Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? (21178 Views)

The Allegory Of Adam And Eve / No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins / The Man Who Saw Adam,abel,lot And Jonah (the Call) Must Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by write2obi(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2013
Obidiah777 n MostHigh, where are thou Sire?
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by write2obi(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2013
Obidiah777 n MostHigh, where are thou Sire?

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2013
write2obi: Obidiah777 n MostHigh, where are thou Sire?
we right here sire. whats good with ya wink grin

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by philfearon(m): 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: oh yes Jesus feeding five thousand people with 5 loaves and 2 fish is an allegory. what is fish ? ( to fish for souls ) what is oil ? what is milk ? what is bread ? what is meat ? what is oil ? they all mean THE WORD. so when he fed five thousand people with 5 loaves and 2 fishes, its allegory speech for saying 'he preached the word to 5000 people' wink wink

JOHN 6 VS 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
1}So,what happened to The Leftovers{12baskets} that Were Picked by the apostles? What is your allegorical explanation of it?
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
i would tell you what the fish represents but to break it down seeing as the book of jonah is 4 chapters deep would require a herculean effort. but the fish represents the roman empire. wink

2 Likes

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
A fool says in his heart that there is no God. It was a real fish prepared by God. To them that believeth, He gaveth the power to be sons of God. A man who does not believe or serve God will definitely believe or serve something lesser than God
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Ishilove: 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: i would tell you what the fish represents but to break it down seeing as the book of jonah is 4 chapters deep would require a herculean effort. but the fish represents the roman empire. wink
Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
philfearon:
1}So,what happened to The Leftovers{12baskets} that Were Picked by the apostles? What is your allegorical explanation of it?
means they preached the gospel and is still more preaching ( feeding ) to be done in other places which they did immediately after that. the word is inexhaustible. no rest required

john 9 vs 4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

mark 2 vs 19 And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days. <<< no resting ( fasting ) while Christ is around. when he leaves they have many days to fast ( rest ). fasting means abstaining from whatever it is you do on a normal basis which for them was preaching. so no fasting ( no break from preaching ) so long as christ was around. hence why the pharisees asked him why does he not let his disciples ever rest ? and he said they would rest when he has gone
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by texanomaly(f): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: we right here sire. whats good with ya wink grin
So you are mosthigh? wink
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ishilove:
Lobatan
what is lobatan ? i hear people use it a lot. what does it mean undecided
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
texanomaly:
So you are mosthigh? wink
nope i aint lol. thats my partner in crime.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by philfearon(m): 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: i would tell you what the fish represents but to break it down seeing as the book of jonah is 4 chapters deep would require a herculean effort. but the fish represents the roman empire. wink
There is no end to your confusion....Now,i trully know you are Lost!! Satan must be trully happy!![but,there is still time to come back to God bro]
...So,all the Works of Jesus on earth is now Allegory?
God,forgive You bro....I wonder Why you Believe in God...You Stink of Hypocrisy bro...AND REPUGNANCY IS YOUR NAME!!....
May God help You....You are very far off,and like Paul,Jesus must Surely Arrest You one day!!
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by hayubee(m): 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
A whale is a mammal and not a fish! Me thinks its a shark cos datz the biggest fish!
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by texanomaly(f): 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: nope i aint lol. thats my partner in crime.
Hmmmm
LOL

schizophrenic much?; cool wink
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
philfearon:
There is no end to your confusion....Now,i trully know you are Lost!! Satan must be trully happy!![but,there is still time to come back to God bro]
...So,all the Works of Jesus on earth is now Allegory?
God,forgive You bro....I wonder Why you Believe in God...You Stink of Hypocrisy bro...AND REPUGNANCY IS YOUR NAME!!....
May God help You....You are very far off,and like Paul,Jesus must Surely Arrest You one day!!
smdh kettle calling pot black not saying i am pot but lol

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
texanomaly:
Hmmmm
LOL

schizophrenic much?; cool wink
oh no i aint schizo. i really am not MostHigh. seriously i aint. lol. why do people think we are one and the same ? shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by texanomaly(f): 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: oh no i aint schizo. i really am not MostHigh. seriously i aint. lol. why do people think we are one and the same ? shocked grin
*looks around, whispers*
Your secret's safe with me. wink

