Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (37387 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by honeric01(m): 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2013
Elliotwiz1: it is not compulsory, if you dont want to pay your tithe, suite yourself.

If its not compulsory, why do the pastors preach about it every sunday with curses attached to it if you don't pay?

Are those not paying tithe eating from hand to mouth? Why the 'noise' on tithe by the pastors? What is the place of tithe in making heaven?

What is the role of tithe in salvation Jesus came to give freely?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2013
iykofias: Bn reading comments n counter comments on ds thread for d past 2hrs,and I feel inclined to add mine.
I was attending chris embassy aka bliver luvworld on campus in ma 300L,I became close to d pastor who later assign me to d technical group because I'm gud wit electrical stuff n appliances. But I noticed somtin in evri service, d focal point of d messages always deals on 'tithe'_it is either 'd 1st step towards salvation is payin ur tithe' or 'stop robbing God bethrem' infact d pastor also tries to put me into it.buh dia ws no way dats gonna happen (mainly because of ma catholic orientation).I do give d pastor cash at times buh I dnt brand it 'tithe',jux giving/dash. we all av to undstnd somtin : pastorship is nt a full time Job_d apostles had somtin doin while preaching d gospel. dey nv received 'tithe' instead dey received goodwill 4rm pple,like food/money,commendation n mnymore.
I'm nt against those giving, I'm only concern wit d alter word of d Lord on d lips of fause preachers
yes, even without paying your tithes you can enter heaven, through righteousness...have you ever thought back to the time of the apostles...ananias and his wife sold their land, but did not give ALL...everyone else was giving everything to the church...today, if someone comes and sell his property because he wants to give to the church, everyone would start pointing fingers at him and saying rubbish, why?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
honeric01:

If its not compulsory, why do the pastors preach about it every sunday with curses attached to it if you don't pay?

Are those not paying tithe eating from hand to mouth? Why the 'noise' on tithe by the pastors? What is the place of tithe in making heaven?

What is the role of tithe in salvation Jesus came to give freely?
false prophets are everywhere, they preach about wealth and not salvation, but because they always preach about tithe does not mean It's wrong, you have a choice, you either pay it or you dont, they wont force you to sign a cheque!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by chy22(m): 3:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
baiem:

Pro & anti Tithe: Please Did Jesus Christ, Peter & other Apostles, Paul and early Christians pay tithe?

No they did not

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Begino1: 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
writersmoney: By the grace of God, I don't just bring every 10% to God as tithes, but I also add at least 3% to it, ie, at least 13% at tithes, excluding my generous givings, offerings and sacrifices and vows, and I do see the hand of God mighty upon me and overshadowingly on me . Let me give us a personal testimony on how God saved me. Around 1st of October, 2012 being Monday, someone gave me N1000, and my tithe should be N100, but then, I proposed to give more that it as tithe, but I said its small, so I will not pay it on Sunday been 7th. All this is happening in my heart, and I never told any. Then, early hours of that Sunday Morning, I discovered that the rapture had taking place and I did not make it. However, I was happy that every member of my family made it, because it seems I prayed for them before sleeping, and I said that I will never take the mark when tribulation started. To my surprise, I was told that one of the reason was that I never paid the tithe when I ought to, though I later used my blood to ransom myself. All this was happening as if its that Sunday evening. As I waked, it was all a dream and its that Sunday morning, I began to shade tears and asking God for mercy and also thanking HIM. I gave the tithe that day. Anyone, who wants to go to heaven, should not just be holy, but also give God the tithe. I was even asked of the tithe and not if I give more than it. Beware of false teachers. You and I must tithe. GOD BLESS US ALL ALWAYS IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN.
liars will never make heaven and u are one of them. In the parable of poor lazarus and the rich man, how many tithe did lazarus pay to God to make heaven? Answer that and the thief beside Jesus Christ on the cross, how much in tithe did he pay to God before Jesus made him the first person to enter heaven with him. Let the word of God correspond with ur dreams or u stop dreaming dreams from the pit of hell.

