Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... (49190 Views)

How Easy Is Life For Nigerians (or Non-eu) In Germany / How's Life For Nigerians In Germany / Spain: How Is Life For Nigerians Over There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 6:27am On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
Omg! this is serious ooooo... Thank God you you followed VO's thread, i really can't fathom why pple argue blindly like this! I am just only dissappointed that Mr. justwise doesn't know all this yet he is the moderator of those threads i pointed out!

No you need to be disappointed with yourself for trying to pull off such porkies. Yes i moderated those threads and did not come across any crazy case where somebody was able to change his DOB or name after winning visa lottery and the official document supported that.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by mattkelly: 6:29am On Oct 14, 2014
Daddy Justwise,why do you like to do like this naa..Am not supporting the Guy,but you should know before anybody that Data can be collated from Year book etc.I have a year book of students of Osun state university in my living roon as i write.A friend has being scooping and calling the numbers of the ladies in the book..They've got their numbers,addresses,Pin's etc there,so daddy justwise,any body can get ur info with that and use it.So Boda justwise..No dey do gra gra ohh..And by the way,we suppose dey pet u,or else una go wan dey vex nii...Our Daddy,our mummy,our Pastor,our Imam,our G.O..Even na you get Nairaland sef,Seun don sell am to you..Abi i lie nii? cool cool cool
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 6:30am On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
Don't put words in ma mouth Mr. justwise! I said after the initial entry not after you must have sent your forms to KCC..... go back and read ma post pls

jigga40:
YES! YES!! YES!!! I repeat you can make corrections in respect of name,DOB and qualification after winning a lottery.QOUTE ME ANYWHERE! But you're the moderate on travel section so you don't know all these? kinda surprising tho. Pls go through 2014 DV winners thread and save yourself the unnecessary argument please!
These agents fill forms for hundreds of people so YES mistakes are bound to happen....you wanna tell me you don't make mistakes sometimes whilst filling out a form for yourself?
Like I told you before they have people who supply them these infos and some even happen to work there full time cus this lottery agency job is just a part time biz!!!! Mr. Moderate I repeat YES they get info from those places please.

There is no point lying, you said after winning visa lottery and not after entry as you try to denial now.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 6:33am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

I don't believe that details in photo album is good enough to be used by a total stranger to apply for visa lottery.

Let assume for a moment that it contains individual's full name and age but the age format can not be in dd/mm/yyy format which is needed for visa lottery application.

Again... how will you scan picture taken from an album then re-size it and it still maintain the original qualities suitable for US visa lottery?

Daddy/Mama mattkelly this is my reply to your post ^^

mattkelly:
Daddy Justwise,why do you like to do like this naa..Am not supporting the Guy,but you should know before anybody that Data can be collated from Year book etc.I have a year book of students of Osun state university in my living roon as i write.A friend has being scooping and calling the numbers of the ladies in the book..They've got their numbers,addresses,Pin's etc there,so daddy justwise,any body can get ur info with that and use it.So Boda justwise..No dey do gra gra ohh..And by the way,we suppose dey pet u,or else una go wan dey vex nii...Our Daddy,our mummy,our Pastor,our Imam,our G.O..Even na you get Nairaland sef,Seun don sell am to you..Abi i lie nii? cool cool cool
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 6:33am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:
[b]

Its clearly stated here http://www.dv-lottery.org/application-error
You know what Mr. justwise?? I don't want us to derail this thread with what you know absolutely nothing about!

I challenge you to bring up this topic to 2014 DV thread or Visaofficer's thread then you gona realize you don't know anything about this DV thingy!

I will be so glad to embarrass your knowledge on this topic......This is so annoying i swear!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 6:36am On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
You know what Mr. justwise?? I don't want us to derail this thread with what you know absolutely nothing about!

I challenge you to bring up this topic to 2014 DV thread or Visaofficer's thread then you gona realize you don't know anything about this DV thingy!

I will be so glad to embarrass your knowledge on this topic......This is so annoying i swear!

Feel free to sell lies to people who can be easily taken away but account me out. So official visa document is wrong as well?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:
Yes but the point is you can't make changes after sending in your documents to KCC.

So you agree the corrections can be made after one must have won the visa lottery? Jigga40 is correct then! This correction could be while sending the docs to KCC.

We all can't be more informed than the the DV winners who are involved in this and the VO that handles these cases everyday and she has always reiterated that fact that these corrections can be made.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 6:40am On Oct 14, 2014
Phema:

So you agree the corrections can be made after one must have won the visa lottery? Jigga40 is correct then! This correction could be while sending the docs to KCC.

