Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz (6496 Views)

Sexkillz Must Stay #teamsexkillz / Sexkillz Must Go!! / A Petition To Seun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by psky: 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
I think the main reason why some people think he is the best is because of quantity, not quality. Just look at his profile page, he has spent seven months here in just two years, that's a larger percentage than mukina and even the owner of site.

This post by OAM4J couldn't spell it any better:

OAM4J: hmnnn... tough one for me

Jarus..my co moderator, I know we both do a lot of of work keeping the most active section of Nairaland going

Cuddlemii ... She also did a lot of work re-vibrating a seemingly dull section

sexkill ... one moderator am also glad proved critics wrong, he has really worked hard.

... Who do I vote?

I went through the Moderation Logs for the 3 and I found out that despite being new and chosen after the creation of NL2, sexkill logged actions spanned 182 pages, to the best of my knowledge, only 3 people have carried out more actions than him namely; Mukina2 (Supermod)- 609 pages shocked , Seun (Admin) 263 pages and OAM4J (the outgoing moderator of the year cheesy )192 pages...

For this reason I vote Sexkillz

https://www.nairaland.com/1129796/sexkillz-voted-moderator-year-2012#13355835

If someone was spending so much time and energy here, and for free, well of course people would deem him good, but that really doesn't make him good. Quantity might be a factor, but how about quality?

I also think a lot the mods defend him because they have a "them vs us" mentality. Now I cannot accurately tell what happens in the moderator section, but I'm sure a lot of bonding does, and how many people can really objectively criticize those in their inner circles? They probably complain to each other about how annoying some regular members could be and takes solace in the fact that someone else understands their plight, they are really a community of their own, the moderators.
And so here comes the "macho" male ready to defend the mods and show the annoying members where their places are, you really do not expect anything less than respect from them. It's human sociology people, which unfortunately at times yields bad results.

1 Like

Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by FreeGlobe(f): 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
ogugua88:

Are Employee of the Month/Year awards decided by customers?
very dumb question. Is it decided by fellow staff members? Do referees decide the refree of the year, do sports coaches decide the coach of the year, do governors decide the governor of the year, and I can go on.

1 Like

Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
IF ANY OF YOU CAN BEAT YOUR CHEST AND SAY YOU HAVE NOT BROKEN ANY OF THE RULES AT ANY POINT IN TIME...... THEN I WILL JOIN THE BANDWAGON............. WHAT DO YOU GUYR HAVD AGAINST SEXKILLZ ANYWAY?
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Mynd44: 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
WildChild00:

To help answer your question, absolutely yes, both the customers and the employers do d voting to determine the employee of the year, u can do some research n get back.
Actually, not all firms use this method. Do banks take customers feedback to determine there employee of the month/year?
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
berem: LOL at customers. Are you trying to equate nairaland members to customers? ok, let's say members of this forum are customers as you think, and you are the boss. If 35 percent of customers complain bitterly about a member of staff for his attitude towards customers, Ogugua, as the boss, would you still retain such staff?

Members are the ones clicking Seun's adverts and driving traffic for his website, aka making him revenue.

When you have a proper figure, and of that figure, none of them broke rules or had attitude problems themselves, then I will answer. You already know my take on this. I can't discuss calling someone to order when those whom are complaining are breaking rules and making malicious threats.
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by donphilopus: 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
Mynd_44:
First of all, an employer has confidence in his employees. If he gets complaints about an employee, he/she would investigate the allegations to see if they are true or just spurred by baseless emotions.

Why would someone come to an organisation, break the rules and when he is thrown out, he calls the staff names and files a complaint. This is absurd
if the people he has banned can post the Link to the post they were banned, i am sure you'll know most of the ban were no ban-worthy.
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
FreeGlobe: very dumb question. Is it decided by fellow staff members? Do referees decide the refree of the year, do sports coaches decide the coach of the year, do governors decide the governor of the year, and I can go on.

You can go on as no one is stopping you. I've already said my own. Nairaland is a business and is run like one. Fact.

If you want to have an opinion in terms of who is mod of the year, then state so, but just as public sections have their awards, the mod section will have it's award. You can start a mod of the year award in General in December if r231, Freiburger, and admin are cool with that.
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
WildChild00: To help answer your question, absolutely yes, both the customers and the employers do d voting to determine the employee of the year, u can do some research n get back.

I don't need to do any research as I'm speaking from personal experience.
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 29, 2013
honey: IF ANY OF YOU CAN BEAT YOUR CHEST AND SAY YOU HAVE NOT BROKEN ANY OF THE RULES AT ANY POINT IN TIME...... THEN I WILL JOIN THE BANDWAGON............. WHAT DO YOU GUYR HAVD AGAINST SEXKILLZ ANYWAY?

