Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary (19112 Views)

Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana / Jonathan's National Conference Is Due To His Second Term Fear-he May Break Nigr. / Fraudulent Amalgamation Of 1914: Sovereign National Conference Is The Way To Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by ocelot2006(m): 8:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mafia Man:

Tinubu is questioning the timing of the conference and he has all the rights to do so as a citizen of this country. If Jonathan once made a public statement about rejecting the offer of convening this conference, then why all of a sudden this u-turn? was it because the northern guys are frying his assss through the New PDP? or because the northerners are demanding for PDP tickets?

As matter of fact, I will prefer division of this cesspit call Nigeria. Whichever way, I hope God can make this year the last year a name known as Nigeria will ever exist.

prepare to be dissapointed 'cos God will not listen to that prayer of yours calling Nigeria's division. The Federal Republic is here to stay.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Manlado: 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2013
tomakint: This is what you get when weed is too much, imagine a drug addict trying to whip up sentiments against a noble cause that will take us out of the wilderness of nothingness we all as a people have been trudging on for ages! I know the National Conference has come to stay and not even 1million Tinubus can stop it this I know for real!

Tomatoes' kin,
You either didn't read before you posted or you didn't think while you posted.

Even where you disagree, give your reasons.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
Leemak: Though both of Jonathan and Tinubu are gullible politicians but that proposed National Conference by that Big Fisherman from Otuoke with another Committee is a blatant waste of time and resources just like other past Committees.
do urself a favor,man, look 4 d nearest transformer to hug...ur types aint significant no more..
Meanwhile i trust Asiwaju to joyfull over Gejs proposal in d depths of his heart....afterall he was a crusader b4 n went on exile,escaping frm da same ppl who will never support(not as if it matters) da SNC....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Timcy01(m): 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
But wait. Tinibu just came back from united kingdon where he had a knee surgery. Does that mean for his 8 years as governor he could not build a standard hospital in lagos yet he is blamimg the ruling party. Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by intrepid: 8:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
russellino: The SNC is more important than any friggin 2015 elections. If and only if it is taken seriously and the recommendations are put to a referendum for finality. Let's decide what we want. Enough blurred lines

Exactly my man.Nigeria and our future is more important than any gaddem election that has never gotten us anything good.What has happened to ll the elections since 1999?

i think its wise to have a conference,get things in order and then we can sit down and have a credible election for once.And maybe have a new Nation where ppl can be proud to call their own.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by MacLovington(m): 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
Timcy01: But wait. Tinibu just came back from united kingdon where he had a knee surgery. Does that mean for his 8 years as governor he could not build a standard hospital in lagos yet he is blamimg the ruling party. Hmmm

Abi o. And he get mouth to criticise another person. If na Fashola self dey talk I fit say make i listen small.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Osama10(m): 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
Timcy01: But wait. Tinibu just came back from united kingdon where he had a knee surgery. Does that mean for his 8 years as governor he could not build a standard hospital in lagos yet he is blamimg the ruling party. Hmmm

Its a pity oh my brother.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by clint77ng: 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mafia Man:

Tinubu is questioning the timing of the conference and he has all the rights to do so as a citizen of this country. If Jonathan once made a public statement about rejecting the offer of convening this conference, then why all of a sudden this u-turn? was it because the northern guys are frying his assss through the New PDP? or because the northerners are demanding for PDP tickets?

As matter of fact, I will prefer division of this cesspit call Nigeria. Whichever way, I hope God can make this year the last year a name known as Nigeria will ever exist.
U and ur Jagaban are confused. GEJ is not in support of SNC but NC.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by obinoral(m): 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
If the so called commitee ask GEJ not to contest in 2015 will he heed? If the commitee ask for more states to be created will the national assembly agreed. Finally how will a common man or how will me and my fellow nairaland have a voice or have say in this so called national conference...... May God help us...... Am still waiting for the day and time ASUU will called of their strike. Shalom
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by obinoral(m): 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
clint77ng: U and ur Jagaban are confused. GEJ is not in support of SNC but NC.
differentiate between SNC and NC?
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by obinoral(m): 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
[quote author=Osama10]

