Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? (33998 Views)

"Igbo Guys Are The Real Demons"- Girl Narrates Her Ugly Dating Experience / 7 Reasons Why Your Long Time Boyfriend Will Never Marry You / Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by fummylove(f): 3:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
Beync: very typical.
Given that u can afford to marry anything or even become 5th wife is enough to reduce the number of ur single girls. Just to answer a married woman, huh.. Like funke did right? I rather not marry than be a second wife except u r a second handed wife.
. Yes so far am still in the hand of yoruba man, am still at home is better for us, than marring arrogant, proud igbo single man, they can still accept edo man but igbo hell no, no come near my family ooooo, I will rather remain single than marry igbo man, so u people should for get dirty or ugly, we don't marry other tribe especially. Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Fecodear(f): 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
Dahbutter: Isn't it funny op that despite all this more yoruba ladies are getting legally married daily than a lot of other tribes especially igbos?

U might have to do a naija marriage registry research to confirm this.

legally or not legally, marriage registry or not isn't a criteria. Maybe I should educate you more, the Igbo's mostly believe in traditional marriage and white wedding but as for all this court marriage registry affairs they are not into it but yet marriage in Igboland keep waxing strong.

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
Why is Tribalism so high between the Igbos and Yorubas ? I am ashamed of you people, we of other tribes believe we are more civil than both of your tribes, cos you guys hate yourselves so much and its affecting the developments of other ethnicity.

Shame on you fo0ls.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Beync(f): 4:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
fummy love: . Yes so far am still in the hand of yoruba man, am still at home is better for us, than marring arrogant, proud igbo single man, they can still accept edo man but igbo hell no, no come near my family ooooo, I will rather remain single than marry igbo man, so u people should for get dirty or ugly, we don't marry other tribe especially. Igbo.
grin which Igbo man is coming after you? Show me and I will tell you he's not coming to seek ur hand in marriage. Ur type is sure the reason why most Igbo men will not marry from ur tribe. Marriage is a well respected union in Igbo land hence the men avoid drama queens. don't worry, I assure you no igbo man will come near you for marriage.

12 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Fussbot: 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
simply because dia mama no understand english for village, and they cant marry sm1 dia mama cant communicate with..shikena..

Atleast 2 igbo guys have given me dis excuse....
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by fummylove(f): 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
Beync: grin which Igbo man is coming after you? Show me and I will tell you he's not coming to seek ur hand in marriage. Ur type is sure the reason why most Igbo men will not marry from ur tribe. Marriage is a well respected union in Igbo land hence the men avoid drama queens. don't worry, I assure you no igbo man will come near you for marriage.
. If they are coming and I realize they are igbo I cut them off immediately so no time to waste time, I don't like them personally. Talk less of my family.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by dontjealousme: 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
Inaddition, 2face Idibia is a good example, despite Pero Adeniyi and Sunmbo Adeoye having both male and female children for him, he did not consider them fit for marriage but rather choose Annie Macaulay with her one daughter as his wife.

Two yoruba women and one Akwa ibom and the Akwa Ibom lady wins.

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2013
Billyonaire: Why is Tribalism so high between the Igbos and Yorubas ? I am ashamed of you people, we of other tribes believe we are more civil than both of your tribes, cos you guys hate yourselves so much and its affecting the developments of other ethnicity.

Shame on you fo0ls.
igbos just cant stop hating on yorubas...i guess its the biafra war loss that is the cause undecided
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
dontjealousme: Inaddition, 2face Idibia is a good example, despite Pero Adeniyi and Sunmbo Adeoye having both male and female children for him, he did not consider them fit for marriage but rather choose Annie Macaulay with her one daughter as his wife.

Two yoruba women and one Akwa ibom and the Akwa Ibom wins.

it seems u have a personal hate for yorubas.

Wait let me teach u something. Who would want his daughter to marry a man from a tribe that is renowned for 419, kidnapping, money rituals, delusion, making widows drink the water used in washing the corpse of dead hubby etc?

My question is: do you people marry the hausas? Why is jim iyke neglecting alaigbo to marry a ghanaian when u claim to have enough uwain ocha? Why is psquare not marrying any alaigbo gal?

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Beync(f): 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
fummy love: . If they are coming and I realize they are igbo I cut them off immediately so no time to waste time, I don't like them personally. Talk less of my family.
grin yea. better cut them off earlier when u realize they are Igbos becos if you allow them get closer, they'll be the one cutting off after wasting ur time. Talk more of when their family get to know about ur tribe, that one is no go area sef. Babe ur head dey there jare.

