Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) (35922 Views)

Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad / Ex-Heads Of State Got Armoured Cars From Dasuki - Daily Trust / Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Teetomania: 8:45am On Oct 16, 2013
Oh nairaland! u read some comments and wonder how people reason
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 16, 2013
debosky:

Even that would be something worth hearing. If the DG has any balls, he'd come out with his own side of the story too.

The ridiculous aspect is the 'she is too rich' to need the cars line. If being 'too rich' stopped politicians from stealing, then politicians would stop stealing the moment they became 'too rich'. But we all know there isn't such a thing as 'too rich' in Nigeria - there's always a little more to steal.

i think the current DG is just a stooge.they unceremoniously kicked the former DG out in march for 'unsatisfactory response to numerous concerns of stakeholders'

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by ocelot2006(m): 8:53am On Oct 16, 2013
4chi: This evil woman has no speck of good in her. After having her fill of occultic blood sucking, the vampire minister is extremely corrupt to boot. Morally, she is a loose cannon. Her stock in trade is fvking boys young enough to be her son and manipulating their destinies. Jim Iyke is one of her victims. She is pure evil and NOTHING good can come out of her reign in the aviation sector.

Apparently you "know" much about her. 'care to back up your accusations with proof? Or are you simply ranting from your bum?

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by ocelot2006(m): 8:56am On Oct 16, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Are you saying the minister is not using the car?

Proof?
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by ocelot2006(m): 9:04am On Oct 16, 2013
Senator James: I'm not here for tribal battle. But i want some one that understand the current political game to answer these two questions, because people are boasting of what she is doing as d minister

1. If stella Oduah is from the Kawu Baraje led faction, will she still be the minister today? Y/N
2. Is there nobody among the sacked ministers that performed better than her? Y/N

So lets stop fighting each other here when our leaders are sweeping away our treasury. Even as a political party member how much are you gainning compare to them

God bless Nigeria

To answer your questions:

1) No she won't be a minister

2) No, none of the sacked ministers performed better than her.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by ocelot2006(m): 9:06am On Oct 16, 2013
simpleseyi:

I can help you out, just send me his picture, address, movement info like when he leaves home, his route to office, when he leaves office for Abuja university and Nassarawa State university to pick girls that are younger than his grandchildrend for rounds of drug aided intimacy, the hotel he uses for his pedo-phile intimacy, and finally, the weapons to use. I will do it for free for the love of my father's land and God will reward me.

if it was so easy.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Sagamite(m): 9:32am On Oct 16, 2013
chucky234: Amoured cars cost far more than the $800,000 you are screaming about,a little research will do.

Okay, Professor, show me your little research.

I wait.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Sagamite(m): 9:42am On Oct 16, 2013
oyb: http://www.ncaa.gov.ng/Public/ncaa/ManagementTeam.aspx

the above are the board of NCAA - all handpicked by madam minister

remember that the former DG Dr. Harold Demuren, was ousted in march this year for flimsy reasons

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/demuren-sacked-as-nca-d-g/

one has to wonder who the stakeholders were

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/fg-appoints-acting-dg-for-ncaa/

looks like team gej simply wanted a good man who would stand in the way of their incompetence and lootocracy out

Harold Demuren is a crook.

Take it from me. That is very very close to my circle.

Awon baba nla Ole! (Big big thief)
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by dbride: 9:42am On Oct 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros are you sure you have been reading comments on this thread? Did you not read about the 2006 aviation act that confers autonomy on the NCAA

@chukwudi44, all you see is Igbo v Yoruba feud. You are so ravaged by the demon of tribalism that your reasoning is now completely warped.
Autonomy my foot. You like to dwell on mediocrity/half truth even when you were told that $1.6m CANNOT, WILL NOT be spent by NCAA without the APPROVAL/SIGNATURE of Minister Stella. Nobody releases that kind of money without her signature and the full knowledge of CBN. So many ignorant people here. Please go check this fact yourself and stop reeling same noise over and over like an empty vessel, oh yes you are one! But why this argument, you must be close to her so go ask her first b4 spitting nonsense all over this thread, sacrificing TRUTH on the altar of Tribalism. He who covers the truth does not have the fear of God in him. With all humility, I am debasing myself arguing with you. Some, like you, are just not reasoning well any more, thanks to tribalism. I pray God heals all of you.