Its a pity oh my brother.[/quot] pity yourself
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by dbride: 8:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nigerians are always in a hurry to fail, fail and fail again. Boko Haram are killing and have refused to dialogue because they believe they are fighting Allah's course which condemns the constitution, democracy and having to be led by unbelievers. Some repentant boko boys have confessed to the fact that IBB, Buhari, some notable northern governors, etc. are their sponsors. I have read opinions of educated Muslims regarding Nigeria on the internet in Arabic and hausa, nothing different from what boko haram are clamouring. Should we even consider elections more important than a National Conference now? Something is wrong with us as Nigerians, we always put the cart before the horse. Is it not wisdom to know who wants democracy, who does not want to be led by unbelievers, settle how we want to move forward with these differences before spending on elections?

Politicians are only interested in elections, sharing power and stealing.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by frankyychiji(f): 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
payless:

Below are Jonathan's words; not mine.

An Editorial page of Premium Times, Feb. 19, 2013 has it that, “Jonathan personally promised not to run in 2015, a denial today that is bareface lie.” The page continued: At a press conference in Abuja in late 2010, a day ahead of President Goodluck Jonathan’s formal declaration to run in the 2011 presidential election, Mr. Dalhatu Tafida, then Director General of the Jonathan/Sambo campaign organisation, said the president won’t seek another term in 2015. The president, he said, would be available for only a single term if elected.” “I’ll not contest in 2015-Jonathan (2011),” see Daily Independent, Sept 9, 2013. “Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years” (Nigerian Vanguard, Feb. 1, 2011). The New PDP is also pointing to a 2011 statement credited to Jonathan in Ankara, Turkey, which states that “President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, said he has no ambition to stay in office beyond 2015, assuring Nigerians in Diaspora that while he will not contest the 2015 election, he will ensure that this year’s election is free and fair.”

And i ask u, has he now said he is going to run? If moro he changes his mind to run and declares for 2015 its his right! Evil thrives when good men do nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by danot1030: 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
full of sense, let gej respond 2 some of d grave issues raised by tinubu, one of such is wot is d need 4 another comittee wen d past comittees reports ar not treatd, will dis nt be another comittee in futility?
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by girlsmoney: 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
I hv a dream dat one day dis nation would b split, can I hear u say I hv a dream grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Ijebulogic(m): 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
Billyonaire: Tinubu is not educated enough to understand the need for SNC, he has just recovered from a knee surgery, which I am grateful to the gods for. His opinions on politics, doesnt really matter. He is just a normal citizen like you and I.

1. Please what level of education is required to be Global Treasurer of Exxon Mobil at a time when most Nairalanders where in pampers? Please if Tinubu is not educated, then I want to be an "illiterate" like him.

2. Only time will tell if BAT is a normal citizen or the most significant political strategist that our generation will encounter. All will unfold in 2015 sir.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by danot1030: 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
full of senses, let gej respond 2 some of d grave issues raised by tinubu, one of such is wot is d need 4 another comittee wen d past comittees reports ar not treatd, will dis nt be another comittee in futility?
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Aderupoko2: 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
SNC my foot! What happened to the last one we had? This adventure is all about wasting scare resources. These politicians know that Nigeians love entertainment.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by TGlobe: 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
tinubu father is not yoruba, that why he stole all lagos money, more than $10 billion have been stolen from lagos

tinubu oppose conference

tinubu real name ahmed mogaji

in 1999 tinubu refuse to back olu falae a yoruba
in 2003 tinubu refuse to back a yoruba , fawehinmi
in 2007 tinubu refuse to back a yoruba
in 2011 tinubu refuse to back a yoruba

why do you think tinubu change his name?

tinubu has no state of origin in yorubaland.
tinubu is not from ogun state , he change his surname
tinubu is not from lagos
tinubu is not from oyo state
tinubu is not from ekiti
tinubu is not from edo
tinubu is not from kogi
tinubu is not from osun state.
tinubu is not from ondo

tinubu is not from any yoruba state.

