Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,543 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary (19108 Views)

Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana / Jonathan's National Conference Is Due To His Second Term Fear-he May Break Nigr. / Fraudulent Amalgamation Of 1914: Sovereign National Conference Is The Way To Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
This Frog eyed Idio*t only speaks for himself! He doesn't represent the general opinion of the SW with regards to the planned amicable separation of the contraption called Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by mamiel: 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tinubu has the right to question the timing of SNC, and good to know he thinks it is a necessity though, plus acknowledging that it has to be thorough when it is conducted. But I believe that at the level at which we are divided right now, any president sitting at the helm this moment won't be out of place in proposing it NOW. The obvious fact now is that the possibility of an elections are threatened by bitterness and anger of almost all stakeholders, and one begins to imagine the possibility of individual groups stockpiling weapons in secret. I mean, if I was blindfolded at the inception of a business partnership for as long as a hundred years and suddenly my sight was restored to discover that I have been cheated all along in the business, of course I wouldn't want to carry on with the business until issues are made straight. Asking that the election comes first is like saying lets do one more deal before we reset the partnership agreement. Boko Haram suddenly came up recently and said all of 'NIGERIA' must be islamize. Well Lugard, Clifford and co did not mention that in 1914. Plus,the entire structure is so messed up NOW more than ever. If it falls apart will there a Nigeria to conduct an election in 2015? Talking about 15 months being too short, I don't think we will be starting from ground zero, I think it's aimed at fixing the structure.
Left to me alone, I believe every stakeholder has what it takes to make a great nation and should all go their separate ways if it comes to the worst. However there are also advantages to remaining one -combine military might and general economic synergy, bla bla bla. But this can only be possible if the centre is made unattractive and just a ceremonial figurehead. I believe we should have sovereign regional governments and only stand together for international purposes. There are just too many things to talk about a this time of the nations history and this is so not the time to play politics.
Tinubu spoke his mind and I respect him for that, and I too have a mind of my own. You too my country man, you have a mind of your own. If you are an educated man or woman, this is the time to stand for the uneducated and gullible in your community and clan. We cannot afford to be sympatizers of politicians at such crucial times because these people are trickish and selfish, just like the colonial masters. They started making a mess of us right from Oct 1, 1960. Kaduna Nzogwu was not a fool, it was the way the politicians were running the system that gave them the impetus to do what they did. Please do not replace your mind with that of anyone else; use yours, think independently for yourself and let your decision be fully your own, not Jonathan's, not Tinubu's

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by papat26(m): 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
let u pple leave jonathan alone wicked pple

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by ketoprofen(m): 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
bloggernaija: The Jagbadan is back.
First cruise missile don hit target .
Let me breakdown the statement.

Jagbadan is not saying he does not want SNC.He want it sharp sharp.
In fact, he is daring GEJ to hold one tomorrow at the same time staking the political centre of being the chief nemesis of PDP and the oligarchy.
Because in opposition politics ,the ruling party is always wrong and the opposition party can do better.
That is the beauty of democracy that is alien to Nigerians .
Jagaban is saying to joe,
"PROVE ME WRONG" but if you think you can use tricks to deceive ,you are on a long thing.

My take on this SNC issue is that jonathan want to use it to divide the opposition and the opposition in his party on ethnic basis

nonsense
u think politics should be involved in everything ,.
thank God you told us the kind of person tinubi is.
that's anoda minus on his part
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by ritux: 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
payless: Below are Jonathan's words; not mine.

An Editorial page of Premium Times, Feb. 19, 2013 has it that, “Jonathan personally promised not to run in 2015, a denial today that is bareface lie.” The page continued: At a press conference in Abuja in late 2010, a day ahead of President Goodluck Jonathan’s formal declaration to run in the 2011 presidential election, Mr. Dalhatu Tafida, then Director General of the Jonathan/Sambo campaign organisation, said the president won’t seek another term in 2015. The president, he said, would be available for only a single term if elected.” “I’ll not contest in 2015-Jonathan (2011),” see Daily Independent, Sept 9, 2013. “Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years” (Nigerian Vanguard, Feb. 1, 2011). The New PDP is also pointing to a 2011 statement credited to Jonathan in Ankara, Turkey, which states that “President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, said he has no ambition to stay in office beyond 2015, assuring Nigerians in Diaspora that while he will not contest the 2015 election, he will ensure that this year’s election is free and fair.”

Now talking about not keeping to words, what about other politicians that come before us with promises and mouth watering manifestos, do they keep to their promises? As far as I am concern, 80% of Nigeria politicians don't keep to their words. It is not only GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by koladebrainiac(m): 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
those who are against Tinubu opinion are not smart. ni wonder their region will never develop .backward peps blinded by sentiment.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by manmade(m): 7:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
bloggernaija: The Jagbadan is back.
First cruise missile don hit target .
Let me breakdown the statement.