3 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Sagamite(m): 9:45am On Oct 16, 2013
kingoflag:

Thats not even the point. Even if the car cost $0.01: WHAT DOES THE MINISTER OR THE MINISTRY NEED IT FOR AND WHO APPROVED THE PAYMENT?!

I know.

No 1 is the outrageous and fraudulent cost.

No 2 is what kind of government individual thinks he or she merits driving such a car in a country ravaged by poverty.

That is why I said if she is using it, she should be sacked.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Sagamite(m): 9:47am On Oct 16, 2013
ocelot2006:

Proof?

What?
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by doctokwus: 10:26am On Oct 16, 2013
Sagamite:

I maynot like ur continual use of d word fuckta rd,but knowing d anger any decent person feels about d goings on in dis country,I do relate wt d rage u express wt those words to anyone who supports d rot in d system.
For dis singular view of demuren,jetting aside sentiments or d annoying habit of some pple making a saint of somebody dat was booted out just to rationize their support for d present occupant of a similar position,I salute u.
Politicians and those in govt are looting d country blind& evn supposed graduates(not touts who one shd rationalise and understand their thinking faculties) can still use tribal& ethnic affiliations to support such leaves one speechless.I sed it in an earlier post:at d rate some abnormalities and people wt clearly deficit abilities and overly corrupt tendencies are being rationalized and defended in nigeria,50yrs frm today I don't see any sign of d proverbial light at d end of dis our very dark tunnel.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Sagamite(m): 10:44am On Oct 16, 2013
This goes to the cretin that thought Nigerian officials are worthy of being asked about their corruption.

https://www.nairaland.com/1479944/n255m-ministerial-car-scandal-all

That is the response a journalist has got from these fucktards.

- All the lunatic "spokesman" gave was that the Minister is so rich, she can give away cars.

- No confirmation or denial that the cars were ever bought or anyone is using them.

- No confirmation if an inquiry has been put forward about the cars to the NCAA or will be put forward.

Those are the cretins we have in public service.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nuzo1(m): 10:46am On Oct 16, 2013
Lots of sentiments flying around lately...especially when Ms Oduah is mentioned.

And to be honest, I totally understand;.....the GEJ group, plane crashes, corrupt aviation sector, Enugu airport and of course her ethnicity. Some of these sentiments were formed on logical bases while others were clearly formed on shear hatred for Oduah. My own sentiments were formed based on her slow speeches and sluggish physical appearance.

But for the purpose of a drastic reduction of corruption in Nigeria especially Aviation sector....I encourage us to shove sentiments aside for a second and deal with the issue head on.

1. The amount spent on the purchase of the 2 cars seem not to be fraudulent. However, the amount is outrageous as they should have gone for cheaper types.

2. Its pretentious to believe the cars were purchased for Oduah's use other than for VVIP coming into the security volatile country.

3. Its hard to believe Ms Oduah was not aware before the purchase even tho its not her call to interfere with such purchase.

4. All documents of the purchase links directly to NCAA.

Now, how do we get to the bottom of this allegation?

Initiate a probe on the NCAA first! From thence, you will then know who are is involved and otherwise.

Coming straight to point at the minister for a case that is directly linked to NCAA is not only prejudice...but very malicious.

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by debosky(m): 12:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nuzo':
Lots of sentiments flying around lately...especially when Ms Oduah is mentioned.

1. The amount spent on the purchase of the 2 cars seem not to be fraudulent. However, the amount is outrageous as they should have gone for cheaper types.

