Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? (21177 Views)

The Allegory Of Adam And Eve / No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins / The Man Who Saw Adam,abel,lot And Jonah (the Call) Must Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by hrhobi1(m): 6:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
Well, we have no reason to believe it was a special fish. Wat we are told is that God was involved, GOD had prepared a fish. God is the special one. When the donkey spake, when the animals came to Adam to be named, when the animals came to Noah's ark, when the bush was on fire nd was not burned, when the Red Sea parted, it was not because they were special,it was because the special God was involved.

Thank you case closed.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by philfearon(m): 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin not with philfearon around, it wouldn't. he is a clown shocked grin

oh by the way philfearon is a perpetual scoffer of mine
Smh!
You are repugnant to nature itself,Thats why you are full of Repudiation and Repulsion....and Yeah,i will be Around to expose your Erroneous Teachings and silly Philosophies..
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
philfearon:
Smh!
You are repugnant to nature itself,Thats why you are full of Repudiation and Repulsion....and Yeah,i will be Around to expose your Erroneous Teachings and silly Philosophies..
philfearon hitting me with the 3 R,s grin

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by drdams: 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
Contradictions!!

Mcfynest analysis of d fish is synonymous to what u referred to as nineveh...
This beyond logic sire!!
obadiah777: you right chief. jonah is israel wink wink

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: lol i did yesterday. have a lil bit left for tonight wink

And you said...... lipsrsealed

Okay na....no problemo

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 29, 2013
dr dams: Contradictions!!

Mcfynest analysis of d fish is synonymous to what u referred to as nineveh...
This beyond logic sire!!
the fish is the roman empire. this is world history in symbolic codes. wink

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Rogers210(m): 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
Only a fool will believe that crap.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
TinyPurpleBaby:

And you said...... lipsrsealed

Okay na....no problemo
i need deliverance grin grin

JK ermm yeah what better way to chill on a saturday night right ? a lil bit of wine dont harm nobody. in fact Christ was known to love drinking wine

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777:
jonah is israel
the sea is the world population
nineveh is the gentiles
the sailors are the leaders of the gentile nations
wink wink

God sent Jonah to preach to Nineveh because He had given them a limit and after that limit He would destroy them. Jonah ditched and then ran away on a boat with some sailors to another place. God was angry and then sent a tempest to the sea and then the sailors were worried and then when Jonah explained the cast him out of the boat into the sea and then a big fish came up to gobble him. He stayed in the big fish for three days and after God saw he was sorry, God told the fish to cast him out on dry land

Now help with this

God sent Israelites elect to preach to the gentile nation because He had them a limit and after that limit He would destroy them. The elects ditched and then ran away on a ______ with some Gentile leaders to another place. God was angry and then sent a ______ to the World Population and then the Gentile leadrs were worried and then when the elect explained they cast him out of the _______into the World population and then the Roman Empire came up to _________. He stayed with the Roman Empire for three() days and after God saw he was sorry God told the Roman Empire to cast him out on _________

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2013
anytime i am feeling brave, i would put the whole jonah exigesis together. its 48 verses. thats a mini book

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: i need deliverance grin grin

JK ermm yeah what better way to chill on a saturday night right ? a lil bit of wine dont harm nobody. in fact Christ was known to love drinking wine

Well to me, I don't see anything wrong with beer. Just don't take it to the extent that you'd be sleeping in buses gutters and other questionable places.....

...and you always uses Jesus to defend yasef. I'm sure Jesus must be shaking his head by now. undecided
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by philfearon(m): 6:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:

Have I stopped you from posting or anything? Why don't you allow those that don't believe in this God of yours be?
I'm ignorant for questioning whether a man can live in a fish for three days? Please stop exposing your gullibility to the public.
Oh yeah,all your statements are full of Ignorance!! You are Worldly,thats why you Think Worldly!
Ignorants like You believe everything they see on Google(updated by humans),yet you Find it hard to believe Word Of God or That God exist!!
You were carried for 9months in your mums tummy..You enter the World(you dont even how it was made)..You grow up..You go out,you come in..You eat,you sleep..You go to toilet,You browse,you download,and you walk around..You read whatever you see,And you do whatever pleases you...And You Think Everything is well with you!!
Satan rejoice over You because,you have made his work Easier..You already is his,and so he doesnt bother about you anymore,he has cuffed you,and blind you....
But,GOD is a merciful God,he still wants you to be Saved,as there is still time....Many Greatmen have taken your Path,and they Saw that They Were Wrong at their Death Bed...
As you are,you are not even up to SIGMUND FREUD,both in perception of the World and formulating of Theories That seem right to the Eye,and pleasing to the ears and heart,and that doesnt please God:infact he has books all over the world,speaking Profane things....But,Go and Read and See What Happened in his last few minutes before His Death...
Repent while there is time,REMEMBER,NO REPENTENCE IN THE GRAVE!!.......
"A fool says in his heart;There is no God"...
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:

So it was a "special fish" that swallowed Jonah? Seriously you guys will believe anything at all as long as it is written in the Bible.
dnt u biliv wateva iz in ur kuran or wateva u rid also
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by thehomer: 6:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
peppy luv: Mr Imam use ur real name and stop fooling around.
Ur quran is notin but lies and crap!

grin What makes you think that I'm an Imam? Why don't you use your own real name?
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
TinyPurpleBaby:

God sent Jonah to preach to Nineveh because He had given them a limit and after that limit He would destroy them. Jonah ditched and then ran away on a boat with some sailors to another place. God was angry and then sent a tempest to the sea and then the sailors were worried and then when Jonah explained the cast him out of the boat into the sea and then a big fish came up to gobble him. He stayed in the big fish for three days and after God saw he was sorry, God told the fish to cast him out on dry land