tinubu surname is ahmed mogaji

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1154431_students_onthe_floor_jpg64de57d8b91f4dfd82737de0b9c2da9d

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img33/828/e6h.bmp[/img]

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by azzutee(m): 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tinubu has every right to say his opinion. Everyone can not be clueless like uncle Joe who allows his fat wife to be dictating for him. We cant continue like dis. Things arent moving.
Accidents in road, air, rail & even water transports.
ASUU, Asup, nasu, ssanu strikes.
insecurity everywhere.
Corruption in every sectors.
Unemployment keeps soaring up.
Perenial erosions.
Oil bunkering.
Fuel increase.
Lack of physical and capital development.
If GEJ cant fix all this problems, out of the remaining 150million people, we will find an able one in 2015.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Built2last: 8:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
I blame the doctor that discharged Tinubu without full recovery.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Osama10(m): 8:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by sheniqua: 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
tomakint: This is what you get when weed is too much, imagine a drug addict trying to whip up sentiments against a noble cause that will take us out of the wilderness of nothingness we all as a people have been trudging on for ages! I know the National Conference has come to stay and not even 1million Tinubus can stop it this I know for real!

Thank you!
The man is a disgrace to commonsense
He is the same person that opposed a state of emergency in the Boko haram states
He has no agenda
His only plan is to oppose Jonathan no matter how stupid it may sound while doing so
I want him to keep at it and dig a grave for himself and his compatriots like the Republicans are currently doing while opposing anything Obama.
Eediots

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by lekan208(m): 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
No matter how good a decision or policy is, it will not be successful if it is founded on deceit, ulterior motive and insincerity so I still respect tinubu's points against GEJ's proposal. Why now? Why the inconsistencies ? Why the contradictions? Nigerians live sentiment alone let us reason carefully and embraced the truth, it will all amount to waste of resources and time like the one held during Obasanjo period.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by sheniqua: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
theoctopus: [size=14pt]Tinubu calls for Sovereign National Conference[/size]

25/11/2011 00:30:00

Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) National Leader Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has said only a Sovereign National Conference (SNC) would save the weakening pillars of Nigeria as a federal entity.

He spoke at the first Anthony Enahoro Memorial Lecture at the Benin Club, Benin City, Edo State, yesterday.

Represented by Ekiti State Deputy Governor Mrs Funmi Olayinka, Tinubu said: “I submit to you today that because of the multiple issues surrounding our skewed federalism and constitutional flaws, the Nigerian nation is weak.

“Unless we move to strengthen it through dialogue and equity, we will remain a nation in mere words.”

The ACN leader said fixing the national pillar would entail a robust people-driven debate, insisting that any artificial tinkering of the present constitution would fall short.

He said: “The 21-member Presidential Committee on the Review of Outstanding Constitutional Issues (PCROCI) recently set up by President Goodluck Jonathan falls short.

“It is a backdoor approach to the issue of national conference. In memory of Chief Enahoro we must convoke a national conference. It would provide a platform to address our pressing concerns.”

He said it was ironic that Nigeria once a product of dialogue at independence now has leaders who avoid robust dialogue state policy. But he stated that free and unfettered dialogue holds the key to Nigeria’s rebirth.

“The people ought to be consulted on the issue of subsidy. We ought to have a referendum on the question, not only of oil subsidy but also on sovereign wealth fund as well as the proposed one-term of seven years proposed by President Goodluck Jonathan,” he said.

Tinubu said federalism as a development paradigm for a multi-national country was no mere labelling, adding that it assures both economic and political fairness.

“Our economic system is supposed to be open and fair. But it is even more slanted and biased than the political system,” he told the audience. “We do not operate a free and fair merit-based economy. We operate a feudal economy, where those in power decide by the whim of the moment who becomes rich and who stays poor.”

He regretted, however, that the military’s over-centralisation had arrested growth and stunted development.