Bros Nuzo how far? How can the amount not be fraudulent? Others have posted similar cars and they cost less than HALF the price of these Coscharis models.

2. Its pretentious to believe the cars were purchased for Oduah's use other than for VVIP coming into the security volatile country.

Oh really? When did NCAA - the regulator of aviation - become the one to buy cars for bringing in 'VVIPs' into a security volatile country? Shouldn't that be the job of FAAN or is the NCAA now a jack of all trades?

3. Its hard to believe Ms Oduah was not aware before the purchase even tho its not her call to interfere with such purchase.

You are speculating as per the latter - it is highly implausible that an agency will spend over 250m without approval from the minister. It may be autonomous in terms of day to day operations, but such large expenditure will likely need board approval, where the minister has a representative.

4. All documents of the purchase links directly to NCAA.

No doubts, but this will not be the first case of a supervising minister using agencies beneath him/her for self enrichment. The case of the SEC's issues with the House of Reps is an example.

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by playmode(m): 12:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
awodman: Reading through the whole report I can deduce that NCAA ordered for those cars...but if the car was meant for the Minister is an argument Sahara failed to prove beyond reasonable doubts..All I can see is a desperate attempt by sahara to paint the minister in bad light

Do you have a brain? I think not! The Minister is the head of the ministry is she not? How can she allow such a waste ,who are the cars meant for if not for her,who else is more important in the ministry apart from her.You jonacrook defenders always try to act stupid even though you are but you are only fooling yourselves.We all know you lot have very low IQs hence why you can't even cover up your corruption properly.

If Sahara had not produced the receipt you would have said Sahara was making up stories ,now that sahara has produced irrefutable evidence of the purchase you are saying there is no proof the car was for the minister.Is the NCAA not under the minister command ,are you saying officials of NCAA will just go out of their way and buy armored cars,who are they protecting? Please tell us genius since your underdeveloped brain can't seem to process the truth even if it slapped you in a face with a 40 ton truck.You long throats bastards will get your just deserve one day.One day will be one day mark my words.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by LBT: 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
cjrane:

Hehehehe.... grin grin grin grin grin grin Yoruba people and their calumny against all Igbo ministers.

If the Minister told this Fola Akin to do something wrong, trust me he would have since run to the press immediately to shout blue murder.
This Fola guy has continued to show he cannot be trusted to run a sensitive agency like the NCAA.
you igbos are the most daft people in the world; always bringing we the yorubas into every discussion, did you pass through school at all? How do you think a DG can pull such a huge amount for 2 cars from NCAA account without the minister involvement? How do you think an igbo will become president in Nigeria with all your silly comments.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by LBT: 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
cjrane:

Hehehehe.... grin grin grin grin grin grin Yoruba people and their calumny against all Igbo ministers.

If the Minister told this Fola Akin to do something wrong, trust me he would have since run to the press immediately to shout blue murder.
This Fola guy has continued to show he cannot be trusted to run a sensitive agency like the NCAA.
you igbos are the most daft people in the world; always bringing we the yorubas into every discussion, did you pass through school at all? How do you think a DG can pull such a huge amount for 2 cars from NCAA account without the minister involvement? How do you think an igbo will become president in Nigeria with all your silly comments. Have you been to the airports your igbo sister used Nigerian money to upgrade? over. 80% of equipment are not working, so it a rip off.

