Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan (30932 Views)

Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria / Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by deols(f): 12:37am On Sep 29, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

Deola, my Allah sister, stop acting broke and go shop till your hijab drops.
One love wink

@post

I was at Egunu shoprite a day ago. They should rename it yabaleft cuz that place is full of beggars and awon were.
Ibadan is the way to go. Haters beware

my Allah sister..lol

what should I call you nahhh.

what you want make I buy for you? Shoprite here we come.. grin
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 29, 2013
deols:

my Allah sister..lol

what should I call you nahhh.

what you want make I buy for you? Shoprite here we come.. grin

I don dey eye that 96inches plasma tv
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by deols(f): 12:40am On Sep 29, 2013
9jadelta: its like there are many Ibadan and lagos people for nl

The most educated people with the most possible access to internet services or a financial success that allows the purchase of at least the 'ibetapassanybodyelse' generator set.

grin wink

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by esbjaygmailco(m): 12:40am On Sep 29, 2013
geeez: Why was this moved here?

The post about Shoprite opening in Enugu and building in Onitsha are still in the politics section years and months after
They won't operate for a month b4 ur brothers rub them .forget that east for now.and northerners shouldn't expect them to open any serious shop too because the fear of bokoharam is the beginning of wisdom for shoprite. west is enjoying the benefit of been peaceful. asap
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 29, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

While you're viewing things with your ofakasibe bigoted glasses
grin I dan die o

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by deols(f): 12:41am On Sep 29, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

I don dey eye that 96inches plasma tv

hehehehhe..

You should have asked for ice cream nahhh undecided

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Revolva(m): 12:46am On Sep 29, 2013
umm ibadan go enhjoy..tire...no more eleran...for street corner....sha....and all those local ibadan babes.....go upgrade sha......ope o

the shoprite @ ikeja city mall is the biggest in the whole naija.....
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by airmark(m): 12:47am On Sep 29, 2013
I need to stretch my visit to Ibadan on vacation. Enough sopping for my Ibadan sic!!!

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by deols(f): 12:51am On Sep 29, 2013
Revolva: umm ibadan go enhjoy..tire...no more eleran...for street corner....sha....and all those local ibadan babes.....go upgrade sha......ope o

I am sure you have the wrong thought of what local means. Joke is on you

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by victor2020(m): 12:52am On Sep 29, 2013
Shopritization of nigeria
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:53am On Sep 29, 2013
Currently serving in IB and been there a couple of times. I have to ask is that really a wise decision?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Revolva(m): 12:58am On Sep 29, 2013
deols:

I am sure you have the wrong thought of what local mean. Joke is on you

i no call your name..ooooo na so trouble sleep yanga wake am......ur name na local...??
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 29, 2013
Mafia Man: ^^^
All the bigoted fools on these threads should go and die.

lol d-mn. undecided
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by publisher(m): 1:16am On Sep 29, 2013
Blackberry was operating at a loss but still went ahead to produce the z10.

The opening of a second Shoprite in Ibadan less than 5months after the first one simply shows that both malls were conceptualized at the same time-and construction was probably going on simultaneously.

If truly Bodija Mall has been experiencing low patronage,u dont expect the mgt of Shoprite to now abandon the Ring road Mall already advanced in construction.

As a business entity Shoprite can only hope that its visibility studies on Ibadan pays off on the longrun.

It's too early to praise or condemn Ibadan-however with its size and proximity to lagos,surely expectations should be very high.

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 29, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

Sir, weren't you amongst those arrested? angry

I saw the pix. Wasn't your sister the scrawny, scraggly girl in the middle with chop-chop hair grin
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Osinachi101(m): 1:21am On Sep 29, 2013
Just passing by!
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 29, 2013
publisher: Blackberry was operating at a loss but still went ahead to produce the z10.

The opening of a second Shoprite in Ibadan less than 5months after the first one simply shows that both malls were conceptualized at the same time-and construction was probably going on simultaneously.

If truly Bodija Mall has been experiencing low patronage,u dont expect the mgt of Shoprite to now abandon the Ring road Mall already advanced in construction.

As a business entity Shoprite can only hope that it's visibility studies on Ibadan pays off on the longrun.

It's too early to praise or condemn Ibadan-however with its proximity to lagos,surely expectations should be very high.

Who condemned Ibadan?
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:22am On Sep 29, 2013
pDude:

I saw the pix. Wasn't your sister the scrawny, scraggly girl in the middle with chop-chop hair grin

No nah, na your gf be that tongue
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by whitecat007: 1:22am On Sep 29, 2013
The ants from way east would love to trade the land of dark and glooming for our rusted roof ancient town of Ibadan

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 29, 2013
The only way shoprite will survive there will be if they sell amala ati ewedu, gbegiri eti orishirishi.

Ibadan oni gbaje o

7 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:31am On Sep 29, 2013
Ibadan the headquarters of dirty. See as them dey vomit because of shoprite.

Inferiority complex in the midst of dirty is a generational problem

8 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:31am On Sep 29, 2013
toothpaste: Ibadan the headquarters of dirty. See as them dey vomit because of shoprite.