Exactly.
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Mynd44: 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
donphilopus: if the people he has banned can post the Link to the post they were banned, i am sure you'll know most of the ban were no ban-worthy.
Whose fault is that? If you make complains and you back it up with proof, then you have a case. This thread is just one huge witch hunt
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Mynd44: 6:10pm On Sep 29, 2013
honey: IF ANY OF YOU CAN BEAT YOUR CHEST AND SAY YOU HAVE NOT BROKEN ANY OF THE RULES AT ANY POINT IN TIME...... THEN I WILL JOIN THE BANDWAGON............. WHAT DO YOU GUYR HAVD AGAINST SEXKILLZ ANYWAY?
I find it amusing that Berem is here posting like she is pure and holy.
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by WildChild00(m): 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
Mynd_44:
Actually, not all firms use this method. Do banks take customers feedback to determine there employee of the month/year?

Atleast we are brainstorming in here, to answer your own question, if you can recall Mrs Ibru, of Ocenic bank during the days of Chukwuma Soludo, Mrs Ibru won the Nigerian best bank of the year award base on the votes coming mainly frm the general public and its customers, and most banks too give some percentage of voting to it customers say 20% to 30% to make them feel happy and perhaps been taking along.
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by FreeGlobe(f): 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
psky: I think the main reason why some people think he is the best is because of quantity, not quality. Just look at his profile page, he has spent seven months here in just two years, that's a larger percentage than mukina and even the owner of site.

If someone was spending so much time and energy here, and for free, well of course people would deem him good, but that really doesn't make him good. Quantity might be a factor, but how about quality?

its all joblessness, that is why Seun has made him a supporting mod in all threads without helping him with the tag of super mod. grin grin grin
Seun is wise afterall. Dude needs serious rehabilitation.
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by donphilopus: 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
psky: I think the main reason why some people think he is the best is because of quantity, not quality. Just look at his profile page, he has spent seven months here in just two years, that's a larger percentage than mukina and even the owner of site.

I also think a lot the mods defend him because they have a "them vs us" mentality. Now I cannot accurately tell what happens in the moderator section, but I'm sure a lot of bonding does, and how many people can really objectively criticize those in their inner circles? They probably complain to each other about how annoying some regular members could be and takes solace in the fact that someone else understands their plight, they are really a community of their own, the moderators.
And so here comes the "macho" male ready to defend the mods and show the annoying members where their places are, you really do not expect anything less than respect from them. It's human sociology people, which unfortunately at times yields bad results.
when I read through that Post by OAM4J the other day, i was so disappinted. Just because he has so many pages and stay online frequently, he was awarded the Best MOD of the Year, which is not supposed to be.
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
ogugua88:

Members are the ones clicking Seun's adverts and driving traffic for his website, aka making him revenue.

When you have a proper figure, and of that figure, none of them broke rules or had attitude problems themselves, then I will answer. You already know my take on this. I can't discuss calling someone to order when those whom are complaining are breaking rules and making malicious threats.
What proof do you have that most of them broke the rules? Why should everyone be complaining about a particular moderator? Is he the only moderator in this forum? As i said earlier, when almost everyone seems to be complaining about a certain moderator, they are not wrong! Something is definitely wrong with the moderator.

2 Likes

Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
I can swear with my mother that i have never broken any rules that warrants a ban from sexkillz!!
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
berem: What proof do you have that most of them broke the rules? Why should everyone be complaining about a particular moderator? Is he the only moderator in this forum? As i said earlier, when almost everyone seems to be complaining about a certain moderator, they are not wrong! Something is definitely wrong with the moderator.

What other proof do I or does anyone else need apart from members' posts? When you violated a rule, I showed you your post. Rather than for you to admit it, you started calling your tribal jabs a joke. Remember?

When almost everyone complaining about a certain moderator has violated one rule or another and then proceed to insults in threads, then something is definitely wrong with those members.
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
Mynd_44:
I find it amusing that Berem is here posting like she is pure and holy.
If i were guilty, you will never see me on this thread or any anti-sexkillz thread.
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by FreeGlobe(f): 6:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
perhaps the said mod is the only performing mod on nairaland that warrants the gods of nairaland to be against him, you follow follow elements can have a stadium full of seats. I don't even have to oblige your silly request
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by WildChild00(m): 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
ogugua88:

I don't need to do any research as I'm speaking from personal experience.