1 Like

cjrane:

you igbos are the most daft people in the world; always bringing we the yorubas into every discussion, did you pass through school at all? How do you think a DG can pull such a huge amount for 2 cars from NCAA account without the minister involvement? How do you think an igbo will become president in Nigeria with all your silly comments. Have you been to the airports your igbo sister used Nigerian money to upgrade? over. 80% of equipment are not working, so it a rip off; all airline are making use of their own equipment and passengers are even sweating when an airport is suppose to be cool.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by LBT: 1:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sagamite:

How close are you to him? Have you sat with him before? Demuren is very meticulous in every he did for NCAA but stella came and she and are igbo brother in the senate committee on aviation are always demanding for money from Demuren which he could not provide so the plane crash happened and they used it against him; why is stella not fired and the senate aviation committee de solved by now after 2 plane crashes? Presidential incompetence; in other countries of the world you resign or your sacked but Gej left them and he wants to run for a second term after putting Nigeria economy in a great mess! May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by DerideGull(m): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
Any Nigerian who remotely believed the forged documents posted with thread is an irredeemable fool. The pen characteristic and handwriting on document #1 from Coscharis Motors Limited to document #10 from Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority are the same format and written by one person.

The entire crap is forgery and blackmail attempts gone tribal. Nigerians needs to go their separate ways to avoid this waste of human endeavor.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by LBT: 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sagamite:

How close are you to him? Have you seen his authentic signature before? Or Have you ever sat with him before? Demuren is very meticulous in every he did for NCAA but stella came and she and are igbo brother in the senate committee on aviation are always demanding for money from Demuren which he could not provide so the plane crash happened and they used it against him; why is stella not fired and the senate aviation committee de solved by now after 2 plane crashes? Presidential incompetence; in other countries of the world you resign or your sacked but Gej left them and he wants to run for a second term after putting Nigeria economy in a great mess! May God help us.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by JingoOAU(m): 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
Permit me Seun Osewa to use vulgar and foul language here!!!!!!!!

Some people are just incredulous, incorrigible, , incongruous, preposterous with reasoning, perpetually stupid and irrevocable mad. Nigerian educational system has failed us to the extent that we can't interpret a simple logical comprehension.

The aftermath of Dana plane crash led to the removal of Dr. Demuren as the DG of NCAA while Engr Joyce from Anambra was installed as the acting DG.

During Joyce tenure, the minister of aviation hurriedly set aside the Nigerian Civil Aviation Policy of 2008 which granted full autonomy to NCAA, and a new aviation policy was adopted in abuja this year. This new policy vested in the minister the power to grant license, to issue AOC. Additional directorates were also created where over 300 Igbo boys and girls were massively recruited into NCAA.

This new aviation policy has partially rendered useless the purpose of NCAA cos d new DG would only be a toothless bull dog with no power to sanction any erring airline, nor does d agency have any autonomy to carry out any projects with due recourse to d minister. Last 3 months, before akinkuotu was appointed, d minister ordered all aviation agencies to buy two different cars for her which dey did. That aside, the whole of aviation is littered with school drop outs who have nothing to do with aviation. As it stand now, all the aviation agencies are finding it tough to sponsor their staff reign or local training.

It is on record dat all the aviation agencies are self-financing. No govt grants nor subventions for them, but they source for finance tru ticket sales and airline percentages.

To me, whether the minister order NCAA or not, the fact remains dat aviation is now in the hands of fake and amateur aviators and we should be expecting more crashes if changes are not done

chukwudi44:

Shame on your for your ignorance and tribal hatred!! The NCAA is an automomous agency.This is straight from their website

"Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority is the regulatory body for aviation in Nigeria. It became autonomous with the passing into law of the Civil Aviation Act 2006 by the National Assembly and assent of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The Act not only empowers the Authority to regulate Aviation Safety without political interference, but also to carry out oversight functions of Airports, Airspace, Meteorological Services, etc as well as economic regulations of the industry"

http://www.ncaa.gov.ng/Public/ncaa/aboutncaa.aspx

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Sagamite(m): 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
LBT: How close are you to him? Have you seen his authentic signature before? Or Have you ever sat with him before? Demuren is very meticulous in every he did for NCAA but stella came and she and are igbo brother in the senate committee on aviation are always demanding for money from Demuren which he could not provide so the plane crash happened and they used it against him; why is stella not fired and the senate aviation committee de solved by now after 2 plane crashes? Presidential incompetence; in other countries of the world you resign or your sacked but Gej left them and he wants to run for a second term after putting Nigeria economy in a great mess! May God help us.

