Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (37365 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Goshen360(m): 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
fr_evangel:

You quoted me and ignored the scriptures I posted. Why not read the verses rather than just speak what you were told. Mind you, I preached tithing for over 10 years before studying it myself.

Same to me, I was saved in 1996 and was strong in church movement and activities. Even when I attended RCCG, Offs, I was almost ordained a deacon in RCCG. I can mention the parish pastor's name and the area pastor.

In all my years then, I didn't understand the difference between the old and new Covenant. I was confused. However, I followed blindly. I taught tithe in all these year, not as what I understood by myself but by what my pastors taught me.

Oh Goodness, when I entered the water of the word, I went deeper and deeper and the truth set me free. I have taught AGAINST tithe and do not tithe, still I'm blessed.

4 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
fr_evangel:

Correction, Abraham did not PAY tithe. He gave a tenth as a form of giving not as a tithe because tithe was ONLY instituted under the Law of Moses.

Also, that Abraham gave a tenth does not mean it is God's instruction to the church as Abraham's children never gave tithe. Jacob "vowed" to give God a tenth IF God did something for him. He gave God a condition so it was not an obligation. More like you say to God, IF you do this for me, I will do this to thank you.
Did Abraham's tithes have anything to do with God or not? It is indeed pointless to make you see anything in "principle" where you have already made up your mind to read only the 'letter' in a legalistic manner.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by paris10: 6:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
@all NL; if there's always a contentious issue about a particular subject, it is worth looking deep into it. And mind you, if anything sound or look good to be true, its probably is.

And for Xtians, is Jesus your example or someone else? Everything Jesus does was written in the Bible, especially the most important ones. Tithe wasn't Jesus prerogative and he never paid or emphasised on it. Not relevant.

Jesus message was clear: believe in me! Read Mathew 5. The blessings of God to His people was revealed in Genesis 2. NO CONDITION WAS ATTACHED TO IT.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by incrediblestev: 6:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
by
tunapa2009:
It was recorded once for Abraham abi. What prompted him to give the tithe (spoil)?
I also said that, it must be done with a cheerful heart and not grudging nor forcefully. I strongly believe in tithe...
Does it mean that because Jesus didn't speak about it, make it wrong? Or his disciples didn't speak about it,make it abolished?
Now listen and let this fact enter your head very well, Abraham paid tithe not because it was an obligatory exercise of for Abraham, it is because it was part of the traditional beliefs of the people at the time, it was mot obligatory neither was it fixed payment. There is nothing Christian about the payment, it was not a Christian traditional religious right of a sect but a traditional belief of everywhere person that existed at the time.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by TheSaintz: 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
fr_evangel:

You actually call me drawing you to study your Bible deceptive yet the people who preached tithe (I included for many years before I actually studied it) never ask you to study, neither do they talk about ALL types of tithe are not deceptive. Amazing.
Have you read ALL verses in the Bible that mentioned tithe, tithes, tenth?
Maybe you should back up a little and read my previous posts to see the scriptures, including the ones we all used to preach tithe.

please i ask some questions in my last post, read and answer them
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by tunapa2009(m): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
fr_evangel:

You still didn't get it. I am not telling you whether to tithe or not, I'm showing you tithing in scriptures as instituted in the scripture. It is clearly explained. read my previous posts and check the scriptures. More importantly, read every reference of tithe in the Bible, Old to New testament.
The why, what, how, when are all listed. You don't need "special revelation" to know why God instituted tithing.
If you understand the purpose, and how it's to be done, you won't need any pastors explanation.

THE HOW OF TITHING

Tithe is to be given to the Levites as their inheritance (Type 1). This should be done by the other 11 tribes of Israel.
Tithe is to be given by the Levites, from the tithe they got from Israel, to the Priests. Aaron and his lineage.
Tithe is to shared with the poor, destitute, needy, fatherless, widows, strangers etc
Read my previous posts for scripture reference.

From these you can describe the channel of tithing: Israel=>Levites=>Priests.
The Priests ARE NOT TO TITHE. Tithe ends with them.

Yet these same pastors who preach tithing preach we have been called to royal priesthood.

