Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,708 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... (49193 Views)

How Easy Is Life For Nigerians (or Non-eu) In Germany / How's Life For Nigerians In Germany / Spain: How Is Life For Nigerians Over There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 2:14am On Oct 17, 2014
ferdimako:

Justwise, u can change anything but ur photo. Sometimes, the pix requirements won't just make sense...like an old photo on the ground can get u selected. Agents go to any lengths to play for pple because they know the good news means sth to u and in turn they get sth. Embassy frowns against them merging couple for money...paying them is not embassy's problem... and that is y at d interview day, the VO may ask u ....did u play urself? At a point, that VO acknowledged d good work agents do...many pple don't play if not for agents and he could totally be a stranger. Embassy frowns at not including existing pple like kids, adopted ones and spouses. Some pple don't even believe they will be selected ...when that happens, confusion and denials follow for married pple who entered single or married couple who don't know themselves or forged marriages...while some 'wise' ones continue unmmaried...problem comes when they wanna bring relatives over or adjust status for citizenship.

The StSteven and other cases make u not to believe... I understand that but that Chicago guy and others are right.

Us don't care much on ur DOB until u land... they know we lie and have learnt to live with it. But what benefit will a 30yr-old gain saying he is 25 on the lottery that 100yr-olds are invited to enter? Pple lie still...not knowing the need.. because it is our blood now or an agent imagined wrong info. Now they wanna put d correct ones to save them some explanations.

That woman that pmed VO was real...her pal entered for them but omitted one of her kids and that cost them d visas...if they had not bothered on including the omitted kid in their ds260 forms...visas would have been given. The omitted kid left in Nigeria.

It is crazy...honest pple pay for little mistakes when the mistakes are unpardonable... u know she said she wldn't have mistakenly or knowingly omit her kid when she included her in their b1/b2 visa application. However, VO couldn't and should entertain that...the law was stricter than nothing.

That Chicago guy has tried. Dv lottery is luck until u get into d US...pple who just realized they have adopted kids...came back and had their visa canceled. Pple with O'level that is supposed to be d minimum qualification got denied. A lot depends on how u have made ourselves to be perceived, the madness to get out which comes from bad leadership and lack of information make little things overlooked elsewhere aren't here.

I didn't win but was selected in 2012 but the result was rescinded after 13 days and we lost the class action. However, I had applied and some won..pple began seeing my keyboard as the magic one. Some pple didn't believe entry was meant to be free...they wanna pay big money to associate seriousness to the pass to the US. Had hard times making folks to play right. I will be good in Canada next year. I'm working on it. I need to feel the outside world... OMG ..I have got an early exam!
Only a fool would believe that US doesn't care about age in age eligibility competition
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 5:05am On Oct 17, 2014
adconline:

We can argue all u want, but it's also on US embassy site -2nd I posted which states that you can change name with court affidavit. The second website offers you honest " disclaimer", but information is still legit, while you still running on no information.
you are the one who is not getting the real basis of this argument. I have already stated it up to five times that name ,marital status ,education can be changed but not dob. I even gave an example to u with an illustration why it isn't. I even went further to tell you that when such mistake is made about the dob ,such people usually collect another passport which will have the new dob . When i brought out that link,it wasn't because I don't have any first hand experience about dv lottery visa application it was because I wanted to show you that the issue been discussed here isn't peculiar to nigeria alone and that there is a rule about it which is well known . We have been asking you for the past five days to at least give us an information link which states that the dob on dv lottery form can be changed ,when I searched for my own link it didn't take me more than 2 minutes to get it. I know you must have done some digging on the net as well to find links to buttress your point and you couldn't find any. All these stories about someone in brazil,or white house is not holding any water. If you want me to paste 10 different links about this issue of not been able to change dob I can get it.but you guys haven't been able to give even one link. Don't base ur arguments on the fact that someone said,someone did ,always base your argument on concrete facts. You have presented absolutely nothing to prove your case .
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by charzyh2: 8:49am On Oct 17, 2014
adconline:

We can argue all u want, but it's also on US embassy site -2nd I posted which states that you can change name with court affidavit. The second website offers you honest " disclaimer", but information is still legit, while you still running on no information.
oga, make I hear word. where you for see that link?...lmao... No matter where you meet a Nigerian man, you'll always see the trait of that Nigerianess in him. Please, sit down and learn from those who have passed through it rather than displaying unhealthy arguments. You can ask the VO on the immigration thread to clarify this issue.