Demuren is too rich for a man that was a career civil servant. So rich, he later formed his own cargo airline.

His kids lived a high, affluent life in their youth while he was a civil servant.

His sons are the ones that provided the funds to launch Banky W and, hence, later Wizkid. They are the moneybags behind that label.

This is an example of the typical Nigerian Millionaire civil servant (in dollars). Just like Atiku is a Nigerian Billionaire civil servant.

Trust me, this is my deep circle. The man is highly corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
Permit me Seun Osewa to use vulgar and foul language here!!!!!!!!

Some people are just incredulous, incorrigible, , incongruous, preposterous with reasoning, perpetually stupid and irrevocable mad. Nigerian educational system has failed us to the extent that we can't interpret a simple logical comprehension.

The aftermath of Dana plane crash led to the removal of Dr. Demuren as the DG of NCAA while Engr Joyce from Anambra was installed as the acting DG.

During Joyce tenure, the minister of aviation hurriedly set aside the Nigerian Civil Aviation Policy of 2008 which granted full autonomy to NCAA, and a new aviation policy was adopted in abuja this year. This new policy vested in the minister the power to grant license, to issue AOC. Additional directorates were also created where over 300 Igbo boys and girls were massively recruited into NCAA.

This new aviation policy has partially rendered useless the purpose of NCAA cos d new DG would only be a toothless bull dog with no power to sanction any erring airline, nor does d agency have any autonomy to carry out any projects with due recourse to d minister. Last 3 months, before akinkuotu was appointed, d minister ordered all aviation agencies to buy two different cars for her which dey did. That aside, the whole of aviation is littered with school drop outs who have nothing to do with aviation. As it stand now, all the aviation agencies are finding it tough to sponsor their staff reign or local training.

It is on record dat all the aviation agencies are self-financing. No govt grants nor subventions for them, but they source for finance tru ticket sales and airline percentages.

To me, whether the minister order NCAA or not, the fact remains dat aviation is now in the hands of fake and amateur aviators and we should be expecting more crashes if changes are not done

If you had any iota of intelligence you would see that what I posted was culled from their current website with the link even attached.How can a minister repeal an act that was passed by the NASS and assented into law by the president? How mischievous can you folls really become? SMH for people like you
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
LBT: you igbos are the most daft people in the world; always bringing we the yorubas into every discussion, did you pass through school at all? How do you think a DG can pull such a huge amount for 2 cars from NCAA account without the minister involvement? How do you think an igbo will become president in Nigeria with all your silly comments. Have you been to the airports your igbo sister used Nigerian money to upgrade? over. 80% of equipment are not working, so it a rip off; all airline are making use of their own equipment and passengers are even sweating when an airport is suppose to be cool.

Mumu it is not for idiots like you to decide if igbos will be president.

Back top your other points.Do you think it will take just 2 years to clear up all the rot in the aviation industry left behind by. Your brothers the late Agagu,Aborishade and FF Kayode?
Even FFk later confessed he recruited all the street urchins from osun state to come and run the aviation sector
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
playmode:

Do you have a brain? I think not! The Minister is the head of the ministry is she not? How can she allow such a waste ,who are the cars meant for if not for her,who else is more important in the ministry apart from her.You jonacrook defenders always try to act stupid even though you are but you are only fooling yourselves.We all know you lot have very low IQs hence why you can't even cover up your corruption properly.

If Sahara had not produced the receipt you would have said Sahara was making up stories ,now that sahara has produced irrefutable evidence of the purchase you are saying there is no proof the car was for the minister.Is the NCAA not under the minister command ,are you saying officials of NCAA will just go out of their way and buy armored cars,who are they protecting? Please tell us genius since your underdeveloped brain can't seem to process the truth even if it slapped you in a face with a 40 ton truck.You long throats bastards will get your just deserve one day.One day will be one day mark my words.

