Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,670 members, 7,809,536 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? (21164 Views)

The Allegory Of Adam And Eve / No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins / The Man Who Saw Adam,abel,lot And Jonah (the Call) Must Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
philfearon:
What i mean is:
Have you no Thing to Say on The Topic?
oh ok like is it an allegory or a real story ? of course it is an allegory. isnt it obvious ? you ever seen a man live in a fish for 3 days ?

2 Likes

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by philfearon(m): 1:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: oh ok like is it an allegory or a real story ? of course it is an allegory. isnt it obvious ? you ever seen a man live in a fish for 3 days ?
I see!!
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by tosinajeyahoocom: 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2013
is it true that your father impregnated your mother?
If soo their is no need of answering your question about jonah because the eye witnesses are no more.

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by mcfynest(m): 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
philfearon:
I see!!

yea....

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by SIRKOL(m): 1:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:

It was a very big fish. But seriously do you really believe that crap? Stop and think for a minute. How can someone be swallowed in a fish and live in it? How big do you think Jonah was that he would live in a fish?

You take this as evidence of God working in mysterious ways? Consider this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1pCudKUIRg
my dear, the power of God is beyond human comprehension so wat u r saying is out of place!! I guess if u have heard dat a powerful Juju man from Benin did such u would hv belvd without doubt

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Janeify(f): 1:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
if you ask me,na who i go ask??
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Janeify(f): 1:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
[quote
author=thehomer]

It was a very big fish. But seriously do you really believe that crap?
Stop and think for a minute. How can someone be swallowed in a fish and
live in it? How big do you think Jonah was that he would live in a fish?

You take this as evidence of God working in mysterious ways? Consider
this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1pCudKUIRg[/quote]

you term the word of God as *crap* smh 4 u because you are already doomed
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by emmybliz(m): 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
Image123:

Well, we have no reason to believe it was a special fish. Wat we are told is that God was involved, GOD had prepared a fish. God is the special one. When the donkey spake, when the animals came to Adam to be named, when the animals came to Noah's ark, when the bush was on fire nd was not burned, when the Red Sea parted, it was not because they were special,it was because the special God was involved.
God bless you bro#

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by tosnat: 1:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
Unfollowing this thread....
Would rather praise GOD than spend time arguing about an established cause..
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by drdams: 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
U sound more lyk a philosophical bible analyst.
obadiah777: oh ok like is it an allegory or a real story ? of course it is an allegory. isnt it obvious ? you ever seen a man live in a fish for 3 days ?

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by emmabest2000(m): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
dr dams:
just Curious the kind of Fish it would have been. God works in a Mysterious way cos this beat scientific theories and its definately not a Whale..

Or is it a Story that has underlying meaning using the Sea, Jonah & the fish as a case study?
are u ok ?

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
dr dams: U sound more lyk a philosophical bible analyst.
not really. the secret to unraveling the allegories ? is all in the bible. >>>>

isaiah 28 vs 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: <<< what does that tell you ? only those who study the whole bible to show themselves approved will unravel the mysteries. seems like a philosophical approach to you but thats because you dont know about that precept upon precept.

a little example for you. there is a thread that says. what is the tree of life. to know what is the tree of life you have to first know what is a tree, right ? so what is a tree ? >>> mark 8 vs 24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking <<< trees are men

and this is how you unravel the allegories and symbolism. all the answers are all over the bible. so you cant be a new testament reader or an old testament reader. you have to read both testaments. scripture says I COME IN THE VOLUME OF THE BOOK. so its not philosophical at all

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by kenjudy(m): 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
Bia dokita adamu, u don see wetin u dey cause for here now?! Abeg if u never marry no just try marry ooo cos if u teach dis ur silly argument to ur kids na die ooo. See as una dey yeye una God, tomorrow some people go still open their mouth shout "JESUS"! Wen something happen to dem. Nansense!
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by philfearon(m): 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
dr dams: U sound more lyk a philosophical bible analyst.

@OBADIAH777
...Thats Exactly What He{Obadiah777} is bro===>"a philosophical bible analyst"
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
philfearon:
...Thats Exactly What He{Obadiah777} is bro===>"a philosophical bible analyst"
oh no sire. its called precept upon precept. the bible is a puzzle that you have to fit together. a jigsaw puzzle

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: not really. the secret to unraveling the allegories ? is all in the bible. >>>>

isaiah 28 vs 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: <<< what does that tell you ? only those who study the whole bible to show themselves approved will unravel the mysteries. seems like a philosophical approach to you but thats because you dont know about that precept upon precept.

