Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays (22580 Views)

Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Why Don't Women Cover Their Heads In Church Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by PRECIOUSSOKARI(f): 6:17pm On Nov 03, 2013
Listen before ƴ☻Ų post anytin here dats concerns the Bible mk ŜƲƦƸ ƴ☻Ų read it well. 1 corinth said the hair of a womwn `°•ĨŞ̲̣̥
`°• Her pride therefore she should use it to cover her "HEAD" instead of a veil. A woman should only cover her head. If she has cut off her "HAIR" stop postin wat ƴ☻Ų dnt know or understand & read ur Bible well. Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Iruolycious(f): 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
If uncovering a wonans head in "church" is a sin, it's also a sin 4 a woman 2 cut her hair. Paul says it's 1 and dsame thng. We dnt have that CUSTOM
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2013
cold: This God sef,what is his problem with women? Their hair is so disgusting they have to cover it in your presence. They should be seen and not heard..which one again sef..you even want them råped & sold as slaves..ah ah baba God why're you such a misogynist? Are there not enough pressing problems in the world to deal with already rather than chasing after petty ego-massaging stuff? Na wa for you o!
U ar an etheist, no doubt!
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by JingoOAU(m): 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
@poster, pls remodify your topic as: why are ladies uncovering their heads in pentecostal churches.

Dem no born their forefathers and great grandfathers to dare open their head in orthodox churches(Anglican, catholic, methodist, african church,etc). These churches doesn't condone indiscipline to the extent of women opening their head in the church.

Infact, dem no born their papa well to even wear trousers to these orthodox churches.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
Iruolycious: If uncovering a wonans head in "church" is a sin, it's also a sin 4 a woman 2 cut her hair. Paul says it's 1 and dsame thng. We dnt have that CUSTOM
U dont have to twist the world God, to conform with ur vain doctry. For Jesus said i no my sheep and my knws me.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by LadyH(f): 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
stardragon:
U ar an etheist, no doubt!
u rily dint hve to mention.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by mspee(f): 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
Because of heat/fashion, as in the same reason they open their backs, laps, shoulders and cleavages. undecided undecided

While others open it because they want to show their brazillian hair. undecided
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ijebaby(f): 6:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
D more reason they like attending all this ''come as you are'' churches. The only thing that is on their mind is to make some guys notice their new hair styles, and block them after church service. Yes na so e bi!
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by creativemusic: 6:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ii laugh ooo
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Paschal007: 6:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
'Cause their 'hair' is given unto them as covering. Read your bible joor
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 6:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
blink182: you my friend are actually the piece of trash. You and people like you will continue to perish as long as you listen to your pastor and not read your bible yourselves.
God will open ur blind eyes
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by khadaffi(m): 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
From what I have read so far, it seems a lot of people here have problem with English. They seem to be confusing hair with head. I will advise you guys to read your bible in modern English and not KJV with its outdated english causing confusion everywhere.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by chrixtwill(m): 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
A woman Covering her hair is not a sign of ur spirituality or righteousness. it is a religious mindset date makes folks bring trivial issues Like dis up ..Our God remains a judge of motive(d reason u doin whteva u doin) n not a sentimental God...By d way why go 2 church jst 2 luk @ women? Check ur self bro.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 6:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
lolaxavier:

Guy, his/her comment does not in anyway mean trash. You are certainly the one talking off-key. How does this become your headache and problem? Who are you advocating for? How does it impact on your life? If a lady chooses not to cover her hair, it's 100% up to her. The sooner you accept the fact that people have free will to coordinate their lives and make decisions on their own, the better. Abeg, go park well jooor...
i wonder hw ur church will look like if u are a pastor. D name of ur church will be 'do as u like God understand'. People will just be trooping to hell in their thousands. When a blind man leads a blind man what do u think will happen?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Danhumprey: 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nonso23: Na wa for o.p o!
They want to show of their peruvian, brazillian, monrovian, ajegunle and yabaleft hair na.
grin
Andy is serious today..hian!
I tell you. grin
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Afritop(m): 7:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
Tobius tobius: How does it concern you? Go to church and listen to the Word, not peer about looking at uncovered female heads. Does the covering (or lack thereof) make them more/less faithful or spiritual? Making nountains out of molehills. Misogyny according to Apostle Paul.
Is that how you are going to reply Apostle paul's teaching/instruction on decent and acceptable mode of worship. Your comments contradicts what is in the bible because it is not included there
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by chrixtwill(m): 7:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
@poster, pls remodify your topic as: why are ladies uncovering their heads in pentecostal churches.

Dem no born their forefathers and great grandfathers to dare open their head in orthodox churches(Anglican, catholic, methodist, african church,etc). These churches doesn't condone indiscipline to the extent of women opening their head in the church.

Infact, dem no born their papa well to even wear trousers to these orthodox churches.
it is cos of all dis dry religious mentality u folks hav dat u ppl lack d demonstration of d power of God,turning christianity 2 a social organization or evn a political party. ....u folks make christian sistas luk old n ugly making dem unattractive wit smelly undone n unkept hair n chasing away suitors 4rm dem n causing d few married 1nce 2 loose dre husbands. D Lord will open ur eyes.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by myOGAonTOP: 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Sweetlemon(f): 7:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
Iruolycious: And insinuating that an uncovered head "in d presense of God" shares God's glory is such a shame. Where did d Bible say that? Wasn't it God that gave her d glory in d frst place?
Iruolycious: If u read more closely, u'll see that head covering 4 women was a CUSTOM in corinth. We have no such custom so y bother?

