Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455182 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 16, 2014
Doctoroma, hope you've gotten passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 5:56am On Jul 16, 2014
slimmy05: Doctoroma, hope you've gotten passport.

Have also gotten mine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 16, 2014
Sponge3:

Have also gotten mine.
great.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Doctoroma(m): 6:10am On Jul 16, 2014
YESOOOO! THANKS! What's the update about u slimmy05, guess u av urs too, whr r u heading to or u in d US alrdy? How about streetmic, any update? Wishing u all God's favor and u shall all burgeon in Obamaland. Remain salubrious & opulent in d milieu of herculean opportunities.
slimmy05: Doctoroma, hope you've gotten passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 6:28am On Jul 16, 2014
Walspring:

2cm X 2cm and 5cm X 5cm are still the same

Bros I know be photographer...If the consulate wants 5cm X 5cm...I'll give them 5cm X 5cm :d
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 16, 2014
Doctoroma: YESOOOO! THANKS! What's the update about u slimmy05, guess u av urs too, whr r u heading to or u in d US alrdy? How about streetmic, any update? Wishing u all God's favor and u shall all burgeon in Obamaland. Remain salubrious & opulent in d milieu of herculean opportunities.
Thanks, still about to hit the embassy though. I am assured of success in God's name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 6:37am On Jul 16, 2014
To you guys having your interview today....
Let God speak for you today,Let Him make every crooked path straight today and melt every heart at that consulate so that your joy may be complete!!! Amen.

@doctormalik and co...
Bring home that visa.
We look forward to reading your transcripts.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 7:18am On Jul 16, 2014
zeezahbee: wrong, how can 2cm be same as 5cm cool

They are the same just that most photographers call it 2X2, inches will embassy call it 5cmx5cm..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 7:24am On Jul 16, 2014
Walspring:

I think this usually happened to few people or so cos something like this happened to a girl on this thread and she told me, I asked her to post it on the NIV thread and the VO said is not something serious, We called the US embassy and explained, we are told that they can't do anything and she should fill another form.

She filled another form and still the same, This same girl told me that Zeezahbee got same issue and she was able to rectify it but i didnt get the way she rectified that (I dont know if its true but Zeezahbee assisted her to add her education stuff anyway). But i think the issue should be random issue although i may be wrong with that..

About this DS160 issue,
When I filled my previous ds160 in Nov last year I filled that I had an uncle in the US, but when filling the new one, the side where they ask
Do you have an immediate relative in the US aside from your parent?
I clicked yes, but when I was asked to specify which relative I didn't see uncle in the options just saw brother, sister, spouse, step father or mother, no uncle so I clicked No and went to the next question which was do you have any other relative in the US? That was where I now clicked yes but it didn't bring out the option where I could select Uncle, it didn't bring out any option at all. Is that how the site is or is there a problem? Do you think I made any mistake or its the site that's just messing up?
I hope I filled it well this time?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 7:31am On Jul 16, 2014
domex007:

About this DS160 issue,
When I filled my previous ds160 in Nov last year I filled that I had an uncle in the US, but when filling the new one, the side where they ask
I clicked yes, but when I was asked to specify which relative I didn't see uncle in the options just saw brother, sister, spouse, step father or mother, no uncle so I clicked No and went to the next question which was do you have any other relative in the US? That was where I now clicked yes but it didn't bring out the option where I could select Uncle, it didn't bring out any option at all. Is that how the site is or is there a problem? Do you think I made any mistake or its the site that's just messing up?

I don't think it's a mistake. The US do not regard uncles n aunts as relatives and as such did not include them.
Must you fill in ur uncle info? If I will advise, stick to ur immediate family. If none is in the states, click NO in all those questions.
My opinion!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by igbonerd(m): 7:39am On Jul 16, 2014
DanjaNinja:

Not entirely true, You can pay with Mastercard via Paypal. ETS accepts paypal.

My bad. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 16, 2014
Zeezahbee, how did you rectify the ds160 issue please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 16, 2014
zeezahbee: wrong, how can 2cm be same as 5cm cool

LMAO! I think he meant to say 2"*2"

" = inch(es)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by KClight(m): 8:36am On Jul 16, 2014
I will be going for an interview in a week time. Got an
admission in Houston College for a NURSING degree But what I
don't really get is the question of what have you been doing
since you left school. I am a student of imsu 200 level but my
department is English and Literally studies. You see, if I say to
the VO that I am studying English in imsu, Don't you think
English as an academic discipline got nothing to do with
Nursing? Please pals I am so confused really need your help.
And besides imsu couldn't give me any transcript for now.
( really not an Organised institution)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 8:56am On Jul 16, 2014
KClight: I will be going for an interview in a week time. Got an
admission in Houston College for a NURSING degree But what I
don't really get is the question of what have you been doing
since you left school. I am a student of imsu 200 level but my
department is English and Literally studies. You see, if I say to
the VO that I am studying English in imsu, Don't you think
English as an academic discipline got nothing to do with
Nursing? Please pals I am so confused really need your help.
And besides imsu couldn't give me any transcript for now.
( really not an Organised institution)