Inferiority complex in the midst of dirty is a generational problem

Abia is the headquarter of dirty

15 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by madamoringo(f): 1:32am On Sep 29, 2013
ThoniaSlim: Currently serving in IB and been there a couple of times. I have to ask is that really a wise decision?

You are still a mere corper, never had a real job, talk less of starting a shoe shiner business or a mama put business worth N 1,000 only but you question the business decision of an international retail outfit with store chains across multiple states and countries? Did you actually go to any university or polytechnic or it is just the default emotional response but no intellectual, thinking capacity of you people that is the problem?? Chances are that Shoprite have and will make better decisions in this lifetime than everyone in your lineage will ever make! Think about it!

13 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:33am On Sep 29, 2013
Billyonaire: The only way shoprite will survive there will be if they sell amala ati ewedu, gbegiri eti orishirishi.

Ibadan oni gbaje o

You previously stated that children should be eliminated from Nairaland, yet you modified it out of your jealousy to post a childish comment.

Pele o.

Ibos too dey jealous Yorubas.......

10 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by madamoringo(f): 1:41am On Sep 29, 2013
Oh for hot tears from the Niger side on this thread? Where is that wet 100 GV transformer for the Igbos to hug after crying? Good one from SW Governors but we NEED more!! Keep going, never stop, don't look back! We will create an incredible dream out of our South Western Region of the Yorubas from Lagos to Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Ekiti and parts of Yoruba territories in Kogi and Kwara State! We will strive to be better than the best we were yesterday! If Nigeria remains, we will let other Nigerians live in our states and cities for premium tax and levies and when Nigeria goes belly up, we will be even more selective on those who can get a temporary (renewable) resident permit, but no citizenship (sorry ajokuta mamumis).

6 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by SEYIKP(m): 1:43am On Sep 29, 2013
Revolva: umm ibadan go enhjoy..tire...no more eleran...for street corner....sha....and all those local ibadan babes.....go upgrade sha......ope o

the shoprite @ ikeja city mall is the biggest in the whole naija.....
You better come and take a look by yoursef, this new mall is the largest in West-Africa have you forgotten that "koyo leda AJUMOSE gbogbo wa ni"
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Truckpusher(m): 1:49am On Sep 29, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

Abia is the headquarter of dirty
True true Aba suppose win garbage city world wide award grin

abeg make i hide before this my dangerous neighbors dem go gimme compound beating grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by kaze4blues(m): 1:54am On Sep 29, 2013
Good news for the progressive SW.

I'm happy to be yoruba.

But why our ibo peeps lied to us that the shoprite ibadan is so dry like a desert before this news came out.

That's how they make spurios claims that dey own yorubaland Lagos.

SMH for them.......

Anyway, who no like better things

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:57am On Sep 29, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

No nah, na your gf be that tongue

I dont have a gf undecided
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by publisher(m): 1:58am On Sep 29, 2013
My only anger is why Nigerian investors and the government have not taken it upon themselves to develope a Nigerian -owned big retail brand.

Look at us Nigerians getting excited about having a South African owned retail outlet opening shop at our respective cities. Kinda shameful if u ask me.

During my childhood days there was the likes of Kingsway, Leventis and Utc...i think.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by madamoringo(f): 2:01am On Sep 29, 2013
kaze4blues:

Good news for the progressive SW.

I'm happy to be yoruba.

But why our ibo peeps lied to us that the shoprite ibadan is so dry like a desert before this news came out.

That's how they make spurios claims that dey own yorubaland Lagos.

SMH for them.......

Anyway, who no like better things

It's the jealousy, hatefulness, covetousness and the propaganda they have been fed since little kids that they are the messiah of Africa. If it gets better for other people, it is the government and mmamadu but when it is ibo, it is merit! SMH! Numbers don't lie! Shoprite will spend a few millions of dollars per year on their market research as a company before committing their billions to any new investment. That is objectivity but the Igbos talk only from their emotions. The IGR of Osun State outstrips that of Anambra by almost 400% but it is an ibo chino that will tell us what he feels is the real IGR not what the government agencies of statistics and records provide as official data! This same kinds of lies permeates every dot of their history from the civil war till today!

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by madamoringo(f): 2:05am On Sep 29, 2013
publisher: My only anger is why Nigerian investors and the government have not taken it upon themselves to develope a Nigerian -owned big retail brand.

Look at us Nigerians getting excited about having a South African owned retail outlet opening shop at our respective cities. Kinda shameful if u ask me.

During my childhood days there was the likes of Kingsway, Leventis and Utc...i think.

What is stopping you since you have the idea and the drive to do it?? Were Kingsway, Leventis, etc Nigerian-owned and ideas? Stop trying to be smart. So if you have not created even a mom and pop store, we should wait until the date you or some Nigerian will invest 1 B in the retail sector of the economy? Well, it is the same thing! I live here and store chains from Europe are here just as store chains from America are in Europe, Asia, etc. Or you want Dangote and Adenuga to go and open a retail outlet again? How many business must they do to please you? You too go and start something and I am sure Adenuga and Dangote will have no problems buying things from your "Shoprite".

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State / Paddy Adenuga On Losing A Good Woman, Recalls How It Happened / The New Form Of Advertising In Nigeria (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.