Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,539 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (37344 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by emmog25: 12:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
DrummaBoy: My own testimony will come in form of a 'reverse'. I shared how I stopped tithing on FB and created a bit of rochus in Church. Then I went to Radio to explain that Christians should not tithe. In response my church leadership has sacked me from being a church worker and I really don't know what next is coming.

But in all, God is my helper. I will whether this storm and come even stronger in conviction. I will return to share how I stopped tithing as soon as I can.

Great thread, Kun!

Woe unto you! I see a great reproach on u... Please seek more of jesus... Becuz the storm is just starting... Becuase u know the truth about God already.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by danot1030: 12:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
pastorkun, christembasy wit others ar agents of hell on asignment 2 twist d truth n spread falsehood, their aim is to return d church 2 old age poverty. my disapointment is dat dey will come 2 d public 2 anounce it in NL wen their distruction comes.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by ojimbo(m): 12:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
rezzy:

My usual quote: Mal 3 vs 8 or so.
book of malacia, was it written before christ or after christ?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Valto(m): 12:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
chronique: I'm not surprised at this thread. My bible clearly tells me that there shall be false prophets and false doctrines preached as some of the signs of the endtime,insomuch that even the very elect might be confused/misled. However,it advices me to watch and pray steadfastly and hold on to that(the word of God) which I have received,lest it be taken away from me. Every male child that openeth the womb of man or animal,was given to God as tithe in the old testament. Your tithe is 1/10th of your increase. When you give your tithe to God,it does not "necessarily" need to come back to you as a financial increase. God is not a money doubler. Your tithe could work for you in several ways. Paying tithe could just be the reason why you have sound health or why you're still alive. Pay your tithe to God and he will decide where,when,how and through what medium he wants to bless you. Even if you have all the money in the world,you cannot buy good health or life. The only reason I won't pay tithe is if I'm not earning a dime.

To those who say God does not exist: if only you guys can prove to me how you were created or came into existence,I'd believe you. Since I can't prove how man came into existence other than the biblical account given,I'd choose to go with my scriptures. I'd rather live my life as a fool,believing that heaven n hell is real and finding out later that they are not real,than discarding them away as pure fallacies and finding out one day(when it would be too late) that they're real.
bro. paying tithe does not quarantee anything. A tithe payer can die or av misfortune at anytime irrespective of how much he pays, the same with people who dont. God blesses, protects and saves as it pleases him.. Stop deceiving yourself.

7 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 12:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
emmog25:

Woe unto you! I see a great reproach on u... Please seek more of jesus... Becuz the storm is just starting... Becuase u know the truth about God already.

shocked shocked shocked haba!!! because he stopped tithing you're declaring woe? Is that the worst sin in your opinion? If you hear he commited murder, what will you say?

This is serious

5 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by ojimbo(m): 12:59pm On Oct 06, 2013
Perfectwazobia: Ready your Bible, 10% of your income belongs to God. You are are a false pastor trying to abuse the mind of people against God.
I pity your family because you may not reap the evil fruit alone. How many people have you bring to the knowlegde of Christ.
If you don't want to obey Bible must you look for followers. In the name of christ stop this, even Abraham payed tithe.
Ask the Holy spirit to give you understanding...Bewarned pastorkun! A dog that will be lost will not hear the beckoning of the owner!!!
to be sincere, are you realy paying the exact 10% of your farm produce to the widows or poor once, because that was what bible asked you to do and not to pay a money to a pastor or church

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Enigma(m): 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
Candour: shocked shocked shocked haba!!! because he stopped tithing you're declaring woe? Is that the worst sin in your opinion? If you hear he commited murder, what will you say?

This is serious

Na only that one? what about the one below?

Easyfren: Those who are against tithes are either antichrist or showing lack of Bible knowledge. They claim Malachi chapter 3 was not stated by Christ as it is in the Old Testament but where the Old Testament promises blessings, healing, long life and wealth, the antitithers claim it as their portion. If you choose what and where to obey in the Bible, you are antichrist. It's not just enough to believe in God because the devil also believes and trembles.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
Candour:

shocked shocked shocked haba!!! because he stopped tithing you're declaring woe? Is that the worst sin in your opinion? If you hear he commited murder, what will you say?

