Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan (30924 Views)

Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria / Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
ok. you can delete it now
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by felifeli: 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ola one:
Shoprite bread is wack grin

Shoprite has at least 6 types of bread. Which one are you complaining about?
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
chaircover:

What I meant by lunch was the fried rice/jollof rice orishirishi. Sandwich ke. Even I just walked past their sandwiches LOL

Being my first visit to shoprite in Ibadan, I initially thought that the scanty turnout was because of the kenya mall massacre and people were now afraid to visit malls for now.

Its good jare. I just wish that there were shops like ASDA in Ibadan where I can pick up everything I need under one roof instead of going from shop to shop. Its very stressful. You buy tomatoes from the market, buy chicken from another shop, buy bags of pure water from the roadside and so on. I think they should focus more on Nigerian foods and supplies all under one roof.
But they also sell tomatoes, chicken, etc.
Their tomatoes are okay.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2013
felifeli:

Shoprite has at least 6 types of bread. Which one are you complaining about?

You are right but I don't gbadun dem sha. Whether the wheat one or the white one. I go try more sha
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
chaircover:

What I meant by lunch was the fried rice/jollof rice orishirishi. Sandwich ke. As for me, I just walked past their sandwiches o! LOL

Being my first visit to shoprite in Ibadan, I initially thought that the scanty turnout was because of the kenya mall massacre and people were now afraid to visit malls for now.

Its good jare. I just wish that there were shops like ASDA in Ibadan where I can pick up everything I need under one roof instead of going from shop to shop. Its very stressful. You buy tomatoes from the market, buy chicken from another shop, buy bags of pure water from the roadside and so on. I think they should focus more on Nigerian foods and supplies all under one roof and if they want to stock foreign brands, then they should go for well known quality brands such as nescafe, heinz, birds eye, twinings etc
And, Shoprite is the only place in Ibadan where you can get fruits like Peach, Nectarine, really good pears, Plum, etc. And vegetable such as Cauliflower, etc
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 7:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
chaircover:

I didnt see them . . .but do they sell tatashe and ata rodo? I saw onions though. In short can I cook a pot of soup with ingredients that I pick up from shoprite or do i still have to get some things from the market?

I know they sell beef and its nice and clean and well packaged, but if I still have to enter the market to buy okro and iru I might as well just buy the whole stuff from the market. Are you getting me?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I haven't seen tatashe but they sell rodo. They even sell Epo Pupa, Dried Shawa, etc. You can cook a whole pot of soup with stuff from Shoprite.

Plaintain sef dey cheesy cheesy
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by felifeli: 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
chaircover:

I didnt see them . . .but do they sell tatashe and ata rodo? I saw onions though. In short can I cook a pot of soup with ingredients that I pick up from shoprite or do i still have to get some things from the market?

I know they sell beef and its nice and clean and well packaged, but if I still have to enter the market to buy okro and iru I might as well just buy the whole stuff from the market. Are you getting me?

They sell everything you need. You can even buy frozen stews too like egusi stew ogbono stew and several other. I actually wish they had more imported stuff like frozen meals I used to pick up at Sainsburys in the night when I don't feel like cooking or chinese takeaways
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 7:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
felifeli:

They sell everything you need. You can even buy frozen stews too like egusi stew ogbono stew and several other. I actually wish they had more imported stuff like frozen meals I used to pick up at Sainsburys in the night when I don't feel like cooking or chinese takeaways

Nice one wink
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by felifeli: 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2013
chaircover:

interesting . . . .Then I need to take more time to go round the aisles and see what they have got.

Not too sure about the frozen stews though. I suppose bachelors will buy that cool

Reminds me of yesterday one guy came into our local supermarket and was asking for beef. I never knew they even sold the stuff. Anyway They pointed him to a freezer and he came back with a small package of meat that had the worst freezer burn ive ever seen and the beef was looking pale. He bought it for N600. I felt so sorry for the guy, I wanted to tell him to come to my house and eat proper food instead of this rubbish he is about to cook and eat . . . but he might get ideas and of course I have to think about my own safety.

