Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (37418 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by ol2012: 1:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pastor Kun, after reading d 1st post on dis thread of urs, I av been wondering where u belong btw d 2 sets of pple who ar against paying tithes 2 pastors/churches i.e those who don't believe in tithing of any form and those who believe in paying theirs 2 d poor: widows; strangers etc. I think it would be nice if u declare n dis thread 2 which of dis 2 groups u belong. Thnks
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Chukwutobi: 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Kindly show us from scriptures why you think Master Jesus requires tithes from you.
Matt 23:23 and Luke 11:42
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Chukwutobi: 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Kindly show us from scriptures why you think Master Jesus requires tithes from you.
Matt 23:23 and Luke 11:42. Please read many versions for clarity.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Funpeter: 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2013
DrummaBoy: My own testimony will come in form of a 'reverse'. I shared how I stopped tithing on FB and created a bit of rochus in Church. Then I went to Radio to explain that Christians should not tithe. In response my church leadership has sacked me from being a church worker and I really don't know what next is coming.

But in all, God is my helper. I will whether this storm and come even stronger in conviction. I will return to share how I stopped tithing as soon as I can.

Great thread, Kun!
Now what your church did was bad, but you shouldn't go around and convincing people to stop tithing. Tithe in the old testament was what the levite and pristine used for their upkeep as d Lord said bring so that they might be food in my house even now tithe is meant for pastor who are not working and depending on the church btw we have fake pastor no doubt even Christ has betrayer and again remember they are people who gv tithe and experience wonders
Also tithe should not be a burden or something enforce on you to do if not you will definitely missed d blessing attached to it, some gv 90 percent of their profit some even give ALL the best thing is to know the power of given and d motive of it, so my take if you dont tithe dont discourage others doing it. Lastly the bible stated it and i know the old testament is still part of it, and jesus never rebuke it neither did he condem it .
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by danot1030: 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

How many fold returns do you get on your monthly tithes if it works for you?
Y do u sound so desperate, which is ur own?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by sylve11: 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
Candour:

shocked shocked shocked haba!!! because he stopped tithing you're declaring woe? Is that the worst sin in your opinion? If you hear he commited murder, what will you say?

This is serious

na so dem just dey. grin cool
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Aderupoko2: 1:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pastor Kun, can you in all honesty tell us that the Holy Spirit told you to tell us not to pay tithe again?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by routsz: 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
Huh . . has anyone stopped tithing? That's scary . .
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
Like if u smell devil at work on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Joevics(m): 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
Was into business some time ago, and i tithe, i noticed that every week i tithe, i have much more business activities than when i don't.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 1:53pm On Oct 06, 2013
routsz: Huh . . has anyone stopped tithing? That's scary . .

hmmm.....the usual fears grin grin

My bro, some people have never tithed in their whole life and they are doing very well.

It's not scary, Its just the way our Churches have made it look and what you've been conditioned to believe. There are also those who are scared of breaking the sabbath and those who can't think of wearing any thing other than white sultana to their place of worship.

Free your mind. God is more interested in you than any other thing

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Goshen360(m): 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
Aderupoko2: Pastor Kun, can you in all honesty tell us that the Holy Spirit told you to tell us not to pay tithe again?

How does the Holy Spirit speak if not through and by the word? Or are you looking for inner conviction that is contrary to the written word. The Apostle wrote, " do not go beyond what is written"
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
hmmmmm,,,,,,,,, am not suprise at all coz all these anti tithe people are all part of the end time saga that the bible has warn his church about. let him who has an ear, ear what the bible is saying to his church. END TIME TINS, may we not be found wantin in JESUS name AMEN!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ah can never stop tithing...
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Gombs(m): 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
My testimony! Whr can I strt frm?

No devil can make me stop tithing...I will tithe till mangoes grow on orange trees

My testimony too much, can't finish documenting it.

Plaaaaaaaaaaaise da Loooooord bledren!

grin

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by chukslawrence(m): 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tithers be sincere to this ques......... Let's assume that from Jan to this Oct your monthly income is always #100 million or above, can you give God 10%(#10 million) of each of ur monthly income ?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2013
God2man: Tithe has been in existence before Pastor kun was born, i do not understand why he is hell bent on destroying church doctrine.

@Pastor kun, give us names of churches that have stopped tithing.

Up till now, the following churches still copmly with the tithe doctrine: MFM FOUNDED1989, CAC FOUNDED 1930, REDEEMED 1952, WINNERS 1981, DEEPER LIFE 1973 and more churches.