4 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by honeric01(m): 3:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
Elliotwiz1: false prophets are everywhere, they preach about wealth and not salvation, but because they always preach about tithe does not mean It's wrong, you have a choice, you either pay it or you dont, they wont force you to sign a cheque!

Oga, kindly address my questions, what comments aren't contributing to the growth of those who need clarification on this issue.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by WildChild00(m): 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
For better understanding of tithing in the bible, please read the following Bible passages and link Luke 11:42, Leviticus 27:30, Mathew 23:23, Malachi 3:10, 2 Corinthians 9:7, Psalms 24:1, Malachi 3:8

www.thebiblepage.org/biblesays/tithing.shtml
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
jamace: Most of those who tithe these days are those who cut corners by stealing from govt through contracts or steal from employees by shortchanging them. Most of these cr-oo-ks think they can cheat their fellow man and bribe God. I know a man who owns a company. He doesn't pay his workers well but donates mightily to the church. To this I ask, is he trying to please God who he does not see and cheat his fellowman? And the realisation that most of these tithing churches are family churches where the husband is the head and the wife is the deputy annoys me the more. grin grin. Na wa o grin grin

Saul the king of Israel thought he could bribe God. But God dealt with him and told him, "Behold to obey is better than sacrifice and to hearken than the fat of rams"

dis is no point. shine ur eyez to know d church u go. all the tins said here does not happen in my church. if u a thief prostitute. fraudsters and d likes you can pay tithe there becos it is announced before u do so
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by oyeludef(m): 3:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Obviously you have no "salient points" other than what you have been fed with by your pastor, if you do share them here as you might even convince me to start tithing wink
no amount of prayer cn work fr u talklss of his testimony. stop deceivin urslf wit d pastr title u carry abt
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by iykofias(m): 3:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
Elliotwiz1: yes, even without paying your tithes you can enter heaven, through righteousness...have you ever thought back to the time of the apostles...ananias and his wife sold their land, but did not give ALL...everyone else was giving everything to the church...today, if someone comes and sell his property because he wants to give to the church, everyone would start pointing fingers at him and saying rubbish, why?
giving shuld b on FREEWILL nt because of d pastor's curse or conning of d scriptures!

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 3:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
baiem:

Pro & anti Tithe: Please Did Jesus Christ, Peter & other Apostles, Paul and early Christians pay tithe?

emphatic NO for the following reasons

1. Jesus grew up a carpenter hence doesn't qualify to pay tithe and he was from the tribe of Judah thus disqualifying him from receiving tithe

2. Most of the apostles were fishermen hence disqualified from paying tithe but more importantly, none was recorded to be from the tribe of Levi hence unqualified to collect tithe. Infact the most prolific writer of the new testament, apostle Paul was from the tribe of Benjamin therefore clearly and unambiguously unqualified to collect tithes

3. If Jewish Christians continued tithing, the only group qualified to receive it were the Levites functioning at the temple and these were fully practicing their ancient religion of Judaism which was antagonistic of Christ in his earthly ministry and had nothing whatsoever to do with the church started in Jerusalem.

This would explain why the early converts to Christianity sold whatever they had freely without compulsion and brought to the apostles for distribution to the needy among them. It had NOTHING to do with tithing. This is the freewill giving mentioned all over the new testament which we ought to live by.

8 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
honeric01:

Oga, kindly address my questions, what comments aren't contributing to the growth of those who need clarification on this issue.
please scroll up and read all the previous messages i posted....if you still dont understand, then ask again.... Hints:false.prophets* not.compulsory* you.dont.need.it.to.enter.heaven* It's.not.a.sin* it.serves.as.a.shield.of.protection*
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by chy22(m): 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
Those of us that are bend to justifying the greed of their pastors and them self have rather decided to make reference to people who in reality are not christians. The new era, christianity and the new convenat all started after the death of Jesus christ, how they make reference to people and events that occurred years before the coming of Jesus christ as a justification for tithe and offerings in today's christianity is still alien to me.

