Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,384 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

A Lecture For Atheists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Lecture For Atheists (7942 Views)

Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists / Questions For Atheists!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by nnofaith: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Even you Tex, I find it dubious how christians become so agreeable with muslims when debating the existence of God!

Is Allah the same with Yahweh?
Do you believe the world was created by Allah? Or did they work together?
yes it was a "collabo" thing 2 "Gees" laying down the tracks.

gangster style.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
Good work my brothers in the "lord". The wilfully ignorant poster has been debunked and his arguments shred into pieces.

Better luck next time op. Think properly before you post trash next time.

1 Like

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Even you Tex, I find it dubious how christians become so agreeable with muslims when debating the existence of God!

If you even read texs argument properly, all she did was to use the "you too" fallacy. Someone accused the OP of confirmation bias and all tex had to say is, "Atheists do the same too."

Even if we agree atheists do the same which isnt even true, does that justify the op's use of confirmation bias?

Like I said initially, christians and muslims can hardly debate without resorting to the "you too" fallacy. Thats the same tactic they tend to employ when debating atheists

1 Like

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by DeepSight(m): 2:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
plaetton:

These talks of the improbability of this and improbability of that stems from a lack of real understanding of statistical analysis.

If you had any idea of probabilities and "statistical analysis" you would not be an atheist.

You would see the stark, dim witted f.oolishness therein.

The epileptic insanity, even.

1 Like

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by ooman(m): 2:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
Deep Sight:

If you had any idea of probabilities and "statistical analysis" you would not be an atheist.

You would see the stark, dim witted f.oolishness therein.

The epileptic insanity, even.

It will be great if you can point out the insanity in atheism

and its just alarming that you, who had made a choice and is certain about his view of deism, can claim any understanding of statistical analysis against someone with an open mind, who made no claim or certainty about existence of deities.

2 Likes

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by texanomaly(f): 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Why not me? Have you ever seen me discriminate anywhere on NL because of someone's beliefs/religion? If something makes sense. It makes sense no matter who it comes from. Even our resident Satanist only gets a smh from me, because I respect his right to believe as he will.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by DeepSight(m): 2:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
ooman:

It will be great if you can point out the insanity in atheism

It is insane to hold that mind arose from matter.

Or even to claim ignorance that mind arises from mind.

It is insane to deny design in living creatures.

It is insane to hold that the particles constitute the being, and not that the being utilizes the particles.

It is insane to deny cause.

It is insane to claim ignorance of the laws of motion and thermodynamics, and their relevance to the cosmological discussion on the existence of God.

It is insane to deploy religious absurdities as the basis for rejecting a philosophical and cosmological supposition.

It is insane to behold the world, and all that rests therein: and repeatedly say: there is no proof, not a shred of evidence, no proof at all . . .
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by ooman(m): 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
Deep Sight:

It is insane to hold that mind arose from matter.

Or even to claim ignorance that mind arises from mind.

It is insane to deny design in living creatures.

It is insane to hold that the particles constitute the being, and not that the being utilizes the particles.

It is insane to deny cause.

It is insane to claim ignorance of the laws of motion and thermodynamics, and their relevance to the cosmological discussion on the existence of God.

It is insane to deploy religious absurdities as the basis for rejecting a philosophical and cosmological supposition.

It is insane to behold the world, and all that rests therein: and repeatedly say: there is no proof, not a shred of evidence, no proof at all . . .

Is there any evidence for any mind not based on matter?

Does a human baby's mind come from his parents, or does he develop his? And does mind replicate or does 2 mindless half cells develop into a complete mindful being?

Design is never denied. The mechanism of its existence is what is in question.

Nature has natural causes. No one deny causes in nature.

It is insane to claim a perfect being as the creator of an imperfect world.

If only you can tell of how nature proves the existence of a particular god, or how you think your deistic view makes this starter of nature intelligent.

1 Like

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by DeepSight(m): 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
ooman:

It is insane to claim a perfect being as the creator of an imperfect world.

Where in my post did you see the word "perfect"?

Please don't make assumptions or project ideas that I have not expressed unto me.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
9jadelta: when I was small, I remember how my pastor use to say, it is impossible for science to know the depth of oceans (thats why god is all powerful) today we have several cables passing thru these same oceans.. everyone can determine the depth now.
I'm sure there r people like u that would have said it's impossible for humans to fly when the wright brothers were trying to build plane, today we have done more than flying, we have been to the moon.
today, you communicate with people at the end of earth, to places you never thought existed with just a button. im very sure only god and witches could that before.
u claimed to be fan of science but underestimate its power.
the fact that u cant determine when u sleep doesnt mean it is impossible. im very sure the fact that we cant determine when u sleep right now is because knowing it wont aid human survival in anyway.

I am not your pastor obviously.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by ooman(m): 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
Deep Sight:

Where in my post did you see the word "perfect"?

Please don't make assumptions or project ideas that I have not expressed unto me.

Sorry, i assumed you also believe your god was perfect. I did not know you believe in an imperfect god. My apologies.