6 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
My first galfrnd was an igbo gal. Realised she was very dirty...mouth odour, armpit odour etc, men i dump am sharperly; dat doesnt mean i didnt cum across a dirty yoruba gal too. Dirtiness exist everywhere. Even whites are very dirty...hardly take their bath so i see no reason why igbo people should make it seem as if they are the only ones excempted. What about your gals dat have moustache, goatie, sideboards and hairy all the way like a gorrilla? I know a dumb alaigbo would say "i love them dat way".

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by ebukaOtika(m): 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
THEY DO O @OP
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
I repeat, the reasons Igbo men don't always marry Yoruba ladies are:

1. Cultural difference
2. Language issue
3. Food difference
4. Fear of divorce

And not becos Yoruba ladies are ugly or dirty. Come on guys, there are some elegant looking Yoruba ladies u will see and u will be like: Oh my GOODNESS!!

Now, let me explain.

Many Igbo guys would have loved to marry Yoruba women, but u know, inter-tribal marriage isn't that easy as some young people think. It goes beyond I love him, I love her.

Once there is marital issue in an inter-tribal marriage, its always difficult to resolve unlike when its same tribe. Pls I am not a tribalist, hear my point below.

You know, when there is issue, the man's family will be saying A based on their Igbo culture/tradition while the woman's family will be saying B based on their Yoruba culture/tradition, which makes it difficult to come to a common point of agreement bw the two families, and hence, the high possibility of breakup.

Lastly, most Yorubas complain that Igbo dialect is difficult to learn, hence the ladies hardly cope when they marry an Igbo guy cos language and communication play key roles in every relationship/marriage.

Again, the issue of food plays a vital role.

My elder brother married a Yoruba lady. He built what I would call a mansion in the village and even in the city. We Igbos are festive people...and we love going to the village during festive periods like xmas to celebrate, but my brother's wife who is a Yoruba never liked this despite the comfort provided for her when she travels to our village, and which keeps me wondering why? Just to go there, u have even more modern facilities n comfort there than u have back in the city, and that's where cultural upbringing matters wen deciding on who to marry.

She also developed hatred for cooking soon after they got married, meanwhile she cooks b4...my bro hired a nanny/cook yet, she hardly feeds her own kids well and they looked malnurished despite their dad's wealth.

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
I felt more heartbroken than my brother becos she was my best friend when she was dating my brother.

In fact, we used to play and go about like lovers, and I was even the one that thought her how to drive...but she just changed overnight after the wedding.

And due to the tribal difference, it wasn't so easy to make peace bw them...cos Igbo tradition and Yoruba tradition are different.

This brings me to another topic, women y do u like to pretend during courtship She used to act like she loved going to our hometown during festive period, especially xmas, never knew it was all pretence until she was married legally with kids.

Now that my brother is late, since last year, she no longer likes to go home with the kids like every other family member do, despite that her husband built a mansion at home. Imagine no one lives in that big house from year to year now...isn't that enough discouragement not to marry from another tribe?

So this is one major fear that stops majority of Igbo guys from marrying other tribes like: Yoruba and Hausa, not becos we don't like their ladies or wouldn't want to marry them.

I know many guys who wish to marry Hausa or Yoruba ladies, but are afraid that the ladies may not be happy to follow them to Igbo land whenever necessary and should they die tomorrow, it can always happen to anybody, that the Hausa/Yoruba ladies may never take their kids to Igbo land again, and that's scary to imagine.

Aside these, we would have been witnessing more of Igbo guy married to Yoruba or Hausa lady, and if Yoruba and Hausa ladies can learn to accept Igbo guys with all their heart including going to Igbo land with joy even when their igbo husband dies, believe me, igbo guys will start rushing to marry them.

This same reason is why Igbo guys fear to marry white ladies, and even when they marry them, they still come back to Nigeria to marry an Igbo lady for a backup should the white lady refuse to accompany them home or should she decide not to bring the kids back to Nigeria when he dies.

People using Psquare and Omolola's union as a good example should just keep calm cos when my late brother was alive, people, church members and everyone that knows them used their marriage as a good example of a successful inter-tribal marriage not knowing that all is not well, which was not even known to extended family members besides we the immediate family that knows wot he was going through despite the fact that he puts up a lot of all-is-well face hoping things would change with years, but it never happened till his painful unannounced death.

Igbos are just like Jewish people. They love going back to their homeland no matter where they travel to. It is part of Igbo culture. And u can never dare bury an Igbo man in a foreign land that's not his hometown unlike Yorubas and other tribes do.

These are some of the challenges in inter-tribal marriage that young people must consider before agreeing to marry from another tribe; always think of crises time, when the going gets tough, and not just about love, love, fun fun.

