Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Distant Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationships (1072 Views)

The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Long Distant Relationships...how Safe Are They? / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distant Relationships by abideck(f): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2008
pls i would like to get u guys opinion on how to make distance relationships work ? wink
Re: Distant Relationships by CARUSO(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2008
abideck:

please i would like to get u guys opinion on how to make distance relationships work ? wink

why u enter am in the first place?!

douche bag!!!!!
Re: Distant Relationships by dreeldee: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2008
with true e-luv, it sure will work out cool
Re: Distant Relationships by NegroNtns(m): 4:44pm On Jun 26, 2008
You keep an open friendship going with local women where you are. Make sure you tell them categorically that you are not looking for permanence, just a casual friendship. Keep regular communication with your gal at the other end and keep pressing into her ears how much u miss her and wish to be in her arms. If she ever ask if u r seeing other people, say no but you talk to friends on a casual basis. Be objective, but don't be stupid. There are other things packaged into those casual friends, no need to say, u already got the memo, right?
Re: Distant Relationships by kokoye(m): 8:35pm On Jun 26, 2008
Absence makes the heart grow fonder abi? keep on increasing the distance. more power to you.
Re: Distant Relationships by RedHotChic(f): 10:02pm On Jun 26, 2008
It depends on the parties responsible .
Re: Distant Relationships by kene20(m): 12:13am On Jun 27, 2008
Try 2 communicate wit her always n let her know that u luv and miss her smiley. Visit her whenever the chance comes out n reassure her of ur luv n commitment smiley cheesy . And very important, dont listen 2 gossips.
Re: Distant Relationships by hardknocks(m): 12:00pm On Jun 27, 2008
it sucks

Re: Distant Relationships by galatico(m): 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2008
Well it depends on how far it is, if it there is a possibility of the two seeing then it's OK. if there is a but there then its not advicable.
Re: Distant Relationships by kufreabasi(m): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2008
always keep your transport money down to solve your distance relationship
Re: Distant Relationships by ebmulo(m): 1:02pm On Jun 27, 2008
@ poster

Some distance relationships do work,but it depends on several factors and would require some commitment,hardwork and sacrifice from both parties involved.

There are instances where long distance relationship work out very well and there are also relationships which do not work out even though the people see each other on an almost daily basis.

The probability for success or failure of a distance relationship can only be assesed on a case by case basis.It can not be generalized.I can not know if your relationship may work out or not because i do not know useful information such as if you both met physically or you met on the internet,or how long you have been together,the level seriousness of the relationship,why one of the people involved is travelling,what type of personality the person have,age, how often you communicate/plan to see each other,family involvement,amongst several other things.

If you want to know if there is a chance of your distance relationship working out,then you will need to divulge a bit more information.Like i said,whether it would work or not depends on the people involved.

You can not be told if a relationship will work or not (We are not God).You can only be told if there is a good chance of it working out.

If you are not comfortable revealing such info here for everyone to see,let me know and i will give you my email,and we'll discuss about it.

Hope this helps.
Re: Distant Relationships by Gamine(f): 1:08pm On Jun 27, 2008
How much distance are you talking about,
because any distance more than 50km is long distance to me.
Re: Distant Relationships by ladybam(f): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2008
abideck:

please i would like to get u guys opinion on how to make distance relationships work ? wink

Believe that it will work, and it will probably work
Re: Distant Relationships by ladybam(f): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2008
hardknocks:

it sucks

no, it rocks.it could be an excellent opportunity for you to be free

abideck:

Honestly, it depends on the persons involved,
Re: Distant Relationships by hardknocks(m): 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2008
@ladbam

Is that so? cheesy
Uche , i beg mail me lets talk. wink

Re: Distant Relationships by ashe2(f): 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2008
abideck, life is all about learning and u ve already got your hand soaked wit oil red one at that. the truth is opf 100 long distance relationship i ve heard and seen only 10 worked it entails a lot of hardwork, open mindedness and money,wit all the doubt of if hes bin true to u and vice versa. can u reali keep it. relationship i think shud be pratical not theoritical its pratical wen u guys are always together and theoritical wen one is far cos u do 2 much of talkin and less of actin. if he was to stay for a while and then come back like 2 mnths but him leavin there! the peace of the lord be with you.
Re: Distant Relationships by abideck(f): 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2008
i really appreciate ur posts we both got admission into babcock university but ther was change of plans so i dont get to go again he goes while i pursue unilag looking at it its not really far. i believe it can work btw us cuz i know he loves me n i luv him too but i am hoping for the best
Re: Distant Relationships by ogb5(m): 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2008
You are setting the scene for poor school result. You just get admission and you dey talk of love.
It will not work (most likely) ofcourse he can continue with you as long as you like but what do you think will come out of it. When you are ready for marriage the guy will still be in school or searching for a job.

It depends on what you are looking for anyway, if you are looking for someone to bang you during the holidays, then certainly it can work, but anything more than that, prepare for heartache.

