Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary (19098 Views)

Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana / Jonathan's National Conference Is Due To His Second Term Fear-he May Break Nigr. / Fraudulent Amalgamation Of 1914: Sovereign National Conference Is The Way To Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by nagoma(m): 11:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
confusion247:
38 years of northern disastrous rule that ruined Nigeria forever didn't hold Nigeria together, Obasanjo's first and second coming didn't hold Nigeria together, now you thought that Jonathan's four years will hold Nigeria together, shame on you. Rise above hatred.
Yoruba elders of thought and wise leaders was mounting pressure on Jonathan to call for a national dialogue despite that Jonathan didn't agree on this before. Today Jonathan as a listening president decided to listen to these elders and gave in to their demand. Then a yoruba looter decided to criticize Jonathan for respecting the views of the elders from yoruba land.
For once in the life of this hypocritical One Nigeria, Yoruba elders have disobeyed their masters(hausa/fulani oligarchy) to liberate their people from northern slavery and one prodigal son(Tinubu) from their land still want their people to remain in slavery.
All i know is that after the conference, hypocritical One Nigeria will become history. The mistake of lugard will be corrected and peace will reign.

We have the same conclusion. So why the conference let Jona appoint a committee to draw the new borders? At least that is one thing he is good at - appointing committees.
You also said "he is a listening president" . I don't know what radio station he listens to but all i know , as he himself said- " he doesn't give a damn". That is Jonathan for you. grin
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
atlwireles:

Let's see it when you find it.

I was going to respond to that 'payless' dude, but I just love the way you have his time and handle him.
Nice job Bro... Even where i Stay in PH, it's 16 hrs of constant / stable light.
Julius Berger is doing a great job on the Oshodi-Apapa exp way in Lagos and has commenced the Lagos-ibadan exp way
Many power stations springing up, yet one gullible fellow is still asking to show the deliverable of Mr President.
it's wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by ogbronx(m): 11:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
clint77ng: The truth is dat u didnt vote 4 him. All that he promised during his campaign he is almost accomplishing. He promised fresh air and all sectors are getting the fresh air, roads, railway, airport, electoral process, power, fuel even education. First time in Naija history, N935b was spent on security and u and i know how long this money will go in dualizing naija highways. Despite this set back, every sector is been touched. U and i know that GEJ has tried alot despite all the challenges. If our past clueful, non retardeen and non corrupt leaders did half of what the clueles one has done to our power sector, who be America to get light pass us. Abeg this guy don try.
delusional. NTA only
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by LajaLaba: 12:21am On Oct 07, 2013
clint77ng: The truth is dat u didnt vote 4 him. All that he promised during his campaign he is almost accomplishing. He promised fresh air and all sectors are getting the fresh air, roads, railway, airport, electoral process, power, fuel even education. First time in Naija history, N935b was spent on security and u and i know how long this money will go in dualizing naija highways. Despite this set back, every sector is been touched. U and i know that GEJ has tried alot despite all the challenges. If our past clueful, non retardeen and non corrupt leaders did half of what the clueles one has done to our power sector, who be America to get light pass us. Abeg this guy don try.
lol do u believe all what u wrote down?
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by dbride: 12:27am On Oct 07, 2013
mbulela:
Wait until you see the type of National Conference GEJ will approve.
It will just be another talk shop with silly no-go areas that will just submit papers that need to be scrutinized by the NASS and GEJ will claim too be reading its contents until after 2015, like Tinubu rightly asked,how are you sure this one will be any better than all the plenty committees that the president has formed and its results collecting dust in the shelf?
In our bid for hope we must not just become gullible. I see no sign that GEJ had a damascus experience so why should you expect anything different? Let us keep watching (or like Bola Ige, Siddon look).

Start somewhere. Elections were rigged the previous years so we should never hold elections again? Why would you conjure all negative thoughts now that we have what we have been routing for? A conference is a conference, we get to know the minds of the different groups and then take things from there. Are you so allergic to positive thinking?
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by ilebaami: 1:05am On Oct 07, 2013
Ijebulogic: A Visionary leader must be able to sift through all the "noise" that comes with Governance and focus on the critical issues that ensure security and social welfare for his citizens. He must then attach priorities to those issues and not allow himself to be distracted by Political games. This should be our Presidents Priority list:
1. Citizen Security & Safety: Eradicate Terrorism, Kidnapping and correct the disastrous road network and airspace.
2. Power
3. Increased Intervention in Non-Oil sectors
3.Tertiary Education (ASUU etc) & Healthcare
4. Unemployment (OBJ's already warned that an ever increasing youth population combined with unemployment is a recipe for disaster)
5. Radical changes to create an enabling environment for FDI (tax breaks, fiscal incentives, less bureaucracy in civil service, customs transformation etc.)

If there is so much as a 25% improvement in the above by 2015, GEJ would be a Hero in my mind. But instead we are forced to hear pronouncements that add absolutely no value to the lives of the common man. What exactly (in simple English please) will a NC achieve? The whole process will be chaotic, ill-timed and pointless. The Tower of Babel comes to mind. Mr. President, the people whispering in your ear in Abuja don't understand the needs of the people.