No, tithing is for a Jewish structure, strictly for the 11 tribes to give their 10% to the 12th tribe, Levi. And on the 3rd year, with the needy.
Nice one..... What about Abraham's tithe to Melchizadek? Any correlation with the 11 tribes to one tribe? Are you now claiming that tithing started in the time of Moses? I read Hebrews 7. The emphases and the Lessons...

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by tunapa2009(m): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
fr_evangel:

You still didn't get it. I am not telling you whether to tithe or not, I'm showing you tithing in scriptures as instituted in the scripture. It is clearly explained. read my previous posts and check the scriptures. More importantly, read every reference of tithe in the Bible, Old to New testament.
The why, what, how, when are all listed. You don't need "special revelation" to know why God instituted tithing.
If you understand the purpose, and how it's to be done, you won't need any pastors explanation.

THE HOW OF TITHING

Tithe is to be given to the Levites as their inheritance (Type 1). This should be done by the other 11 tribes of Israel.
Tithe is to be given by the Levites, from the tithe they got from Israel, to the Priests. Aaron and his lineage.
Tithe is to shared with the poor, destitute, needy, fatherless, widows, strangers etc

Yet these same pastors who preach tithing preach we have been called to royal priesthood.

No, tithing is for a Jewish structure, strictly for the 11 tribes to give their 10% to the 12th tribe, Levi. And on the 3rd year, with the needy.
Nice one..... What about Abraham's tithe to Melchizadek? Any correlation with the 11 tribes to one tribe? Are you now claiming that tithing started in the time of Moses? I read Hebrews 7. The emphases and the Lessons...

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by nigerfine: 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
Satan get thee behind me
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by ochukoeja(f): 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
tithing links your finance to the kingdom of heaven. you are simply paying tax to God not because he needs it. You are simply saying your source is not from the earth rather its heavenly. its just a symbol that is linking your finance to heaven, therefore you cant be affected by economic crisis because where your source is from, such does not exist. Saying we are ambassadors of christ goes beyond literal meaning. we do pay our tax to the governement of our country, dont we? this is the main reason when things are not going right we blame the government because we are all stakeholders. How can you hold God responsible for your woes when there is no link? An ambassador of France in Nigeria may not be frazzled if the economic situation in Nigeria goes downhill because he knows his source (salary and welfare) is tied to france. Then again, we are not being forced to pay tithe, there are other weightier matters in the kingdom of God
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
This tithe thing is very serious o.
So tee some churches hv registry. Ur tithe reduce, elders will pay u a visit.

Was mad when Assemblies of God refused to do naming for their member's daughter simply bc in their register, the man,an elder in the church is owing them tithe for some months. The wife said things were hard for them and really they were managing to survive.
I was like aaw! Has it come to that?

If u r from Assemblies of God, pls why d register?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Goshen360(m): 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
Bidam: Did Abraham's tithes have anything to do with God or not? It is indeed pointless to make you see anything in "principle" where you have already made up your mind to read only the 'letter' in a legalistic manner.

What's the Hebrew or Greek meaning for "principle" and how and where is this "principle" in Greek used to TEACH TITHE TO THE CHURCH
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by IdeasDrive(m): 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
@ all those teaching against tithe and tithing, please be sure of what you are doing. You are leading people to break God's word. See Matt. 5:19.
Tithing as a principle, was not instituted by the Law, so cannot be invalidated by same. You could as well see Matt. 23:23.
For me, I'm a tither, and I'd keep paying my tithe to God's work. Sorry, you can't fool everyone along with you. Just repent.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by incrediblestev: 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
fr_evangel:

Thank you for this, I was coming to that. The reason many pay tithe is that they don't really know what it is.
If you understand tithing, you would understand it is not even a Christian practice but purely Judaism!
exactly my point too..... the act of giving one tenth of their possessions was purely an act based on the general traditional belief system of the time not because the Christian God demands so.... why this is taking people eternity to understand is surprising me. Many of the beliefs or doctrines in christiandom did not start off as a Devine instruction from God for his people they were simply man-made beliefs smuggled into the Christian context and given divinity by mere mortals.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by tunapa2009(m): 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
fr_evangel:

THE HOW OF TITHING

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Goshen360(m): 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
tunapa2009:

Hebrew 7 actually disannulled tithing.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
nigerfine: Satan get thee behind me

Obviously tithing is one of the tools Satan uses to keep believers in bondage and deny them faith in the saving grace of Christ alone.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by danot1030: 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
chukslawrence: Tithers be sincere to this ques......... Let's assume that from Jan to this Oct your monthly income is always #100 million or above, can you give God 10%(#10 million) of each of ur monthly income ?
YES I CAN!!!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by tunapa2009(m): 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
yellowpawpaw: This tithe thing is very serious o.
So tee some churches hv registry. Ur tithe reduce, elders will pay u a visit.

Was mad when Assemblies of God refused to do naming for their member's daughter simply bc in their register, the man,an elder in the church is owing them tithe for some months. The wife said things were hard for them and really they were managing to survive.
I was like aaw! Has it come to that?

If u r from Assemblies of God, pls why d register?
Really!!!!! That is very wrong oooo.. It is uncalled for. There is no need for any register for it though some churches do it but am not in support of it..
God will help us oooo.. Some time I just cry for this generation church but I know it is end time activities...
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
Goshen360:

What's the Hebrew or Greek meaning for "principle" and how and where is this "principle" in Greek used to TEACH TITHE TO THE CHURCH
Look who is talking here. You conveniently dodged my question when i asked you why would Paul quote the mosaic law to support giving to ministers in 1 cor 9:13 and you are here twisting words and asking me about Hebrew or Greek meaning of principle SMH!!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by tunapa2009(m): 6:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
Goshen360:

Are we reading the same Hebs 7... Please read it with open mind...m
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
TheSaintz:

Guy please by God stop the deceipt
You call directing and asking you to do a thorough study of the Bible deceipt?

1. the fact that Abraham did it once speaks of principle, he was showing us a principle
Doing it once does not speak of principle, does him sleeping with his house help to give birth to Isaac, in an attempt to help God fulfil His promise also a principle?

2.spoils of war is an increase in income, spoils of war in the old times could be loots of either livestock, purses with coins from your enemies, etc
You certainly have not read that story properly. Abraham was very rich in servants, livestock and all, but he never gave a tenth to God at any other time. He knew how to give to God his best however, it was out of that understanding he decided to give at this time, his tenth.
Mind you, I am not against "giving to God" in general. I am an ardent giver. What we speak of is the present day teaching of tithe.

3.Abraham gave it willfully, yes because He understood covenant with Jehovah, and if he did not do it again where did his children learn it from (check leviticus)
In fact, Abraham's children did not learn it. Tithe was mentioned by Jacob but he gave God a condition for which he would give Him a tenth.

4. if he didnt not teach his children then once again where did the levite learn it from
The Levites did not learn it. God instructed the 11 tribes to give a tenth to the tribe of Levi, because they were ordered not to share in the land. Read my previous posts for scriptures. The Levites was instructed to give a tithe of the tithe given to them, to the Priests, who also had no inheritance among the people.

5. show me a place where moses had and increase in income of whatsoever and then we will conclusively say he didnt pay tithe, if he didnt believe in it, why did he command the children of israel (levite to receive it) from their brethren
Read my previous posts, I have explained. Tithe was instituted as THE INHERITANCE of the tribe of Levi because they had no inheritance when the land was given to the people of Israel. They were to help out in the temple. That was their calling. The tithe was a for of their SALARY/PROVISION.

6. jesus never disapprove of tithing, also show me where Jesus and the apostle had an income and i will absolutely agree with you, also if jesus could pay his taxes then tell me, if he had an income will he not pay his tithe
Jesus was a carpenter, remember? Do you think it was absolutely philanthropy He did? The Apostles were all well to do. Peter and his brother, the great fishermen. Matthew who worked in board of internal revenue ( grin) and so on. Paul worked and earned money, read his epistles.
None of them gave tithe, They might have paid tithe as Jews, for they were under the Law of Moses before Jesus came.
More importantly, they taught different forms of giving but not tithing, to the Christians.