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by philfearon(m): 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: means they preached the gospel and still had enough energy to go and preach some more which they did immediately after that as they went to another place to preach some more. the word is inexhaustible. no rest required

john 9 vs 4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

mark 2 vs 19 And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days. <<< no resting ( fasting ) while Christ is around. when he leaves they have many days to fast ( rest ). fasting means abstaining from whatever it is you do on a normal basis which for them was preaching. so no fasting ( no break from preaching ) so long as christ was around. hence why the pharisees asked him why does he not let his disciples ever rest ? and he said they would rest when he has gone
Bro Mathew14:13-21 and Mark6:30-44 and Luke9:10-17 is very simple to understand....Whatever else you are adding to the passage,[YOU ARE "ON YOUR OWN"==>OYO]
The Three Synoptic gospels all reported and agreed on this event as happening......Stop Confusing Yourself,and stop Making The scripture difficult for yourself to Understand!!
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2013
texanomaly:
*looks around, whispers*
Your secret's safe with me. wink
make like R Kelly and keep it on the down low, nobodies got to know wink grin
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
philfearon:
Bro Mathew14:13-21 and Mark6:30-44 and Luke9:10-17 is very simple to understand....Whatever else you are adding to the passage,[YOU ARE "ON YOUR OWN"==>OYO]
The Three Synoptic gospels all reported and agreed on this event as happening......Stop Confusing Yourself,and stop Making The scripture difficult for yourself to Understand!!
modify the quote. i modified my post slightly wink wink
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Unluvable(f): 3:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: i live with myself just fine thank you very much cheesy

You are One of the reasons I visit this section grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
Unluvable*:

You are One of the reasons I visit this section grin grin
blame ya nairaland addiction on me why dont ya smdh grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by GeebeeM(m): 3:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
Matthew 19:26; for God, 'EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE'
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Unluvable(f): 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: blame ya nairaland addiction on me why dont ya smdh grin grin wink

You sire gotta take part of the blame, stop posting for a month and let's test the theory grin grin

On 2nd thought, please don't stop, it will be a boring month embarassed

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2013
Unluvable*:

You sire gotta take part of the blame, stop posting for a month and let's test the theory grin grin

On 2nd thought, please don't stop, it will be a boring month embarassed
grin grin not with philfearon around, it wouldn't. he is a clown shocked grin

oh by the way philfearon is a perpetual scoffer of mine

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by LordCypher(m): 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]a pastor was trying to understand who God is. One day he was walking on a beach and he saw a girl digging a hole in the sand. Afther she had dug to her certisfaction she set out into the see and started fetching the water with a spoon and walked to the hole, pured the water in it. The pastor was curious and asked the little girl, what are u doing? She replied that she want to empty that sea into the hole she dug. Then the Lord spoke to the pastor, your are like that little girl trying to put the totality of me in your mind.
You can not understand somethings the Lord does unless He reveals it to you. That is if you are his friend, like Abraham.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Reference(m): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
The Bible is not a work of fiction. It is both historical and inspirational. Everything recorded actually happened. The products of visions, trances and the likes are clearly stated.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Oketwin(m): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2013
My people perish cause dey lack wisdom n understnding.it is obvious dat u lot are so ignorant of d ways of God. Kipindi using ur fish brian to contest d words of God
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by alasco1(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
It's beyond human thinking so, stop wasting ur f*cking time on GOD work. Shikena!
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Oketwin(m): 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
My people perish cause dey lack wisdom n understnding.it is obvious dat u lot are so ignorant of d ways of God. Kip using ur fish brian to contest d words of God.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
Reference: The Bible is not a work of fiction. It is both historical and inspirational. Everything recorded actually happened. The products of visions, trances and the likes are clearly stated.

Can you prove your statement. If MAN wrote the bible, and we all know MAN lies, please tell me why anyone should believe what MAN wrote?
A lot of things have been twisted and lies told just to get people to believe. Again, please tell me how you know everything that was written actually happened because I find it hard to believe that those that wrote it are saints.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: blame ya nairaland addiction on me why dont ya smdh grin grin wink

mee too Im addicted to you nairaland
grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / Why Pator Chris Okotie Divorced His Wife Stephanie Henshaw / What Do Arab Christians Call God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.