Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (37388 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Leward(m): 2:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
chukslawrence: Tithers be sincere to this ques......... Let's assume that from Jan to this Oct your monthly income is always #100 million or above, can you give God 10%(#10 million) of each of ur monthly income ?
Y nt? 10M out of 100M leaves 90M

#POVERTY

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by avalontony(m): 2:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
this is my testimony.... in september 2013, i prayed and asked God that i want to pay my tithe for that month, although i had no income and was jobless, staying at home, at mid september nothing happened...i did not lose faith, as the Lord may have it, i got a job by ending of september and i worked for a week and got paid, so i am gonna pay my september tithe.... And i praise God for His mercies, grace and faithfulness. When i pay my tithe, i dont just take my money to the church, i kneel down and lift it up to God as a sacrifice, just like Abel did, and i pray and ask God to accept my Sacrifice as He accepted Able's own. God bless us all.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
only lazy, dishonest and greedy people obey their pastors when they say God only multiplies ur wealth when u give him 10percent of ur income. People should take time to study the bible for themselves to c the truth about tithe before they open their mouth to support a lie.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Rawar: 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
i no dey read bible ssha but it get one place for bible wey Jesus say na one poor widow na her pay best tithe pass. thanks joor .

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by davide470(m): 2:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
I see many pple are getting this *simple* thing wrong..
Tithing, First fruit et al are personal volution, nt commandment.. If u do it, it comes with its blessing, if u dnt do it, u will still be blessed. The salient point WE ARE all missing is GIVING.. Tithing was not mentiond in d New Testament, but giving (offerings, to the poor, for evangelism, missions) was over emphasizd. So if u want to pay tithe, pls go on.. If u dnt want to pay, pls go on too.. Just try and help someone in need

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Leward(m): 2:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
Matthew briggs: People of the lord praaaaaise the lord. Around 3 years ago I was not a regular tither, in fact I stopped tithing, it was not funny at all. Financial scarcity dealt with me. Menh that period was very horrible for me.

After a personal encounter with God's word, I understood the immense blessing that comes with tithing. I discovered that tithing does not only save me from financial devourers but ensures that the windows of heaven is always kept open for me, for the blessings therein, to fall with out ceasing . After this revelation I became a dedicated tither. Since then the last thing I worry about is lack of money or financial scarcity.

If worse come to worse I halla baba God. I tell him.. "Sir I don do my part, oya do your own!, I know you as God wey no fit fall my hand"....my tithe gives me boldness in front of him when I go asking for his favour. He knows I will not think twice when it comes to investing in his Kingdom with whatever he blesses me with.

Tithing has transformed my life. God now knows he has a stake in my success, he therefore moves mountains to ensure I never lack.

#Matthew Briggs.
HALLELUIAH, i thank God for you my brother.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Abmarshalo(m): 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
In Malachi 3v10, God commanded that we should bring forth our tithes. Remmember that when you pay your tithe, 3 things happen:
1- God will open the gates of heaven and shower you with blessings that your household cannot contain
2- He will rebuke the devourer for your sake like armedrobbers, and the likes
3- He will take away sickness from your dwelling.

Ever since I started paying my tithe, I hvae not fallen ill not even any mamber of my family, we have never seen sorrow, God has been blessing us.

So for those of you who will prefer to use more that 50% of your salary to eat nkwobi and Gulder and deny God just his own commanded 10% will surely pay for it.

Pastor Kun: Tithing as popular as it is in churches is one of the least understood doctrines in churches today. Even several preachers that preach it don't fully understand it and it's negative implication to the gospel of Christ they just preach it because it means more money in their pockets. However since a few of my brethen and myself started this enlightenment campaign on the biblical truth about tithes, a lot of NL members have come to the knowledge of truth about tithes and stopped being fleeced of their income.

