Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? (18195 Views)

Guys Share Your Heartbreak Stories. / How Did You Heal From Your First Heartbreak? / How Do You Let Go Of A Good Man/Woman Or Heal From Such Break Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
Chukkasy: Na jazz d guy use hold u?...obviously u were enjoying d bleep.
e be like say name jazz oo. My friends say name jazz but thank God say the jazz eventually clear from my eyes
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
Chukkasy: Na jazz d guy use hold u?...obviously u were enjoying d bleep.
e be like say na jazz oo. My friends say name jazz but thank God say the jazz eventually clear from my eyes
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by k2039: 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
mz mariah: seriously the guy was very unfair. Relationship is not all about money.when I was with my ex I was doing the spending. Relationship is above money. Understanding matters. I still feel what the guy did is very bad.money or no money and God will jurdge him.she should just try move on although its not easy
That's the point, 'God will judge him', don't bring God into this at all, before the Op's friend dated the guy, did she involve God (I'm sure if she did, God would have told her he wasn't her husband). Now that everything fell apart, God must come in. If God was never involved from the onset, then it's better He isn't involved now.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by k2039: 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
Eyinojuoluwa1: hmmm, hers was very simple, me and my ex dated for close to 2 yrs, we met wen i was abt to finish my youth service, he was still in search of job den, as grace will ve it i got job 8 months after my service. i was responsible for his well being, from January till August, wen he got his job. he started behaving funny, wen i couldnt take it, i asked him wat d issue was, hmmmmm! at first he said he did not noticed any change in his behaviours. just 2 weeks ago, he called me and said "he went to pray abt us and they said we cant be man and wife". i asked him how long he has known, he said its has bin long, but he just couldnt say it.

thank God for my job, i would ve bin totally out of place, but i must be strong.
some guys are very terrible. but i believe good guys still exist and my own will locate me in Gods time.

I'm happy for you.

But if there is one fundamental thing I have reealised in every break up/failed relationship. The party at the receiving end always sees fault/red flags etc with his/her partner but they chose to ignore (for you a change of attitude).

My advice to people in relationship is that as soon as they start to see cracks/faults etc, it's best to start preparing for the worse case scenario (they shouldn't try to patch it), I have realised if you are prepared for a break up, you don't get heartbroken as when you are unprepared.

I'm sure the OP's friend saw the symptoms, but she chose to ignore them and now she got hit by an atomic bomb when the guy broke up with her (if she had prepared for the bomb, she wouldn't be this devastated and pathetic).

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
k2039: That's the point, 'God will judge him', don't bring God into this at all, before the Op's friend dated the guy, did she involve God (I'm sure if she did, God would have told her he wasn't her husband). Now that everything fell apart, God must come in. If God was never involved from the onset, then it's better He isn't involvedq now.
I don't no if she involved God.all I no is he shouldn't have led her on knowing he has a fiance. Who knows if he really has a fiance or if he used it to just push her away
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by k2039: 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ms_Steph: @190 gals who want to date for money don't go after boys they go after men. Anyways I always advice a gal not to date only 1 guy cos men are so unpredictable. Me I have learnt my lessons and love is no longer in my dictionary if am dating a guy nd u start misbehaving I will leave ur sorry a.zz time waits for no1

I assume women are so predictable.

This is another reason why a guy should multi date (girls like you are the reason why men find it hard to love completely) and if they do, we are labelled as the bad one.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Youngpo413: 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
tintingz: Right now, I don't have time for relationship keep using your money to fu;ck girls.

start fuckinng o,the more babes you fvck the better for you so that when you get married,you wont even bother to cheat on your wife,why?because you have seen it all.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Youngpo413: 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
CaroTone: @ op, what happen to your friend is not that serious.
If it were to be what happen to me she went through, I'm so sure she would have commit suicide by now. Her is just 14 months, mine dated him for 4 yrs plus, he went ahead impregnate another lady, did introduction with her behind my back, later find out, plead with me dat It was a mistake. I was devastated, sobbed throughout, hate all things in trousers. How i get over the heartbreak? It wasn't easy but I had to. Wrote everything I had to say to him, everyhting in mymind in a two sheets of paper, envelope and keep it somewhere.After 2 months of hanging out wit family and friends I've neglect why dating him, I feel much better, ever since then I make myself my priority, I've heard people say I am so self-centred but they don't understand what cause me to be like that. If I don't like myself, who will?

Just two years ago, he came back and he has been troubling me, chase him away he no gree go, he dey tell me say the babe na illiterate, like say he no know before. I never gree for am o, he dey spend money wella, hoping say I go change my mind but I don zero my mind for there. As I no dey dull myself. I dey collect the money. I send am?

