Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,829 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah (21905 Views)

Enugu Massacre: South-East Senators Call For Emergency SE/SS Summit / PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result / PDP Chairman Tender Letter For Resignation [Unconfirmed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by SterlingTowers(m): 11:23am On Oct 10, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: [size=15pt]All these useless Yoruba/ APC bigots.

In all of Nigeria's history even when Ministers like Fani Kayode licensed planes for their girlfriends to fly airline businesses, when was an Aviation Minister ever asked to resign because of an aircrash? But because Madam Stella Oduah is Igbo, now she must resign,even when NCAA and not the minister is responsible for licensing planes.

If they are not doing their campaign of calumny against Dr. Okonjo Iweala,it will be against Diezani K. Alison-Madueke or Stella Otti.

Why not ask Omobola Johnson, Navy Capt. Caleb Olubolade, Mrs. Olajumoke Akinjide, Akinwumi Adeshina and Olusegun Aganga to resign for their lacklustre performance in government?

Anyhow, like Okonjo Iweala told them recently " I serve at the pleasure of the President who appointed me and who shall relieve me of the appointment when my performance falls below his expectation" Simply put, SORRY, I WILL NOT RESIGN FOR SHAMELESS TRIBALISTS AND BIGOTS!
[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

See kettle calling pot black. See ultra and unrepentant bigot.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Ngwakwe: 11:23am On Oct 10, 2013
He was just being political by joining the bandwagon. Which other minister from the North or the West has he openly call for their dismissal?

Name them.

If not Madueke, it will be Ngozi or Stella.

Abagworo: All these people making tribal comments are not Igbos. They are just recruits taking up Igbo identity on Nairaland whose aim is to create hatred against Igbos. Senator Ike Ekweremadu is an Igbo PDP member and he openly supported the call for her resignation.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by 1forall: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2013
If these guys are serious Dieziani should have ceased to be a minister ages ago. Hypocritical senators.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2013
Ike ekweremadu is an eediot,the foool sees nothing wrong with bringing down his sister from SE to enhance his own political career.
kayci_d77:

That idoit who is not wanted in IGBOLAND should be the first to commit suicide for all the atrocity the national assembly is commiting
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2013
tawa89: NCAA chairman Fola Akin should be sacked first. He is incharge of safety.
My SW brothers will never see this, this is the man who should commit suicide or simply resign
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by flakey94: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2013
Personally I dont care if she is Hebrew, Arabic or Ibo, all i know is that at that level careless talk is unforgivable. She is not only accountable, she is responsible for the aviation sector and it is high time we realise that the earlier we ensure that qualified Nigerians with administrative experience should be appointed in such delicate positions
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by zeelo2014: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2013
Who is in charge of infrastructure in the aviation industry? Minister of aviation.(Stella Oduah
Who is in charge of safety regulations? NCAA(Capt Fola Akin)
What is the cause of the AA & DANA Aircrashes? Yet to see the report of the investigation but from independent accounts likely caused by sharp practices of the airlines.
Now let's look back at previous aircrashes in Nigeria, from 2 ADC aircrashes,Bellview,EAS,sosoliso(which carshed inside the airport but no timely intervention from fire fighters to rescue the ones still alive)
Let's call a spade a spade,and leave tribal sentiments aside. Stella should only be blamed for her recent statement,it was uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Ngwakwe: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2013
Stella Odua is not responsible for what you make of her speech after assigning motive and irrational reasoning to what she meant by choosing a meaning out of several meanings of the phrase she used.

berem: and I ask you again,do you have any objections to the achievements of FFK? I guess you don't!

Stella Oduah should have just shut up instead of putting fear on Nigerians that air crash is inevitable. She would have waited for technical reports and composite analysis from the experts before opening her mouth to tell us how clueless she is. She has shown she isn't competent enough to hold that position.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2013
kayci_d77:

brother, you guys are just getting to emotional over her, She said it on national telly that the way the ministry is structured now , she do not have the power to effect or change aviation regulatory, she only oversee, when she was shaking up the aviation bodies and restructure the industries , Yorubas when on rampage, saying she was sacking their brothers..... 10 Old men yoruba directors who have been there for time immemorial yet they dont want modern brain to come in...how wont plane crash undecided