I would like NL members who have discovered the truth and have been liberated by our writings to please come forward and share their experience with us.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Leward(m): 2:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
EMILO2STAY: only lazy, dishonest and greedy people obey their pastors when they say God only multiplies ur wealth when u give him 10percent of ur income. People should take time to study the bible for themselves to c the truth about tithe before they open their mouth to support a lie.
And only poor, stingy people will try to justify their inadequacies by twisting the word of God and trying to confuse others.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
NOIBMUUL: This NL is one funny place. Someone you don't know, haven't seen or heard his/voice will post rubbish and people will see the sense in it only because it favours them?! We don't even know if pastor kum or kin is re.tar.ded, a herbalist, an atheist or whatever. But because his rants bear some people's mind, they fall for it like a pros.ti.tu.te that they are without seeing the bait that will lead them to perdition. You don't discern the bible with sense but by the help of the Holy Spirit. That's why an illiterate can know God and a professor in atomic physics will claim there's no God. Point is, be led by the Spirit.

For a second let's play dumb. How much is 10% of your income that you want to hold onto? What benefits will you be deprived of if you give out 10% of your income? I want to know oh? And what benefit will be added if you keep it? What N90 cannot do, then N10 can't do it. If 90% of your income can't give you satisfaction then an additional 10% will make no significant difference.

The mind of most people here is unguarded and at the least feeble, without any strong foundation. Hence it is being easily tossed around by the wind of false doctrine. It is my wish that you guys (those who have stop paying tithes) have a personal relationship with God. And when you do, you won't even pay 10% but more than that sef.

Brethren, please guard your mind and guard it well. The end is indeed near! Shalom!!

NB: Yes, some pastors who are caressing the wrath of God divert the tithes for other use and even use it to enrich themselves. Yes. That's no news and neither is it new but it shouldn't stop you from doing your part. We all are still members of the same body of Christ. If your feet is infected or eye has apollo, you won't remove it will you? So do your part and leave God, the only true judge to judge.
...pls tell dem dey really need to no ..for me d bible is wat it is or it isn't ,if it is ah see no reason y we all should believe wat it says if we tag ourselves christian and if it isn't den we all re in big trouble ..ah believe dis is one of d reasons y jesus said not all dat say lord lord will enter heaven n beware of false prophets n test every spirit if it's of God n how can we do dis if we re not even filled wit d spirit ourselves ..study ur bible n ask d holy spirit to give u understandin and stop believin every tin dat u hear
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
How can i stop tithing when am planning to give God the 90 percent and take the 10 percent !

The one tenth(Tithe) is God's -Leveticus 27:30 Psalm 24:1 Mal 3:8 Hagai 2:8
Tithe was commissioned before the law Genesis 14 :18-22 and Genesis 28:20-22
Tithe was commended during the law Deutronomy 26:2-3 And Leveticus 27:30-32 Mal 3:10-11
Tithing was commended during the time of Jesus -Mathew 23:23
Tithing advances the kingdom-Mal 3:10
Tithing blesses both the church and the tither.-Mal 3:10
God wrote tithing in our hearts No wonder Abraham and Jacob gave their tithes without been told by anyone to do so becos it's a heart thing!
God expects tithe from us !
Tithing blesses both the church and the tither !
Tithing is absolutely positively new testament-Hebrews 7,5,4 and 8 were all talking about how Christians should tithe !

We all know who Jesus is,if he was not in support of tithing,HE would had condemned it right from Mathew 23:23 as HE did with so many other laws like stoning of the adulterous,divorce,Sabbath,paying of taxes,washing of hands before meal and so many others ! But see what HE said to the teachers in the presence of HIS disciples:
“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.-Mathew 23:23 He supported tithing immidiately by saying yes you should tithe but HE rebuked them for not doing other important things contained in the book !-justice, mercy, and faith !

I will be back to tell you more about Hebrew !

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Breegz14(m): 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
you're just being mislead by a fool who calls himself a pastor you can't give GOD 10% of your income but yet you expect all the blessings and riches in the world. how do you pay GOD back for the life he has given to you beware people have gone to hell for lesser sins than this
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
Candour:

eyaa..... grin grin

I'm operating on a higher pedestal than the devil and devourers can ever reach.I'm seated far above principalities and powers so which empty devil are you talking about?