We all can't be more informed than the the DV winners who are involved in this and the VO that handles these cases everyday and she has always reiterated that fact that these corrections can be made.

I don't really think you are following Jigga40's argument or even the official visa lottery document which clearly stated that such correction can not be made. So who do you believe? Hear-say or the official document?

This is it
Correcting the errors in the E-DV application form is not allowed once it is submitted. We get emails from people asking "how can I correct the error in the submitted E-DV online application form of the DV Lottery now?". For them following is the answer. Error Correction of the names, date of birth and change of addresses in the submitted E-DV entry form can't be allowed now. Also the address you entered in the E-DV entry form too can't be changed to another one.

Before you start entering your details in the E-DV application form online, you must understand that you are in the process of applying for an Immigrant visa. Therefore all the information you are giving must be perfect and 100% true.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

There is no point lying, you said after winning visa lottery and not after entry as you try to denial now.

I think you are getting these things mixed up. At what point do you think a visa lottery is won?

What he meant was that, a correction can be made after one has been selected. That is, after you made your initial entry and you are selected for further processing.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:
I don't really think you are following Jigga40's argument or even the official visa lottery document which clearly stated that such correction can not be made. So who do you believe? Hear-say or the official document?
This is it

Ok then. Will wait for the VO to resume duty on Nairaland. Will ask her and paste her response here.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 6:44am On Oct 14, 2014
Change of DOB Seriously?? Sounds like Fraud!!

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 6:44am On Oct 14, 2014
Phema:

I think you are getting these things mixed up. At what point do you think a visa lottery is won?

What he meant was that, a correction can be made after one has been selected. That is, after you made your initial entry and you are selected for further processing.

...i'm saying to you that its stated here
Correcting the errors in the E-DV application form is not allowed once it is submitted. We get emails from people asking "how can I correct the error in the submitted E-DV online application form of the DV Lottery now?". For them following is the answer. Error Correction of the names, date of birth and change of addresses in the submitted E-DV entry form can't be allowed now. Also the address you entered in the E-DV entry form too can't be changed to another one.

Before you start entering your details in the E-DV application form online, you must understand that you are in the process of applying for an Immigrant visa. Therefore all the information you are giving must be perfect and 100% true
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

I never lied for crying out loud here! Now its just so obvious you don't know anything about this DV stuff!

I repeat once more...... you play the lottery( first stage, also called the initial entry)..

luckily you won the lottery and you discovered there are some errors on d initial entry(first stage)! ok now, @ this stage you have the chance to make those corrections on the forms you were supposed to send down to KCC which is what i av bin trying to make you understand here! corrections can be DOB,NAMES,ADDY etc etc! the only thing you cannot change on the initial entry is the passport photograph! hope you gorit now?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 6:52am On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
I never lied for crying out loud here! Now its just so obvious you don't know anything about this DV stuff!

I repeat once more...... you play the lottery( first stage, also called the initial entry)..

luckily you won the lottery and you discovered there are some errors on d initial entry(first stage)! ok now, @ this stage you have the chance to make those corrections on the forms you were supposed to send down to KCC which is what i av bin trying to make you understand here! corrections can be DOB,NAMES,ADDY etc etc! the only thing you cannot change on the initial entry is the passport photograph! hope you gorit now?

Before you start entering your details in the E-DV application form online, you must understand that you are in the process of applying for an Immigrant visa. Therefore all the information you are giving must be perfect and 100% true

http://www.dv-lottery.org/application-error

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 6:52am On Oct 14, 2014
I don't think this calls for an argument,but there is no way you can change the details on a dv lottery form already submitted to kcc . Ur dob is very crucial ,the only thing u can change is ur marital status. Once a dv form is submitted ,it is processed and stored,changing any information on an already submitted dv form automatically nullifies that form .many people have done this mistake and were refused visas .
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 6:52am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