“This has not only stalled development, it has affected recurrent and capital expenditure.

“This fuels corruption at the centre and makes the system a mockery of development.

“It gives a winner-takes-all quality to the presidential election. This is wrong. That is why progressives have been calling for fiscal federalism,” Tinubu said

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/27491-tinubu-calls-for-sovereign-national-conference.html

[size=14pt]Tinubu Advocates Sovereign National Conference[/size]

Date: 24 November 2011

Nothing short of a sovereign national conference (SNC) will save the weakening pillars of Nigeria as a federal entity, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former governor of Lagos and national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), has said.

Speaking at the 1st Anthony Enahoro Memorial Lecture at the Benin Club, Benin City, Edo State, Asiwaju Tinubu, represented by Mrs Funmi Olayinka, deputy governor of Ekiti State, he declared: “Ladies and gentlemen, I submit to you today that because of the multiple issues surrounding our skewed federalism and constitutional flaws, the state of the Nigerian nation is weak. Unless we move to strengthen it through dialogue and equity,” he warned, “we will remain a nation in mere words.”

The former Lagos governor added that fixing the Nigerian national pillar would entail a robust people-driven debate, insisting that any artificial tinkering of the present constitution would fall short.

“The 21-member Presidential Committee on the Review of Outstanding Constitutional Issues (PCROCI) recently set up by President Goodluck Jonathan falls short,” he told the cheering audience. “It is a backdoor approach to the issue of national conference. In memory of Chief Enahoro,” he added, “we must convoke a national conference. It should provide a platform to address our pressing concerns.”

He said it was ironic that Nigeria that was a product of dialogue at independence has leaders that now seem to make the avoidance of robust dialogue state policy. But he stated that free and unfettered dialogue held the key to Nigeria’s rebirth.

“The people ought to be consulted on the issue of subsidy. We ought to have a referendum on the question, not only of oil subsidy but also on sovereign wealth fund as well as the proposed one-term of seven years proposed by President Goodluck Jonathan,” he said.

Returning to what he called addressing “our pressing concerns”, Asiwaju Tinubu said the foremost of those was the federal question, which he explains should be the restructuring of the country along true and vibrant federal lines.

He added that unlike the misconceptions in most quarters, restructuring was more of an economic than a political question, since it stresses the funnelling of resources to where they can best develop the country and deliver prosperity.

Asiwaju Tinubu said federalism as a development paradigm for a multi-national country was no mere labelling, adding that it assures both economic and political fairness.

“Our economic system is supposed to be open and fair. But it is even more slanted and biased than the political system,” he told the audience. “We do not operate a free and fair merit-based economy. We operate a feudal economy, where those in power decide by the whim of the moment who becomes rich and who stays poor.”

Going back memory lane, he recalled how Chief Obafemi Awolowo, as early as 1947, had recommended the federal formula for an independent and prosperous Nigeria. He said though competitive federalism worked in the first six years of independence, he blamed the military for rolling back that developmental formula which, he added, they had replaced with a sterile unitary system, after their command mentality.

He regretted, however, that the military over-centralisation had arrested growth and stunted development.

“This has not only stalled development, it has affected recurrent and capital expenditure. This fuels corruption at the centre and makes the system a mockery of development,” he explained. “It gives a winner-takes-all quality to the presidential election. This is wrong. That is why progressives have been calling for fiscal federalism.”

Asiwaju Tinubu said a Nigeria restructured along federal lines would avoid the pitfall of hitherto solid nations like Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia and former USSR who later broke up because of intra-national dissonance and tension.