Christ has also saved me from the curse of the law when he hung and died on the cross so curses too can go to hell

I was like you too once but now i'm free of all such fears. I don't have the spirit of fear but of love,of power and of a sound mind my bro. Tell the devil if you know him to try another tactic. This fear factor was buried a long time ago

cheers
mumu. GOD SAYS IF U LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENT. d same devil will soon beat u like a cow afterall his teling u not to pay tithe. keep robbing GOD

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Leward(m): 2:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
aduhube: I HATE RELIGION. WHY SHOULD I SUBMIT PART OF MY EARNINGS TO SOMEONE OR GROUP WHO NEVER CONTRIBUTED ANYTHING TO IT? PEOPLE ARE BEING EXPLOITED BECAUSE THEY LACK KNOWLEDGE, AND THEY HAVE FAILED TO LEARN FROM NUMEROUS EXAMPLES AROUND THEM. PAY THEM (PASTORS) THE THITH TODAY AND ASK FOR FINANCIAL HELP TOMORROW.THE REPLY WILL SURPRISE YOU. BE WISE!!!!!
Oga! Naso you stingy reach? Just 10%, you dey form, the rat for your house 4 don suffer o, i can only imagine your reaction if ur child ask for möney just to have a nice time, 'YOU WANNA WASTE MY MONEY, YOU THINK I PLUCK MONEY 4RM TREES...lol

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by honeric01(m): 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
Where is the sense in giving "God' 10% of what God gave you so he can open the windows of heaven to pour more unto you so the circle can continue?

Would a father expect his children to give him 10% of the 'pocket money ' he gives them so as to give them more?

Jesus preached mostly on generous giving and frown on compulsory giving.

Any compulsory giving lacks dignity and no blessing is attached to it says our lord Jesus Christ.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by iykofias(m): 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
Bn reading comments n counter comments on ds thread for d past 2hrs,and I feel inclined to add mine.
I was attending chris embassy aka bliver luvworld on campus in ma 300L,I became close to d pastor who later assign me to d technical group because I'm gud wit electrical stuff n appliances. But I noticed somtin in evri service, d focal point of d messages always deals on 'tithe'_it is either 'd 1st step towards salvation is payin ur tithe' or 'stop robbing God bethrem' infact d pastor also tries to put me into it.buh dia ws no way dats gonna happen (mainly because of ma catholic orientation).I do give d pastor cash at times buh I dnt brand it 'tithe',jux giving/dash. we all av to undstnd somtin : pastorship is nt a full time Job_d apostles had somtin doin while preaching d gospel. dey nv received 'tithe' instead dey received goodwill 4rm pple,like food/money,commendation n mnymore.
I'm nt against those giving, I'm only concern wit d alter word of d Lord on d lips of fause preachers

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Denn(m): 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
mabell: Awesome.
I do 20% of my tithe now
I plan to do more sef

100% ain't bad....

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Bee4real: 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
Do you know that Jesus Christ has a job? Incase u dont know. He is (1.) A SHEPHERED. (2.) TEACHER. (3.) A CARPENTER..........because His mothers husband Joseph was a carpenter, so he do assist him.

Now tell me WHY our nowadays religious leaders refuse to work, instead indulging in advance fraud, 419. They collect 10% PLUS other attachment for God, what do we see, EXORTIC MANSION, COOL RIDE, PRIVATE JET, FAT BANK ACCOUNT...ETC My question is that:
1. if TITHE is truly compusory for all men and women, how does pastors pay theirs
2. The deciples how do pay theirs
3. What does Jesus say about tithe in a clear words, not the one to be interpreted by holy ghost oh.
4. how many places in the bible do they mention TITHE in the bible
5. Do you think the total numbers of churches we have now would be in absence of tithe.
6. Why is it that the only major things our Pastors copy and paste from the OLD testament is ONLY tithe, YYYYYYYY.