Feel free to sell lies to people who can be easily taken away but account me out. So official visa document is wrong as well?
lie for what I am DV winner and in Chicago already... i wouldn't be saying this if i ain't 101% sure tho!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 6:54am On Oct 14, 2014
onatisi:
I don't think this calls for an argument,but there is no way you can change the details on a dv lottery form already submitted to kcc . Ur dob is very crucial ,the only thing u can change is ur marital status. Once a dv form is submitted ,it is processed and stored,changing any information on an already submitted dv form automatically nullifies that form .many people have done this mistake and were refused visas .
Mr you are so wrong! you can still adjust some infos after the initial entry!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 6:57am On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
bro,pls what you are claiming is absolutely impossible,do u realize how important a dob is?if they allow u to change ur dob they may as well allow u too change your picture. I have said it the only info u can change is educational or marital info because there is always a possibility of u either getting divorced oor married or even getting upgrading ur educational papers. But ur bio data can never be changed once submitted and proceSsed
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 6:59am On Oct 14, 2014
adconline:
It is not i tell you! I av witnessed so many friends who did same on 2014 DV thread!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 6:59am On Oct 14, 2014
adconline:

Of course for a very good reason.... an impostor will try to assume somebody's age so as to stand as a winner. One nairalander was arrested at the American embassy trying to claim visa lottery he never played, if he had succeeded you would have seen him here telling us how one agent played for him and he won

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 7:01am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

Of course for a very good reason.... an impostor will try to assume somebody's age so as to stand as a winner. One nairalander was arrested at the American embassy trying to claim visa lottery he never played, if he had succeeded you would have seen him here telling us how one agent played for him and he won
the only info u can
change is educational or marital
info because there is always a
possibility of u either getting
divorced oor married or even
getting upgrading ur educational
papers. But ur bio data can never
be changed once submitted and
proceSsed
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 7:02am On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
lie for what I am DV winner and in Chicago already... i wouldn't be saying this if i ain't 101% sure tho!

....and a stranger got your details from photo album, played for you and you won then email KCC to change your details?

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:

I think you should just lay this to rest. When VO comes, we will ask her. There seem to be nothing you can do to convince anyone. I could have also been arguing with you if I didn't follow that VO's thread bumper to bumper.

This is supposed to be an interesting thread. Let's stop derailing with the unending arguments.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2014
onatisi:
the only info u can
change is educational or marital
info because there is always a
possibility of u either getting
divorced oor married or even
getting upgrading ur educational
papers. But ur bio data can never
be changed once submitted and
proceSsed

Exactly! those changes are allowed. Not DOB and name
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 7:04am On Oct 14, 2014
onatisi:
bro,pls what you are claiming is absolutely impossible,do u realize how important a dob is?if they allow u to change ur dob they may as well allow u too change your picture.
Most times it comes from agents carelessness or mistakes...sometimes it might be a honest mistake from the same person! KCC totally understands all this so dis is y dey giv you the opportunity to make adjustments/corrections when sending the second forms to them!!!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 7:06am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

Common sense is not common on NL. How easy to change your Biodata on WAEC/JAMB/INEC?

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 7:13am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

....and a stranger got your details from photo album, played for you and you won then email KCC to change your details?
Justwise haba!!!! y na did i tell you a stranger played lottery for me? have i mentioned anything about masef since this argument started apart from telling you i am a DV winner too which gave me the opportunity to know all dis things. go back and read where i started posting from pls! i just wanted to let you know the other guy might not necessarily b lying! i told you i know many pple that went tru that same process including my cousin! pls go back and read all my post before mixing things up here! that's unfair you know?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 7:15am On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
Most times it comes from agents carelessness or mistakes...sometimes it might be a honest mistake from the same person! KCC totally understands all this so dis is y dey giv you the opportunity to make adjustments/corrections when sending the second forms to them!!!
bros ,in the states ur dob is as important as ur ssn number . Pls don't joke about it.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 7:16am On Oct 14, 2014
adconline:

Common sense is not common on NL. How easy to change your Biodata on WAEC/JAMB/INEC?
You just wana argue for nothing! pls go back and read where i started posting from page 0! pls read carefully this time!
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 7:17am On Oct 14, 2014
onatisi:
bros ,in the states ur dob is as important as ur ssn number . Pls don't joke about it.
Do you understand the argument? if no pls tell me
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 7:21am On Oct 14, 2014
jigga40:
Do you understand the argument? if no pls tell me
bros the argument is simple ,the issue of changing biodata information is not possible and most especially dob. Have a nice day
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by jigga40(m): 7:25am On Oct 14, 2014
onatisi:
bros the argument is simple ,the issue of changing biodata information is not possible and most especially dob. Have a nice day
Ok good, pls can you come on 2014 DV thread or Visaofficer's so as to get first hand info from people who have gone thru this Visaofficer works with US embassy in Nigeria you know?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos / What Will You Do if you find your international passport like this? (photo) / Inside A Private Boeing 767 Chartered By Saudi Ambassador That Costs N10.8m/hr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.