Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) (35927 Views)

Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad / Ex-Heads Of State Got Armoured Cars From Dasuki - Daily Trust / Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
Donmams: Once this administration is over, the igbos and niger deltans will regret the day this country was amalgamated
Once this administration is over, the hausa/fulani wud regret y God ever located Nigeria's wealth in d Niger delta.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
Look at this fo0l,typical yoruba man.
Donmams: Once this administration is over, the igbos and niger deltans will regret the day this country was amalgamated
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by whitecat007: 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
The ministry will come and put a spin on it by saying it was a mistake or something of that nature, maybe one or two weaklings will be thrown under the bus or a contractor shows up to accept to take up the blame for a kick-back and Nigerians will take it as"an act of God" and move on while madam minister goes and enjoy her $million cars in peace

3 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 15, 2013
It is the yorubas that will regret selling their souls to the fulanis.
lygn19:
Once this administration is over, the hausa/fulani wud regret y God ever located Nigeria's wealth in d Niger delta.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Sagamite(m): 8:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros do you have any eveidence of her using the car? I tire for some peopleooo

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF "IF"?
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by taharqa: 8:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
I come on NL and the 1st tin I read is this?? I am truly ENRAGED- not just cos of d Severity of d info am reading but also cos I realise that I don't seem to be able to make sense (trust) any info I read from Nigerian media these days cos one isn't sure what interests are been manipulatively enhanced by such reports. And that is reali ffucked up...... Having said that, I very completely call for a full INVESTIGATION on this mata; and IF it is found that Oduah smhow ordered d purchase of 2 BMWs for an incredible $1.6m from Govt Funds for PERSONAL use, she shld be Sacked from office and made to pay back the money in full even if it means confiscating sm of her properties, afta reselling d cars of course. I believe that Mrs Oduah hv done/is doing a FANTASTIC job in d Aviation Sector, perhaps more than any person in Naija's history; and, it breaks my heart that I had to say the above. My heart is breaking right now on account that there is even a possibility that this allegation may be true; that she may hv allowed herself to fall into the 'hands' of d considerable HATERS who always wanted her to fail. I feel almost numb right now....

4 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by takedat(m): 8:27pm On Oct 15, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros please plead your case with facts and not emotions or speculations.Do you have anything linking Oduah with these cars?
You are trying to say that the minister is unaware of this profligacy. If she is unaware, then, accusations of dereliction of her duties as the supervising minister comes to the fore. If she is aware and yet the head of the agency continues to maintain his or her position two months after the cars were purchased, then, she is wastrel who condones wasteful spending. As you can see, either ways she is indicted.

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Dee60: 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
What has FIRST BANK got to do here? SLS, is your former bank up to something?
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
take dat: You are trying to say that the minister is unaware of this profligacy. If she is unaware, then, accusations of dereliction of her duties as the supervising minister comes to the fore. If she is aware and yet the head of the agency continues to maintain his or her position two months after the cars were purchased, then, she is wastrel who condones wasteful spending. As you can see, either ways she is indicted.

Bros are you sure you have been reading comments on this thread? Did you not read about the 2006 aviation act that confers autonomy on the NCAA

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Emilyhills(m): 8:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sumppl are just fond of making noise. Firstly, Hw did d reporters get this "First Hand" piece of evidence? Just afta d crashes were witnessed. You hav yur brains. Pls make use of it. Have a nice evening.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Pattey(m): 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
chukwudi44: All evidence so far points to the NCAA and its director Fola Akin.Nothing to link the minister with it.SMH for desperation of some folks!! Oduah is going to nowhere!! She will stay till she uprades the owerri airport also to international status and the Enugu airport one of the best in the world.Haters can go to hell

I can see tribalism has robbed you and ur fellow village men of common sense. . . . I will say it again, many of U Nigerians deserve to suffer, ur entire way of life shows U deserve oppression from the political class. . .

Why are you so blinded by selfishness and tribalism that everything else can be sacrificed so long as your tribe 'becomes among'?

If sahara reporters dint show documents, ur ilk will scream propaganda mission, now there's fact BUT since ur mind is biased and made up to see her as a saint, will it matter if you're shown pictures of her taking possession of those cars?

I won't say she's not trying but, Is tiling airports what will keep the Nigerian airspace safe?

If you get ur owerri and Enugu airports, won't planes keep crashing there if the present safety concerns aren't addressed.