You are the one without a brain.Which of those documents tendered implicated the minister? Is the NCAA no longer an autonomous agency
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by pvee(m): 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
nice one
eGuerrilla:

$1.5 mill for a couple of beema?

I am not sure about where we go from here, folks.

Top 10 Most Expensive Armored Cars

1. Mercedes Benz S-Guard 600: $1.4 million

Not to be outdone, Mercedes Benz has their own line of luxurious armored cars in the S-Guard 600 worth over $1.4 million. This model can resist close range sniper fire, rocket propelled grenades and high velocity projectiles. Its twin-turbocharged 5.5-liter V12 517-horsepower gasoline engine can zoom from zero to 60 miles per hour in just four seconds.

2. Audi A8 Security: $685,000 to $1,000,000

The armored Audi A8 Security is a sweet package wrapped in steel, titanium and Kevlar that makes it invincible to high-powered firearms. It can also protect against fire and chemical attacks.

Its W12 450b-horsepower gasoline engine can zip from zero to 100 kilometers per hour in less than five seconds! This car can be worth as much as a million dollars!

3. Bentley Mulliner Division with Armor from Mulsanne: $400,000

The Bentley Mulliner Division car is another luxurious model that spikes its price tag to $400,000 when coupled with high-end armor from Mulsanne.

This particular model can withstand high-powered firearms, chemical threats and explosive attacks from all sides. This car can accelerate from zero to sixty kilometers per hour in just five seconds with maximum speed of 184 miles per hour thanks to its Twin Turbocharged 6.7-liter 505-horsepower gasoline engine.

4. Maybach 62S with Armor from Rijck: $352,000

Maybach cars are already expensive as it is. But when the famous Swiss armoring company Rijck integrates its inputs to the Maybach, expect it to be very expensive. Rijck has created a heavily armored Maybach 62S that can deter a high-powered sniper rifle fire from ten meters away. The engineers were able to accomplish this feat without changing the beautiful exterior and interior design of the Maybach.

It comes equipped with an AMG V12 Biturbo 5980cc 620-horsepower gasoline engine. It accelerates from zero to sixty miles per hour in just five seconds. The price tag for this Maybach-Rijck tandem is $352,000.

5. BMW 7 Series High Security: $350,000

BMW is a high-end luxury brand for vehicles but they can pack a punch as well with their armored 7 Series High Security. BMW believes this car is German engineering at its finest because its added weight does not not affect the handling and acceleration of the car.

The High Security can repel high velocity projectile weapons and chemical attacks. It even has its own gas tank that can seal itself again when hit by a bullet. Its engine is no slouch as well because its V12 6-liter, 535-horsepower gasoline engine can accelerate from zero to 60 miles per hour in just six seconds.

6. Popemobile: $311,000

The Popemobile cost $311,000 but its value goes beyond that because of the passenger it serves. This vehicle is bulletproof and can withstand all forms of biological and chemical attacks. Even if it gets flat tires, it can still speed through seventy miles per hour. It runs on a Mercedes Benz V8 5-liter gasoline engine that can speed up from zero to 60 miles per hour in just six seconds.

7. Conquest Knight XV: $310,000

Seen by many as a “Hummer Killer,” the Conquest Knight XV is built of hardened steel with Kevlar-fiberglass fenders and bumpers. Even the wheels are impervious to damage because it is made of forged 6061 aluminum. Its engine is either a GM V8 6-liter 325-horsepower gasoline or a Cummins ISB 6.7-liter diesel. Its top speed can reach 153 miles per hour even with all its weight.

8. Cadillac One: $300,000

You’ve probably heard of Air Force One, the airplane used by the President of the United States of America for international travels. It has a land vehicle counterpart in the Cadillac One. But this privileged limousine is more than mere looks. It is heavily armored and its details are highly classified, leading some funny observers to joke that the Cadillac One can withstand a direct hit from a nuclear warhead.