1 Like

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
cold: Oh ok i get it now. It smacks of unintelligence to claim your believe in nothing. But it is perfectly sensible & intelligent to claim your god came from nothing. Yeah seems legit,makes perfect sense

That is your claim. My claim is that God is the source of everything.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by DeepSight(m): 3:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
ooman:

Sorry, i assumed you also believe your god was perfect. I did not know you believe in an imperfect god. My apologies.

I have not touched on the topic at all. Do not project. I have not even said I believe in an imperfect God.

Just don't take religious notions of God and project them on to me please.

I do not subscribe to any religion, thank you.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by ooman(m): 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
Deep Sight:

I have not touched on the topic at all. Do not project. I have not even said I believe in an imperfect God.

Just don't take religious notions of God and project them on to me please.

I do not subscribe to any religion, thank you.

once again my apologies, now touch on my other responses, especial that concerning the mind.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Actually God exists independently of what you believe or say. The meaning is that whatever you choose to call him does not affect him. #LOL

It is a little bit like asking whether the glass is half-empty or half-full. The glass and its content remain constant regardless of your arguments.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by ooman(m): 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
maclatunji:

Actually God exists independently of what you believe or say. The meaning is that whatever you choose to call him does not affect him. #LOL

It is a little bit like asking whether the glass is half-empty or half-full. The glass and its content remain constant regardless of your arguments.

at least there is a glass and water to view, where is your god?

2 Likes

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by DeepSight(m): 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
ooman:

Where are you?
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
ooman:

Since you also claim your god does not have a creator, each time you make such statement, you insult your god as nothing.

Hope your logic become clear to you now.

And this is no lecture for atheists, this is a show of your ignorance.

Hahahahaa... your logic would be valid if I claimed there are many Gods as there are many of you up to the point that you can reproduce.

I claim that God is the source of everything and is one of a kind that cannot be replicated.

#Tryagain
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: 9jadelta, don't believe his nonsense that science can't determine when you sleep. The sleep detection technology is actually very old. Infact it is very common today that some luxury cars have it fixed so they warn when the driver starts to doze off.
In hospitals, they can fit a machine on you that can tell them almost everything about how you sleep: when you sleep, how deep you sleep, your sleep breathing rate, what part of your brain is active, etc, etc, etc.

You cannot determine the exact moment for example to say: I slept at 10pm last night is impossible, anybody that claims to know is simply estimating. You could go to bed at 10pm but actual time of drifting into sleep is impossible to tell.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by ooman(m): 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
Deep Sight:

Where are you?

am here, wanna see me? Could post pictures! After you post that of your god.

2 Likes

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by ooman(m): 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
maclatunji:

Hahahahaa... your logic would be valid if I claimed there are many Gods as there are many of you up to the point that you can reproduce.

I claim that God is the source of everything and is one of a kind that cannot be replicated.

#Tryagain

being the source of everything doesnt exclude him from being sourced. Just as being a parent doesnt exclude one from being born, so you still make zero sense.

You try again.

1 Like

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
ooman:

Hahahaha... This guy wants to take us back to "seeing is believing". I will tackle better debaters.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
ooman:

being the source of everything doesnt exclude him from being sourced. Just as being a parent doesnt exclude one from being born, so you still make zero sense.

You try again.

Say He God is one
God is He on whom all depends
He begets not nor was He begotten
And none is like him

Source: The Quran, Chapter 112.

The guy that wants a description of God should take note.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by ooman(m): 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
maclatunji:

Say He God is one
And none is like him

and now he quotes the quran. Is that supposed to make any difference or exclude his god from being sourced?

1 Like

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by ooman(m): 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2013
maclatunji:

Hahahaha... This guy wants to take us back to "seeing is believing". I will tackle better debaters.

you are the one who started the half glass analogy not me
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by cyrexx: 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
ooman:

and now he quotes the quran. Is that supposed to make any difference or exclude his god from being sourced?

I don't think the guy comprehends what you are saying.

4 Likes

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2013
rationalmind: Good work my brothers in the "lord". The wilfully ignorant poster has been debunked and his arguments shred into pieces.

Better luck next time op. Think properly before you post trash next time.

Really? Go to the bank tomorrow to cash a cheque on it... #LOL
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
ooman:

you are the one who started the half glass analogy not me

Of course I did, that does not mean you should excitedly and eagerly miss the point and even expect me to debate with you based on your lack of comprehension of my post.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
maclatunji:

Say He God is one
And none is like him

Fall back.

I though you were going to tell us her characteristics. Your god I mean. You sure it's a he?

1 Like

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
Obviously, I cannot live on this thread but I promise to come-in to address the better arguments from the posts of those who disagree with me. #Godwilling
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
maclatunji: Obviously, I cannot live on this thread but I promise to come-in to address the better arguments from the posts of those who disagree with me. #Godwilling

Soldier of allah runs away calling names.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
It is telling that to have discussions about your doubts on evolution, you have to leave your cave and seek out intelligent minds here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo A Freemason Or The Architect Who Constructed Most Of His Church / When The Grace Of GOD Becomes A Roller-coaster To Hell. / Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.