You guys should try thinking, it helps. Nigeria first, before consideration for your backward tribalistic orientations that will NEVER get you anywhere.

6 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by inspbado(m): 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
To all the folks up here arguing that the "honourable minister" has not been directly implicated in this sleaze; I agree to a certain extent; the docs shown have not linked her in any way whatsoever. However, the press has done its job by exposing this fraud under her watch, if the minister now denies ever mandating her minnows to order those cars as it has been alleged in this write-up, then its up to her to investigate and punish the erring officials found wanting/implicated in this matter. Where she fails to do this, then it can be implied that she knew about this fraudulent purchase afterall. So.... the ball is in ur court "honourable minister"!!!

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Sagamite(m): 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
taharqa: I come on NL and the 1st tin I read is this?? I am truly ENRAGED- not just cos of d Severity of d info am reading but also cos I realise that I don't seem to be able to make sense (trust) any info I read from Nigerian media these days cos one isn't sure what interests are been manipulatively enhanced by such reports. And that is reali ffucked up...... Having said that, I very completely call for a full INVESTIGATION on this mata; and IF it is found that Oduah smhow ordered d purchase of 2 BMWs for an incredible $1.6m from Govt Funds for PERSONAL use, she shld be Sacked from office and made to pay back the money in full even if it means confiscating sm of her properties, afta reselling d cars of course. I believe that Mrs Oduah hv done/is doing a FANTASTIC job in d Aviation Sector, perhaps more than any person in Naija's history; and, it breaks my heart that I had to say the above. My heart is breaking right now on account that there is even a possibility that this allegation may be true; that she may hv allowed herself to fall into the 'hands' of d considerable HATERS who always wanted her to fail. I feel almost numb right now....

Full investigation ko, fuff investigation ni.

You honestly think your shyt-master, Goodluck Jonathan, would investigate anything?

Where is the investigation of all the budget given to police college for maintenance?

Where are all the bribe takers named in court for Halliburton case?

Where is the investigation when FCT Minister Bala Mohammed keeps on claiming he built houses with N4bn?
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by whitecat007: 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sing with me people!

Come and see my country wonder
Come and see my country wonder
my country wonder, my country wonder
The more you look, my country wonder
The less you see, my country wonder
my country wonder, my country wonder
Come and see, our Naija wonder too

Like my post if the song is manageable

2 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by takedat(m): 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros are you sure you have been reading comments on this thread? Did you not read about the 2006 aviation act that confers autonomy on the NCAA
I am sure you do not understand what autonomy means. Not interfering in the administration and operations of the NCAA does not mean the minister doesn't have supervisory and oversight powers over it. She has the power to call for a probe into the accounts of the agency and also recommend those involved in this profligate act for dismissal. Her oversight powers indicts her in this case. This is two months after the cars were purchased and the minister and the ministry has maintained a conspiracy of silence.

4 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
Until we start holding people responsible for their misdeeds, we are on a long thing in this country.
You won't believe, each minister spend as much as 3 legislators combined, in office.
Never mind, it's an act of God.

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 15, 2013
taharqa: I come on NL and the 1st tin I read is this?? I am truly ENRAGED- not just cos of d Severity of d info am reading but also cos I realise that I don't seem to be able to make sense (trust) any info I read from Nigerian media these days cos one isn't sure what interests are been manipulatively enhanced by such reports. And that is reali ffucked up...... Having said that, I very completely call for a full INVESTIGATION on this mata; and IF it is found that Oduah smhow ordered d purchase of 2 BMWs for an incredible $1.6m from Govt Funds for PERSONAL use, she shld be Sacked from office and made to pay back the money in full even if it means confiscating sm of her properties, afta reselling d cars of course. I believe that Mrs Oduah hv done/is doing a FANTASTIC job in d Aviation Sector, perhaps more than any person in Naija's history; and, it breaks my heart that I had to say the above. My heart is breaking right now on account that there is even a possibility that this allegation may be true; that she may hv allowed herself to fall into the 'hands' of d considerable HATERS who always wanted her to fail. I feel almost numb right now....

Despite being a GEJite who is ever willing to go out on limb to shore up party lines, I have noticed that you occasionally rise above the fray on matters relating to corruption.