a little example for you. there is a thread that says. what is the tree of life. to know what is the tree of life you have to first know what is a tree, right ? so what is a tree ? >>> mark 8 vs 24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking <<< trees are men

and this is how you unravel the allegories and symbolism. all the answers are all over the bible. so you cant be a new testament reader or an old testament reader. you have to read both testaments. scripture says I COME IN THE VOLUME OF THE BOOK. so its not philosophical at all
How the hell do you live with yourself?
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Itsalphaa(m): 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
Delafruita: are u for real?a man in the belly of a fish for 3 frigging days?
are u dumb didnt u hear that the SPECIAL GOD WAS involved?
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
How the hell do you live with yourself?
i live with myself just fine thank you very much cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Itsalphaa(m): 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:

grin grin So Jonah lived in an ordinary fish for three days? How big do you think Jonah was?
how big do u think the biggest fishes in the world are
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Itsalphaa(m): 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:

Obviously you'll believe anything. I may as well tell you that Jonah lived in an elephant for 7 days after he got out of the fish.
offcourse if its in the bible and God was involved
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: i live with myself just fine thank you very much cheesy

lmao. Sorry man but ...looooooool cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Itsalphaa(m): 2:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:

Obviously you'll believe anything. I may as well tell you that Jonah lived in an elephant for 7 days after he got out of the fish.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by philfearon(m): 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: oh no sire. its called precept upon precept. the bible is a puzzle that you have to fit together. a jigsaw puzzle
Bro,The Bible isnt some Puzzle to be fit together!..
I wonder whats the Difference between you and an Atheist!!
.....You believe in God,yet you dont believe in His wonders.....Shaking my head for you!!
Very soon,You will say That Jesus' feeding of Five Thousand People with 5loaves and 2Fish is allegory too.....And then,you will spread it to the Whole Bible!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Paulous007(m): 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2013
dr dams: Hmm, its nt intended to tackle or tongue lash Christianity or d existence of God.. Lets talk abt d Mystery from a Logical perspective.

you can't be logical with God. mundane with spiritual things is far fetched.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Itsalphaa(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
most people here do not know what a fish is sef,
A fish is a cold blodded vertebrate animal that lives in water, moving with the help of fins and breathing with girls.

so people, even a blue whale is a fis

Fish is just a collective name for vertebrates living in water, moving with fins and breathing with gills.

see why biology is a compulsory subject?
the fish cud av being a blue whale, killer whale, etc.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
TinyPurpleBaby:

lmao. Sorry man but ...looooooool cheesy
dayum scoffers i tell ya lol

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
philfearon:
Bro,The Bible isnt some Puzzle to be fit together!..
I wonder whats the Difference between you and an Atheist!!
.....You believe in God,yet you dont believe in His wonders.....Shaking my head for you!!
Very soon,You will say That Jesus' feeding of Five Thousand People with 5loaves and 2Fish is allegory too.....And then,you will spread it to the Whole Bible!!
oh yes Jesus feeding five thousand people with 5 loaves and 2 fish is an allegory. what is fish ? ( to fish for souls ) what is oil ? what is milk ? what is bread ? what is meat ? what is oil ? they all mean THE WORD. so when he fed five thousand people with 5 loaves and 2 fishes, its allegory speech for saying 'he preached the word to 5000 people' wink wink

JOHN 6 VS 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Itsalphaa(m): 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
the heart of a big blue whale is as big as that old tortoise volkswagen car, imagine how the belly'll be like.....

some oef telling me 'how big dyu think the fish is'
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Rossikk(m): 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2013
goldfish80:
These extratterestrial being theories seems to be making sense to me more by the day.Theres a programme running on history channel by 10pm on Sundays were they gv account of physical evidence these beings visited the earth durring the dark ages.
The Romans(Zeus),Greeks(Apollo),Norsemen(Odin) called them different names but they were infact the same biengs.
Closer to home, if you study the creation stories of our own people, you will see that they all refer to our creators as beings who came "from the sky".
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: dayum scoffers i tell ya lol

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Paulous007(m): 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2013
believing in God frankly works for me. freewill is God's gift. I choose to believe in God and his word. whatever works for you people abeg choose. stop this bickering and grow up. its your choice. if you feel you are existing by chance or coincidence abeg na your choice to believe. let sleeping dogs lie. let christianity be. if truly God, heaven or hell is real, you will experience it after death. its your choice to believe.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
see when they fed 5000 people with five loaves and two fishes at bethsaida. first off there is no place named bethsaida. these are all allegories. bethsaida is hebrew for 'house of fishing'. so basically they are fishing for souls.

Bethsaida /ˌbɛθ.seɪˈiːdə/ (Greek: Βηθσαΐδά bēthsaidá;, from Hebrew/Aramaic בית צידה beth-tsaida "house of fishing"

ALL ALLEGORIES.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? / Why Pator Chris Okotie Divorced His Wife Stephanie Henshaw / Salvation Ministries 5 Nights Of Glory 2020: Everything You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.