For the estimated price of $300,000, the Cadillac One features a diesel-powered V8 6.6L turbo 300hp diesel. When in a presidential convoy, the Cadillac One has many other decoys to confuse potential threats.

9. The Dartz Kombat T98 SUV: $200,000

The Russian-made Dartz Kombat T98 is technically a sports utility vehicle. But it really looks more like a tank. It looks like a Hummer with heavy steel plated doors and 7cm thick windows that can repel AK-47s and even rocket-propelled grenades.

It is powered by a monstrous 8.1 liter Vortec V8 that can sustain speeds of 180 kilometers per hour even with all its weight. Dartz has had a long history when it comes to armored cars dating back to World War I.

10. The Tumbler: The Dark Knight’s Newest Batmobile

This armored car exists in the realm of fantasy but when it was produced for the Batman sequel The Dark Knight Rises, it inspired crazy aspirations among hardcore Batman fans. The Tumbler has a HM 5-liter Vauxhall engine with jet engine boosters. The Tumbler also has auto-cannons in its nose. It may not withstand all types of RPGs, but it has the motorcycle-like Batpod as insurance embedded within the car.

This armored car can be built but vehicle engineers peg the price in the range of millions of dollars.

Source: http://www.therichest.com/luxury/most-expensive/armored-cars/
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by SegzyJoe(m): 7:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
The way and manner some ethnic bigots are defending the aviation minister is so degrading, it is even worse because some of the people defending her would claimed to have been educated. This also shows that our education system has pegged our IQ below average. We have gone to school, acquired certificates, but we are not educated. No sane society will condone this. There is no DG that will put such car on the road and will not be queried immidiately.

For those that said she has nothin to do with it, pls note that such amount must be approved by the supervising ministry for such purchase to take place. A little above that amount will require FEC approval. I am sorry for our future.

4 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Letters2Go(f): 7:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
Here we go again! Anytime a sensitive matter is brought up about the state of affairs of Nigerian politics and politicians, the house is divided and everyone goes into a frenzy of tribalistic and unproductive babbling. This info is out, backed up by documentation, what next? What are we gonna do about it? this is where we are always stuck in this country, frankly i dont see why we keep talking about our problems when there's no tangible solution in sight. The National Assembly, EfCC, ICPC or other organizations will not investigate because of the cartels or bodies that have control over them... ([size=4pt]just gonna sip my moctail and continue watching my movie[/size])

2 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
masu: I have no choice than to blv that ibos were right on been bitterly hated by yorubad and core north.

Nothing link odua to this nonsense yet all yorubas want us to blv she is responsible instead of their yoruba brother heading ncaa.

The level of bitterness in yoruba folks against ibos that made them to fabricate this document would have made them to provide the persuasion letter or calls from odua if she realy involve.

Mooooorrrrroooooonnn!!!!

She heads the Ministry. The buck stops at her table.

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
Letters2Go: Here we go again! Anytime a sensitive matter is brought up about the state of affairs of Nigerian politics and politicians, the house is divided and everyone goes into a frenzy of tribalistic and unproductive babbling. This info is out, backed up by documentation, what next? What are we gonna do about it? this is where we are always stuck in this country, frankly i dont see why we keep talking about our problems when there's no tangible solution in sight. The National Assembly, EfCC, ICPC or other organizations will not investigate because of the cartels or bodies that have control over them... ([size=4pt]just gonna sip my moctail and continue watching my movie[/size])

There are two very tribal and intolerant peoples in your country. One supported Yar'Adua even though he was dead, and saw nothing wrong in a corpse ruling the country. The other side currently supports GEJ vociferously even though its like the country is being run by a dead man. Both sides are myopic as hell.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau Reappears In New Video, Says Boko Haram Will Take Over Africa / Withdrawal Of Bello Kirfi's Traditional Title Triggers Resignation / Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.