Your thoughts are well organised to paper, the only problem being that they are shallow.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by ilebaami: 1:05am On Oct 07, 2013
Ijebulogic: A Visionary leader must be able to sift through all the "noise" that comes with Governance and focus on the critical issues that ensure security and social welfare for his citizens. He must then attach priorities to those issues and not allow himself to be distracted by Political games. This should be our Presidents Priority list:
1. Citizen Security & Safety: Eradicate Terrorism, Kidnapping and correct the disastrous road network and airspace.
2. Power
4. Unemployment (OBJ's already warned that an ever increasing youth population combined with unemployment is a recipe for disaster)
5. Radical changes to create an enabling environment for FDI (tax breaks, fiscal incentives, less bureaucracy in civil service, customs transformation etc.)

If there is so much as a 25% improvement in the above by 2015, GEJ would be a Hero in my mind. But instead we are forced to hear pronouncements that add absolutely no value to the lives of the common man. What exactly (in simple English please) will a NC achieve? The whole process will be chaotic, ill-timed and pointless. The Tower of Babel comes to mind. Mr. President, the people whispering in your ear in Abuja don't understand the needs of the people.

Your thoughts are well organised to paper, the only problem being that they are shallow.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by ilebaami: 1:06am On Oct 07, 2013
2. Power

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Billygee2u: 1:48am On Oct 07, 2013
I have nothing to say ,but ,TIFNUBU should shut up his useless mouth. He is the highest looter in Nigeria. The worst AGBERO,(TOUT MAN,GANGSTER) in Nigeria. U can ask OKada/Danfo drivers in lagos.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by whitecat007: 2:50am On Oct 07, 2013
Thanks for sharing, we all now know that you are the crack house boy
tomakint: This is what you get when weed is too much, imagine a drug addict trying to whip up sentiments against a noble cause that will take us out of the wilderness of nothingness we all as a people have been trudging on for ages! I know the National Conference has come to stay and not even 1million Tinubus can stop it this I know for real!
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by whitecat007: 3:06am On Oct 07, 2013
Talk about what? SNC or nothing. What the eff is PNC for? To share money? I dare Jonathan to call for the real thing (SNC) and not the usual dog and pony show
Dive-Bomber:
Tinubu is a hypocrite! Yorubas hav been shouting nd calling 4 SNC since d days of NADECO, dey shld seize dis chance whether GEJ's motives are ryt or nt. WE HAV TO TALK NOW!
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by comrChris(m): 3:10am On Oct 07, 2013
[quote
author=koladebrainiac]those who are against Tinubu opinion are not
smart. ni wonder their region will never develop .backward peps blinded
by sentiment. [/quote]## is ur own region developed?u fools will not seize to amaze me,most of us r travellers onlike u who seat on ur mud house n judge others
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by whitecat007: 3:23am On Oct 07, 2013
What you guys still don't get is that Yoruba do not see through your eyes and you can't have it both ways. Tell your dadandindin president if he has the liver to call for the real deal
lygn19: Yoruba's as usual,they hv gone to take heed with there slave masters...don't be surprised if dz Afenifere group of d yorubas,vote against true federalism and resource control in the last minute,its there nature...
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by whitecat007: 3:32am On Oct 07, 2013
Leave the i.dio.te whose heads are permanently stucked in their as.s es. They think everyone here is walking akpu
emiye: there is a whole lot of difference between Sovereign National Conference and National Conference.

What Jonathan is proposing for is a National Conference, which when conducted the report can easily be made to gather dust.

What Tinubu is advocating for is a Sovereign National Conference
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by whitecat007: 3:40am On Oct 07, 2013
Tinubu cannot support what Jonathan has not called out. Wait, why do you think Tinubu is in opposition? To help him? Well! What do I expect from dullards who expected their enemies to cater for them during war
nku5:

This is too funny. Sebi GEJ toned down the idea from sovereign national conference to just national conference because of the controversy and objection from the northern elements. I would advise tinubu lends his voice in support of the sovereign national conference since he has been in support of it all along
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by comrChris(m): 4:00am On Oct 07, 2013
y r am l worried self when l know thiefnibus yes or no to anything Gej says wouldnt change a damn after all loudmouthed likewise hatred is in their DNA.what matters is what GEJ as nigerias president says not what thiefnibu says
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by whitecat007: 4:08am On Oct 07, 2013
It's you that need your brain checked co Tinubu has not changed his position here. Did Tinubu call for SNC? Yes! Is Jonathan calling for the same? No!
sheniqua:

Bingo!!!
Thanks for this unearthing

You see how Stoopid the man is?
Always unstable
Wavering
Blown and tossed about like polythene bag on Aba - PH express road
Cannot be trusted
Speaks from all corners of his rotten mouth
Typical!!
Gosh!
It is right when he says it and wrong when Jonathan says it
I bet you he doesn't even remember he advocated such a thing at some point
Tells you he doesn't mean anything he says
He just says them because they are different from GEJ is saying at that point in time
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by koruji(m): 4:32am On Oct 07, 2013
Please tell us how many committees GEJ has set up on serious Nigerian issues.
After you have performed that "onerous" job then come back and tell us what he has done with the outcome of any of them.