The ACN national leader urged a re-think of the presidential system, aligning with the late Enahoro’s view that the parliamentary system of government should be reconsidered.

http://bolatinubu.org/?p=128

[size=14pt]
This man never well finish! [/size] grin

Bingo!!!
Thanks for this unearthing

You see how Stoopid the man is?
Always unstable
Wavering
Blown and tossed about like polythene bag on Aba - PH express road
Cannot be trusted
Speaks from all corners of his rotten mouth
Typical!!
Gosh!
It is right when he says it and wrong when Jonathan says it
I bet you he doesn't even remember he advocated such a thing at some point
Tells you he doesn't mean anything he says
He just says them because they are different from GEJ is saying at that point in time

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by obinoral(m): 8:33pm On Oct 06, 2013
TGlobe: tinubu father is not yoruba, that why he stole all lagos money, more than $10 billion have been stolen from lagos

tinubu oppose conference

in 1999 tinubu refuse to back olu falae a yoruba
in 2003 tinubu refuse to back a yoruba , fawehinmi
in 2007 tinubu refuse to back a yoruba
in 2011 tinubu refuse to back a yoruba

why do you think tinubu change his name?

tinubu has no state of origin in yorubaland.
tinubu is not from ogun state , he change his surname
tinubu is not from lagos
tinubu is not from oyo state
tinubu is not from ekiti
tinubu is not from edo
tinubu is not from kogi
tinubu is not from osun state.
tinubu is not from ondo

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1154431_students_onthe_floor_jpg64de57d8b91f4dfd82737de0b9c2da9d

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img33/828/e6h.bmp[/img]

What is your name and where are you from?
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
ocelot2006:

prepare to be dissapointed 'cos God will not listen to that prayer of yours calling Nigeria's division. The Federal Republic is here to stay.
Right,n thats only possible when we done havin da unrestricted,no no-go area SNC n ironed out issues bothering evry regions,issues as regards da faults in n on da foundation of one suzzie Ms Flora Shaw cum Mrs Flora Shaw Lugard's (mis)conception n (mis)contraption thats due for abortion known as nagieri..n anythin short of that,then its instant curtains to this goddamm poker geographical entity n expression. I bloody cant be a negirnai n my arsse aint safe in certain bloody regions n states n thats bulllshhitt!...u n ur likes sure need 2 get tha cccllllear.....
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by patriotic007: 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
tinubu shud pls shot up and let complete men talk
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Ijebulogic(m): 8:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
TGlobe: tinubu father is not yoruba, that why he stole all lagos money, more than $10 billion have been stolen from lagos

tinubu oppose conference

Does Anyone Care where he's from? When I get on a plane, do I care if the pilot is from Zamfara or Lagos? As long as he gets me to my destination safely.

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Zionope: 8:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
atlwireles: Any attempt by Tinubu to talk down the SNC/NC will only isolate him in Yorubaland. There's no two ways about this fact. 2015 elections is not an issue. What Nigeria, we are trying to have elections in, is the issue.

What do u mean?
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by fkaz(m): 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
intrepid:

Exactly my man.Nigeria and our future is more important than any gaddem election that has never gotten us anything good.What has happened to ll the elections since 1999?

i think its wise to have a conference,get things in order and then we can sit down and have a credible election for once.And maybe have a new Nation where ppl can be proud to call their own.

My broda, this not the issue of not having faith. But noting good will come out of the conference. This is not the first time national conference will be setup in this country, Abacha and obasanjo as done same but notting to come out it. Tinubu is right, a lot of commite has being set up under GEJ administration and most of it has not been implemented. This is another waste of fund and time.
BTW after the end of the conference their recommendation will be sent to NATIONAL ASSEMBLY for ratification and to make it a law under nigeria constitution.

FACT

Northern dominate national Assembly, if the out co$me does not favour the not they will kill the report, why wasting our time?
Secession is the only way out and it will require BLOOD for nigeria to divide. If jona gat the ball let him called for SNC instead of National Conference, He just won't to use this conference to buy is way out for 2015 and it won't work.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Zionope: 8:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
Any attempt by Tinubu to talk down the SNC/NC will only isolate him in Yorubaland. There's no two ways about this fact. 2015 elections is not an issue. What Nigeria, we are trying to have elections in, is the issue.
What do u mean?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo / Sanwo-olu Replies Jimi Agbaje's Accusations / FG Budgets N336m To Fight Hate Speech And Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.