This is serious

grin grin grin
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by kingsleyejims(m): 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hardly will Xtians av a unified view of d bible,though I pray it miraculously happens someday...measuring what one gives to God should be frowned at,rather what our heart and conscience says...we are xtians and should learn according to d works/words of Jesus Christ,particularly in New testament,while d old testament helps us with histories..d old gave way to d new just as d prophets gave way to Jesus!!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by femoree2(m): 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Kindly show us from scriptures why you think Master Jesus requires tithes from you.
Malachi 3 vs 10.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
ojimbo: to be sincere, are you realy paying the exact 10% of your farm produce to the widows or poor once, because that was what bible asked you to do and not to pay a money to a pastor or church
Help me ask them ooo!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by silkysam: 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
Bros,this message is from the pit of hell, if tithing is bad leave it for me. Sowing is one of the spiritual cure to poverty. The devil is trying to turn away people from doing the right thing. Even many pastor will tell u it does not matter that God looks at the heart. Bros keep ur false doctrine to yourself and your follow congregation that is against tithe
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The instruction in that passage was not given by Jesus neither was it directed to christians. Also tithes in that passage was not money contrary to the false version of tithes practised today. I am sure you know it's a sin to twist God's word for whatever reason.
false religionundecided
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by chronique(m): 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
That's ur opinion. I've read my bible well enough to know what to do.
Valto: bro. paying tithe does not quarantee anything. A tithe payer can die or av misfortune at anytime irrespective of how much he pays, the same with people who dont. God blesses, protects and saves as it pleases him.. Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Aifey(m): 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
Remove d tith n offerin from d church, I bet u will never see posters of miracles n double, undeserved favour on our road bn round abouts.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
ProPastorChris: @OP
If only you can put a third of the energy you put up fighting this useless battle into winning souls for the Kingdom, you would have become a hero in heaven.
Bro, do not waste your time, tithing is not your pass-way to heaven, its the Name of Jesus that points you in the right direction in life.
Think of this; if you tithe, you are giving to God, if you do not tithe, you are not giving to God, so who do you think will gain or lose?
I cannot stop tithing cos I love doing what the Word says.
the word of God never commanded christians to pay tithe
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by iboman(m): 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
At first I tithed religiously, then I studied the bible more and felt the tithe teaching was somehow wrong especially as church workers do not enjoy the benefit of tithe. But I didn't have the boldness to question what a MAN OF GOD has uttered though pondered over it severally. Then I discovered something that made me conclude these so called men of God are mostly ordinary humans. They quarrel among themselves, up to the stage of calling names and enmity, they fight over church money, sharing formula, politicking as to where to be sent; they break away for no just reason to form their own churches, they build schools from everybody's contributions and then make them very expensive etc. All these made me thinking: these are mere men! And if mere men, I can question what they do. Then I saw in the bible that we should question all spirits and I saw John 1:12 that by merely believing in Christ, I become a son of God, and therefore a heir to God's kingdom (Rom. 8:16-17) and God allows his sun (rain) to shine on both d good and the bad. I came to realize that I'm not under any curse once I'm in Christ even though unpleasant things may come. To cut a long story short, I started living my own life as a Christian instead of the life as dictated by a man of God, I research into the bible more and ponder more.

My Conclusion: offering as a Christian should be voluntary, not obligatory. Christians who see others with divergent opinions (such as this issue of not paying tithe) as being used by the devil are certainly not Spirit-filled as they claim because a spirit filled-person will not say such. A spirit filled person is cautious of uttering negative statements as admonished in Jude. He's not concerned with mundane things but how to be more and more like Christ. This is the point of departure of modern day Christianity - our crave for money and living in fleshly affluence is beguiling us. Peace be to all of us.

16 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by ojimbo(m): 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
plaetton:

What about taxes? Do you also pay all your taxes when due?
go and form your own planet and form your own contry there so that you will not pay tax,,
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by ajadek(m): 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
[quote author=rezzy]Praise the Lord, my testimony goes like this, You anti tithe Christians have not been able to confuse me. I still pay my tithe. Praise Master Jesus. Halleluyah[/quotemay god bless u
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by sylve11: 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
Perfectwazobia: Ready your Bible, 10% of your income belongs to God. You are are a false pastor trying to abuse the mind of people against God.
I pity your family because you may not reap the evil fruit alone. How many people have you bring to the knowlegde of Christ.
If you don't want to obey Bible must you look for followers. In the name of christ stop this, even Abraham payed tithe.
Ask the Holy spirit to give you understanding...Bewarned pastorkun! A dog that will be lost will not hear the beckoning of the owner!!!

