Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,702 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan (30895 Views)

Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria / Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by IYANGBALI: 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2013
ichidodo: If i want to see Unesco i go to Oshun state not ramshackle mud structures occupied by Sweaty, dirty, charcoal skinned yoriba women churning pots of Ewedu with household brooms or old shrivelled yoriba people chewing on gworo kolanuts and ghemu-ghemu gambling shops...All in the middle of Ibadan.
se your mouth,is oshun state not part of Yoruba land abi na america he dey?your hatred for yoruba people no go kill you ode

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2013
IYA NGBALI: keep hating,what do you know?
hey look at the name its yoruba.its not a crime to be honest u hear?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by IYANGBALI: 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

This is a civilized land that brought civilization to your barbaric forefathers, so no savages in our land.

The repatriation of your pittance money is reflected in the backwardness of your region and daily migration of your able bodied men , leaving your land more than desolate than before.

You will continue to work your ass off to pay tax to our govt and for us to organise owambe. Pele omo Igbo.
well written and delivered

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by IYANGBALI: 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
igboezue: hey look at the name its yoruba.its not a crime to be honest u hear?
who let the dog out?
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
laurel03: The best supermarket that sell lowest price in ibadan is pinnacles even most of their things are even cheaper than Agbeni Market let alone shoprite.. Except that they don't sell foreign food. I am from south south, I have stayed in all region of the country and the best region is south west either you like it or not and the level of development is far beyond other region. Even the company in ibadan alone are more than all the entire south east. Up till now they come from SE to ibadan to buy detergent and how many production company are in the east? Compare any company with P&G or BTA in d east 95% of companies located in Yoruba Land. D best place to invest is Yoruba Land.. No bokoharam, No Millitant and No kinappers.
u re not south southerner u ar an ugly.dirt lovin.stinking yoloba.deal with dat
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2013
IYA NGBALI: wa sere omo,pls tell them. God bless your entire generation. Let them keep hating us,we no send,a ti se kona month won lara,we don go far far,catch us if you can
lmao!.catch u kwa?.that means igbos have to travel a thounsand years back in time where pple still use brooms to cook.smell like garbage.nd still look as ugly as apes
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
IYA NGBALI: who let the dog out?
ur mama let the dog out the day she born u
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by StateOfMind: 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ola one:
Really? cool cool

BTW, Foodco is okay. Luv their peppered chicken, Bread, Moin Moin and chicken pie

Yes na..me I'm teamfoodco all day everyday cool..their bread still stands out for me. After the whole shoprite bread hype, I was so disappointed when I eventually tasted it cos I tot it would taste like bread made in heaven gringrin.

..And ever since foodco moved to idishin, I have never tasted any other fastfood's snacks,especially chicken pie. I can eat it in my dreams. grin
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
StateOfMind:

Yes na..me I'm teamfoodco all day everyday cool..their bread still stands out for me. After the whole shoprite bread hype, I was so disappointed when I eventually tasted it cos I tot it would taste like bread made in heaven gringrin.

..And ever since foodco moved to idishin, I have never tasted any other fastfood's snacks,especially chicken pie. I can eat it in my dreams. grin
Shoprite bread is wack grin
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by laurel03(m): 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
igboezue: u re not south southerner u ar an ugly.dirt lovin.stinking yoloba.deal with dat
thank you if I am not a southner but the fact we still be fact and I sure 80% of your family members we be staying outside the dried land call south east. Just mention any headquater of good organisation that sited in the east(just one)...

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by StateOfMind: 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ola one:
*edited*
I'm always at Foodco

Huh? Are you their baker or.....grin grin
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
StateOfMind:

Huh? Are you their baker or.....grin grin
grin grin
Maybe
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by ketoprofen(m): 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2013
eluquenson: Everywhere is tribalism but why can't we accept our fate. To me in this country, the westerners are the most educated, elites & they have good knowledge of business(not wayo oh) & yet people still criticize them for their achievement.
I can't fathom why haters can't just hug transformer

tell me one good thing yorubas have done for this country.
Mention one sector they have impacted on , positively.
Where is d evidence of d education?

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by ketoprofen(m): 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

So aba is in Oyo state and Onitsha is in Kano abi?

Those mud houses are out heritage, our history and our story that is we hand over to generations down the line. You can't have such in your alaigbo because u guys are do rest dwellers without any noticeable town before civilization. You see mud, we see history and heritage.