7.when you understand the mind of God concerning man on earth, you will stop this talk on the church or new testament
The Bible is the mind of God concerning man. It is there for you to study. 2 Timothy 2:15; 2 Timothy 3:16; Colossians 3:16

and like i wrote in my last post, the phrase 'as poor as a church rat" is now dead, do you ask yourself why,
wealth started flowing in christian hands when they started being taught about giving and tithing,
yes i will say it , pastor and minister are over preaching it for their selfish aim but that does not change the fact that it has cause immense increase to the wallet of believers. all man will give account of himself whether it be good or bad, you just do your part
so once again " very very i say unto you only a foolish man changes a winning strategy"
Wow, this analogy is not of God.
The Bible has clearly written, principles for us to live by.
And lest I forget, do you mean there are no more "poor" Christians today. Both of those who believe and tithe, and those who don't tithe?
Have you read this verses below:
2Co 9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
2Co 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
2Co 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
2Co 9:9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
2Co 9:10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousnesswink
2Co 9:11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
2Co 9:12 For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;

Gal 6:6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
Gal 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Gal 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

2Co 8:11 Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have.
2Co 8:12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.
2Co 8:13 For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:
2Co 8:14 But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality:
2Co 8:15 As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.

Eph 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

Act 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
Act 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
Goshen360:

Hebrews 7 never did. CAN YOU QUOTE THE ACTUAL SCRIPTURE AND VERSE. This is how you deceive unsuspecting folks with your lies.SMH!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by incrediblestev: 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2013
Why are some pro-tithers acting like most churches don't keep registers for tithe payment even some Catholic parishes do it, you will know how serious it is when you want to Wed or do a child dedication, some are here claiming that it is not compulsory....I dey laugh
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 7:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
tunapa2009:

Abraham's tithe to Melchizedek was a one off voluntary tithe given by Abaraham based on the traditions and customs of his people at that time(google babylonian tithe) it wasn't based on an instruction from God neither is it applicable to christians. The quetion you should be asking is why should christians tithe of their monthly monetary income based on this one off voluntary example of Abraham.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by ashieduplus(m): 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
Sad to see that many "xtians" are tied to the apron strings of their pastors. These misguided fellows see it as their sacred suty to regurgitate the rubbish thsy have ben fed from the pulpits without taking time to STUDY the bible for themselves. Imagine someone saying that tithes link our finances with heavn. Where is that in the bible? Smh
Tithes were simply agricultural produce. Besides since 70 A.D no Jew has paid tithes or firstfruits. In the new testament xtians are simply encouraged to give.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by incrediblestev: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
Thesaints
you sound somuch like one of those prosperity preachers lying and twisting the bible to their own benefits ....so Christians became more wealthy when they taught them about tithing, really, is that a fact or one of the baseless soundbites from one of the prosperity gospel preachers you listen to? Abeg, stop posting your personal beliefs and opinions as if they were the facts..... whether you pay tithe or not, if you will succeed, you will, majority of the world's wealthiest people do not pay or believe in tithing yet they employ you that pays tithe and think you are the best thing since Moses .

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by clemensK(m): 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
Issues like tithing is one of the reasons I love the catholic church and will remain a catholic. Catholic teachings are way more reasonable than so many of the new generation pastors and churches that turn the bible upsidee down when it suites them. Try to read through this link to see link http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/what-is-the-churchs-position-on-tithing
I dont think anybody would argue that willful and gennerous giving is not good as a christain. To me, giving generously for the upkeep of the church is necessary but no one should stipulate how mucch or what perccentage should be given- could be more than or less than 10%. We should also try to see that money realised to thhe church through generous donations of its members is channelled to a just cause such as running schools, chharities, helping the poor, etc. Do not listen to any pastor that will threathen U with poverty and hardship for not giving him and his family 10% of your income to buy private jets and build universities that you cannot even afford. Giving iss good but dont feel that God is a trader or a money doubler that will turn you to a rich man because of your tithe. Remember, God gave U even the income, so that little 10% is nothing.
As Jesus preached in Matt 23:23, justice, faith and love of God are the most importannt virtues. Think about your life, are U stealing from govt coffers and pay 10% of what you have sstolen? Do you love God and obey his commands? Do you in the course of living make sure that people get justice and you are fair in ur dealings. My brother, these are what counts and not that your 10 % that you did not give with open heart or that 10 percent U want God to double for you even though U dont do hiss will.
In summary, giving for the upkeep of the cchurch iss a virtue and encouraged. But dessist from giving to pastors that dont care about your salvation or pastors accumulating the wealth of this world. Give freely from what you have and what you can afford. Also give to the poor and the needy. God will bless us all