Some bachelors are really trying . . . Guys dont use your wives as girlfriends ooooooooo lipsrsealed

You may invite me to a meal at your house. Don't worry you are safe with me. I haven't had s.3.x in 5 years! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by felifeli: 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
Just joking. Sorry.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
felifeli:

You may invite me to a meal at your house. Don't worry you are safe with me. I haven't had s.3.x in 5 years! cheesy cheesy

Lil...abeg leave madam chaircover alone oo
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by laurel03(m): 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
Shoprite does not sell everything and dr pepper dey costly like mad.... Abi how many people don buy pepper tomatoes, rodo etc to cook soup from shoprite b4 I saw one face towel for shoprite for N600, premium Lux singlet for 2500 which is 1k outside, Spray starch N410 wc is 340 for pinnacle and so many other things. I don't know what is so special in shoprite that make people think otherwise may be the industrial air condition. So many of big supermarket in ibadan that also sell go price Wimpy, Foodies, Fedwell, pinanncles, Foodco,Trolley, even u can shop in Danax etc. A lot of other stores at d mall eg cash and carry, polo world, film house? Peepn lifemate furnitures, Mr price etc
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
laurel03: Shoprite does not sell everything and dr pepper dey costly like mad.... Abi how many people don buy pepper tomatoes, rodo etc to cook soup from shoprite b4 I saw one face towel for shoprite for N600, premium Lux singlet for 2500 which is 1k outside, Spray starch N410 wc is 340 for pinnacle and so many other things. I don't know what is so special in shoprite that make people think otherwise may be the industrial air condition. So many of big supermarket in ibadan that also sell go price Walmart, Foodies, Fedwell, pinanncles, Foodco,Trolley, even u can shop in Danax etc. A lot of other stores at d mall eg cash and carry, polo world, film house? Peepn lifemate furnitures, Mr price etc

Sorry, did you say Walmart? Lol, dt must be another wannabe store. Where's it located?
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 9:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
StateOfMind:

Huh? Are you their baker or.....grin grin
Come back here, Stateofmind. Let's talk about your Jericho wink
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by StateOfMind: 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ola one:
Come back here, Stateofmind. Let's talk about your Jericho wink

Lol..what about jericho, I'm all ears..
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 11:01pm On Sep 29, 2013
StateOfMind:

Lol..what about jericho, I'm all ears..
Where in Jericho you dey? Richard Akinjide end? wink
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by StateOfMind: 11:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ola one:
Where in Jericho you dey? Richard Akinjide end? wink

Nah, way after nihort, towards baptist cemetery. Jericho\idishin is just my daily route, I don't stay there.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by coastalqueen: 11:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
Nawafor nigerians o. South africans dey come pack una money comot and una dey here dey mumuciously argue.smh

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 11:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
StateOfMind:

Nah, way after nihort, towards baptist cemetery. Jericho\idishin is just my daily route, I don't stay there.
Okay, sweetie. Foodco chicken pie 'together', some day wink
Following you already wink wink
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by eaglechild: 12:06am On Sep 30, 2013
Is amala and ewedu sold at ibadan shoprite?
Pls no insults just yes or no.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by trumpcoat(m): 4:38am On Sep 30, 2013
http://professionalpainter.gnbo.com.ng/

We Protect & Decorate your valuable properties; House(s), Building, and Plants

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by iamlukky(m): 6:53am On Sep 30, 2013
So, Eku Advert
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by bounju(m): 11:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
Brimmie: After All The Roforofo Talks Abt Ibadan! undecided

Oloshi Lawon OLORI PELEBE Yen Sha!! undecided

South West O Ni Baje Ooo!! cheesy cheesy

I can't stop laughing. Guy! U r something else ooo
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 01, 2013
chaircover: sorry o! this is off topic . . .

please does anyone know where I can fix a blackberry in Ibadan. I am having an application error 523 thank you

Try 'complex' beside 'citadel' in roundabout.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
There's a guy before Mr Biggs too if you can't get what you need at that complex, just walk up a little.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by felifeli: 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
chaircover: sorry o! this is off topic . . .

please does anyone know where I can fix a blackberry in Ibadan. I am having an application error 523 thank you

Bash. Near Mr Biggs/ Favos . Bodija

Used him a couple of times and doesn't waste your time or try to skin you. I recommend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Much Is Petrol Selling For In Your Area? / 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State / Paddy Adenuga On Losing A Good Woman, Recalls How It Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.