Your contribution here supports an adage of our elders which states that "when a lizard nods its head, it does not mean that all is well".
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by naijaking1: 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2013
dustydee:
Are you ok? Are you a Nigerian? If you are then Nigeria is in trouble because we have a problem worse than boko haram. At this age and time we stil have people with your kind of mentality? God please have mercy on my dear country. What is wrong is wrong irrespective of who is involved. By the way did you see where the article says "donated"? angry

Where are you coming from
What do you gain from manufacturing, publicizing and spreading rumors/innuendos, and falsehood when you have nothing against the minister. Her ministry bought BMWs ? So what

When your FFK boasted of filling all the ministry positions with 70% of people from your side of the country I did not hear a word from your ilk.
Yes, it says donated, but company would donate luxury cars to Nigerian airlines, and meanwhile what would a minister do? This is a simple reminder that there might have been very genuine need for the armored cars, your myopic out cries not withstanding.
Now when you discover that she bought the cars for her personal use, let me know, I will join in condemning her, until then go take some anti-psychotic medications like FFK.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by whitecat007: 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
Well! maybe they are so used to it and got careless this time around.
It's really hard to control how many grains of rice falls off when measuring.
My grandmother said the ancient God was not as fast as the modern one cos of airplane. Everyday for the thief, but one day is for the owner
Emilyhills: Sumppl are just fond of making noise. Firstly, Hw did d reporters get this "First Hand" piece of evidence? Just afta d crashes were witnessed. You hav yur brains. Pls make use of it. Have a nice evening.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
Lets do away with sentiments and stay with the FACTS. Here are the FACTS on this matter:

1. According to SR, NCAA bought two BMW Armoured Cars, worth $1.6 million

2. NCAA is an autonomous agency under the administrative supervision of the minister of aviation

3. Based on the information provided by SR, in "a letter dated August 13, 2013, J.D Nkemakolam of the NCAA sent a letter to the Managing Director of Coscharis Motors asking the company to deliver to the NCAA two BMW 760 armored vehicles..". On August 13, 2013, Dr. Daniel Nkemakolam was no longer the DG of NCAA. This is a FACT. Dr. Daniel Nkemakolam was appointed acting DG on 12 Mar 2013. By July 2013, a substantive DG, NCAA Folayele Akinkuotu, had already taken over.
Akinkuotu’s appointment was confirmed on June 25 by the Senate. By July 4, he had already taken over as DG NCAA
http://leadership.ng/news/040713/ncaa-dg-advocates-safety-compliance-operators

4. There is nothing in the report to suggest the alleged vehicles purchased were for PRIVATE use.

5. There is nothing in the report linking the minister of aviation to alleged purchase of the vehicles or that she currently uses those vehicles.

The above are the FACTS in this matter. The other issues outside the FACTS above are speculations, conjectures, emotional spasms/convulsions and outbursts of sentiments. Let us stay with the FACTS.

If SR has more details linking the minister to the purchase of the vehicles or how the said vehicles were diverted to private use, SR should let out.

Also, as pointed out earlier, there are contradictions in the dates mentioned in the SR report.

Moreover, the standard practice in journalism is that you must give all parties an opportunity to say their side of the story. It is irresponsible to run to publish one-sided story.

It is important to stay with the FACTS, especially in these days of too much bad-belleism, politicization of everything and PULL-HIM/HER-DOWN SYNDROME.

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
The letter is signed for the director of the NCAA an agency that is supposed to be a subsect of the Ministry of Aviation.. Yet, the Director General of the NCAA is not appointed by the minister, but rather by the Federal Government and this appointment is ratified by the Senate, yet Sahara reporters thought it right to drag Stella Oduahs name into this mess.. grin

Na una go tire..

6 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Okijajuju1(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Lets do away with sentiments and stay with the FACTS. Here are the FACTS on this matter:

2. NCAA is an autonomous agency under the administrative supervision of the minister of aviation

3. Based on the information provided by SR, in "a letter dated August 13, 2013, J.D Nkemakolam of the NCAA sent a letter to the Managing Director of Coscharis Motors asking the company to deliver to the NCAA two BMW 760 armored vehicles..". On August 13, 2013, Dr. Daniel Nkemakolam was no longer the DG of NCAA. This is a FACT. Dr. Daniel Nkemakolam was appointed acting DG on 12 Mar 2013. By July 2013, a substantive DG, NCAA Folayele Akinkuotu, had already taken over.
Akinkuotu’s appointment was confirmed on June 25 by the Senate. By July 4, he had already taken over as DG NCAA

4. There is nothing in the report to suggest the alleged vehicles purchased were for PRIVATE use.

5. There is nothing in the report linking the minister of aviation to alleged purchase of the vehicles or that she currently uses those vehicles.