NO!
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Youngpo413: 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
ms_pee: A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. . . Better things ahead. Life must go on. - are the only things I think of and I face my front.
But, nothing like love again in my dictionary!
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Youngpo413: 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
Bimfo: U go see, Responsible guys around, but u will Agree to follow Jerks because of Love... F..u..c..k Love.. angry
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Pattey(m): 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
mz mariah: I don't no if she involved God.all I no is he shouldn't have led her on knowing he has a fiance. Who knows if he really has a fiance or if he used it to just push her away

*coughs* Well, we're going to involve God from our own beginning, right? . . . After all, I've won the other bidders grin
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by funnyx(m): 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
Chei! See as this girl dey drop like no tomorrow for im guy E bey like say the guy jazz you abi on top wetin?
May be you don owe am in the life before and you just dey pay am for this life grin grin if I were a girl wey worwor sef I no go drop for any guy like that.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
funnyx:

Chei! See as this girl dey drop like no tomorrow for im guy E bey like say the guy jazz you abi on top wetin?
May be you don owe am in the life before and you just dey pay am for this life grin grin if I were a girl wey worwor sef I no go drop for any guy like that.
owe am ke? Na wet in we still dey talk name. LOVE...chain,my eyes son clear sha
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
funnyx:

owe am ke? Na wet in we still dey talk name. LOVE...chai,my eyes sha don clear
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
Pattey:

*coughs* Well, we're going to involve God from our own beginning, right? . . . After all, I've won the other bidders grin
grin
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
funnyx:

how I wish jide na niralander make himself talk if I owe am or if i sabi am bfor I enter school
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by k2039: 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2013
Toks2008: You can only heal if you find another person to fill the space and i mean someone worth it else you are bound to continue sulking.
I hope she finds someone like you.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by funnyx(m): 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
mz mariah: owe am ke? Na wet in we still dey talk name. LOVE...chai,my eyes sha don clear

Thank God say your eyes don clear, abeg wise up babe though I no see you face well on the pic you put on your profile but damn your figure is good na tongue Abeg no dey dull yourself again o kiss
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by k2039: 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
Tats:

Good point but resist rushing into another relationship immediately. Sometimes, people do so because they want to show that they can easily find someone else after being heartbroken and then they end up with another person who will break their heart again!
That's if the girl doesn't later realise that she wasn't so into him thereby breaking the guys heart. The cycle continues, you got heart broken, in the process of recuperating you also broke someone else's heart. We keep blaming nature for not being fair, when in fact we are the ones that are not fair.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by k2039: 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
jadareese: she's lucky hers is jus for 14mnths.in my case it was for 10 wasted yrs.he. convinced me to take an internship outside town unknown to me he was plannin a weddn.accordin to him,he put d whole blame on his parents wantn him to marry his tribe so they arranged one for him.anyway I was in love, young and naive then so didn't read d tell tale signs innitially.bottom line was I crashed badly(fell sick,couldn't study,became reclus...u name it). bt had a reality check when after much attempt to get to me.I finally decided to hear wt he had to say after 3months and all d mugu could come up wt was an offer of marriage away frm home..??!!(as in..hw much of a fool did he take me for??!)..anyway..it was there n then I made up my mind to move on and away..Thank God for great friends who engaged me in fun stuffs I didn't hv time for before...turned to my creative side,did a lot of travellin at d slightest opportunity I got.and it was wyl in soujourn I met my a wonderful man who turned out to be my beloved husband for 3yrs nw... so bottomline...tell ur friend to stop livin her life for someone not deservin of her.she should dust herself up(cos I believed she must cried herself enuf already), put on her party face and start livin HER life for HERSELF!! Build a better relationship wt God and take time to notice d flowers around her and appreciate them
Good points.

What people fail to understand is that your boyfriend has to leave for your husband to come in.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
funnyx:

Thank God say your eyes don clear, abeg wise up babe though I no see you face well on the pic you put on your profile but damn your figure is good na tongue Abeg no dey dull yourself again o kiss
dull me,I no go try am again.I been love that guy wella. Chai, this LOVE sef
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Youngpo413: 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2013
You have made change my mindset and I now believes that true love surely exist...........
........BUT RARE!

So please have patience God will surely provide your own man,a man who will love and cherish you.......
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by k2039: 6:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
I'm sorry, like seriously I'm crying, this is the apex of all wickedness.

You have healed up and moved on, that's just the only consolation.

I'm sure the OP's friends own is not as bad as this.

@Op, I suggest your friend reads this post o, that way she will realise hers was better and she will go to church on sunday for thanksgiving.