If you don't like it, go and stand in the middle of Lagos -ibadan expressway, omo race ti o ni history, always waking up their parents with sliding tackle and once they have small money in their bank account, they are the Lord over their parents and village chiefs.

so, poor houses whose maintenance is years over due are ur cultural heritage?
Thank God am not yoruba biko.
How many of your politicians live in those poverty stricken houses?
None .
Poverty, illiteracy , laziness, lack of progress go dey wire una.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by sheunpompey1: 3:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
ketoprofen:

tell me one good thing yorubas have done for this country.
Mention one sector they have impacted on , positively.
Where is d evidence of d education?
The yoruba peeps might have failed in improving Nigeria as a whole but the SW remain the region to beat

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by ketoprofen(m): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2013
magnetik:
May be you went there at the quiet time.. see I have been to many malls even in Europe. .there are times in every day when its peak and sometimes quiet, that is, low patronage at a particular time in a day or days in a week. With d population of Ibadan I don't think shoprite will get it wrong. Even the one in Ilorin as small as the city is compared to Ibadan never heard of any complain about it since operation.

my friend , its not abt size of population, its d financial or purchasing power of d ppl.
One person at onitsha will spend wat 32 of u wl buy during shopping.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by ketoprofen(m): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2013
sheunpompey1:
The yoruba peeps might have failed in improving Nigeria as a whole but the SW remain the region to beat

which part of SW pls?
I mean, which area of life?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by ba7man(m): 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2013
At least, bit by bit, the Landscape of Ibadan is changing.

More investments, both foreign and local will always be welcome as long as they provide employment and make life easier for the residents of Ibadan.

S.W oni baje ooo.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by igbo2011(m): 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
Italiano1:

Would you be giving us these wonderful economic analyses if they were expanding in Enugu? Of course not! When Econet and MTN came into Nigeria, who owned them? Black Jews? Abeg waka far my friend

I am a pam africanist. I believe that black africans can come to nigeria before anyone else. If they came to Enugu I would feel the samme way. Most big industries in afria are ran by whites. They have the majoeity stake holder and are th executives. Its funny how africans are ok with this.

In Europe if black Africans controlled everything then they wouldn't have it.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by deols(f): 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
michealade: enh,it looks like aunty sikira store.lol!just jokin its cool nd guy u nid to see d one dey r buildin at ringroad....its huge

hahah..aunty sikira-what a beautiful name you gave it wink

I believe it is cool. I left Ibadan the week they opened it and haven't bern back.

I will surely, in sha Allah be there to see things.window shop is my hobby. grin

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by securi: 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
It's obvious, Nigeria is a mistake. There's so much hatred between tribes, especially between Yorubas& Igbos. If NL represent the educated populace, then, there is no future in Nigeria project.It's time we divide&go our seperate ways.Tu fi akwa

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Norasparkle(f): 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

@post

I was at EGUNU shoprite a day ago. They should rename it yabaleft cuz that place is full of beggars and awon were.
Ibadan is the way to go. Haters beware

U wia at EGUNU shoprite nat shoprite in enugu am sure if u hv gone 2 d ryt location u wld hv seen d fantastic ryt shop

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by emiye(m): 6:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
If Ibos will stop castigating /running down sw developmental threads, there would be peace. some even go as far opening new accounts with yoruba names grin grin grin

sincerely, It is fun rubbing new development in SW on the nose and face of those who badmouth you. Also, the developmental news is way tilted to the sw than the SE, that makes it more hilarious and cheering on one side and painful on the other side

Action and reaction are equal but opposite.

My advise for my se brothers and sisters is to push their electers leaders to create condusive environment for viable investment

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 6:50pm On Sep 29, 2013
chaircover: I was in Shoprite 2 days ago and it was virtually empty and there were def more staff than shoppers and I had a choice of which check out to use. We found a parking slot almost opposite the entrance and I am almost convinced that it is not as well stocked as the Lagos branches.

I understand that there is another one being built along ring road, but that has been under Construction for a while so maybe it makes sense for them to complete it, rather than just abandon it especially as the location is a very good one.

Not all branches of the same business make money, and some branches subsidize others, but they keep the biz open to keep the brand name alive and to make it look as if the brand is doing very well which in turn entices customers as we all like to be associated with successful brands.

Nevertheless, their meatpie is the best in Ibadan grin
Haba!
I'm sure your local Asda store is also virtually empty during off-peak hours. Let's be fair here. Do you expect the place to be bustling with life and shopping activities during off-peak hours; especially on a Thursday afternoon after the so-called Environmental?

Those guys are making a killing in Ibadan!
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 6:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
No time for the bigots and ethnic warlords on this thread.

No time to do their nuts in. May God help them. undecided
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
chaircover: Yes my local ASDA store is virtually empty at 3am in the morning, but very busy during lunch times, so I dont think that it is a good idea to compare ASDA with Shoprite.

I was there and made a comment based on what I saw. If they are doing good, then thats great. I am all for biz because it provides jobs for people.
It wasn't an attempt to castigate you, Ma. We good
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
chaircover:

Isnt a weekday lunch time period deemed to be peak hours with all the banks and traders around that area in the Dugbe/ogunpa/ekotedo axis? Lets also not forget all the staff who work in cocoa house too, Especially as shoprite does heaps of different hot foods at the deli and bakery counter?
yeah but our people don't 'lunch' that way. Don't compare with the way Oyinbos lunch. How many people lunch on sandwich in Naija. Check Shoprite out most evenings, they are making money.

BTW, we will get there wink
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Olaone1: 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 29, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Much Is Petrol Selling For In Your Area? / Inside Osun's Revived Cocoa Factory, Ede, Osun state. (Pictures) / Dangote Refinery: Bailing Out The Unbailable - Investment Or Bailout?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.