You can say dat again! Na be only experience.
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Mynd44: 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
WildChild00:

Atleast we are brainstorming in here, to answer your own question, if you can recall Mrs Ibru, of Ocenic bank during the days of Chukwuma Soludo, Mrs Ibru won the Nigerian best bank of the year award base on the votes coming mainly frm the general public and its customers, and most banks too give some percentage of voting to it customers say 20% to 30% to make them feel happy and perhaps been taking along.
How long has it been since was the governor? Does the governor's forum ask the public who should lead them?

Do the public decide who is given the world's best footballer?

The person of the year is an initial affair of the firm and is used to increase the drive of each person working there
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
ogugua88:

What other proof do I or does anyone else need apart from members' posts? When you violated a rule, I showed you your post. Rather than for you to admit it, you started calling your tribal jabs a joke. Remember?

When almost everyone complaining about a certain moderator has violated one rule or another and then proceed to insults in threads, then something is definitely wrong with those members.
Ogugua nne, i know you're trying hard to defend your man. it's a normal thing. If i were to be you, I'll do just the same. I'll advise you to use the strength you're using to defend him to also call him to order. Don't think because this is an anonymous forum, you'll care less. You need to sit your man down and talk sense to him. just an advice!
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
berem: I can swear with my mother that i have never broken any rules that warrants a ban from sexkillz!!
i have some extracts from your posts.........[1]youve never broken any rule that warrants ban from sexkillz= 1. does sexkillz have his own banning rules 2. i think all rule warrant bans, though the lenght of the ban may vary pending the offence committed....
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by FreeGlobe(f): 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
I just found out the looney has a 34 paged thread asking for his sack. Something's not right. I understand how difficult it is for seun to drop him because of his supporting role.
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
berem: Ogugua nne, i know you're trying hard to defend your man. it's a normal thing. If i were to be you, I'll do just the same. I'll advise you to use the strength you're using to defend him to also call him to order. Don't think because this is an anonymous forum, you'll care less. You need to sit your man down and talk sense to him. just an advice!

When you and others stop breaking rules, then I'll call him to order.

1 Like

Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Mynd44: 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
berem: If i were guilty, you will never see me on this thread or any anti-sexkillz thread.
He banned you for derailing this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1413456/landowners-issue-ultimatum-enugu-international

do you deny going off topic and resulting to insults here? Please answer honestly cos you are here talking like you are pure of heart.

2 Likes

Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by greedie1(f): 6:25pm On Sep 29, 2013
Mynd_44:
Whose fault is that? If you make complains and you back it up with proof, then you have a case. This thread is just one huge witch hunt
really? are you sure complaint + proof=a case?
i think not
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by FreeGlobe(f): 6:25pm On Sep 29, 2013
berem: Ogugua nne, i know you're trying hard to defend your man. it's a normal thing. If i were to be you, I'll do just the same. I'll advise you to use the strength you're using to defend him to also call him to order. Don't think because this is an anonymous forum, you'll care less. You need to sit your man down and talk sense to him. just an advice!

the hell? lwkm. is that the cyber gf? hahahahahaha, no wonder emotion is speaking through her. in the words of Mugabe, shame, shame, shame. SHAME! hahahaha!

2 Likes

Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Mynd44: 6:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
@Berem, I can put up your tribal insults that you were banned for too to remind you. Cos I am assuming you forgot instead of saying you are lying

1 Like

Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
Mynd_44:
He banned you for derailing this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1413456/landowners-issue-ultimatum-enugu-international

do you deny going off topic and resulting to insults here? Please answer honestly cos you are here talking like you are pure of heart.
LOL! That was the last unjust ban he gave me. Take your time and go through that thread. I never derailed that topic. Infact i complained to a super mod about the ban and posted the link to her. I protested against the ban and i was unbanned. If truely i derailed, i won't complain and I'll quietly serve my ban.I remember Afam banned me for insulting a member and i didn't protest because i know i was guilty.
Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2013
Everybody is now Sexkillz.. Sexkillz this, Sexkillz that..

Even people that does not know him, or Commented on his thread are Shouting Sexkillz..

Nigerians sha?? They can't seize to amaze me..

1 Like

Re: Sign A Petition To SACK Sexkillz by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2013
Mynd_44: @Berem, I can put up your tribal insults that you were banned for too to remind you. Cos I am assuming you forgot instead of saying you are lying

I wish we could create a hall of shame thread. Post infractions from all of those witch-hunting. It's apparent they have selective memory or dementia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unlock Your Airtel Vida M2, Zte Mf927u, MF920W+ And Mf920vs Mifi / My UBA Mobile App Is Showing Balance Unavailable. How Do I Rectify This? / Man Eating Men ! Clifford Orji's "brother" Innocent Orji Cannibal Kidnappers .ch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.