Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,112 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) (35918 Views)

Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad / Ex-Heads Of State Got Armoured Cars From Dasuki - Daily Trust / Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by nagoma(m): 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Lets do away with sentiments and stay with the FACTS. Here are the FACTS on this matter:

1. According to SR, NCAA bought two BMW Armoured Cars, worth $1.6 million

2. NCAA is an autonomous agency under the administrative supervision of the minister of aviation

3. Based on the information provided by SR, in "a letter dated August 13, 2013, J.D Nkemakolam of the NCAA sent a letter to the Managing Director of Coscharis Motors asking the company to deliver to the NCAA two BMW 760 armored vehicles..". On August 13, 2013, Dr. Daniel Nkemakolam was no longer the DG of NCAA. This is a FACT. Dr. Daniel Nkemakolam was appointed acting DG on 12 Mar 2013. By July 2013, a substantive DG, NCAA Folayele Akinkuotu, had already taken over.
Akinkuotu’s appointment was confirmed on June 25 by the Senate. By July 4, he had already taken over as DG NCAA
http://leadership.ng/news/040713/ncaa-dg-advocates-safety-compliance-operators

4. There is nothing in the report to suggest the alleged vehicles purchased were for PRIVATE use.

5. There is nothing in the report linking the minister of aviation to alleged purchase of the vehicles or that she currently uses those vehicles.

The above are the FACTS in this matter. The other issues outside the FACTS above are speculations, conjectures, emotional spasms/convulsions and outbursts of sentiments. Let us stay with the FACTS.

If SR has more details linking the minister to the purchase of the vehicles or how the said vehicles were diverted to private use, SR should let out.

Also, as pointed out earlier, there are contradictions in the dates mentioned in the SR report.

Moreover, the standard practice in journalism is that you must give all parties an opportunity to say their side of the story. It is irresponsible to run to publish one-sided story.

It is important to stay with the FACTS, especially in these days of too much bad-belleism, politicization of everything and PULL-HIM/HER-DOWN SYNDROME.

GEJ and his bunch of corrupt people like the aviation woman are out to cripple Nigeria and you are vomiting this rubbish. Are you one of these evil people? Are you sharing in the impunity and tyranny?

2 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Gorrbachev: 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
khamas19: ...ategun abosi...fresh air noni...

grin grin grin grin grin na real ategun abosi.

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by nduchucks: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
taharqa: I come on NL and the 1st tin I read is this?? I am truly ENRAGED- not just cos of d Severity of d info am reading but also cos I realise that I don't seem to be able to make sense (trust) any info I read from Nigerian media these days cos one isn't sure what interests are been manipulatively enhanced by such reports. And that is reali ffucked up...... Having said that, I very completely call for a full INVESTIGATION on this mata; and IF it is found that Oduah smhow ordered d purchase of 2 BMWs for an incredible $1.6m from Govt Funds for PERSONAL use, she shld be Sacked from office and made to pay back the money in full even if it means confiscating sm of her properties, afta reselling d cars of course. I believe that Mrs Oduah hv done/is doing a FANTASTIC job in d Aviation Sector, perhaps more than any person in Naija's history; and, it breaks my heart that I had to say the above. My heart is breaking right now on account that there is even a possibility that this allegation may be true; that she may hv allowed herself to fall into the 'hands' of d considerable HATERS who always wanted her to fail. I feel almost numb right now....

This poster drops off my list of sycophantic political jobbers who can never see anything wrong with anything GEJ or his ministers. The day sincere9gerian can make statement like the one above would be a ram killing day for me.

Carry go my guy Ewudan.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by patriotic007: 9:43pm On Oct 15, 2013
A minister that supervises billions of naira will need the help of an fooooolish NCAA boss to purchase a BMW?,.....if u believe this you are the most foooooooolish person on earth
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Sagamite(m): 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
patriotic007: A minister that supervises billions of naira will need the help of an fooooolish NCAA boss to purchase a BMW?,.....if u believe this you are the most foooooooolish person on earth

You are a person!