The simply moves for selfish purposes, and his bootlickers are not helping matters.
I am sorry for those joining his kangaroo committee because they are putting their reputation on the line to serve selfish interests.

tomakint: This is what you get when weed is too much, imagine a drug addict trying to whip up sentiments against a noble cause that will take us out of the wilderness of nothingness we all as a people have been trudging on for ages! I know the National Conference has come to stay and not even 1million Tinubus can stop it this I know for real!
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by nagoma(m): 6:02am On Oct 07, 2013
ilebaami:

k

Can you share yours please?
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by joeyfire(m): 6:41am On Oct 07, 2013
whitecat007: Tinubu cannot support what Jonathan has not called out. Wait, why do you think Tinubu is in opposition? To help him? Well! What do I expect from dullards who expected their enemies to cater for them during war

For your info GEJ did announce his intention to convene a Sovereign National Conference but northern leaders as well as their footsoldiers in the senate and the house of reps screamed blue murder against it being a sovereign conference. Tinubu has been talking about an SNC for years I'm surprised he has changed mouth.

Or are you saying playing opposition politics in naija is more important than the aspirations of the yoruba race that has been asking for a chance to hold this dialogue?
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by true2god: 6:57am On Oct 07, 2013
Sec5: Are you sure he is fully recovered?
I mean mentally
No, i am not sure that Tinubu has fully recovered.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Demdem(m): 7:07am On Oct 07, 2013
theoctopus:

Get your big head off Tinubu's ..$%$$^%! You are smelling badly! grin grin grin

Goon, the issue at stake is far more beyond Tinubu. Stop trivializing it.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 07, 2013
luvinhubby:
1, My village of nativity has 18hrs of power supply courtesy of GEJ`s 50kva sub-station there and power reforms in Nigeria.
2, A functional rice mill is fully operational in the same village of my nativity, employing tens of youths, courtesy of GEJ`s agriculture reforms.

Do you want more? wink
Why dont you live in your village?
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 07, 2013
You need to step outside your hamlet a little bit more.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by lincolnj88: 7:39am On Oct 07, 2013
dis guy na mumu
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by anonimi: 7:46am On Oct 07, 2013
It is good to realise that more Nigerians are realising Tinubu for what he really is- a DEMAGOGUE who knows how to make (what may appear to the gullible folks as the right) NOISE every time without any concrete, meaningful action for the benefit of his fellow citizens.
That way he can ensure his fellow compatriots remain blind mumus that he can selfishly ride over with the diversion his noise creates that makes debating & addressing real issues of development difficult.
The Asiwaju of Area Boys definitely knows how to whip up the sentiments of his sheepish followers.

Meanwhile GEJ despite not being a man with fine oratory talent for noise making is slowly and steadily addressing the socio-economic development issues that have plagued and bogged down Nigeria for the past five decades not minding the deliberate politico-religious TERRORIST distraction of the born-to-rule cattle breeders and their few southern bu'm suckers.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by 9iceboi(m): 7:47am On Oct 07, 2013
Instead of nigerians to stone this man for leaving lagos state hospital in a deplictable nd sorrY state which made him 2 go abroad 4 common knee sugrey we re cheerIng him. Smh 4 d future of this nation

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Kingspin(m): 7:50am On Oct 07, 2013
Who cares from a half being. Whether good or bad we must discuss.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by waternogetenemy: 7:54am On Oct 07, 2013
National conference must happen whether deceptive or diversionary.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Ayed44: 7:58am On Oct 07, 2013
gr8femfred: u are a gud evidence of wut nigeria educational system is.did Tinubu said we don't want NC no.all he was saying was d timing of d conference pls go back 2 skul.
If d timing is not gud, pls kindly tell us when you think is d right time 4 nigeria to convoke an nation conference.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by legalcode(m): 8:28am On Oct 07, 2013
bloggernaija: The Jagbadan is back.
First cruise missile don hit target .
Let me breakdown the statement.

Jagbadan is not saying he does not want SNC.He want it sharp sharp.
In fact, he is daring GEJ to hold one tomorrow at the same time staking the political centre of being the chief nemesis of PDP and the oligarchy.
Because in opposition politics ,the ruling party is always wrong and the opposition party can do better.
That is the beauty of democracy that is alien to Nigerians .
Jagaban is saying to joe,
"PROVE ME WRONG" but if you think you can use tricks to deceive ,you are on a long thing.

My take on this SNC issue is that jonathan want to use it to divide the opposition and the opposition in his party on ethnic basis

you just ended up saying nothing. empty comment.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by dasparrow: 9:20am On Oct 07, 2013
@Post

I don't know why Tinubu is kicking against a planned SNC. It is high time that an SNC is held so that Nigerians and our leaders can discuss the way forward. We should not wait until 2015 or until there is a war (God forbid) to try and sort things out once and for all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NSA’s Family Member Being Held By Insurgents, Says Governor Shettima / Ozubulu Killing: Osinbajo's Delegate Led By Ngige Visit Catholic Church In Nnewi / Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.