Please help me tell them o!
Africans (Nigerians) can be so shockingly ignorant at times. Bunch of busy bodies poking their noses into trival issues.
Mtcheeew
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by solomon111(m): 7:10pm On Nov 03, 2013
Who cares?
Na dem sabi.
Atleast in my church,any lady that comes in without covering her head will be called aside and asked to cover her hair, atleast with her handkerchief just for that day instead of spiritually polluting the environment and limiting the move of the holyspirit.
We wonder why there'so little power in the church today compared to the apostolic era.
"little little" compromise like this are responsible for the powerlessness in the church.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by chrixtwill(m): 7:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
babestell: I think one of the reasons why the practice of women covering their hair is losing ground and probably fade very soon is because it is being enforced for the wrong reasons. Most people talk about submission, authorithy or power. In this age and time when females are accomplishing as much as their male peers, those words are a big turn off. At least it is for me. Is it the hanky some ladies use or flimsy scarf that is now the covering of hair, the only reason I cover my hair in church is as an act of humility before God, just a little way I show him that I depend totally on him and I only do that in front of the blessed sacrament. Just my own take

Also considering the verses below, is there any other way we can choose to intepret the context. Perhaps to mean that the issue is subject to the prevailing culture of the enviroment
13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering. 16 If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God.
. it is cos of all dis dry religious mentality u folks hav dat u ppl lack d demonstration of d power of God,turning christianity 2 a social organization or evn a political party. ....u folks make christian sistas luk old n ugly making dem unattractive wit smelly undone n unkept hair n chasing away suitors 4rm dem n causing d few married 1nce 2 loose dre husbands. D Lord will open ur eyes.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by skybridge(m): 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
Some are reading bible to suit themselve not God,the word of God remain dsame.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ireneidiva(f): 7:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
Much ado about nothing

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by solomon111(m): 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
ireneidiva: Much ado about nothing
Apostle paul didn't see it as "Nothing".
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by khanivorous(f): 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
Wait ooooh...

Is it the same apostle paul that never got married or another one?

That apostle practically made whatever makes a man sad look glorified
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by khanivorous(f): 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
Wait ooooh...

Is it the same apostle paul that never got married or another one?

That apostle practically made whatever makes a man sad look glorified..
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by acnwanaka: 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
That's why i love Anglican church, you their not go to church with your hair uncovered
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Irises(m): 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
i dont understand this.. is this covering of the head about head tie and scarf.. what about dey hair we plait, weavon, and so on.. cos i guess dat is covering too

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
@OP:

I believe that it was a custom in Corinth at the time as Paul mentioned.

If you want to go that route, then you will have to talk against wearing of suits, building balconies and altars, mixed cropping, shaving of beards, working on the sabbath etc.

It is well

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ocheejemb: 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: Why are ladies opening their head in church? Is it to display their new hairstyles or what? Is it proper?

Now, some questions we would be confronted with is as follows:

1. When ladies open their head in church, does it not contradicts paul's teaching in 1corinthians 11:1-16.

2. Are they not usurping men's authority for not putting a covering on their head?

3. Does women in bible days go to church without covering their head with a veil or a scarfs? Or they open it.

4. Is the symbol of authority that paul talks about in 1corinthians 11:10 the woman's long hair or what?

5. If the woman's long hair is her glory does she suppose to display that glory in God's presence? Or cover it up and submit to his glory? Isaiah 42:8.

6. When a lady display her long hair in church is she not competing with God's glory? And that she lacked submission to God's authority and the headship of the man?

7. Is it really true that women's long hair is given to them for a covering?

8. Are ladies suppose to prophesy, pray etc without covering their head or hair?

I want you to drop your comment and provide answers to these questions.

God doesn't care what is on your head. He's more interested in what is in your heart.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Irises(m): 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
men looks at the outward(covering of hair).. God looks at the inward (a pure heart).. when your hair is bald(as in no hair at all) then u have to cover it.. but when you have hairs( ur head is covered)
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by chrixtwill(m): 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
solomon111: Who cares?
Na dem sabi.
Atleast in my church,any lady that comes in without covering her head will be called aside and asked to cover her hair, atleast with her handkerchief just for that day instead of spiritually polluting the environment and limiting the move of the holyspirit.
We wonder why there'so little power in the church today compared to the apostolic era.
"little little" compromise like this are responsible for the powerlessness in the church.
I tank God 4 ur church bro,wen dey undastand d scripture beta dan dere great grand fathers did dre eyes will b opened n dey will adjust.....Was 1nce lyke u folks,crucified evry lady dat wore trouser or used attachment,bt jst like saul d sweet Lord delivered me my ignorance n brought me in2 his Grace,Nw I knw its d Spirit of God dat empowers a beliver 2 live rite n dress rite n not all dis religious trash dat God dosint care abt. Jst b filled wit d Holyghost n walk in d Spirt,Living rite n dressing rite bcoms a delite 2 u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is The Village Witches And Wizards Story True? Will They Attack Me If.. / Pastors Conduct Deliverance On Members By Flogging Them With Leather Belts / If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.