The perfect lamb of God (John 1:29) "Behold! The lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world".
In the old testament (leviticus4 and 5, Exodus 12) accounted different offerings practiced by the people of God for the atonement of sins and God's blessing. However, the old testament has a lot of accounts that points to the works and coming of Jesus christ that will mark a new beginning.
Jesus christ is the perfect sacrificial offering, he suffered as a sign of his full obedience to the will of God. Why then should we decide to stick to the past and our greed even when he has made a new and easy path for us to follow.

It is through his death on the cross of God's perfect sacrifice for sin and His resurrection three days later that we can now have eternal life if we believe in Him. The fact that God himself has provided the offering (Jesus christ the lamb of God ) is part of the glorious good news of the gospel that is so clearly declared in 1 peter 1:18:21 there is no need to dwell in the past and in the old when Jesus has made for us a better today and feature.
"for you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of christ, a lamb without blemish or defect......continued.

Tithe and offering has no place in the life of a christian that believes and have faith in the death Jesus christ

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by honeric01(m): 3:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
Elliotwiz1: please scroll up and read all the previous messages i posted....if you still dont understand, then ask again.... Hints:false.prophets* not.compulsory* you.dont.need.it.to.enter.heaven* It's.not.a.sin* it.serves.as.a.shield.of.protection*

Paying tithe serves as protection? Wonders! did any of the founders of christianity pay tithe? If yes, who and who with references.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by baiem: 3:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
Candour:

This would explain why the early converts to Christianity sold whatever they had freely without compulsion and brought to the apostles for distribution to the needy among them. It had NOTHING to do with tithing. This is the freewill giving mentioned all over the new testament which we ought to live by.

Thanks

One of those who sold a field he owned was a LEVITE. Acts 4:36

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
If you are going to tithe, then you must follow it to the letter, not partially.

According to the scriptures, there are 3 types of tithes:

1. The first Tithe in the bible is that which the Children of Israel are supposed to give to the tribe of Levi as their inheritance, because they were instructed to have no share in the inheritance of the land.
Num 18:21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.
Num 18:22 Neither must the children of Israel henceforth come nigh the tabernacle of the congregation, lest they bear sin, and die.
Num 18:23 But the Levites shall do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they shall bear their iniquity: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations, that among the children of Israel they have no inheritance.
Num 18:24 But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.
Num 18:25 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Num 18:26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe.

2. The second is the tithe from the Levites to the Priesthood family; Aaron's family in that day.
Num 18:28 Thus ye also shall offer an heave offering unto the LORD of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the LORD'S heave offering to Aaron the priest.

3. The third type of tithe is to be done in the year of tithing; The children of Israel were instructed to share this with a certain group of people; The poor, destitute, fatherless, Levite (because he has no inheritance) etc. This particular tithing was to be done every 3 years.

Deu 14:22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.
Deu 14:23 And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.
Deu 14:24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee:
Deu 14:25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose:
Deu 14:26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,
Deu 14:27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.
Deu 14:28
At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:
Deu 14:29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

In these 3 types of tithing, we were shown the why, what, how and when of tithing.
I would try and point out these.......

8 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by bomsilaga(m): 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
I appreciate this thread cos my personal testimony about tithing is one of God's grace and love. as a young Christian, I was taught all the benefits of tithing and as it's put; I tithed faithfully.
my church later introduced serious prayers for tithe payers and that was my turning point. I went back to God for direction and was confident that God won't just destroy me for stopping tithing.

God's goodness ever since I stopped cannot be measured as I have moved from seeking daily bread to a provider of daily bread
tithing is no longer necessary just have a considerate heart and do good to all men.
thanks
haters will always hate and the blindness will only increase.