Jagbadan is not saying he does not want SNC.He want it sharp sharp.
In fact, he is daring GEJ to hold one tomorrow at the same time staking the political centre of being the chief nemesis of PDP and the oligarchy.
Because in opposition politics ,the ruling party is always wrong and the opposition party can do better.
That is the beauty of democracy that is alien to Nigerians .
Jagaban is saying to joe,
"PROVE ME WRONG" but if you think you can use tricks to deceive ,you are on a long thing.

My take on this SNC issue is that jonathan want to use it to divide the opposition and the opposition in his party on ethnic basis
Yea , the above is what you wished Tinubu would have said but unfortunately for you on one side and for him on the other side he failed to say so , take this bro; no amount of permutations can turn a cat to a lion .

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by agbameta: 7:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
The way I see it, either GEJ as usual don't know what he's doing or he's doing exactly what Tinubu referenced.

SNC is a serious issue and now is obviously not the time for it. The country is on election footing so trying to stage SNC and heated election at the same time sounds not only foolish and counterproductive, its a very lousy idea designed to do more harm and little good.

If its going to be SNC, just cancel the election and let us all focus on SNC instead of staging 2 majorly contested issues at the same time. Politics and SNC can not mix together.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by dbride: 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2013
Politicians are really so self centred, they champion a course only when it favours them and condemn it when it does not favour them anymore forgetting that the majority of Nigerians have been praying for it. Tinubu, in the NADECO days, was all about National Conference and now that boko haram are campaigning and killing to rule Nigeria using Islamic tenets of no democracy, no constitution, no government of unbelievers (keferis), he fights what he so believed in.

I don't know what Asiwaju wants but Nigerians are tired of the status quo and want a national conference badly. Opposition does not mean condemning even the right moves made by the ruling party. Who knows, maybe Tinubu and APC need this one wrong move to help Nigerians decide which way to go.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by FLYFIRE(m): 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
payless:

List just two tangible things Jonathan has done to touch the lives of the common man.
@payless, did GEJ cause your failed auto business? Why have you become so hateful that you can not see even what a blind man can smell...fresh air. By the way, why dont you look for something new to occupy your time than to continue to expose your idiocity.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Andyforte: 7:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Really don't like anything about Tinubu and his party. Horrible set of individuals. Noisy, over political and always contrary.

Anyway, I am for this conference n I think it's a selfless n right thing to do before the elections. Let the elections be postponed indefinitely if they like. Because no matter the outcome of that election, idiots will rip this country apart.

Don't mind ripping this country apart but I just want to see any body's blood.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by remzytimer: 7:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nawa for Nigerian opposition parties ooo, their own is just to oppose everything from d ruling party, they pretend to be fighting for d masses whereas they are fitting for their pocket....men i don wise up tay tay.... Of cause SNC is the only way out!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by tayokem(m): 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
GEJ said it all

A politician thinks about tђε̲̣̣̣̥ next election while a statesman thinks about τ̣̣ђё next generation. Tinubu is the most corrupt man in Afriica that is why he's afraid of the conference. Fashola should as a matter of urgency decamp to PDP

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by kingjoe(m): 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
payless:

List just two tangible things Jonathan has done to touch the lives of the common man.
he approved and incresad minimum wage in the country.from 5000 to 18000.he revamped our rail transport.he increased the universities by making sure every state has a federal university in nigeria.our school fees in nigeria is the cheapest in the world.he has handed over phcn to those that can manage it and reduce corruption in the sector.i will continue later

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by DonaldGenes(m): 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tinubu is Sick in the brain..............what kind of a man with such Health challenge or probably comin g back from his wherever Medical checkup he went to will just jump on the Political train.......na wao for this man oh
Tufiakwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by eluquenson(m): 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tinubu is a sick man, he's just recuperating from his surgery.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Ijebulogic(m): 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
tayokem: GEJ said it all

A politician thinks about tђε̲̣̣̣̥ next election while a statesman thinks about τ̣̣ђё next generation.

Point of Correction: This was said by an American preacher James Freeman Clarke who died in the 19th Century.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by dbride: 7:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
agbameta: The way I see it, either GEJ as usual don't know what he's doing or he's doing exactly what Tinubu referenced.

SNC is a serious issue and now is obviously not the time for it. The country is on election footing so trying to stage SNC and heated election at the same time sounds not only foolish and counterproductive, its a very lousy idea designed to do more harm and little good.

If its going to be SNC, just cancel the election and let us all focus on SNC instead of staging 2 majorly contested issues at the same time. Politics and SNC can not mix together.

You wouldn't dare tell Asiwaju Tinubu the above^^^^^^^^ during his NADECO days when he was all for SNC. He endeared himself to so many of us and I wonder why he is singing a different song now.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by frankyychiji(f): 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pls what does Tinubu want? Every noble cause by Mr President is run down by Tinubu. Tinubu rejected state of emergency against boko haram. Now he is rejecting SNC which he desired so much that it nearly got him killed during Abacha era! What does Tinubu want? Well, Tinubu is where suits him d most. OPPOSITION. And he will remain in the opposition as long as God is on the throne!!!
Tinubu is talking about timing, pray, how long does it take to have an SNC? And even if the moves were to score political points, GEJ is a politician and can play d game even better!
Tinubu should just slow down on weed abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by bufness(m): 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2013
True
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Leemak: 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2013
Though both of Jonathan and Tinubu are gullible politicians but that proposed National Conference by that Big Fisherman from Otuoke with another Committee is a blatant waste of time and resources just like other past Committees.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by gramci: 7:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
I thought he went for knee surgery, his brain needs servicing

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by dbride: 7:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
koladebrainiac: those who are against Tinubu opinion are not smart. ni wonder their region will never develop .backward peps blinded by sentiment.