If you are given a position without any authority to effect change, the noble thing to do is to resign lest you have blood of innocent people on your hands.
I guess the only authority she has is to paint buildings and sack people she doesn't like.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 10, 2013
Abagworo: All these people making tribal comments are not Igbos. They are just recruits taking up Igbo identity on Nairaland whose aim is to create hatred against Igbos. Senator Ike Ekweremadu is an Igbo PDP member and he openly supported the call for her resignation.
Senator Ike Ekweremadu and other Igbos who supported the immediate sack of Stella Oduah are Efulefus since they are against their Igbo sister. grin
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by stevecantrell: 11:32am On Oct 10, 2013
They should stop stressing my Stella. She's a successful businesswoman in the Oil/gas sector but a crappy aviation minister.

She better just leave the portfolio for them, and get back her billions. The woman don't need this stress.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Arysexy(m): 11:35am On Oct 10, 2013
Quite sad Nigerian journalism sucks! I watched d senate session yestday, d motion was raised by senator Hope uzodimma, d house condemned d aviation tragedies and voted to summon the aviation minister to av a chat on wot are d issues in aviation and if there is a way the senate will help to stop such air mishapn they won't hesitate to do dat.

At no POINT did d senate vote to sack stella Oduah. Na wa o for bad bele press from across d naija!

3 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by hercules07: 11:35am On Oct 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

All their faces are now focused on their Amala instead of the internet.. Mention Okonjo now and see them respond quickly.. angry

#Bloody Pharisees!

The first person that should be sacked is the Minister, a new minister once appointed will now come in and sack all those under performing staff be it NCAA, FAAN or whatever, if he or she can not sack them, she can lean on the Presidency to move the incompetent people out of her ministry, that is the proper way to do things. The woman is obviously incompetent and favors cosmetic changes to the real hard work of sanitizing the sector. I read here on NL that she says she can not affect any change, if she truly said that, she should honorably resign her appointment.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by pmc01(m): 11:35am On Oct 10, 2013
dmalam:

Some times in this chamber we must speak the truth.
http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/7222-senators-call-for-resignation-of-aviation-minister

Na wah o! grin grin grin
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2013
naijaking1: ^^^^^
Thank you

you are welcome
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2013
Ngwakwe: Stella Odua is not responsible for what you make of her speech after assigning motive and irrational reasoning to what she meant by choosing a meaning out of several meanings of the phrase she used.

really? And people reacted to her silly utterances? Maybe next time she should learn to talk like a minister when making public statements.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Arysexy(m): 11:40am On Oct 10, 2013
berem: Senator Ike Ekweremadu and other Igbos who supported the immediate sack of Stella Oduah are Efulefus since they are against their Igbo sister. grin

Shut da fucccck and listen to news not wot bias newspaper wrote, senator ekweremadu pesided over d session. According to him they are inviting aviation minister nt ti witch hunt her but to av a chat on d way forward for d aviation industry.

They NEVER recomended her sack. Jeeez! Theses Yoruba hypocrites can lie oooooo!
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Okijajuju1(m): 11:42am On Oct 10, 2013
chima12: Don't mind the slut called berem,she's not Igbo,she's a full blooded yoruba woman.there are many others like her such as ijaw citizen and obiageli.they are yorubas claiming other non-yoruba tribes just to do the dirty work of their apc masters

Berem is Igbo!! Nwa Owerri from Orlu..

But she has lived with Ndi Yoruba all her life..

You know that even the bible says it in the book of 1st Corinthians 15:33 that "Evil Association can corrupt good people".. Berem needs to relocate to Anambra State so the evil in her can be cast out.. angry She should also bring that Efulefu Enweremadu along with here for his own exorcism..

2 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by eskillz: 11:44am On Oct 10, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: [size=15pt]All these useless Yoruba/ APC bigots.

In all of Nigeria's history even when Ministers like Fani Kayode licensed planes for their girlfriends to fly airline businesses, when was an Aviation Minister ever asked to resign because of an aircrash? But because Madam Stella Oduah is Igbo, now she must resign,even when NCAA and not the minister is responsible for licensing planes.

If they are not doing their campaign of calumny against Dr. Okonjo Iweala,it will be against Diezani K. Alison-Madueke or Stella Otti.