Now help with this

God sent Israelites elect to preach to the gentile nation because He had them a limit and after that limit He would destroy them. The elects ditched and then ran away on a _spiritual cruise_____ with some Gentile leaders to another place. God was angry and then sent a __uprising____ to the World Population and then the Gentile leadrs were worried and then when the elect explained they cast him out of the __league of embittered nations_____into the World population and then the Roman Empire came up to __whoop his butt_______. He stayed with the Roman Empire for three() days and after God saw he was sorry God told the Roman Empire to cast him out on _of prison________

Thanks

best i could do with no comprehensive format wink

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by thehomer: 6:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777:
jonah is israel
the sea is the world population
nineveh is the gentiles
the sailors are the leaders of the gentile nations
wink wink

And the big fish? Let's not forget the big fish and the three days. After that, we can reconstruct the story to see how much sense it makes. tongue
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2013
TinyPurpleBaby:

Well to me, I don't see anything wrong with beer. Just don't take it to the extent that you'd be sleeping in buses gutters and other questionable places.....

...and you always uses Jesus to defend yasef. I'm sure Jesus must be shaking his head by now. undecided
well i aint no drunk if thats what you mean lol. once a week or twice at most tongue
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:

And the big fish? Let's not forget the big fish and the three days. After that, we can reconstruct the story to see how much sense it makes. tongue
i aint finna cast no pearls before swines now tongue

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: best i could do with no comprehensive format wink

Bhet this is for me nah, I wanno understand...put the missing pieces together.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by fammoboy(m): 6:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
My ways ar nt ur ways, my thought ar nt ur thought, for as far d heavns ar 2 d earth ar my thought greater dan ur thought. Says d LORD
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: well i aint no drunk if thats what you mean lol. once a week or twice at most tongue

That's exactly whatt I mean. cool And then one becomes two, two becomes three....Oh well. cool cool

God be with you Amin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by MEILYN(m): 6:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
The Story of Jonah? Hahaha, Only for the Elect to Understand lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. These are prophesies...undecided dats all.

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
TinyPurpleBaby:

Bhet this is for me nah, I wanno understand...put the missing pieces together.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
lol i just did with the format you gave me. unless you want me to do the whole 4 chapters comprehensively ? that i can do when i am feeling brave and strong. its a mini-book grin
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by MEILYN(m): 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
TinyPurpleBaby:

That's exactly whatt I mean. cool And then one becomes two, two becomes three....Oh well. cool cool

God be with you Amin grin grin
With the few things you have learnt, you should be able to gather the Exigesis. Just read that book again. Sea, Fish, Boat e.tc et.c #winks

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by MEILYN(m): 6:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: lol i just did with the format you gave me. unless you want me to do the whole 4 chapters comprehensively ? that i can do when i am feeling brave and strong. its a mini-book grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: lol i just did with the format you gave me. unless you want me to do the whole 4 chapters comprehensively ? that i can do when i am feeling brave and strong. its a mini-book grin

Where did you do it?? Those spaces meant fill in the gaps......pleeeeease. Well it won't kill to do the whole 4 chapters would it...its a teeny-weeny book. So today is a no-no...danggit angry sad sad sad
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by thehomer: 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
philfearon:
Oh yeah,all your statements are full of Ignorance!! You are Worldly,thats why you Think Worldly!
Ignorants like You believe everything they see on Google(updated by humans),yet you Find it hard to believe Word Of God or That God exist!!
You were carried for 9months in your mums tummy..You enter the World(you dont even how it was made)..You grow up..You go out,you come in..You eat,you sleep..You go to toilet,You browse,you download,and you walk around..You read whatever you see,And you do whatever pleases you...And You Think Everything is well with you!!
Satan rejoice over You because,you have made his work Easier..You already is his,and so he doesnt bother about you anymore,he has cuffed you,and blind you....
But,GOD is a merciful God,he still wants you to be Saved,as there is still time....Many Greatmen have taken your Path,and they Saw that They Were Wrong at their Death Bed...
As you are,you are not even up to SIGMUND FREUD,both in perception of the World and formulating of Theories That seem right to the Eye,and pleasing to the ears and heart,and that doesnt please God:infact he has books all over the world,speaking Profane things....But,Go and Read and See What Happened in his last few minutes before His Death...
Repent while there is time,REMEMBER,NO REPENTENCE IN THE GRAVE!!.......
"A fool says in his heart;There is no God"...

Well with this rambling and poorly thought out response I have little to add to your ignorant display.
Good luck to you in your pursuit of ignorance.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
MEILYN: With the few things you have learnt, you should be able to gather the Exigesis. Just read that book again. Sea, Fish, Boat e.tc et.c #winks

Okay OOo. No problemo. BACK...to the drawing board undecided sad
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by thehomer: 6:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
cerebral assain: dnt u biliv wateva iz in ur kuran or wateva u rid also

I don't believe that everything I read is factual and non-fiction.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
TinyPurpleBaby:

Where did you do it?? Those spaces meant fill in the gaps......pleeeeease. Well it won't kill to do the whole 4 chapters would it...its a teeny-weeny book. So today is a no-no...danggit angry sad sad sad
i already filled in the gaps look harder

to do the whole 4 chapters ? shytttt that would take like 6 hours or so. shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by thehomer: 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: i aint finna cast no pearls before swines now tongue

What you have aren't pearls, they're swine muck. The fact that you think they're pearls is your problem.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:

What you have aren't pearls, they're swine muck. The fact that you think they're pearls is your problem.
and that is exactly why i have stopped casting pearls before swines. waste of my time. wink wink

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / Why Pator Chris Okotie Divorced His Wife Stephanie Henshaw / What Do Arab Christians Call God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.