What in God's name are you insinuating, that development comes as a result of postponing National Conference or when elections are held b4 NC or what?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by jking001(m): 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
People have promised to spill blood over 2015 you guys beware and if there's an alternative to avoding this bloodshed i think nigerians should embrace it in its entirety,my opinion make the center unattractive, everyone return to your base ,go home and rule over your people nigeria is too big for politics of hatred .

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by SUBMARINE: 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
Just like Awo who sold his political wisdom and yoruba nation into political slavery for a pot of controlling federal govt, is the way Tinubu if yorubas dont caution him will lead them into slavery.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mafia Man: Whichever way, I hope God can make this year the last year a name known as Nigeria will ever exist.
AMEN,AMEN,AAAAAAMMMMEN......
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by MacLovington(m): 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
After taking orders from Buhari, Tinubu is suddenly talking from both sides of his mouth regarding National Conference.

I knew this APC merger would enslave ACN leadership.
FYI Tinubu, 15 months is enough to soak the country in more blood like Buhari promised, so that timeframe is all we have to avoid it.

Nothing progressive about those Abokis they have pitched their tent with.

Even after taking orders, he still ought to realise his hypocrisy.

You call for SNC for like 20 years and now we suddenly might have the closest thing ever and you talk about timing.

Oh GEJ just caught him unawares with this announcement.

Well 2015 national elections in Oodua Republic or Arewa Boko Republic would not be a bad idea, would it?

I am not a fan of GEJ but SW people tend to regard loud and boastful people as smart. A quiet and cunning person like GEJ they call a dunce.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Ijebulogic(m): 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
kingjoe: he approved and incresad minimum wage in the country.from 5000 to 18000.he revamped our rail transport.he increased the universities by making sure every state has a federal university in nigeria.our school fees in nigeria is the cheapest in the world.he has handed over phcn to those that can manage it and reduce corruption in the sector.i will continue later

Haba my brother, we are all in the same country and know the reality as follows:

1. The request was for minimum wage of N52,000. GEJ only ratified the N18k a few hours to the commencement of a nationwide strike orchestrated by the NLC. If the NLC had not threated the strike, it would not have happened. By the way, $110 USD a month is not anything to be proud of sir.

2. Rail Transport has not been revamped, otherwise i'd be taking a train to Abuja (or even next door Ibadan) from Lagos. We are all In the same country.

3. University education is about quality not quantity. We may have the lowest fees, but it also complements the fact that we have the lowest global rankings in the world. Many of our graduates cant even string a simple sentence together.

4. PHCN handover - Haba, have you forgotten OBJ/NIPP Transformation; That was not initiated by this administration and besides, it hasn't yielded dividends yet. If its true that the Power sector has been transformed then let GEJ ban all civil servants and public institutions from owning generators with immediate effect.

The day we make progress as a country is the day we start being truthful to ourselves...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Freedani(m): 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
Guy calm down. That poverty is sriking doesnt mean Jonathan has not done any tangible tin to benefit the common man. Ask your next door neighbour, he will gist u abt the fresh air going on in all sector of the economy.
payless:

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tinubu is not educated enough to understand the need for SNC, he has just recovered from a knee surgery, which I am grateful to the gods for. His opinions on politics, doesnt really matter. He is just a normal citizen like you and I.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by azzutee(m): 8:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
1stly, The timing of this is totaly wrong. 2ndly, many committees hav been set up by GEJ witout considering or taking action on their reports. Lastly, if u like hate dis, GEJ wil loose 2015 elections outrightly and there wunt b war in Nigeria. Any regions, tribes or groups that may want to cause post election violences will be severely dealt with. Go and ask them @ Odi or Zaki Biam or even @ Ekiti, they will tell u dat Nigeria is greater than SS & SE slaves.
Re: Tinubu- Planned National Conference Is Deceptive & Diversionary by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
azzutee: 1stly, The timing of this is totaly wrong. 2ndly, many committees hav been set up by GEJ witout considering or taking action on their reports. Lastly, if u like hate dis, GEJ wil loose 2015 elections outrightly and there wunt b war in Nigeria. Any regions, tribes or groups that may want to cause post election violences will be severely dealt with. Go and ask them @ Odi or Zaki Biam or even @ Ekiti, they will tell u dat Nigeria is greater than SS & SE slaves.

Learn to spell first, then make threats later. Its just an advice. I realized that illiterates have excessive ego and are usually emotional about issues.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr / Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew / Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.