if nor be something i for say u dey craze. To think Abraham paid tithe from his income is crazy of u. Pls go read ur bible and not let ur pastorz to deceive u. Man, y una lazy to read the bible self? cool

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by FinanceFitness: 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
F
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by danot1030: 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
pastorkun, if wot u ar sayin abt tithe is d biblical truth as u claimd, u nid not press it, u shuld hav allwd d truth 2 work out itself, bt d way u goes abt it reflect d atribut of satan d father of liers, dis is hw he presurise ppl 2 accept his lies
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Leward(m): 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
U know what i think, i think you are either poor, broke, or in debt, which makes it difficult for you to pay your tithe, and you are consoling/giving yourself excuses, if not, 10% of your income JUST incase the pastor is right won't be a problem, but you are not supposed to lead others astray with your issues.

No offence , but i think this is the situation and i believe i'm right
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by sylve11: 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
ojimbo: go and form your own planet and form your own contry there so that you will not pay tax,,

lwkmd. grin cool
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by ajadek(m): 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
[quote author=rezzy]Praise the Lord, my testimony goes like this, You anti tithe Christians have not been able to confuse me. I still pay my tithe. Praise Master Jesus. Halleluyah[/quotemay god bless u,may god give me grace to be paying mothan 10% of my tith.god of god,lord of lord,heavenly father.god of abraham.god of istreal.jehova.god of father son and holy spirit.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 1:23pm On Oct 06, 2013
iboman: At first I tithed religiously, then I studied the bible more and felt the tithe teaching was somehow wrong especially as church workers do not enjoy the benefit of tithe. But I didn't have the boldness to question what a MAN OF GOD has uttered though pondered over it severally. Then I discovered something that made me conclude these so called men of God are mostly ordinary humans. They quarrel among themselves, up to the stage of calling names and enmity, they fight over church money, sharing formula, politicking as to where to be sent; they break away for no just reason to form their own churches, they build schools from everybody's contributions and then make them very expensive etc. All these made me thinking: these are mere men! And if mere men, I can question what they do. Then I saw in the bible that we should question all spirits and I saw John 1:12 that by merely believing in Christ, I become a son of God, and therefore a heir to God's kingdom (Rom. 8:16-17) and God allows his sun (rain) to shine on both d good and the bad. I came to realize that I'm not under any curse once I'm in Christ even though unpleasant things may come. To cut a long story short, I started living my own life as a Christian instead of the life as dictated by a man of God, I research into the bible more and ponder more.

My Conclusion: offering as a Christian should be voluntary, not obligatory. Christians who see others with divergent opinions (such as this issue of not paying tithe) as being used by the devil are certainly not Spirit-filled as they claim because a spirit filled-person will not say such. A spirit filled person is cautious of uttering negative statements as admonished in Jude. He's not concerned with mundane things but how to be more and more like Christ. This is the point of departure of modern day Christianity - our crave for money and living in fleshly affluence is beguiling us. Peace be to all of us.

1million likes.

I love your treatise. I pray more of God's grace on your life
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by danot1030: 1:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
mabell: Awesome.
I do 20% of my tithe now
I plan to do more sef
God wil bless u my bros, it is a mata of ur comitment 2 God wich is personal, dey c man wen dey giv tithe bt we c God, we giv our tithe 2 d high priest of d church
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Zikkyy(m): 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
Candour:

This is serious

grin grin maybe he is a pastor and his cash inflow is threatened.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
useless yhread what does ur bible say about tithe not whatk pastor do or say. shine ur eyes and find a bible real church. people follow pastor word instead of God word.

end time tinz and nearer
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
please who is Tithing? wer is he from?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Panshow(m): 1:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tithing?,
sometimes I give sometimes I don't, and I am okay.
Don't let anything to bother you. just do the will of your mind.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by danot1030: 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Obviously u hav no "salient points" other than wot u hav been fed wit by your pastor, if u do share dem here as u might even convince me to start tithing wink
u need no convictn, eat ur tithe God is not hungary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State / Why I Believe Stephanie Otobo Is Lying Against Apostle Sulieman / Why Demons Love Sperm,and Discharges.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.