Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Thread For Weed Smokers. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Thread For Weed Smokers. (31205 Views)

Photo Of How Smokers Kill Themselves: Viewers Discretion Advised. / EBOLA: Cigarette Smokers To Dip Their Sticks in Salty Water Before Smoking? / How Do You Feel After Smoking Weed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 21, 2013
tbaba1234:

Yes, but I will not be deliberately killing myself. You are hurting your body with this stuff.

Lol. How? Fast food does more harm. Please bring something concrete.

And I swear I'm far healthier than you are grin grin. I just did my monthly check ups and all the tests were ok. My doctor knows I smoke marijuana. You wouldn't catch me dead with a cigarette though.

Erm, btw, u know I'm muskeeto, right? Long time. tongue

1 Like

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by tbaba1234: 7:54am On Oct 21, 2013
aManFromMars:

Anything against living healthy?? 'Lesser evil' is still evil.. it is not a choice between weed or fast food.
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by tbaba1234: 7:55am On Oct 21, 2013
Muskeeto, you wan craze abi?
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 21, 2013
tbaba1234:

Anything against living healthy?? 'Lesser evil' is still evil.. it is not a choice between weed or fast food.

Oh. It is, just pick an 'unhealthy' option you can manage. Any problems with that? Come on, man, you're better than this. I asked for something concrete.
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 21, 2013
tbaba1234: Muskeeto, you wan craze abi?

Hahahahaa grin
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by tbaba1234: 8:02am On Oct 21, 2013
What will be considered concrete? A research paper that shows how your brain, heart and lungs are affected?? Or how disease resistance drops?

See your problem is not an intellectual one, it is an emotional one. There has to be a will to quit. Most smokers already know the dangers.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2013
tbaba1234: What will be considered concrete? A research paper that shows how your brain, heart and lungs are affected??

See your problem is not an intellectual one, it is an emotional one. There has to be a will to quit. Most smokers already know the dangers.

Cool. When and if it becomes a problem, I'll quit. Hopefully, something else doesn't get me before then; drunk driver, plane crash, aids from a clipper wink, some epidemic, food poisoning..... cry
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Bella3(f): 8:09am On Oct 21, 2013
I shall consider y'all in my prayer.... gringringringrin
I have a question though, marijuanna is illegal...... Atleast last i checked... :-/
How do yo handle that??
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 21, 2013
BĂ©lla3: I shall consider y'all in my prayer.... gringringringrin
I have a question though, marijuanna is illegal...... Atleast last i checked... :-/
How do yo handle that??

Good question. I dey come. kiss
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by tbaba1234: 8:11am On Oct 21, 2013
What a joke!! If giving up addictions were so easy, there will be no need for rehab centres.

Most likely, if and when it becomes a problem, it might be too hard to stop.
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by druid06(m): 8:17am On Oct 21, 2013
Fvck weed!

Liquor's better.
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 21, 2013
tbaba1234: What a joke!! If giving up addictions were so easy, there will be no need for rehab centres.

Most likely, if and when it becomes a problem, it might be too hard to stop.

Do rehab centres work? It's just a place for hypocrites. Fighting off any addiction starts from within. I'll accept some people are a lot stronger than others though. And yes, I know lots of people who have handled their addictions without ever stepping into rehab.

Erm, I have cousins who have been taking weed long before I was born. They are all mentally stable and have made good husbands. Better than one who goes to church everyday and is pious and has just been through a divorce. Different strokes for different folks. In both cases, I don't think it had anything to do with weed or lack of it.

It's all about personal responsibility and that's what I'd like every follower of this thread to understand. The concerns some have aired here are quite valid. If you find that you NEED to smoke weed to make your life interesting, you just might be ADDICTED.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Ichel: 8:20am On Oct 21, 2013
aManFromMars:

You should post this in the Literature section. Who OD's on weed? angry

Liars like you deserve to be shot, along with your useless hood mates.
#word

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Osisinakpo(m): 8:54am On Oct 21, 2013
aManFromMars: Erm, keep your Jesus out of this thread,abeg.

That man that forgot to bless a marriage because he was thirsty for alcohol...

