Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays (22583 Views)

Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Why Don't Women Cover Their Heads In Church Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by phunmike85(f): 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2013
I think u all should read 1 cor 11 well and try to undertsand.Its says a woman should have a covering on her head,wen u go further down it says the hair is a covering.so as long as there's hair on her head,she needs not use a scarf if she doesn't want to
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2013
Another silly topic cos of what a certain book says.... *sigh*
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by GSKing: 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
carr101: Another silly topic cos of what a certain book says.... *sigh*
lol, topics like this leaves me annoyed, arrrrgggghhhh. I best ignore them anyways...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
jelel6:
well, ask your pastor in church tomorow. He may understand.

Very typical grin grin grin grin grin grin

Quoting scriptures you know nothing about grin grin grin grin grin

Read from that verse to the end. You will see exactly what Jesus meant by "Fulfilling the Law".

I'm out. I'm the wrongest person to debate the Bible with especially if you have half knowledge of what is written. tongue tongue tongue tongue

And lastly, I don't have a pastor tongue tongue. Gave that shyt up ages ago. Pastors told so many lies grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
Only in African churches women cover their heads, only in African churches women don't wear trousers!!! Holiest continent on planet earth yet witches in my village are still throwing parties! Tskk! I bet heaven would be over populated by Africans grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
carr101: Only in African churches women cover their heads, only in African churches women don't wear trousers!!! Holiest continent on planet earth yet witches in my village are still throwing parties! Tskk! I bet heaven would be over populated by Africans grin

Laff don tear my boxers grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

True talk my person grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Osax2rule: 10:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
Goldenheart: Saw two ladies in church today, they came late, probably during announcement, hair uncovered, n they are both pinging n playing solitaire.
And i thought to myself. Why should i judge this people. Its not my concern.
i also saw them, infact one na my chic
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by GSKing: 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
carr101: Only in African churches women cover their heads, only in African churches women don't wear trousers!!! Holiest continent on planet earth yet witches in my village are still throwing parties! Tskk! I bet heaven would be over populated by Africans grin
hiiiiilllllaaaaarrrrriiiiioooooouuuuusssssssssss!!!!!!

errrrmmm... okay, we aren't from the same village. but how did you know what our Reverend sisters do these days....still wondering why juju priests don't live in mansions these days... with the caliber of hypocrites that visits daily... tsk tsk tsk
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
phunmike85: I think u all should read 1 cor 11 well and try to undertsand.Its says a woman should have a covering on her head,wen u go further down it says the hair is a covering.so as long as there's hair on her head,she needs not use a scarf if she doesn't want to

Doesn't that sound silly? grin grin grin grin

God nor get better work do, na to dey inspect who wear scarf or who no wear scarf, or who plait attachment, who attach Brazillian hair, or who barb low cut or gorimakpa. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chei!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 03, 2013
GSKing:
hiiiiilllllaaaaarrrrriiiiioooooouuuuusssssssssss!!!!!!

errrrmmm... okay, we aren't from the same village. but how did you know what our Reverend sisters do these days....still wondering why juju priests don't live in mansions these days... with the caliber of hypocrites that visits daily... tsk tsk tsk

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by chrixtwill(m): 10:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
sigidporte: many of these girls/women are not rooted in the word of God and they are being led astray by these new generation churches carved out with the sole aim of making money rather than making people see the truth in the word of God.
bro dre is notin like a new generation church bt ministers who by d Grace of God hav a beta understanding of wht d Spirit is saying,d old religious minded churches ar jst like d pharasees who culd not understand d basic tins God was saying 2ru Christ Jesus till dey ended up Crucifying Him....Dey wre so blinded by dre Long Robes n rods.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by mencer(m): 10:48pm On Nov 03, 2013
1 How does a covered or uncovered head contribute to a person's salvation?

2 Is the issue of covering the head part of the gospel that is the power of God?

3 Is the head or hair unholy so that it has to be covered in a church or will the veil make it holy?

4 Is the presence of God limited to the church premises where you are required to cover or uncover?

5 Does the practice to answered or unanswered prayers?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by mencer(m): 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
chrixtwill: bro dre is notin like a new generation church bt ministers who by d Grace of God hav a beta understanding of wht d Spirit is saying,d old religious minded churches ar jst like d pharasees who culd not understand d basic tins God was saying 2ru Christ Jesus till dey ended up Crucifying Him....Dey wre so blinded by dre Long Robes n rods.