So, who is Pastor Kun to come to this forum fighting like a wounded lion that TITHE has been abolished from the same Bible that the founder of these churches read, not only study but fasted, prayed, and had encounter with God.

The truth is, if all these churches are wrong, then Pastor kun must Have a re-think.

I rest my case on this thread, as i have done for the other thread.

God bless you all.
God2man.
All the churches you mentioned can be wrong.If u know rccg well enough, u will remember when the GO commanded all members to be baptized for the second time if their first baptism was not on rccg.Yes he is a man of God but he guffed there.Tithing is not for new testament saints,if it is,their is no way it would have escaped been mentioned in Act's or emphasized by Paul in his many epistles.
All new testament saints are priests and priest don't pay tithe.
If you call 10% of everything as tithe(mind you no one paid tithe of money in the Bible), you are adding to the scripture.
My testimony is that I was a regular tithe payer until about 2years when I heard a truly convincing msg about the fact that I have no business paying tithe.I told my wife that we have to test this fact n see what comes up.We told the Lord that we want to discontinue tithing,that he should make things tight for us if the decision was wrong. I have experienced financial blessings ever since and have not stopped to give my all to God's work.
Which do you think God requires of you,your tithe or everything that you have or are?

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Matthewbriggs(m): 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2013
People of the lord praaaaaise the lord. Around 3 years ago I was not a regular tither, in fact I stopped tithing, it was not funny at all. Financial scarcity dealt with me. Menh that period was very horrible for me.

After a personal encounter with God's word, I understood the immense blessing that comes with tithing. I discovered that tithing does not only save me from financial devourers but ensures that the windows of heaven is always kept open for me, for the blessings therein, to fall with out ceasing . After this revelation I became a dedicated tither. Since then the last thing I worry about is lack of money or financial scarcity.

If worse come to worse I halla baba God. I tell him.. "Sir I don do my part, oya do your own!, I know you as God wey no fit fall my hand"....my tithe gives me boldness in front of him when I go asking for his favour. He knows I will not think twice when it comes to investing in his Kingdom with whatever he blesses me with.

Tithing has transformed my life. God now knows he has a stake in my success, he therefore moves mountains to ensure I never lack.

#Matthew Briggs.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Goshen360(m): 2:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
routsz: Huh . . has anyone stopped tithing? That's scary . .

Yes, I have stopped tithing and blessed beyond limits.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Gombs(m): 2:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
enyoba: hmmmmm,,,,,,,,, am not suprise at all coz [size=16pt] all these anti tithe people are all part of the end time saga that the bible has warn his church about. let him who has an ear, ear what the bible is saying to his church. END TIME TINS , [/size] may we not be found wantin in JESUS name AMEN!!!!!!!

10000000000000000000000000000000000000likes

flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my father in heaven

Glooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooray

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by routsz: 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
Candour:

hmmm.....the usual fears grin grin

My bro, some people have never tithed in their whole life and they are doing very well.

It's not scary, Its just the way our Churches have made it look and what you've been conditioned to believe. There are also those who are scared of breaking the sabbath and those who can't think of wearing any thing other than white sultana to their place of worship.

Free your mind. God is more interested in you than any other thing

Cheers
knowingly bringing yourself under d curse of God and its not scary? the devil with 400 horns can't stop me tithing. (no offence pls)

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
chukslawrence: Tithers be sincere to this ques......... Let's assume that from Jan to this Oct your monthly income is always #100 million or above, can you give God 10%(#10 million) of each of ur monthly income ?
....y not he made it possible 4 me to get it wat is 10% to give him
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
Perfectwazobia: Ready your Bible, 10% of your income belongs to God. You are are a false pastor trying to abuse the mind of people against God.
I pity your family because you may not reap the evil fruit alone. How many people have you bring to the knowlegde of Christ.
If you don't want to obey Bible must you look for followers. In the name of christ stop this, even Abraham payed tithe.
Ask the Holy spirit to give you understanding...Bewarned pastorkun! A dog that will be lost will not hear the beckoning of the owner!!!

Why do we christians like putting fear and giving treats!!!Jesus did'nt do this...What kind of christianity are we practing?Look my friend give your advice and leave the thread period!!!