Even though I don't know, and I have not decided, if I believe she knew or not, your logical excuse of why she cannot be involved is moronic and demonstrates how I keep on saying products of a failed education system cannot reason.

So because Abacha controlled the whole economy means he did not coordinate with people in government to loot?

2 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by 735i(m): 10:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Even though I don't know, and I have not decided, if I believe she knew or not, your logical excuse of why she cannot be involved is moronic and demonstrates how I keep on saying products of a failed education system cannot reason.

So because Abacha controlled the whole economy means he did not coordinate with people in government to loot?

Slow down mate..slow down...i sense emotions are running high here but, logic should come 1st.
About 3 years ago; the bank i used to work for purchased a Mercedes G-Guard for the M.D; (on his request oh). the vehicle was just short of 100M so some bullet proof cars do really cost that much.
I'm not guessing because i was actually copied in the e-mails i had to source for best insurance offers for the "vehicle"
Now; the M.D didn't give a hoot how much the car cost or the transaction dynamics; he just requested for the specifications. But i very much doubt that he would receive kickbacks from the purchase.
Why?
Because alternative (not too obvious) means of making money are available to him.
My point;
We do not have sufficient evidence to say the minister has in anyway profited from purchase of this asset. Even if she ends up using the car....it's still not enough evidence...
My 2 kobo....
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Sagamite(m): 10:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
735 i:

Slow down mate..slow down...i sense emotions are running high here but, logic should come 1st.
About 3 years ago; the bank i used to work for purchased a Mercedes G-Guard for the M.D; (on his request oh). the vehicle was just short of 100M so some bullet proof cars do really cost that much.
I'm not guessing because i was actually copied in the e-mails i had to source for best insurance offers for the "vehicle"
Now; the M.D didn't give a hoot how much the car cost or the transaction dynamics; he just requested for the specifications. But i very much doubt that he would receive kickbacks from the purchase.
Why?
Because alternative (not too obvious) means of making money are available to him.
My point;
We do not have sufficient evidence to say the minister has in anyway profited from purchase of this asset. Even if she ends up using the car....it's still not enough evidence...
My 2 kobo....

Whoever bought the Mercedes for N100m ($600K) is milking your bank. Period!

It is not sensible to use such to justify another looting.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Pattey(m): 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Lets do away with sentiments and stay with the FACTS. Here are the FACTS on this matter:

2. NCAA is an autonomous agency under the administrative supervision of the minister of aviation

3. Based on the information provided by SR, in "a letter dated August 13, 2013, J.D Nkemakolam of the NCAA sent a letter to the Managing Director of Coscharis Motors asking the company to deliver to the NCAA two BMW 760 armored vehicles..". On August 13, 2013, Dr. Daniel Nkemakolam was no longer the DG of NCAA. This is a FACT. Dr. Daniel Nkemakolam was appointed acting DG on 12 Mar 2013. By July 2013, a substantive DG, NCAA Folayele Akinkuotu, had already taken over.
Akinkuotu’s appointment was confirmed on June 25 by the Senate. By July 4, he had already taken over as DG NCAA

4. There is nothing in the report to suggest the alleged vehicles purchased were for PRIVATE use.

5. There is nothing in the report linking the minister of aviation to alleged purchase of the vehicles or that she currently uses those vehicles.

The above are the FACTS in this matter. The other issues outside the FACTS above are speculations, conjectures, emotional spasms/convulsions and outbursts of sentiments. Let us stay with the FACTS.

If SR has more details linking the minister to the purchase of the vehicles or how the said vehicles were diverted to private use, SR should let out.

Also, as pointed out earlier, there are contradictions in the dates mentioned in the SR report.

Moreover, the standard practice in journalism is that you must give all parties an opportunity to say their side of the story. It is irresponsible to run to publish one-sided story.

It is important to stay with the FACTS, especially in these days of too much bad-belleism, politicization of everything and PULL-HIM/HER-DOWN SYNDROME.

Your summary, the dates on the letters and receipts are fake/forged. Right?
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by awodman: 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
This matter should never be swept under the carpet..the appropriate authorities should investigate this and whoever is found culpable must go...even if it is the Minister...