Why not ask Omobola Johnson, Navy Capt. Caleb Olubolade, Mrs. Olajumoke Akinjide, Akinwumi Adeshina and Olusegun Aganga to resign for their lacklustre performance in government?

Anyhow, like Okonjo Iweala told them recently " I serve at the pleasure of the President who appointed me and who shall relieve me of the appointment when my performance falls below his expectation" Simply put, SORRY, I WILL NOT RESIGN FOR SHAMELESS TRIBALISTS AND BIGOTS!
[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
when making comments, please make an effort to stick to the matter at hand. What has TRIBE got to do with asking an incompetent minister with incessant air crashes under her watch to resign!
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by khamas19: 11:46am On Oct 10, 2013
berem: Senator Ike Ekweremadu and other Igbos who supported the immediate sack of Stella Oduah are Efulefus since they are against their Igbo sister. grin

...your objectivity continues to amaze me..you my dear- are a very rare gem on this forum... I am very proud of you and how you manage these kamikaze opinionists....I will remember you whenever their comments starts to poison my mind...you will be my elixir of sanity in this deathly hollow nairaland is becoming

1 Like

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

You know that even the bible says it in the book of 1st Corinthians 15:33 that "Evil Association can corrupt good people".. Berem needs to relocate to Anambra State so the evil in her can be cast out.. angry She should also bring that Efulefu Enweremadu along with here for his own exorcism..
I rather relocate to Zamfara State than Anambra! A na m ayi ara? tongue
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Italiano1: 11:48am On Oct 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

Shocking that you guys can treat a fellow Igbo woman like this, just because she has a different opinion to yours.

She has made her points, why cant you focus on negating these points if you don't agree with them instead of harassing her like a pack of hyenas

5 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Afam4eva(m): 11:49am On Oct 10, 2013
This is what you get when you allow people beclouded by party sentiments to speak on national issues. How can you call for the resignation of the Aviation minister because of crashed planes when the NCAA should be held responsible. If Oduah is sacked, will Jonathan also impeached or resign? Why hasn't anyone called for the sack of the minister of Transport because the number of people who have died from road induced accodents in this decade alone can fill up the national stadium in Sululere. Why hasn't the minister of Defence been sacked due to the scores of people that have met their untimely death because of the wicked attacks by the bokoharam sect. What we should calling for is for Oduah to sack whoever is in charge of NCAA and not us calling for her sack cos she's the best Aviation minister that we've had for a long time. The Aviation minister was an utter disgrace when Fani Kayode and Aborishade manned it. SO, i find it rather hypocritical that someone like Kayode has the effrontery to advertise his quantum hypocrisy to the world. These are people that are supposed to be spending the rest of their lives in Panti for embezzling finds meant for the aviation industry.

9 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 10, 2013
khamas19:

...your objectivity continues to amaze me..you my dear- are a very rear gem on this forum... I am very proud of you and how you manage these kamikaze opinionists....I will remember you whenever their comments starts to poison my mind...you will be my elixir of sanity in this deathly hollow nairaland is becoming
Thanks so much sir! I do appreciate. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by grabdbull: 11:52am On Oct 10, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: All these useless Yoruba/ APC bigots.

I wonder how you came about your assertion after reading the following post.

Anyway, for the benefit of those who find it difficult to read posts before making comments, I have highlighted in the post, the contributions of Senators who are neither Yoruba or APC members.

This may help you come to terms with the flippancy of your earlier comment.

dmalam: Senators yesterday called for the resignation of the Minister of Aviation Princess Stella Oduah, citing frequent air crashes under her watch.

They said Nigeria had witnessed a record of seven fatal air mishaps with two averted within the last two and a half years.
The senators were speaking on a motion on last week’s crash of Associated Airlines aircraft in Lagos which killed 13 people. Two others died later in hospital.

Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu said, “In sane places when things happen people take responsibility and resign. Others commit suicide for the failure of their subordinates.”

Senator SmartAdeyemi (PDP, Kogi) said investigation he conducted in Lagos for three days revealed that the aircraft was on a “test flight” which was why there were many aircraft engineers onboard.

