u.hav u developed any relationship with dis God.i will also lik to know after u urself experiencing God wat can u say about him/her/it.i will be glad if u can answer my questions cos i'm really curious
He doesn't have to expain anything because we all connect to God in different ways. It's a personal thing that cannot really be explained. God cannot be boxed into the confines of the 'rational' mind. His own level of connection might be different from the next person's own, so asking him to explain might not give you the answers you seek. Not unless you experience it yourself

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by An0nimus: 10:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
@OP May you encounter more of God. amen.

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
frank3.16:

Rather u didnt understand my post. U accused me of blaming God for bad events. I didnt. I only asked, if i wake up in the morning and find out my christian mum is dead, should i give God d Glory for being alive? If i do that, who should i blame for the death of my mum? If i thank God for being alive, then dont u think he should also be blamed for not savin me when i die?
I asked, is God a default causer of every good thing that happens on earth? Even to good and bad people.
If he does good things (like wake us up in the morning) to good and bad people, why does bad still happen to good and bad pple. Or does he sometimes take a break?
U see, U have already been created and embedded with ''Intelligence''i.e some kinda Algorthm so as for you to distinguish between Good and Bad ...... !!!

The Good u earned is brought by urself while the bad U earned is brought by urself ....... !!!

Every living thing has already been embedded with ''Death'' even Non-Living thing will at some point be useless (expired) !!!

But as a result of interraction with fellow Human, some certain nasty occurence will befall U which can be allowed to happen or subjectively waived for U !!! ....... The subjectivity of occurence [/b]in your Life depend upon your [b]holistic interraction with your God and not by HYPOCRITICAL and don't even think your faith will not be tested via some certain examinations which could involve anything !!!

Believing in God is not worldly affairs but End-Time-Game (Judgement Day) where each soul shall be rewarded what it deserves !!!
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by frank317: 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2013
donroxy:
U see, U have already been created and embedded with ''Intelligence''i.e some kinda Algorthm so as for you to distinguish between Good and Bad ...... !!!

The Good u earned is brought by urself while the bad U earned is brought by urself ....... !!!

Every living thing has already been embedded with ''Death'' even Non-Living thing will at some point be useless (expired) !!!

But as a result of interraction with fellow Human, some certain nasty occurence will befall U which can be allowed to happen or subjectively waived for U !!! ....... The subjectivity of occurence [/b]in your Life depend upon your [b]holistic interraction with your God and not by HYPOCRITICAL and don't even think your faith will not be tested via some certain examinations which could involve anything !!!

Believing in God is not worldly affairs but End-Time-Game (Judgement Day) where each soul shall be rewarded what it deserves !!!

Thank u, i think this is all i want to hear, the rest makes No sense to me
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 22, 2013
I never really think u are an atheist in the first place, followed some of ur argument s in the past.
anyway, good luck with your new found self
shalom
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Hemical: 1:15am On Sep 22, 2013
LOOOOOOL. Why the fuss?

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by beejaay: 1:54am On Sep 22, 2013
bolaino: thanks mann, u just explained exactly how I feel mann, thanks mann,
Welcome bros. If u have free time try and get your hand on the poem TAO TE CHING its a 81 verse and its written by LAO TZU(its the most sacred of all taoism books and I promise u that u will love it), the book is an eye opener and also a book called A COURSE IN MIRACLE.this two books didn't say anything but yet they say everything( they are both abstract book and only a calm an discerning mind can understand and see through their abstractness)

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by italo: 6:32am On Sep 22, 2013
frank3.16:

First things first...how do you define "good" and "evil?"
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 22, 2013
italo:

First things first...how do you define "good" and "evil?"

Do catholics like you not adhere to a dictionary definition of good and evil?

Stop asking silly questions and face Frank's argument like a man
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by italo: 6:50am On Sep 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Do catholics like you not adhere to a dictionary definition of good and evil?

Stop asking silly questions and face Frank's argument like a man

He is talking on the premise that we all know and agree on the definition of good and evil. A false premise.

So to prove that, I ask: what is the definition of good and evil?
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by bolaino(m): 7:24am On Sep 22, 2013
I want to appreciate everybody that has been encouraging in one way or the other, to all my atheist brethren who think that being an atheist/agnostic makes u superior than others u are wrong, atheism is a just a path that leads to better enlightenment both spiritually and physically.

@ooman, lol, I wonder why u feel angry, any which way, I've left atheism and agnosticism for good, u guys should make the best of it. And I wish u all the best.

@plaethon, boss, if I tell u that I can really explain what led to this change I would be lying, I don't know why God allows evil to happen to Good people, and why even good happening to evil people, I am not God. And I am not a spirit. But what I know is that the ways of God are not our ways, we are humans and we would definitely see things from a human perspective. God is a spirit. And I feel he/she/it knows better,

I'm not saying that u guys should just take everything that happens as the will of God, No, rather ask questions, God in his infinite wisdom will surely give you answers, I emplore my atheist brethren to be steadfast in their quest for enlightenment. But you should also be more tolerant of other people's views and religions, whether u thinks it's true or not.

NAMASTE!!!

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by bolaino(m): 7:32am On Sep 22, 2013
italo:

He is talking on the premise that we all know and agree on the definition of good and evil. A false premise.

So to prove that, I ask: what is the definition of good and evil?
well from my point of view, Good and evil is a universal concept, in nearly all cultures there are similarities between their idea of Good and evil, but as cultures and traditions are subject to change with time, the concepts of Good and evil has been misinterpreted whether deliberately or otherwise, but it still doesn't change what the natural and spiritual worlds think of Good and evil. These are universal concepts.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 22, 2013
frank3.16:

Thank u, i think this is all i want to hear, the rest makes No sense to me

Exactly,it won't make sense to U simply because they are words beyond your sense !!!
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 22, 2013
It is ok to go back to religion,but which of the gods are you worshiping? Zeus,yahweh, lucifer,Baal,Amen Ra.... There are a lot of them living on other planet and solar system. Most of them are dead anyway. Good luck!
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Delafruita(m): 8:11am On Sep 22, 2013
bolaino: lol, hinduism appeals more to me. It's all about a way of life and a relationship with the supreme, anywhich way u want to go about that relationship is between u and your God. I'm spiritual,
hinduism is the most diverse and confusing religion ever invented.its a wonder anyone will choose to embrace it as a new convert.so many choices to be made is almost every area.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Delafruita(m): 8:15am On Sep 22, 2013
Ishilove:
He doesn't have to expain anything because we all connect to God in different ways. It's a personal thing that cannot really be explained. God cannot be boxed into the confines of the 'rational' mind. His own level of connection might be different from the next person's own, so asking him to explain might not give you the answers you seek. Not unless you experience it yourself
who is God in this context?I am certain jehovah will be at odds with been boxed into the same category with either of vishnua,brahma or shakti.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Is Getting More Funny / What Do You Feel About Black Jesus? / What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.