However, having established that J.D Nkemakolam was not the NCAA DG as at Aug 13,2013 puts the legitimacy of the documents tendered by Sahara reporters into question
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by tiarabubu: 10:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
If this is true, its most unfortunate. No matter who the car is going to, how, and why would an agency of government spend that much for a car? The Oga no go retire/leave office?

2 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by watzz: 10:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
City Hunter on point!......
pls more on oda thieves wu parade demslvz as public office holderz..
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by VirginFinder: 10:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
Billyonaire: What's the issue here ? Is it that our Government can not afford it or Crude Oil has finished from Niger Delta ? For Christ's Sake, we are a nation of Oil and Gas.

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by VirginFinder: 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2013
Kingspin: It was the same saharareport that told the world that Mr president want to the UN assemble in New York with 600 entourages at the end of the day they were not even up to 30 govt officials. What a locally fabricated lie. For that this info is a real trash.

You are quite daft! angry

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by watzz: 10:50pm On Oct 15, 2013

oga pack well....u urslf aint sincere...so dos cars r for public use ba?......
pls chng ur username.

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by wagzyl: 10:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
Pls, what has ethnicity got 2 do with this? Were d cars produced in Aba or assembled in Kano? Does the tribe of a pilot determine the success of a trip? The last local commercial flight that crashed at Iju-Ishaga, Lagos had a black american pilot or was the crash as a result of the ethnicity of the passengers again? You're critically myopic and cluster-bleeped in the head. I only wonder how you could be accurately stupid, brilliantly daft and foolishly ethnocentric with intense ignorance!
lygn19:
I think d best thing Stella Oduah can do is to start sacing all doz Faani Kayode imposed yoruba pilots and aviation workers,,, they re of no good to the aviation ministry, even if she wants to retain dem she shud keep dem in doz posts like gatemen,sweepers or cleaner...shikena...that's d only way to stop the rot in d aviation sector.

1 Like

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by manny4life(m): 10:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
$1.4million for BMW?

I don't care whether it's for Oduah or NCAA DG, this is just outrageous and whoever ordered this cars should be probed. This is the height of waste.

3 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by VirginFinder: 10:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
coruso: This These guys are nothing but learners.

smiley
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by VirginFinder: 11:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
manny4life: $1.4million for BMW?

I don't care whether it's for Oduah or NCAA DG, this is just outrageous and whoever ordered this cars should be probed. This is the height of waste.

God bless you.

Whoever ordered those cars should be sacked. angry

2 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by 735i(m): 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sagamite:

Whoever bought the Mercedes for N100m ($600K) is milking your bank. Period!

It is not sensible to use such to justify another looting.

I ain't trying to justify shyte!
In all your excitement you just missed the point!
"There's no proof the minister was involved in the sham" QED!
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Sagamite(m): 11:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
735 i:

I ain't trying to justify shyte!
In all your excitement you just missed the point!
"There's no proof the minister was involved in the sham" QED!

Where did you see me assert the minister was involved?
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by 735i(m): 11:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I never said you implied so... i'm just saying; "the fact that she's minister of aviation does not mean she's involved in the sham"

That's all I've been trying to say!
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by izzo22: 11:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
corperscorner: Observing d thread so far, just to realise a lot of pple still can't comprehend what has been written. They said she compelled NCAA to purchase those cars for her use. NCAA acted based on the instruction or shuld I say heat: dey got from their boss.
u mean verbally or a memo?
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by VirginFinder: 11:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
chukwudi44 Onlytruth:

Bros please stop speculating!! There is nothing in those documents that implicates the minister!! Give us evidence she ordered those vehicles or STFU.The person implicated here is the NCAA director and not the minister

I'd rather you were appalled by the fact that such a huge amount was wasted on purchasing BMW cars than be hell bent on exonerating the minister whether rightly or wrongly.

If you were patriotic enough, you'd want this case taken up and whoever found guilt severely dealt with.

The NCAA is under the ministry of aviation and she should be able to get wind of all such transactions and nip them in the bud prior to them being finalized or probe them thereafter and expose the fraud. I can't believe she doesn't have moles in the agency.