Pls I need object response. tnx.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by chy22(m): 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
[quote author=rezzy]Praise the Lord, my testimony goes like this, You anti tithe Christians have not been able to confuse me. I still pay my tithe. Praise Master Jesus. Halleluyah[/]
Just hope, only hoping we can learn and say no to this sinful acts called tithe and offering
The greedy pastors and their corhot have created a centerpiece of worship that violated Jesus Christ as much as possible, while deceiving the people into thinking that they were honoring Him.  They have set up a service that could be repeated daily that would "strike" Jesus again and again, putting Him back on that cross daily.  You see, the Apostle Paul clearly told us that the Messiah was to be only struck once, and that the reason Moses got into such trouble with God was that he struck the rock the second time, rather than speaking to it the second time.  Jesus was that Rock [1 Corinthians 10:4], and so when Moses struck the rock the second time to get water, he not only disobeyed God who told him to speak to the rock, he struck Messiah twice. 

All the way through the Book to the Hebrews, the author speaks of the "once and for all" sacrifice of Jesus Christ.  Jesus died only once on the cross, and then went to the right hand of the Father.  We see that the sacrifice was so excellent and so accepted by the Father, that it need never be repeated again. In fact, we are prohibited from ever repeating it again. The writer to the Hebrews boldly states, "... we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." [10:10]

Therefore, these greedy pastors and church ministers wanted to violate God's mandate the most severely, they created a ceremony that sacrificed Jesus Christ again and again and again, that could be repeated daily all over the world, all the while deceiving the people into thinking they were glorifying Jesus Christ.  Of course, I am speaking of the tithes, the offerings, first fruit offering and etc, which does exactly this.

Then, if that were not enough damage done to the finished, once-for-all sacrifice on the cross, They, have preached the gospel of money, tithe, offering as condition for God's blessing that would keep Jesus on the cross permanently.  This preaching of higher offering for higher blessing will make the people continue thinking of buying blessing with money,hence, constantly keeping Jesus Christ on the Cross where they wanted Him to be, not at the Father's Right Hand in Glory...

They have just prevented Salvation from being possible , for anyone who practiced the tithe for blessing and offering for sin atonement. How is this impossible, you ask?  Listen to the writer to the Hebrews, speaking under the authority of the Holy Spirit. 

"If they then deviate from the faith ... it is impossible to bring them back to repentance ... as long as they nail up on the cross the Son of God afresh ... and are holding Him up to contempt and shame and public disgrace." [Hebrews 6:6, Parallel Bible, KJV/Amplified Bible Commentary]..

Holding Jesus Christ continuously up to contempt and public disgrace is exactly what the tithe and offerings accomplishes.  In fact, their members are encouraged to pay price for the blessing and sin daily. 

They have attacked the all-perfect sacrifice for sins which Jesus' death accomplished.  Even though Jesus' last words on the cross were, "It is finished" [a Greek commercial word, "teleo" which means "Paid in Full"]. They lie that, while Jesus' sacrifice opened the way for mankind to ultimately reach Heaven, it did not remove all the stain of man's sin.  Men and women must remove as much of this sin stain as possible throughout their lives by paying tithe, giving offering and even paying more money.  Thus, they made Salvation in the Church a matter of Faith plus tithe and offerings, a matter against which the Apostle Paul struggled mightily in the early Christian Church.  As Paul said succinctly, "For it is by Grace ye are saved, not by works ..." [Ephesians 2:8].

They are all anti-Christ's leading people to sin. Those who has ear should hear tithe and offering are not, I repeat are not eternal principles.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
By the grace of God, I don't just bring every 10% to God as tithes, but I also add at least 3% to it, ie, at least 13% at tithes, excluding my generous givings, offerings and sacrifices and vows, and I do see the hand of God mighty upon me and overshadowingly on me . Let me give us a personal testimony on how God saved me. Around 1st of October, 2012 being Monday, someone gave me N1000, and my tithe should be N100, but then, I proposed to give more that it as tithe, but I said its small, so I will not pay it on Sunday been 7th. All this is happening in my heart, and I never told any. Then, early hours of that Sunday Morning, I discovered that the rapture had taking place and I did not make it. However, I was happy that every member of my family made it, because it seems I prayed for them before sleeping, and I said that I will never take the mark when tribulation started. To my surprise, I was told that one of the reason was that I never paid the tithe when I ought to, though I later used my blood to ransom myself. All this was happening as if its that Sunday evening. As I waked, it was all a dream and its that Sunday morning, I began to shade tears and asking God for mercy and also thanking HIM. I gave the tithe that day. Anyone, who wants to go to heaven, should not just be holy, but also give God the tithe. I was even asked of the tithe and not if I give more than it. Beware of false teachers. You and I must tithe. GOD BLESS US ALL ALWAYS IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by iykofias(m): 2:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
ProPastorChris: @OP
If only you can put a third of the energy you put up fighting this useless battle into winning souls for the Kingdom, you would have become a hero in heaven.
Bro, do not waste your time, tithing is not your pass-way to heaven, its the Name of Jesus that points you in the right direction in life.
Think of this; if you tithe, you are giving to God, if you do not tithe, you are not giving to God, so who do you think will gain or lose?
I cannot stop tithing cos I love doing what the Word says.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 2:54pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tom29:
mumu. GOD SAYS IF U LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENT. d same devil will soon beat u like a cow afterall his teling u not to pay tithe. keep robbing GOD