4 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Candour:

emphatic NO for the following reasons

1. Jesus grew up a carpenter hence doesn't qualify to pay tithe and he was from the tribe of Judah thus disqualifying him from receiving tithe

2. Most of the apostles were fishermen hence disqualified from paying tithe but more importantly, none was recorded to be from the tribe of Levi hence unqualified to collect tithe. Infact the most prolific writer of the new testament, apostle Paul was from the tribe of Benjamin therefore clearly and unambiguously unqualified to collect tithes

3. If Jewish Christians continued tithing, the only group qualified to receive it were the Levites functioning at the temple and these were fully practicing their ancient religion of Judaism which was antagonistic of Christ in his earthly ministry and had nothing whatsoever to do with the church started in Jerusalem.

Thank you for this, I was coming to that. The reason many pay tithe is that they don't really know what it is.
If you understand tithing, you would understand it is not even a Christian practice but purely Judaism!

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Boomark(m): 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
@iboman, you are wise.

Am glad bidam my friend said he received his revelation on paying tithe from the word in the bible just as others would receive their own different revelation base on their understanding or pre-conviction.

But if the truth must be told, GIVING brings blessings to both Christians and non-Christians. Tithe is not a command to Christians but Giving is. Those using malachi 3 as bases for paying tithe are putting themselves in the bondage of the law as it is in galatians 3 and 5. Those who threaten their brethren with malachi are doing so in ignorance or with ulterior motive (This where the problem is with the preachers).

Christians who gave to the apostles, gave bountifully out of their heart without a mandated fixed percentage when their is need for it. the commandment on giving to Christians was for them to help brothers, sisters and those in need as this is what pleases God(Heb 13:16). There is no where it was commanded that Christians should pay tithe.

Receiving from the act of giving is NATURAL(that is the principle many are confessing that works for them and not what Christians are commanded to do). Those rejoicing that they are giving to God through their tithe while neglecting those in need should remember that these people(the least of his brethren) are the Christ the see. Especially those hoarding their tithe while Christ suffers are not being fair to the lord.

You will get whatever fold you desire by giving tithe, even those who give bribe with testify of the blessings they have received by their giving it. But let it not be as those who see that casting out demons in the name of the lord actually works but the lord himself will declared them workers of iniquities.

@Drummerboy: sorry o! I have always known that serving Christ is actually easy and that is what has been keeping me, because i focus on him alone if not.... 'Sub-masters' are not superior to the Master.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by dadamuyiwa: 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
God2man: Tithe has been in existence before Pastor kun was born, i do not understand why he is hell bent on destroying church doctrine.

@Pastor kun, give us names of churches that have stopped tithing.

Up till now, the following churches still copmly with the tithe doctrine: MFM FOUNDED1989, CAC FOUNDED 1930, REDEEMED 1952, WINNERS 1981, DEEPER LIFE 1973 and more churches.

So, who is Pastor Kun to come to this forum fighting like a wounded lion that TITHE has been abolished from the same Bible that the founder of these churches read, not only study but fasted, prayed, and had encounter with God.

The truth is, if all these churches are wrong, then Pastor kun must Have a re-think.

I rest my case on this thread, as i have done for the other thread.

God bless you all.
God2man.

Go to The Apostolic Church (Owner of Crawford University), they don't pat tithe there. Even, they will never cajoule you to pay offering.
Don't be surprise to know that most of these Penteostal pastor know that tithing is wrong but it's an easy avenue to milk the gullible Nigerians. It's well.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
honeric01:

Paying tithe serves as protection? Wonders! did any of the founders of christianity pay tithe? If yes, who and who with references.
is that the only point you read? I'm not here to argue about this, i just discovered i'm wasting my mb by replying You'...I've told you the truth, if you like accept, if you like refuse it, It's your choice.....you like quoting only the versions of the bible that favours you, you look blindly at the real things and focus on what favours You'...It's your choice... mal3:11="....if i will not rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of your soil...." does this ring a bell? ....tithe is being paid to someone who is spiritually higher than you, or who you consider a spiritual father...was anyone above Jesus when he was on earth? No, no one was...above the apostles?? I dont know of any, Paul did not pay because he was not a worker...he was a stern evangelism who feeds from what others give...bible passages shows that people paid tithe or what looks like tithe during the days of the apostles, the story of ananias and his wife is a clear example....you know the truth, but You've refused to accept it, You've blinded your mind from the truth, if you dont want to pay your tithe, feel free but dont preach it as a doctrine of christ....!...Walks out of the thread*
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
fr_evangel:

Thank you for this, I was coming to that. The reason many pay tithe is that they don't really know what it is.
If you understand tithing, you would understand it is not even a Christian practice but purely Judaism!