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2013

Heb 7:1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
Heb 7:2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
Heb 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
Heb 7:4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
Heb 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
Heb 7:6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
Heb 7:7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
Heb 7:8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
Heb 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
Heb 7:10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

It is amazing those who speak of Hebrew 7 doesn't even understand the teaching of Paul here,
This scripture proves that tithing IS OF THE LAW. See the highlighted,
However, the scripture was not a teaching of or for tithing, but Paul was explaining TO THE HEBREWS, who had the LAW OF MOSES given.
Paul was teaching of the Priesthood Ministry. How that Melchisedec was a TYPE of the High Priest of our salvation.
He was teaching of the imperfection of the Law of Moses.

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Heb 7:13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
Heb 7:15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
Heb 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
Heb 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
Heb 7:20 And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
Heb 7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedecsmiley
Heb 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
Heb 7:23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
Heb 7:24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

Paul was teaching of salvation for the Jews, he had to talk to them in line with the understanding of the message of the Law.
Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
Heb 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
Heb 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
Heb 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by incrediblestev: 7:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
ochuko eja: tithing links your finance to the kingdom of heaven. you are simply paying tax to God not because he needs it. You are simply saying your source is not from the earth rather its heavenly. its just a symbol that is linking your finance to heaven, therefore you cant be affected by economic crisis because where your source is from, such does not exist. Saying we are ambassadors of christ goes beyond literal meaning. we do pay our tax to the governement of our country, dont we? this is the main reason when things are not going right we blame the government because we are all stakeholders. How can you hold God responsible for your woes when there is no link? An ambassador of France in Nigeria may not be frazzled if the economic situation in Nigeria goes downhill because he knows his source (salary and welfare) is tied to france. Then again, we are not being forced to pay tithe, there are other weightier matters in the kingdom of God
this is nonsensical, who is teaching you this rubbish, so your pastor does not need my tax yet he won't let me rest with his subliminal referenced to my nonpayment of it. Nigerian banks lay people off every now and then, many of them tithe paying Christians, nothing special about them, they are not wealthier than their colleagues that do not give a damn about tithe, in fact I have a friend that is in the habit of begging me for money every time I visit him, he is strong tithe paying member of rccg yet my pocket no dey rest any time we see.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by lif2uz(m): 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2013
[quote author=Sunshinny]Una no dey tire for tithing issue sef?
Abeg ask them for me joor!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PreciousGem(f): 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
Somebody shout haleluyah! I say smebody shout haleluyah! Thank u pastor Kun for makin this opportunity available 4 us to testify. Ever since I got d undst of payin tithe and was devoted to it i discover that my life became 10 times better than when i was not payin my tithe. I experience greater increase in my life and I shall nver stop cos this increase is gonna be transfer 2 my children and children's children. Praise God! So @kun or watever u're am not listening...
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by incrediblestev: 7:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
PreciousGem: Somebody shout haleluyah! I say smebody shout haleluyah! Thank u pastor Kun for makin this opportunity available 4 us to testify. Ever since I got d undst of payin tithe and was devoted to it i discover that my life became 10 times better than when i was not payin my tithe. I experience greater increase in my life and I shall nver stop cos this increase is gonna be transfer 2 my children and children's children. Praise God! So @kun or watever u're am not listening...
get q job first before dreaming of paying tithe....you don't seem like somebody that is capable of feeding yourself let alone sharing with another person.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

Why I Believe Stephanie Otobo Is Lying Against Apostle Sulieman / CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State / Pope Francis Baptizes John Francesco Ogah, Nigerian Beggar Turned Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.