Studying English is not a problem. It enhances you language wise. You can tell the VO dat Nursing is ur passion and u desire to pursue the degree in the US. Your studying English is even preparatory to ur main career. I think your lack of transcript is the issue. You deserve your transcript anytime any day. Push for it.........iI doubt the VO will believe you if you didn't present it.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 9:00am On Jul 16, 2014
Walspring:

hahahahahaha... grin grin grin grin grin grin

I quoted the school before because Amefrica post i decided to edit it and he also edited it so that the name of the school wont show again

a ah ms nas diaries god o...I'm an intending MSC IT student.. jus wanna giv ur sch a try since u r in same field as me ..pm ain't working for me....
u don't kn if I will consider marrying you since u got dumped by imperious.. bla bla.bla.la
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 9:02am On Jul 16, 2014
MsNas:
Yes, I wanted to know which of the AR schools you quoted grin

aaaaah ms nas diaries god o...I'm an intending MSC IT student.. jus
wanna giv ur sch a try since u r in same field as me ..pm ain't
working for me....
u don't kn if I will consider marrying you since u got dumped by
imperious.. bla bla.bla.la
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by KClight(m): 9:22am On Jul 16, 2014
@ Rijo0z thanks so much for your time. I so much appreciate. But about Transcript, can I use something else? what about my school e-transact(Fees receipt) issued by the Bank? can I use it instead? I have tried everything possible but the school keeps telling me it's not ready yet (very annoying you know)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 16, 2014
KClight: @ Rijo0z thanks so much for your time. I so much appreciate. But about Transcript, can I use something else? what about my school e-transact(Fees receipt) issued by the Bank? can I use it instead? I have tried everything possible but the school keeps telling me it's not ready yet (very annoying you know)
I really do not know the correlation between English language studies and nursing. I am going to assist you with an interview transcript of an applicant similar to your case. You will learn alot.

Please, don't give the house half information and expect response that will deal with your issues accordingly.

How old are you?

Did you take any standardized test?

State details about your application
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 16, 2014
slimmy05: I really do not know the correlation between English language studies and nursing. I am going to assist you with an interview transcript of an applicat similar to your case. You will learn alot
i think he should leave out telling the visa officer bout him being in imsu and in 200level and evening doing English.He will be asked why did he not transfer his course credits from his school in Nigeria to the new one abroad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 9:36am On Jul 16, 2014
domex007:

About this DS160 issue,

Your Uncle is not your immediate relative.. Only your siblings, parents, step-parents are immediate. so "NO"..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 16, 2014
stevecrun: i think he should leave out telling the visa officer bout him being in imsu and in 200level and evening doing English.He will be asked why did he not transfer his course credits from his school in Nigeria to the new one abroad.
exactly the message am passing accross to the dude. He should forget about imsu and go with a better reason.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 16, 2014
KClight: @ Rijo0z thanks so much for your time. I so much appreciate. But about Transcript, can I use something else? what about my school e-transact(Fees receipt) issued by the Bank? can I use it instead? I have tried everything possible but the school keeps telling me it's not ready yet (very annoying you know)
https://www.nairaland.com/1482362/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part5/126#20296111
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:44am On Jul 16, 2014
Rijo02:

I don't think it's a mistake. The US do not regard uncles n aunts as relatives and as such did not include them.
Must you fill in ur uncle info? If I will advise, stick to ur immediate family. If none is in the states, click NO in all those questions.
My opinion!

I filled it this way because I have filled my uncle in my previous ds160 so the embassy already has that in their system, I can change it again to NO, it ll look as if I am lying..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by KClight(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2014
@Slimmy Ok thanks. I am 23 years old. I didn't take any test, I have a brother in Houston and my Uncle is a Medical Doctor. They only asked me to send my waec result to them, which I did. They have sent me my I-20 and other necessary doc.Just yesterday I got my sevis fee receipt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by KClight(m): 9:59am On Jul 16, 2014
@stevecrun. What better reason would you suggest please. If I say I have been working, I don't have any documents to back it up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 16, 2014
KClight: @Slimmy Ok thanks. I am 23 years old. I didn't take any test, I have a brother in Houston and my Uncle is a Medical Doctor. They only asked me to send my waec result to them, which I did. They have sent me my I-20 and other necessary doc.Just yesterday I got my sevis fee receipt
I posted a link. Read the link, you would see an interview transcript just your profile.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 16, 2014
KClight: @stevecrun. What better reason would you suggest please. If I say I have been working, I don't have any documents to back it up
when did you finish secondary school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 16, 2014
KClight: @stevecrun. What better reason would you suggest please. If I say I have been working, I don't have any documents to back it up
reasons plenty..depends on when you finish high school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 10:07am On Jul 16, 2014
Guyz kindly hit the Qatar website and make payment to New york city at $806...cheapest flight so far but you will wait for Aiport tired..almost 30 hours in transit.....if you are ready check it sharp sharp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 10:09am On Jul 16, 2014
KClight: @Slimmy Ok thanks. I am 23 years old. I didn't take any test, I have a brother in Houston and my Uncle is a Medical Doctor. They only asked me to send my waec result to them, which I did. They have sent me my I-20 and other necessary doc.Just yesterday I got my sevis fee receipt

Anyway package yourself better..with boldness and confident they may forget to ask for standardized test..all the best but if u still have time quickly schedule an appointment and write IELTS or toefl..all da best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 16, 2014
olumide098: Guyz kindly hit the Qatar website and make payment to New york city at $806...cheapest flight so far but you will wait for Aiport tired..almost 30 hours in transit.....if you are ready check it sharp sharp
that price make sense..i no mind waiting for 48hours bro..

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.