Thanks my brother. Its clearly Judaism but will greed allow our men of God to be honest about it?

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by emmog25: 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
You have lost it completely, there are two deep secret in life you've got to know; Giving and salvation of soul.

Now, the truth about giving is that you will never lack, except if you give in other to earn back immediately (you wont see anything brother). because you have earn your reward by feeling proud (within yourself) that you've given.

1st:The truth is there is no book like the bible, you can use it even to achieve evil purposes. Tithe is real and the reward is great! but if you've lost it and you don't even want to obey the teachings of paying your ten percent in the church. try to dedicate it to an orphanage home without grudge. you will see what reward that will come thereafter. (but here you've got no salvation, but success only). this is why you see unbeliever shining and sharing his/her success story.

2nd: follow God and worship him from your deepest heart(love him) and follow is words to the latter. here you unlock and redeemed your generation's promises and lay more forward. (here you see blessing and salvation).

Let see how this stingy people that doesn't wants to path with there 10% will be in 10 years from now. except if they have sold themselves to the devil. #BYTHEWAY I NO BE PASTOR o... I STILL DEY SEEK FOR HIM FACE O. God forgive us all.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Gentleme1: 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
KunleOshob will be feeling frustrated for not tithing grin
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
fr_evangel: If you are going to tithe, then you must follow it to the letter, not partially.

According to the scriptures, there are 3 types of tithes:

1. The first Tithe in the bible is that which the Children of Israel are supposed to give to the tribe of Levi as their inheritance, because they were instructed to have no share in the inheritance of the land.
[/color]

2. The second is the tithe from the Levites to the Priesthood family; Aaron's family in that day.
[color=#006600]

3. The third type of tithe is to be done in the year of tithing; The children of Israel were instructed to share this with a certain group of people; The poor, destitute, fatherless, Levite (because he has no inheritance) etc. This particular tithing was to be done every 3 years.

In these 3 types of tithing, we were shown the why, what, how and when of tithing.
I would try and point out these.......
without paying this tithes, you can make heaven, that is what you should be focusing on, it is written in the bible that we should pay tithes...10% is what is known as tithe...check your dictionary....if someone decides to pay his tithe, dont try to stop him!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Israelpeters(m): 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
my people have forsake me please please let us understand that on the last day anti Christ would distract us but believe me pay your title it is an obligation you own to God
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
Like I pointed out, THE WHY? WHAT? HOW AND WHEN? OF TITHING

THE WHY?
Tithing was instituted as THE INHERITANCE (PROVISION) for the tribe of Levi.
When God gave the land of Canaan to the children of Israel, there were 12 tribes, from the 12 sons o Israel.
The inheritance was shared among 11 tribes and the Levites were given no inheritance.
They were called to serve in the temple and minister with the Priests (Aaron's family).

Deu_10:8 At that time the LORD separated the tribe of Levi, to bear the ark of the covenant of the LORD, to stand before the LORD to minister unto him, and to bless in his name, unto this day.
Deu_18:1 The priests the Levites, and all the tribe of Levi, shall have no part nor inheritance with Israel: they shall eat the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and his inheritance.
Jos_13:14 Only unto the tribe of Levi he gave none inheritance; the sacrifices of the LORD God of Israel made by fire are their inheritance, as he said unto them.
Jos_13:33 But unto the tribe of Levi Moses gave not any inheritance: the LORD God of Israel was their inheritance, as he said unto them.