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2014
charzyh2:

oga, make I hear word. where you for see that link?...lmao... No matter where you meet a Nigerian man, you'll always see the trait of that Nigerianess in him. Please, sit down and learn from those who have passed through it rather than displaying unhealthy arguments. You can ask the VO on the immigration thread to clarify this issue.
It's the Naija mentality of everything is possible that makes u to think that everything is DOABLE.. It has gone from I can't find the thread where VO tackled this to ask the VO. Show us your evidence of site supporting your argument! Don't worry I know u can't do it, because it's the Naija in u to argument facts with nothing instead of facts with facts.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
you are the one who is not getting the real basis of this argument. I have already stated it up to five times that name ,marital status ,education can be changed but not dob. I even gave an example to u with an illustration why it isn't. I even went further to tell you that when such mistake is made about the dob ,such people usually collect another passport which will have the new dob . When i brought out that link,it wasn't because I don't have any first hand experience about dv lottery visa application it was because I wanted to show you that the issue been discussed here isn't peculiar to nigeria alone and that there is a rule about it which is well known . We have been asking you for the past five days to at least give us an information link which states that the dob on dv lottery form can be changed ,when I searched for my own link it didn't take me more than 2 minutes to get it. I know you must have done some digging on the net as well to find links to buttress your point and you couldn't find any. All these stories about someone in brazil,or white house is not holding any water. If you want me to paste 10 different links about this issue of not been able to change dob I can get it.but you guys haven't been able to give even one link. Don't base ur arguments on the fact that someone said,someone did ,always base your argument on concrete facts. You have presented absolutely nothing to prove your case .
Bros we are on the same page, I think you must have mistaken me for all those saying that you can change even your DOB. On the surface of it, there is age restriction in DV lottery, why allow u to change ur DOB?
These agents keep misinforming folks that you can change ANYTHING so as to keep swindling unsuspecting and gullible public
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
adconline:

Bros we are on the same page, I think you must have mistaken me for all those saying that you can change even your DOB. On the surface of it, there is age restriction in DV lottery, why allow u to change ur DOB?
These agents keep misinforming folks that you can change ANYTHING so as to keep swindling unsuspecting and gullible public
oga mi please do kindly forgive me abeg . Those ppl just dey confuse persin . So a man that fills age 45 on his dv lottery form and won can change it to age 25 and say it was a mistake !bros once again sorry for mis quoting u

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by tobechukwuka(m): 2:24pm On Oct 17, 2014
Onatisi, Justwise and Co. Please which date and month will the start to apply for dv lottery visa?

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
tobechukwuka:
Onatisi, Justwise and Co. Please which date and month will the start to apply for dv lottery visa?

Nigeria is not eligible for visa lottery any more

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
oga mi please do kindly forgive me abeg . Those ppl just dey confuse persin . So a man that fills age 45 on his dv lottery form and won can change it to age 25 and say it was a mistake !bros once again sorry for mis quoting u
It's ridiculous how the US Embassy demands that relatives go for DNA test to establish paternity or fraternity, but doesn't require you to keep Accurate DOB.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by tobechukwuka(m): 2:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
justwise:

Nigeria is not eligible for visa lottery any more
Thanks. Plz i want to ask. I apply for dv lottery in 2010 and 2012 but i culd not be able to check my status. Plz am i still eligible to check if i won? Will i be accepted?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2014
tobechukwuka:

Thanks. Plz i want to ask. I apply for dv lottery in 2010 and 2012 but i culd not be able to check my status. Plz am i still eligible to check if i won? Will i be accepted?
Pls go to this site to check ur status.
https://www.dvlottery.state.gov
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
tobechukwuka:

adconline:

Pls go to this site to check ur status.
https://www.dvlottery.state.gov

Use that link and your confirmation number to check, if you have forgotten it you can request for another one, but i'm not sure if those numbers will still be valid anymore since that batch has been processed and closed, but you can still try and see what happens.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by bakandow11: 3:07pm On Oct 17, 2014
I have always notice one thing about nigerians, they will play smartness till they are totally derailed from the most important thing in life, thr thread was as good as it was before they started asking foolish question. let say the whole thing was a lie then if you read between lines you would have gain something that could change your life for good.
What if i tell you the story of how i get into UAE, a graduate of mechanical engineering who served in osun state, i got the job am doing right from nigeria did the interview on skype with a glo 200 30mb on techno M3 china phone. Thats not where am going, its been so difficult for me making decision regarding getting some other qualification because what i wanted was to be trained abroad then go back home and get a good job and settle down, with what i read on this thread infact it was so amazing that it gave me the chance to come up with a conclusion on what to do.
Thank you.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by charzyh2: 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
adconline:

It's the Naija mentality of everything is possible that makes u to think that everything is DOABLE.. It has gone from I can't find the thread where VO tackled this to ask the VO. Show us your evidence of site supporting your argument! Don't worry I know u can't do it, because it's the Naija in u to argument facts with nothing instead of facts with facts.
you provided NL with a link an SSCE holder designed and you're bragging yet with it? ADVICE: You don't argue on what you dont have experience full bout.
You posted a trash and kept shouting that it is an 'official link'. Even justwise supported your trash. Which kind lie be this? What a shame on the travel section. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
charzyh2:

you provided NL with a link an SSCE holder designed and you're bragging yet with it? ADVICE: You don't argue on what you dont have experience full bout.
You posted a trash and kept shouting that it is an 'official link'. Even justwise supported your trash. Which kind lie be this? What a shame on the travel section. SMH.