Are u the devil's mouthpiece? Is your devil so weak that you have to defend him?

Pls tell your master a blood bought child of God declared you and him too small to interfere with my life.

How many commandments of God are written in the old testament are you keeping?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
honeric01: Where is the sense in giving "God' 10% of what God gave you so he can open the windows of heaven to pour more unto you so the circle can continue?

Would a father expect his children to give him 10% of the 'pocket money ' he gives them so as to give them more?

Jesus preached mostly on generous giving and frown on compulsory giving.

Any compulsory giving lacks dignity and no blessing is attached to it says our lord Jesus Christ.
it is not compulsory, if you dont want to pay your tithe, suite yourself.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Begino1: 2:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
Breegz14: you're just being mislead by a fool who calls himself a pastor you can't give GOD 10% of your income but yet you expect all the blessings and riches in the world. how do you pay GOD back for the life he has given to you beware people have gone to hell for lesser sins than this
dangote was not, is not and will not be a tither and yet remains the richest black man on planet earth. From the way u guys link tithes to God's blessings, u should have become richer than bill gates. Mind u most of the world's richest people are great philanthropists giving to the poor and less privileged all over the world unlike most of ur pastors who collect tithes to build big auditorium so as to accommodate more tithers. Give to the poor and u will be rewarded by God. But give gifts to the rich (pastors who are financially well of) and u become poor and come to poverty according to proverb 22:16.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by temilexis: 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
I am so highly disappointed that the writer did not come up with any valuable details over his claims on why tithes are not necessary. I would have been very happy if you elaborated much on reasons why we should not give our one tenth.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by jamace(m): 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
Most of those who tithe these days are those who cut corners by stealing from govt through contracts or steal from employees by shortchanging them. Most of these cr-oo-ks think they can cheat their fellow man and bribe God. I know a man who owns a company. He doesn't pay his workers well but donates mightily to the church. To this I ask, is he trying to please God who he does not see and cheat his fellowman? And the realisation that most of these tithing churches are family churches where the husband is the head and the wife is the deputy annoys me the more. grin grin. Na wa o grin grin

Saul the king of Israel thought he could bribe God. But God dealt with him and told him, "Behold to obey is better than sacrifice and to hearken than the fat of rams"

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Panshow(m): 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tuntheycr7:
God commanded us to give tithes. Malachi 3 : 8 -12
Pls tithes and offering aint d same.
plus if you aint covinient wt that why dnt u take ya peace and stop misleading others

Are you from Israel?, God is talking to Israelites, you are a Nigerian.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
Bee4real: Do you know that Jesus Christ has a job? Incase u dont know. He is (1.) A SHEPHERED. (2.) TEACHER. (3.) A CARPENTER..........because His mothers husband Joseph was a carpenter, so he do assist him.

Now tell me WHY our nowadays religious leaders refuse to work, instead indulging in advance fraud, 419. They collect 10% PLUS other attachment for God, what do we see, EXORTIC MANSION, COOL RIDE, PRIVATE JET, FAT BANK ACCOUNT...ETC My question is that:
1. if TITHE is truly compusory for all men and women, how does pastors pay theirs
2. The deciples how do pay theirs
3. What does Jesus say about tithe in a clear words, not the one to be interpreted by holy ghost oh.
4. how many places in the bible do they mention TITHE in the bible
5. Do you think the total numbers of churches we have now would be in absence of tithe.
6. Why is it that the only major things our Pastors copy and paste from the OLD testament is ONLY tithe, YYYYYYYY.