But the Levites had families and needed to provide for theirs. God then instructed the entire nation to save 10% (a tenth or tithe as we know it) of their harvest(I will come to this later). This tenth or tithe or 10% of their increase was to be given to the tribe of Levi as their own share, hence IT WAS A PROVISION FOR THE TRIBE OF LEVI ONLY at this stage....

5 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Matimo: 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
I have no interest in talking about this topic but with the way it is going, i want to ask those who are anti-tithe 2 questions, "Did Jesus say you shouldn't pay tithe?" What did Jesus says about tithe?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by tunapole: 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2013
Fellownairalanders, the issue of tithin is one thst shdnt be taken lightly, as christians, lets practise wat works for us, until january dis year, i av always been a faithful tither & it works like wonders in my life until the 1st of of dis year that i found myself in the gatherin of my friends & colleagues who put arguementd back & forth & i seems to key into some of dre ungodly arguements & i stopped payin tithes, thid year in terms of personal growh & devt has been the worst for me as i usually make a loss equivalent to the value of the money i used to pay on tithes every month, thank God for revelations, things are takin shape again

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by chy22(m): 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2013
bomsilaga: I appreciate this thread cos my personal testimony about tithing is one of God's grace and love. as a young Christian, I was taught all the benefits of tithing and as it's put; I tithed faithfully.
my church later introduced serious prayers for tithe payers and that was my turning point. I went back to God for direction and was confident that God won't just destroy me for stopping tithing.

God's goodness ever since I stopped cannot be measured as I have moved from seeking daily bread to a provider of daily bread
tithing is no longer necessary just have a considerate heart and do good to all men.
thanks
haters will always hate and the blindness will only increase.
I can hear the holyspirit speaking through you. Remain blessed
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by honeric01(m): 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
Elliotwiz1: is that the only point you read? I'm not here to argue about this, i just discovered i'm wasting my mb by replying You'...I've told you the truth, if you like accept, if you like refuse it, It's your choice.....you like quoting only the versions of the bible that favours you, you look blindly at the real things and focus on what favours You'...It's your choice... mal3:11="....if i will not rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of your soil...." does this ring a bell? ....tithe is being paid to someone who is spiritually higher than you, or who you consider a spiritual father...was anyone above Jesus when he was on earth? No, no one was...above the apostles?? I dont know of any, Paul did not pay because he was not a worker...he was a stern evangelism who feeds from what others give...bible passages shows that people paid tithe or what looks like tithe during the days of the apostles, the story of ananias and his wife is a clear example....you know the truth, but You've refused to accept it, You've blinded your mind from the truth, if you dont want to pay your tithe, feel free but dont preach it as a doctrine of christ....!...Walks out of the thread*

Don't turn it into a fight, let me ask you again, who among the early christians pay tithe? Kindly help with bible reference too and pls stop quoting malachi for questions pertaining the new testament.

YOU MEAN THE STORY OF Annaias & Sapphira WAS ABOUT TITHE? Anything to support what you can backup?

How does this concern tithe?

Acts 5:1-11 New International Version (NIV) Ananias and Sapphira Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest
and put it at the apostles’ feet. 3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the
Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the
money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was
sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What
made you think of doing such a thing? You have
not lied just to human beings but to God.” 5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what
had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him
out and buried him. 7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for
the land?” “Yes,” she said, “that is the price.” 9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the
men who buried your husband are at the door,
and they will carry you out also.” 10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding
her dead, carried her out and buried her beside
her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by macdelene(m): 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
I thank God for those that are steadfast in their tithing . I truely need the same Grace becos I do err a lot when it comes to tithing. Tithing creat way for blessing for u and removes u for debt. I have tried it and it has worked for me. I need to do more and be principled abt it

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement / Woman And Her Drugs At Apostle Johnson Suleman's Church For Deliverance (Photos) / Why I Believe Stephanie Otobo Is Lying Against Apostle Sulieman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.