The man that dried a fig tree so he could smoke the leaves.. angry

No come spoil my thread. tongue

May God forgive you and have mercy on you !!!
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by mastermynd(m): 8:58am On Oct 21, 2013
tbaba1234:

Yes, but I will not be deliberately killing myself. You are hurting your body with this stuff.
Lailai,,a mad man will never agree he is mad,,,,
Keep weeding,,u re d best,
Very gud for ya health
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by tchaik(m): 9:16am On Oct 21, 2013
aManFromMars: grin
I tok am. And that's the weakest comeback I ever read, not surprising, bombs do more damage. shocked cool

Funny, ask the suicide bomber which was more dangerous to his mind: weed or the Quran?

Lmao. Stay away or you'll keep getting 'burnt'... Literally kiss
I call my weed the Koran, cos burning that stuff will get you stoned!

#wake&bake

1 Like

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 21, 2013
tchaik:
I call my weed the Koran, cos burning that sh!t will get you stoned!

#wake&bake

cheesy
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:11am On Oct 21, 2013
My first contact with weed was in secondary school.. grin

My seatmate had brought a stash to school (for what purpose I cant remember). Unfortunately for him, that day our principal came for a random search and inspection visit. Nna, see as the guy start to find how to dispose the herb wey ehn hold.. Thats how he split it and gave us to chew and swallow.. #Game over.. I have never felt that light headed ever again. The high prolly lasted like 3 days for me. I would fall asleep randomly, wake up high, lazy, relaxed and extremely hungry. After that experience, it took another 8years before I would light up my first herb.. At this point, I was in J.S.S 2 and very young..

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 21, 2013
cheesy

I've not ingested through food. I hear say beans na the best... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by jayriginal: 11:14am On Oct 21, 2013
bonetalk: I can't forget this thing called marijuana, it almost killed me/make me insane in my secondary school days and it lasted for 3 days before i could get myself back to normal. The last time i smoked it was when i was re-writing my ssce examination, i couldn't write anything down on that day, i couldn't walk, nor see clearly, everything i saw then were moving including buildings . It was funny but i cant forget those ugly moments of my life. Thank God for my life now, i've accepted Jesus into my life, and there is nothing like that in Life!

I think its a greater high for him. Opium things wink
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 21, 2013
jayriginal:

I think its a greater high for him. Opium things wink

lmao. na true sef... the most high... ascension things... grin grin
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by jayriginal: 11:25am On Oct 21, 2013
joudini: I would say l had early contact with weed. Started at 14 in boarding house. One of the things l copped from weed was the relaxed, laid-back, multi-dimensional view it seemed to give me about an event. I no longer looked at an event just like an event but as a sequence of reaction from an earlier event. It seemed l could see the board instead of individual pieces just like an eagle flying overhead. It gave me a super-imposed sense of awareness. I was at peace with myself and nature. But only as long as l was under the psychedelic effects. Over the years though, l have understood that l shouldnt let a substance, natural or synthetic, determine my state of mind for me at any moment. I had to give it up.

Sounds like what a friend described to me.

Dude is a doctor but a petrol head.

So he was telling me that he smoked a joint with another doctor (who I know personally and who later independently narrated the story to me) and they were driving and all of a sudden, my friend told the other one how he could feel the inner workings of the car, from the transmission to the shaft, to the oils and all. The other friend replied that he could feel it too. Bear in mind that this dude had no knowledge of cars.

Weed has been used to argue the case for spirituality for similar reasons but its not a good enough reason.

Anyhoo, I think its well established that weed (while more or less socially unacceptable) is far less dangerous than alcohol (which is quite acceptable except you are in the North)

1 Like

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by jayriginal: 11:34am On Oct 21, 2013
aManFromMars:

Weed, for me, relaxes me. So I kinda agree with those who say it's medicinal, though I haven't really done any research on those claims. grin

Then you should research. It is medicinal. It helps with cancer and glaucoma. That much I "know" without checking. I probably should check before posting but . . . screw it!
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 21, 2013
i have cooked with weed 2ice. First with noodles and den with beans....the high takes a long time to activate. But when it comes hmmmm it takes a very long time to go up to 8 hrs.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by jayriginal: 11:41am On Oct 21, 2013
aManFromMars:

See that there?