The good guys cry of hurt from bad girls and the good girls cry of hurt from the bad boy, what a wonderful earth we live in.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Youngpo413: 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
k2039:
It never occured to you that in the process of rebounding you will be hurting the other person (the person you using to heal up).

How will you feel if a girl use you as her rebound, it's same guys like you that will complain that girls are wicked and heartless.

and the list is endless,it evolves.
Its bad to fall in love.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
Young po413:

You have made change my mindset and I now believes that true love surely exist...........
........BUT RARE!

So please have patience God will surely provide your own man,a man who will love and cherish you.......

IF YOU HAVE NOT BROKEN SOMEONE`s HEART BEFORE.
God knows I have not broken anybody's heart and I don't plan to
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Youngpo413: 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
mz mariah: God knows I have not broken anybody's heart and I don't plan to

I quickly modified the post and you had quoted me already,pls I didn`t want you to feel bad,am sorry.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by k2039: 6:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
mz mariah: I don't no if she involved God.all I no is he shouldn't have led her on knowing he has a fiance. Who knows if he really has a fiance or if he used it to just push her away
There are only three possibilities why the guy broke up with her.

1. He impregnated someone, he didn't have a chance to deny and the girl's family member insisted he married her.

2. She was the side chick, he never loved her, he loved someone else (ex).
He probably met her (Op's friend) after a crisis ensued between his ex and he used her (op's friend) to heal up.
Now the ex is back and that's who he loves.

3. There is something the Op's friend is not telling us, she probably commited a serious offence.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
Young po413:

I quickly modified the post and you had quoted me already,pls I didn`t want you to feel bad,am sorry.
bad? No I am not grin
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by MicroBox: 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
By toasting more than three girls that same day, definitly one would take that position again among them all.
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
God bless you honey! You are a treasure and I hope you'll find the one who truly deserves you.
What would you tell your daughter in such a situation? Would you tell her to continue the relationship with such a man? wink

I think, you are smart enough to make the right decision.
My advice: It's importnat that mind and heart are at peace when you are with someone. If they are at war ... something is "fishy".
But the choice is yours wink
Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by k2039: 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
@Op

If there is anything I have realised is that everyone is selfish (depending on the scenario it may be good or bad).

So the only reason why she can't let go is because she doesn't want to lose him out of her selfishness and the guy was selfish enough to do what pleases him without caring about the consequences of his action.

The best way your friend will kill herself is to remain indoors, worst still listen to slow songs (that just makes it faster).

I understand she feels reflecting on the past will make her feel better (the happy times) but that's just an illusion, she is only increasing the depth of her grave, she has to try as much as possible to let go of those though and she can't achieve that by isolating herself from people and remaining indoors.

I realise she is suffering from self love because if she loves herself she will know that her happiness is all that matters to her now and that's totally dependent on her.

The guy doesn't give a fvck, he has moved on and infact he is having fun. That leaves her with one option and that's also to move on.

Actually, the last time I got broken, a friend sent me a voice note. 'TD's jakes letting go'.
As I listened to it, my mind became lighter and I moved on under 48 hours (I'm partly a robot though).

The only reason she is depressed is because she is giving her emotions the right to control her. She is not her emotions, she is something more than her emotions. If she fails to take control of that emotion of hurt, anguish, jealousy (that someone has him now) etc, then that emotion will kill her.

It's perfectly normal that she feels hurt, but it's not normal that she has decided to stay indoors.

The honest truth is just that ten years from today she will look back and thank God this did happen.

Boyfriend has to leave for her husband to arrive and she can't meet her husband by being moody and sobber.

She should not forget she was born without him, there are hundreds of people like him and there are thousands who are better.

This relationship is deadm she shouldn't ressurect it with her thoughts.

Life is too beautiful to worry/cry over what we didn't get or have.

I wonder how she would have felt if it was a divorce, she has every cause to thank God.

Not every relationship will lead to marriage (she has to sink that into her skull) or else she will keep getting heart broken. So in her future relationship(s), she should not put so much of her mind into marriage until she walks with the guy on the aisle (the only reason she is this heartbroken is because her expectations about their relationship was too high-marriage.)

Finally, her happiness is dependent entirely on herself, no guy can make you happy, if you put your happiness on a guy, you have given him the opportunity to control your life.

Everyone is selfish, her ex has pleased himself, she should also please herself by coming out of this better and more prepared for the future.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? by Pattey(m): 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
mz mariah: God knows I have not broken anybody's heart and I don't plan to

Mine is definitely gon be broken if we don't resolve our issue ASAP embarassed . . . B4 it breaks, PM? wink

#I def need 2 xperience thy tru luv#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Lady's Massive Hips Will Make You Nutty And Horney / For Ladies: Why Guys With Pink Lips? / Single Mothers Have Made Sex So Cheap In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.