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by LEXYCOM: 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
Get thy behind me satan.....
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
Goshen360:

Brother, it's been a while. How are you doing?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by aduhube: 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
I HATE RELIGION. WHY SHOULD I SUBMIT PART OF MY EARNINGS TO SOMEONE OR GROUP WHO NEVER CONTRIBUTED ANYTHING TO IT? PEOPLE ARE BEING EXPLOITED BECAUSE THEY LACK KNOWLEDGE, AND THEY HAVE FAILED TO LEARN FROM NUMEROUS EXAMPLES AROUND THEM. PAY THEM (PASTORS) THE THITH TODAY AND ASK FOR FINANCIAL HELP TOMORROW.THE REPLY WILL SURPRISE YOU. BE WISE!!!!!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by NOIBMUUL(m): 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
This NL is one funny place. Someone you don't know, haven't seen or heard his/voice will post rubbish and people will see the sense in it only because it favours them?! We don't even know if pastor kum or kin is re.tar.ded, a herbalist, an atheist or whatever. But because his rants bear some people's mind, they fall for it like a pros.ti.tu.te that they are without seeing the bait that will lead them to perdition. You don't discern the bible with sense but by the help of the Holy Spirit. That's why an illiterate can know God and a professor in atomic physics will claim there's no God. Point is, be led by the Spirit.

For a second let's play dumb. How much is 10% of your income that you want to hold onto? What benefits will you be deprived of if you give out 10% of your income? I want to know oh? And what benefit will be added if you keep it? What N90 cannot do, then N10 can't do it. If 90% of your income can't give you satisfaction then an additional 10% will make no significant difference.

The mind of most people here is unguarded and at the least feeble, without any strong foundation. Hence it is being easily tossed around by the wind of false doctrine. It is my wish that you guys (those who have stop paying tithes) have a personal relationship with God. And when you do, you won't even pay 10% but more than that sef.

Brethren, please guard your mind and guard it well. The end is indeed near! Shalom!!

NB: Yes, some pastors who are caressing the wrath of God divert the tithes for other use and even use it to enrich themselves. Yes. That's no news and neither is it new but it shouldn't stop you from doing your part. We all are still members of the same body of Christ. If your feet is infected or eye has apollo, you won't remove it will you? So do your part and leave God, the only true judge to judge.

4 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Gombs(m): 2:07pm On Oct 06, 2013
Matthew briggs: People of the lord praaaaaise the lord. Around 3 years ago I was not a regular tither, in fact I stopped tithing, it was not funny at all. Financial scarcity dealt with me. Menh that period was very horrible for me.

After a personal encounter with God's word, I understood the immense blessing that comes with tithing. I discovered that tithing does not only save me from financial devourers but ensures that the windows of heaven is always kept open for me, for the blessings therein, to fall with out ceasing . After this revelation I became a dedicated tither. Since then the last thing I worry about is lack of money or financial scarcity.

If worse come to worse I halla baba God. I tell him.. "Sir I don do my part, oya do your own!, I know you as God wey no fit fall my hand"....my tithe gives me boldness in front of him when I go asking for his favour. He knows I will not think twice when it comes to investing in his Kingdom with whatever he blesses me with.

Tithing has transformed my life. God now knows he has a stake in my success, he therefore moves mountains to ensure I never lack.

#Matthew Briggs.

Plaaaaaaaaaaaise da Loooooord!

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by routsz: 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
Goshen360:

I won't take the mercy of God 4 granted. I don't know about u
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by franxis(m): 2:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
Sometimes I say to myself religion has only made us more stupid than ever.. Not against tithing but I rather give that 10 percent to beggars,widows ,the poor and needy...

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by kenability: 2:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
Malachi 3:10 - 18 open this chapter and u wil c dat God wants us 2pay tiths
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 2:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
routsz:
knowingly bringing yourself under d curse of God and its not scary? the devil with 400 horns can't stop me tithing. (no offence pls)

eyaa..... grin grin

I'm operating on a higher pedestal than the devil and devourers can ever reach.I'm seated far above principalities and powers so which empty devil are you talking about?

Christ has also saved me from the curse of the law when he hung and died on the cross so curses too can go to hell

I was like you too once but now i'm free of all such fears. I don't have the spirit of fear but of love,of power and of a sound mind my bro. Tell the devil if you know him to try another tactic. This fear factor was buried a long time ago

cheers

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Undergraduate, Suel Ambrose Slumps, Dies Acting Jesus Crucifixion Drama / Pastor Adeboye's Holy Ghost Event In Yola, See Crowd / Why I Believe Stephanie Otobo Is Lying Against Apostle Sulieman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.