That same doctor I referred to as a petrol head was with me one day, drinking and smoking (not weed) and so we got to talking about how unhealthy stuff was. He said "abeg drink jor" and there was a doctor on "housemanship" and he interrogated that doctor right there. What he was trying to establish is that in his line of work, he sees more people die from obesity than from any other thing.
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by joudini(m): 11:51am On Oct 21, 2013
ATMC: Tobacco kills about six million people each year -- Almost one casualty every eight seconds.

Do you actually know what weed is and is not? Do you know what tobacco is and what makes it so dangerous? Do you know 'nicotine', the addictive element in tobacco is absent in weed? And so is other dangerous refined compounds absent? Do you know after series of complex researches, some partly sponsored by pharmaceutical monopolists to witchhunt weed, there hasn't been a universally accepted verdict in medical journals about the real dangers of weed beyond the expected behavioural addictions. Ever heard of medical grown weed? Read up on the application of weed in medical research and institutes including hospitals. Let's be factual about what weed is and is not.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
joudini:

Do you actually know what weed is and is not? Do you know what tobacco is and what makes it so dangerous? Do you know 'nicotine', the addictive element in tobacco is absent in weed? And so is other dangerous refined compounds absent? Do you know after series of complex researches, some partly sponsored by pharmaceutical monopolists to witchhunt weed, there hasn't been a universally accepted verdict in medical journals about the real dangers of weed beyond the expected behavioural addictions. Ever heard of medical grown weed? Read up on the application of weed in medical research and institutes including hospitals. Let's be factual about what weed is and is not.

I asked for this page to be put on frontpage weeks back. This is the kind of discussion and information that this thread requires. Nigerians, and Africans in general, rarely think beyond what they hear, and are least willing of all races to form non-biased opinions based on factual evidence. It's a sad scenario but one day, we hope we'll change. I dey hope sha...

Thanks, bro.

And anyways, this isn't to make weed more acceptable. I could care less. Something go kee person anyways. grin

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
rasojie: i have cooked with weed 2ice. First with noodles and den with beans....the high takes a long time to activate. But when it comes hmmmm it takes a very long time to go up to 8 hrs.

8 hours? Oh boy.. na christmas holiday i go do that one.. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by vanhelsing(m): 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
Started smoking when I was 13,was in Jss3 then..Now weed isn't a big deal when you grow up in Kano state. I've never smoked a cigarette all my life.
My 1st experience was something else,twas like my brain was overfed with information and couldn't process any of them. For me, it takes me to that plane between consciousness and semi-consciousness-Tranquility
I chew,smoke and cook with it...lol, Been smoking for 16 years,I smoke every morning before work and night..(I can smoke 5 jumbos in 1 hour). No regrets

Note-Over 60 percent of decent people you know smoke weed....it is one of life's best kept secrets
Now,Excuse me while I lite my kush. grin

8 Likes

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
vanhelsing: Started smoking when I was 13,was in Jss3 then..Now weed isn't a big deal when you grow up in Kano state. I've never smoked a cigarette all my life.
My 1st experience was something else,twas like my brain was overfed with information and couldn't process any of them. For me, it takes me to that plane between consciousness and semi-consciousness-Tranquility
I chew,smoke and cook with it...lol, Been smoking for 16 years,I smoke every morning before work and night..(I can smoke 5 jumbos in 1 hour). No regrets

Note-Over 60 percent of decent people you know smoke weed....it is one of life's best kept secrets
Now,Excuse me while I lite my kush. grin

cheesy

Bro, e be lyk say na lyk dis u dey go work ---> cool

ur eye for don red scatter... grin
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by vanhelsing(m): 12:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
aManFromMars:

cheesy

Bro, e be lyk say na lyk dis u dey go work ---> cool

ur eye for don red scatter... grin

5 jumbos nor be workday tinz o,eyes no even dey red again...e don tey!lol
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by johnwell(m): 12:56pm On Oct 21, 2013

chei.... laf wan kill me,... wetin Jesus do u?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

Unvaccinated Civil Servants Barred From Federal Secretariat, Abuja (Photo) / How To Prevent Underarm Odor. / Lagos Discharges Four More COVID-19 Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.