My advice? Face your studies.
Re: Distant Relationships by ladybam(f): 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2008
hardknocks:

@ladbam

Is that so? cheesy
Uche , i beg mail me lets talk. wink

ooh really wink wink wink
Re: Distant Relationships by hotchic1(f): 10:49pm On Jun 27, 2008
kokoye:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder abi? keep on increasing the distance. more power to you.

You got me rolling on the floor with laughter.

abideck:

i really appreciate your posts we both got admission into babcock university but ther was change of plans so i don't get to go again he goes while i pursue unilag looking at it its not really far. i believe it can work between us because i know he loves me n i love him too but i am hoping for the best

For me,Unilag n Babcock aint really long distance,you can't be with him all the time .
Its  pretty difficult though and it depends on loads of stuffs.
How long have you been dating each other,do you really think its what you want,do you trust him enough because thats basically what the relationship will be based on since you won't be seeing each other.Are you sure you really want him because am a lady and i know things changes when we move to campus,thesame thing goes with the guy,he is moving into a whole new world and are you sure you will still be what he wants.
Do you think you have enouh patience to see you through  the relationship,i really can't say it all but its worth thinking through it very well before you move into it.
Re: Distant Relationships by AKO1(m): 11:08pm On Jun 27, 2008
Like someone said, one cannot make generalisations about this issue.

However, I think that it would generally work better with marriage thatn with dating/going out.

You say you both just got admission, meaning that it is likely that you are both young and still having fun and trying out stuff. In this case, if it is the case, it is not very likely to work because there is no serious, as in serious commitment like marriage.
Re: Distant Relationships by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 27, 2008
love in the university is the ficklest thing i've ever seen. u're probably infatuated, in lust, whatever. you'll forget the guy soon enough. find someone around. ogb's right - long distance is going to hurt your studies, plus it's for the emotionally strong because of the many issues involved.

break it up nicely. rite now your relationships should ease the stress of school not exacerbate it, and provide tons of memories for afterwards. i don't think u get fun memories from long bus rides.
Re: Distant Relationships by ladybam(f): 12:18am On Jun 28, 2008
@ poster

always call each other,it could help to keep your hearts connected
Re: Distant Relationships by Eclairs: 4:43am On Jun 28, 2008
iceblue:

love in the university is the ficklest thing i've ever seen. u're probably infatuated, in lust, whatever. you'll forget the guy soon enough. find someone around. ogb's right - long distance is going to hurt your studies, plus it's for the emotionally strong because of the many issues involved.

break it up nicely. rite now your relationships should ease the stress of school not exacerbate it, and provide tons of memories for afterwards. i don't think u get fun memories from long bus rides.

Infatuation from a long distance? How possible is tht?

@poster, you are not alone, just hv to keep praying. however frustrating it might be smtyms especially wen u need a hug, you must be willing to accept faults and truths no matter how bitter and point out shortcomings without fear. Be urself and neva fail to show how much u care the relationship mean to you. Yes shit does happen but then, the power of communication can assauge or avert any putrid mishap,

Like I said, u are not alone, Just believe it will work and dont fail to open up if u fink it isnt leading anywhere,
Re: Distant Relationships by StephenP(m): 6:03am On Jun 28, 2008
@ poster, that long distance shit don't work at all. Pull out while you can.
Re: Distant Relationships by Mesmerize(f): 6:05am On Jun 28, 2008
@topic
hmmmm. .

ebmulo:

@ poster

Some distance relationships do work,but it depends on several factors and would require some commitment,hardwork and sacrifice from both parties involved.

There are instances where long distance relationship work out very well and there are also relationships which do not work out even though the people see each other on an almost daily basis.

The probability for success or failure of a distance relationship can only be assesed on a case by case basis.It can not be generalized.I can not know if your relationship may work out or not because i do not know useful information such as if you both met physically or you met on the internet,or how long you have been together,the level seriousness of the relationship,why one of the people involved is travelling,what type of personality the person have,age, how often you communicate/plan to see each other,family involvement,amongst several other things.

If you want to know if there is a chance of your distance relationship working out,then you will need to divulge a bit more information.Like i said,whether it would work or not depends on the people involved.

You can not be told if a relationship will work or not (We are not God).You can only be told if there is a good chance of it working out.

If you are not comfortable revealing such info here for everyone to see,let me know and i will give you my email,and we'll discuss about it.

Hope this helps.
Re: Distant Relationships by studio43(m): 6:08am On Jun 28, 2008
mes,

u no dey tire?
Re: Distant Relationships by iice(f): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2008
Una dey try. Best of luck
Re: Distant Relationships by Busta(f): 3:36pm On Jul 02, 2008
Long Distance DOES NOT WORK!!!

let it go people and quit decieving urselves.
Re: Distant Relationships by squirrel20(f): 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2008
Long distance relationship does not work. Both parties just end up cheating and cheating and cheating on themselves. At the end the'll still claim to be in love. All this distance thing sef gives me headache. people should stop all this long distance thing.

(1) (Reply)

My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex / Have You Ever Left Someone Though You Knew You'd Find Noone Else Like Them? / My And My Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.