Were Nigeria some other country, she would resign honorably whether indicted or not.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by philybuck(m): 11:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
I don't understand why a transaction that was done by NCCA is been credited to the minster, NCCA is a subset of the ministry of aviation and does not have to right to make procurement for the minister any procurement made by the minister is not supposed to go through NCCA but should be credited to the minister's office directly. I think this sahara guys are high on smtin, let them return to the shahara desert where they belong and stop fooling people in our cyber space.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by groovie(m): 11:49pm On Oct 15, 2013
for petes sake i thought y'all should have deduced these cars are not for personal use? have u ever heard of high valued customers who will leave their private jets & want to be ferried to their destination in bullet proof cars? the money spent on acquiring those cars will be recovered in a year or two. u guys should have been surprised there has been nothin of such in our airports.

u think getting such documents will come this easy if it were fraud?
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 16, 2013
groovie: for petes sake i thought y'all should have deduced these cars are not for personal use? have u ever heard of high valued customers who will leave their private jets & want to be ferried to their destination in bullet proof cars? the money spent on acquiring those cars will be recovered in a year or two. u guys should have been surprised there has been nothin of such in our airports.

u think getting such documents will come this easy if it were fraud?

wetiin man no go hear as bizarre defense?

owners of private jets will be ferried by govt vehicles? you actually think the owners of private jets [or govt officials for that matter ] will not have their company/official vehicles waiting to pick them at the airport?

you think the government is in the business of ferrying transients from airports to their final destinations?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

whatever agency is involved, they are a parastatal of the ministry of aviation

1.6 million dollars comes to 256 million naira. there is no way this will not pass across her desk
unless madam minister's defenders want to tell us she is a clueless rubber stamp signing everything that comes her way without perusing , her hands are in it up to the armpits

2 Likes

Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by phestus(m): 12:21am On Oct 16, 2013
oyb:

wetiin man no go hear as bizarre defense?

owners of private jets will be ferried by govt vehicles? you actually think the owners of private jets [or govt officials for that matter ] will not have their company/official vehicles waiting to pick them at the airport?

you think the government is in the business of ferrying transients from airports to their final destinations?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

whatever agency is involved, they are a parastatal of the ministry of aviation

1.6 million dollars comes to 256 million naira. there is no way this will not pass across her desk
unless madam minister's defenders want to tell us she is a clueless rubber stamp signing everything that comes her way without perusing , her hands are in it up to the armpits

I see logic in this.
Which just acertain what i believe that such an amount of money wouldnt or could'nt have transact without the knowledge of a suprior power such as Madam minister:
but ofcause it dosent mean the FG cant have the theres asin the cars.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by chucky234(m): 12:38am On Oct 16, 2013
Sagamite: How can a BMW cost $800,000?

Even if it is bullet proof.
Amoured cars cost far more than the $800,000 you are screaming about,a little research will do.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by 4chi: 12:38am On Oct 16, 2013
gratiaeo:
What good has come out of your miserable and nitwit life?

Far better than what came out of your papa( the village drunkard) and your mama ( the village Bianca)'s life. You freaking guttersnipe. It certainly shall never be well with you. Ase n tedumare!!
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 16, 2013
Ah!

To be honest, this is a lot of money for 2 BMWs. undecided

If true it needs to be investigated.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by Nobody: 12:57am On Oct 16, 2013
Having perused the 'evidence' provided, it would be impossible to implicate the Aviation minister in this scandal.

Also, for the umpteenth time, the NCAA is an autonomous agency whose budget is separate from that of the Aviation ministry. Only the President/National Assembly can initiate a probe into this odious affair.
Re: Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) by naijaking1: 12:58am On Oct 16, 2013
Virgin Finder:

You are quite daft! angry
How come?
We know you have no time for the evidence or a full investigation, but are you also blind to the truth? A website that has proven itself unreliable can't be trusted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report / Meet The People Who Jogged From Owerri To Orlu To Celebrate Rochas' Victory.pix / Obiano Likely To Decamp To APC If He Wins & After Swearing In - Aye Dee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.