The above are the FACTS in this matter. The other issues outside the FACTS above are speculations, conjectures, emotional spasms/convulsions and outbursts of sentiments. Let us stay with the FACTS.

If SR has more details linking the minister to the purchase of the vehicles or how the said vehicles were diverted to private use, SR should let out.

Also, as pointed out earlier, there are contradictions in the dates mentioned in the SR report.

Moreover, the standard practice in journalism is that you must give all parties an opportunity to say their side of the story. It is irresponsible to run to publish one-sided story.

It is important to stay with the FACTS, especially in these days of too much bad-belleism, politicization of everything and PULL-HIM/HER-DOWN SYNDROME.

Na dem go tire...

3 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Spacoking(m): 9:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
Shame on Nigeria ASUU is demanding for 3 trillion naira and Uncle Jona seems to turn deaf ears to them what a country we live in
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Sagamite(m): 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Lets do away with sentiments and stay with the FACTS. Here are the FACTS on this matter:

You are a person!

So Nigerian government has now become a type of government you think respond truthfully to inquiries?

The same fucktards that lied to the nation that Yaradua is recovering?

The same fucktards that lied to the nation that Sheppopotamus was on holiday in Germany?

You are a pure person!

3 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

So Nigerian government has now become a type of government you think respond truthfully to inquiries?

The same fucktards that lied to the nation that Yaradua is recovering?

The same fucktards that lied to the nation that Sheppopotamus was on holiday in Germany?

You are a pure person!
Abuses and curses only make you appear weak and intellectually incapacitated. They are never signs of strenght.

Standard practice in journalism is that all parties to the story must be given fair hearing. Fair hearing does not in anyway stop SR from publishing whatever they have already. Check any of the investigative reports by Premium Times and you'll discover that it does not end without atleast attempting to get information from the other side. That is how it ought to be. But I'm not surprised because SR lacks professionalism.

7 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Sagamite(m): 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Abuses and curses only make you appear weak and intellectually incapacitated. They are never signs of strenght.

You are a person!

Go back and tell Abasi that Sagamite is here and he is making your work hard.

4 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by otokx(m): 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
This is a government claims they do not have funds for the education sector.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by fyneguy: 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros please stop speculating!! There is nothing in those documents that implicates the minister!! Give us evidence she ordered those vehicles or STFU.The person implicated here is the NCAA director and not the minister

Keep deceiving yourself. You think NCAA has so much autonomy as to award a contract to buy 2 armored cars of $1.6 million just for some Directors?

Your blind defence of the minister leaves the joke on you.

5 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by dustydee: 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
naijaking1:

Where are you coming from
What do you gain from manufacturing, publicizing and spreading rumors/innuendos, and falsehood when you have nothing against the minister. Her ministry bought BMWs ? So what

When your FFK boasted of filling all the ministry positions with 70% of people from your side of the country I did not hear a word from your ilk.
Yes, it says donated, but company would donate luxury cars to Nigerian airlines, and meanwhile what would a minister do? This is a simple reminder that there might have been very genuine need for the armored cars, your myopic out cries not withstanding.
Now when you discover that she bought the cars for her personal use, let me know, I will join in condemning her, until then go take some anti-psychotic medications like FFK.
Your morality is questionable. By the way what do you mean by the phrases in bold? All I am saying is look beyond your nose.

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by nagoma(m): 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
awodman: Reading through the whole report I can deduce that NCAA ordered for those cars...but if the car was meant for the Minister is an argument Sahara failed to prove beyond reasonable doubts..All I can see is a desperate attempt by sahara to paint the minister in bad light

And the minister didn't stop it? Don't be so ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Sagamite(m): 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
otokx: This is a government claims they do not have funds for the education sector.

They do not have funds for education but they can let someone be milking the nation like the Ministry of Information who claim to be paying N10m ($70K) per year for website hosting while the hosting platform they use is widely known to be a free service. It is like saying you pay Wikipedia $70K a year to access their article bank.

And then we produce cretinous products of a failed education system like Scun, Theben and the tribal fucktards we see on this thread and wonder "how come?".
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by khamas19: 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
...ategun abosi...fresh air noni...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Within The PDP Has The Best Chances Of Wining The APC In 2019?- Opinion Poll / Photo Of President Buhari Picking His Teeth / Buhari Speaks With Fati Attahiru, Spouses Of Other Fallen Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.