“Somebody might have thought of making quick money. Some times in this chamber we must speak the truth. Corruption is responsible for the air crashes in Nigeria,” he said

Senator Oluremi Tinubu (ACN, Lagos) said it was irresponsible of the minister to frighten Nigerians that accidents were inevitable.
“Why should she say so? It’s scaring. Does that mean that each time we travel we will be afraid? This should be investigated and we should stop playing politics with the lives of people and address the issues.”

Senator Jibrilla Mohammed Bindo (PDP, Adamawa), said it was embarrassing for the aviation minister to say that air mishaps are inevitable because “she doesn’t know what it takes to be a minister, she should resign”.

Senator Adamu Ibrahim Gumba (PDP, Bauchi) who also argued that Oduah has no business remaining in office after witnessing seven air crashes under her tenure as a minister.
Senator Olu Adetumbi (APC, Ekiti) said, “It is time to speak the truth to power because we are tired of this obscene media propaganda about achievements in the sector just to promote the government and the minister while we keep having crashes every day.

Physical infrastructure is a good thing but that is not a good reform, rug carpets and tiles do not make the reform of aviation, it has to do with the people who manage the sector and the procedures.”

Senator Ita Enang (PDP, Akwa Ibom) said, “She concentrated on the infrastructure and the aesthetic of the airports and not on quality and standards of aircrafts flying which is given the least attention. They are more interested in awarding contracts, it’s good to have tiles, granites and marbles, flashy flat screens and new roofs but is that what aviation is all about?”

However, Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki (PDP, Kwara), said the greatest respect the Senate can give to those who lost their lives in the air crash is to prevent such from happening again by holding those responsible accountable.

Senator Joshua Dariye (LP, Plateau), reminded his colleagues that they threw out a bill he sponsored which sought to compel the president to nominate ministers with their portfolio which would have ensured that only experts and professionals in aviation are appointed as ministers but not accountants.

The Senate mandated the aviation committee to investigate the crash as well as to summon the minister for questioning.
The Minister’s office however said yesterday it was not aware the Senate was calling for her resignation.

The minister’s S.A Media Joe Obi told Daily Trust on phone, “The one I am aware is that she should appear in plenary before them, I am not aware of the call for her resignation, I am aware that at plenary they made some comments. I cannot comment on that.

1 Like

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Okijajuju1(m): 11:54am On Oct 10, 2013
Italiano1:

Shocking that you guys can treat a fellow Igbo woman like this, just because she has a different opinion to yours.

She has made her points, why cant you focus on negating these points if you don't agree with them instead of harassing her like a pack of hyenas

This is strictly between Ndi Igbos.. Please do not interfere..

Thanks..

1 Like

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by hercules07: 11:55am On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva: This is what you get when you allow people beclouded by party sentiments to speak on national issues. How can you call for the resignation of the Aviation minister because of crashed planes when the NCAA should be held responsible. If Oduah is sacked, will Jonathan also impeached or resign? Why hasn't anyone called for the sack of the minister of Transport because the number of people who have died from road induced accodents in this decade alone can fill up the national stadium in Sululere. Why hasn't the minister of Defence been sacked due to the scores of people that have met their untimely death because of the wicked attacks by the bokoharam sect. What we should calling for is for Oduah to sack whoever is in charge of NCAA and not us calling for her sack cos she's the best Aviation minister that we've had for a long time. The Aviation minister was an utter disgrace when Fani Kayode and Aborishade manned it. SO, i find it rather hypocritical that someone like Kayode has the effrontery to advertise his quantum hypocrisy to the world. These are people that are supposed to be spending the rest of their lives in Panti for embezzling finds meant for the aviation industry.

Buck stops at the table of the minister, the call for her sack is the correct one, of course, she can also be sacked along with the NCAA guys or a new minister can sack the NCAA man. The problem with a lot of people supporting her is because she is from their tribe, the NCAA man is from my tribe and I believe he should be sacked, anybody and everybody responsible for the failures should be sacked. Do you know how many CEOs got fired because of ordinary cable ducts during the manufacture of the A380?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

20 Nigerian Students Charged For Attacking Malaysian Pokice Officers (Photos) / Return To APC, Group Tells Atiku, Saraki, Dino, Tambuwal. / Hoodlums Set Senator Barau’s Kano Office On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.