Pls I need object response. tnx.
There're different kind of pastors...false pastors also exist...those that preach ONLY of money do so to their benefit, but You're not being forced, if you want to pay, go ahead, if you dont want, continue...but that tithe is like an insurance over your life, if you dont give it to God, the devourer will attack and You'll still spend that money on drugs and other things...you may doubt it, but i'm a LIVING TESTIMONY to that.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by baiem: 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
m.k.o2005:
How can i stop tithing when am planning to give God the 90 percent and take the 10 percent !

The one tenth(Tithe) is God's -Leveticus 27:30 Psalm 24:1 Mal 3:8 Hagai 2:8
Tithe was commissioned before the law Genesis 14 :18-22 and Genesis 28:20-22
Tithe was commended during the law Deutronomy 26:2-3 And Leveticus 27:30-32 Mal 3:10-11
Tithing was commended during the time of Jesus -Mathew 23:23
Tithing advances the kingdom-Mal 3:10
Tithing blesses both the church and the tither.-Mal 3:10
God wrote tithing in our hearts No wonder Abraham and Jacob gave their tithes without been told by anyone to do so becos it's a heart thing!
God expects tithe from us !
Tithing blesses both the church and the tither !
Tithing is absolutely positively new testament-Hebrews 7,5,4 and 8 were all talking about how Christians should tithe !

We all know who Jesus is,if he was not in support of tithing,HE would had condemned it right from Mathew 23:23 as HE did with so many other laws like stoning of the adulterous,divorce,Sabbath,paying of taxes,washing of hands before meal and so many others ! But see what HE said to the teachers in the presence of HIS disciples:
“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.-Mathew 23:23 He supported tithing immidiately by saying yes you should tithe but HE rebuked them for not doing other important things contained in the book !-justice, mercy, and faith !

I will be back to tell you more about Hebrew !

God help us

is it scriptural to pay 90% as tithe? are you not going against the bible?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 3:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
I have read through the thread and note some points:

1. Most people who defend tithing have never studied tithing themselves from the scriptures and have no or partial knowledge of Tithing in the scriptures.
2. The assumption that anyone who does not believe in tithing does not also believe in "giving".
3. The assumption that it worked for them hence it must be from God.

Let me start by saying all my life, I believed in tithing and taught it for many years as I have been a church leader for so long.
But when I finally decided to study on my own, I realized a lot that has not been said about tithing.
Let's take a look at the scriptures and you decide for yourself according to the Word.......

6 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
Panshow:

Are you from Israel?, God is talking to Israelites, you are a Nigerian.
are you a descendant of Abraham? I'm not sure, but you still have the blessings of Abraham i guess...When God gives his commandments, it is always right, and everyone should obey it, are you saying the ten commandments are for isrealites only?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by baiem: 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pro & anti Tithe: Please Did Jesus Christ, Peter & other Apostles, Paul and early Christians pay tithe?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by iykofias(m): 3:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
ProPastorChris: @OP
If only you can put a third of the energy you put up fighting this useless battle into winning souls for the Kingdom, you would have become a hero in heaven.
Bro, do not waste your time, tithing is not your pass-way to heaven, its the Name of Jesus that points you in the right direction in life.
Think of this; if you tithe, you are giving to God, if you do not tithe, you are not giving to God, so who do you think will gain or lose?
I cannot stop tithing cos I love doing what the Word says.
@ d BOLDED

R u even serious? Is dat a parameter of + - point?
Hw abt visitation of d sick? Prisoners? Paying tithe to d hungry beggars? Orphans?
U busy scoring imaginary 1 point while other are hitting jackpot #NotJudgingTho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement / Woman And Her Drugs At Apostle Johnson Suleman's Church For Deliverance (Photos) / Why I Believe Stephanie Otobo Is Lying Against Apostle Sulieman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.