What trash are you talking about? What proof do you that the info in that link is false?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by charzyh2: 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
justwise:

What trash are you talking about? What proof do you that the info in that link is false?
I'm outta here
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2014
charzyh2:

I'm outta here

Why not answer that question? You called it trash because a disclaimer is published at the bottom of the website?

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
adconline:

It's ridiculous how the US Embassy demands that relatives go for DNA test to establish paternity or fraternity, but doesn't require you to keep Accurate DOB.
Yea. if u claim an agent did it..they believe u. pple claim all sorts of things from female mutilation to boko haram being after them and some get a refuge status. Go and ask America why they allow Cubans who migrate illegally to stay once their feet touch american soil.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
ferdimako:

Yea. if u claim an agent did it..they believe u. pple claim all sorts of things from female mutilation to boko haram being after them and some get a refuge status. Go and ask America why they allow Cubans who migrate illegally to stay once their feet touch american soil.

Why haven't you claim one of those and leave Nigeria since?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
adconline:

Only a fool would believe that US doesn't care about age in age eligibility competition
When u lie...they leave u...u cant do that with their record system..but can u play basketball at 45? U can enter the lottery as a minor so long as u have finished ur high school. They trust their databases and don't trust almost anything from u including ur cert and work experience but they still tolerate u. Aren't they wonderful?
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
ferdimako:

Do you know what a legal status means? It's coded in their immigration system to cover Cuba and Refugee, but age falsification is a huge ground for disqualification of your application
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
justwise:

Why haven't you claim one of those and leave Nigeria since?
I'm not interested...Am I u?

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by adconline(m): 4:17pm On Oct 17, 2014
charzyh2:

Show us one provided by ur PhD designer. You lack common sense to understand what disclaimer means..
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
adconline:

Do you know what a legal status means? It's coded in their immigration system to cover Cuba and Refugee, but age falsification is a huge ground for disqualification of your application
Sb entered a dv lottery on their behalf and there was a mistake or they made d mistake themselves..and Embassy accepted d correct info and u wanna die...go cancel their visas!

2 Likes

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by justwise(m): 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
ferdimako:

I'm not interested...Am I u?

Indeed, try something more convincing.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
charzyh2:

he posted a link like an ssce holder abi? Very good ,oya post ur own valid link like a masters degree holder let's see. Let's see how intelligent and smart you are! We are waiting.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by charzyh2: 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
adconline:

Show us one provided by ur PhD designer. You lack common sense to understand what disclaimer means..
you are stupid for that statement.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
ferdimako:

your points are totally off the mark. We are talking about date of birth change not asylum processing .
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
justwise:

Indeed, try something more convincing.
They believe u when u have a story...or at least hear u out, then make a decision. Have u seen that video of Benson who claimed 15 to benefit from being a minor to avoid deportation from the UK? He looked 29 but was placed in a home before an MRV scan cld b done, he ran away. Here, Sb goes to d embassy with his correct DOB showing on his birth cert...they will ask ...how come it was wrongly entered during Edv?...u explain...even if it wasn't a mistake from an agent ..u can claim. Embassy accepted most of those and denied many on what were unpardonable.

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by onatisi(m): 4:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
adconline:

bros u know what I have noticed.many of those claiming to be in the usa and saying that dob can be changed aren't in the usa . The simply don't know the importance oof dob in an official government documentation.
Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
your points are totally off the mark. We are talking about date of birth change not asylum processing .
pple changed to their correct DOBs and got their visas...it might be wrong still but are in d US...so?

1 Like

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
bros u know what I have noticed.many of those claiming to be in the usa and saying that dob can be changed aren't in the usa . The simply don't know the importance oof dob in an official government documentation.
Do u want them to show ur their GCs? We lie a lot here and some could not even fill out their forms correctly...America is accommodating. What can I say?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos / What Will You Do if you find your international passport like this? (photo) / Inside A Private Boeing 767 Chartered By Saudi Ambassador That Costs N10.8m/hr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.