I really hope to see changes in future and see more successful happy inter-tribal and inter-racial marriages cos it will bring peace and unity in the world if well practisedsmiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
@Dailynews

YOU ARE ON POINT.
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by fummylove(f): 5:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
Segeggs: My first galfrnd was an igbo gal. Realised she was very dirty...mouth odour, armpit odour etc, men i dump am sharperly; dat doesnt mean i didnt cum across a dirty yoruba gal too. Dirtiness exist everywhere. Even whites are very dirty...hardly take their bath so i see no reason why igbo people should make it seem as if they are the only ones excempted. What about your gals dat have moustache, goatie, sideboards and hairy all the way like a gorrilla? I know a dumb alaigbo would say "i love them dat way".
. They are always light in completion, just imagine them in back that is when u will realize they are not even fine, no shape, no common sense, too arrogant, very disrespectful.
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
Segeggs: @Dailynews

YOU ARE ON POINT.
thanks Segeggs. My family is one of those families that wanted to be a true replica of Nigeria with all tribes as wives since we are more of guys...but honestly, inter-tribal and inter-racial marriages are not easy. It requires the special grace of God and utmost carefulness to handle.

I don't see any reason for people to say Yoruba ladies are not cute, are dirty or ugly cos its all lies...cuteness and hygiene like I said earlier goes with individual, family and not tribe or race even though some tribe or race may have more cute people due to their food, gene mutation, etc.
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
standin with my arms folded, with a surprise look on my face............yoruba vs igbo again!

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by fummylove(f): 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
dontjealousme: Inaddition, 2face Idibia is a good example, despite Pero Adeniyi and Sunmbo Adeoye having both male and female children for him, he did not consider them fit for marriage but rather choose Annie Macaulay with her one daughter as his wife.

Two yoruba women and one Akwa ibom and the Akwa Ibom lady wins.

. Is annie beautiful? Can u compare sunmbo adeoye beauty with annie, u guy are just looking for a way to ridicule yoruba ladies which u can't find, 2face chose annie because they are together for a long time, so is not an excuse for u to say yoruba are ugly or dirty. Check ur ladies they are more dirty than any other tribe

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by ketoprofen(m): 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
Phder:
Normally, it's supposed to be a two-way thing, but it's not. Probably because Igbo men refuse to grow out of their hatred for Yoruba's (Which I doubt because they accept Yoruba's hands in marriage to their daughters). Another reason might be because Igbo men are not as educated as Yoruba, (they're the business type) which makes it difficult to meet a Yoruba women that would go out with them (maybe).

The whole point is this; The problem is not with the Yoruba's it is with the Igbo's. I hope they would grow out of it one day.

so, being a business type equates to being uneducated?
No wonder u ppl are ........

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
you just want to start a tribal war. Attention seeker

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
i'm feeling this dude called dailynews. You're on point
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
ketoprofen:

so, being a business type equates to being uneducated?
No wonder u ppl are ........
You need to get some education.
I did not say Igbo men are uneducated, I said they are not as educated as Yoruba's because they know what they want rather than wasting their time in getting a degree.
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by SWG1: 6:50pm On Oct 15, 2013
Seriously! I dont know y u ppl decided to single the igbo‘s out from other tribes that the op mentioned. Pls save the arguement, we all know the tribe wit greater percentage of beautiful ladies or tribe with better cooks or tribe wit great sence of respect. But all these qualities are relative. If u know who works 4 u, ur cultural background accepts and u know u can spend the rest of ur live wit, go ahead and marry whether hairy,dirty or arrogant its ur bargain. Let‘s drop this verbal war and show some love.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by ketoprofen(m): 6:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fussbot: simply because dia mama no understand english for village, and they cant marry sm1 dia mama cant communicate with..shikena..

Atleast 2 igbo guys have given me dis excuse....

Ha erichago nu gi nah, na-enyezi gi flimsy excuse
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by ketoprofen(m): 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
fummy love: . They are always light in completion, just imagine them in back that is when u will realize they are not even fine, no shape, no common sense, too arrogant, very disrespectful.

they are still finer

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by ikekings(m): 7:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
fummy love: . They are always light in completion, just imagine them in back that is when u will realize they are not even fine, no shape, no common sense, too arrogant, very disrespectful.
**clicks on her profile**.. You kidding me? Fine girl!!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
ikekings: **clicks on her profile**.. You kidding me? Fine girl!!! undecided undecided undecided
cool
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Fussbot: 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
ketoprofen:

Ha erichago nu gi nah, na-enyezi gi flimsy excuse
abeg speak english or yoruba
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by kilode95(f): 8:27pm On Oct 15, 2013
The mod who left this thread without deleting it after viewing the content is a tactless individual.
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by LOZENGE(m): 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
Am ibo buh Truely in love wt my esan babe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? / Adorable Pre-wedding Photos Of One Legged Man And His Bride / Stay Away From My Wife-husband Calls Out Man Toasting His Wife On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.