Why crucify your brother?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nnadiguyman20(m): 12:00am On Nov 04, 2013
A tradition
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by emmaelectelect(m): 12:03am On Nov 04, 2013
Goldenheart: Saw two ladies in church today, they came late, probably during announcement, hair uncovered, n they are both pinging n playing solitaire.
I guess they can't imagine or attempt to try it in a "Taliban" controlled domain
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by pretta: 3:02am On Nov 04, 2013
never waste ur time arguing with someone who is ignorant of the word of God. bible condemns arguin among brethren. in dis case let evryone go with wat he or she believs. the most important is read ur bible urself n hav ur personal encounter wit God and He wil giv u knowledg n understandin. we r in time of Grace n in Grace all dat matters is d hrt. so let ur hrt b pure in other to make heaven.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by anataala: 5:29am On Nov 04, 2013
because the are tied of following bible teaching, otherwise is mandatory in the bible for women to cover their head, and pastors does't care the only teach what the feels will make you happy so that you will not stop worshiping nd contributing titles to their churches.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by BonnyDominic: 5:49am On Nov 04, 2013
Mary, daugter of God d Father,Mother of God d son and spouse of d Holy spirit has shown it all. D women should imitate her virtues on dis topic in question.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by laurel03(m): 6:22am On Nov 04, 2013
Religion is confusion... Christianity with different rules and belief some will tell you not to use gold, Some will tell u a woman can not preach on altar, some will tell you is saturday to worship, Some will say that little alcohol is not sin, some will against musical instruments or any form of music, some will not born and some will tell you heaven is on earth etc Likewise muslim also have different believe like the Sufism and Almadiyah in islam. Yet their are so many other religion in the world now but all of the religion will claim they are the best. ...
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by hubreality(m): 6:34am On Nov 04, 2013
Why would they even uncover their hair while outside the Church the first place? It should be permanently covered for full obedience of religious dogmas; God is not only in Church but everywhere. Whether covered or uncovered, what defiles a man comes from the inside not outside.

Christianity is not a religion, but the life of God in a believer. Religion is simply man made!
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Chimaobikalu(m): 7:02am On Nov 04, 2013
[quote author=Goldenheart]Saw two ladies in church today, they came late, probably during announcement, hair uncovered, n they are both pinging n playing solitaire.
And i thought to myself. Why should i judge this people. Its not my concern. It is our concern.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by drealdoc89(m): 7:11am On Nov 04, 2013
thank u bro.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by maddman: 8:35am On Nov 04, 2013
they want to show us their peruvian abi na brazillian hair
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by trolling(m): 8:43am On Nov 04, 2013
Christian doctrines babbles a lot, her doctrines are unstable and you can't know them this is why they have different doctrines and denomi(demon)nation, this is why it's called Mystery Babylon.. Babylon is derived from babble... My Hebrew sisters know they have to cover their head at all times, not necessarily for man but for a Spiritual covering... Well Christianity and Judaism teaches two different doctrines... Christianity is a man-made, but Judaism is the culture and lifestyle of the Hebrew Israelites
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 04, 2013
lastmessenger:
how are u sure they will perish?
I didn't say they are going to perish, they are already perishing from lack of knowledge.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by MCKULQ(m): 9:13am On Nov 04, 2013
chidyhels: Cos everybody is writing their own bible and interpreting it the way they like.

ET... grin
You are on point.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by ravgach: 10:30am On Nov 04, 2013
mencer:

2 Is the issue of covering the head part of the gospel that is the power of God?

3 Is the head or hair unholy so that it has to be covered in a church or will the veil make it holy?

4 Is the presence of God limited to the church premises where you are required to cover or uncover?

5 Does the practice to answered or unanswered prayers?

There are two major words that are gradually destroying the modern man - RATIONALIZATION and RELATIVITY! These words have partially succeeded in eroding what we used to know as RIGHT and WRONG. To a lot of people, you are JUDGEMENTAL when you apply the rules of right and wrong. The issue of the worship of God has not been spared these challenges. Many people who have acquired this mindset have somehow succeeded in sneaking into the church as 'Pastors', 'Man of God', 'Bishops' etc. These names are used to mask their real personalities while they go on feeing fat on the gullible lots and trying to erode the very foundation and pillars upon which the church is founded. My happiness however, is that they have failed ab initio as the gates of hell shall never prevail against the Church of God. Matthew 16:18.
Q.
A.
How can one be saved without obedient to the Lord's instructions? Salvation is love for the savior, adherence to his revealed instructions and a willing heart relationship with Him.
Q.
A.
Yes of course! The gospel is made up of rules which are known as doctrines and we have the commandment to uphold these doctrines. 1 Timothy 4:16 "Watch your life and doctrine closely."
Q.
A.
No. Not at all. We cover the head because of the angels. 1 Corinthians 11:10. To show we are submissive.
Q.
A.
No. We cover our heads everywhere and anytime we are praying especially if we have the chance to do so. That is, if we are not in a difficult position at all.
Q.
5 Does the practice lead to answered or unanswered prayers?
A. Yes and No. If we willingly refuse to obey the command, our prayers may not be answered. But if we are in a difficult situation and pray without head covering, we will definitely be heard.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Margaret123(f): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2013
Do u go 2 church 2 count hw many ladies/women/gals uncover deir hairs Y dnt u use dat tym 2 listen 2 God's Word dat'll make ur lyf beta... I can bet dat sum ladies dat wear d lngest skirt eva 2 church nd tie deir hairs nd luk holy arn't as holy as sum ladies dat dnt cova deir hairs... Sum pple ar sayin sum churches shldn't allow indecent dressed ladies 2 enta d church....tink diply abt it... If u send dm out, is dat a way of savin deir souls 4 Christ Itz nt.... If a lady uncovers ha hair 2 church doz it mean she'll go 2 hell or she isn't holy Evrytn strts 4rm d hrt nd God kws doz dat ar trully servin hm... So stp judgin sum pple nd use dat tym 2 chck if u're Mr or Mrs Puriest....
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ochhie(f): 11:27am On Nov 04, 2013
As a lady, just cover ur hair, it won't kill u! And if u also wanna cover ur head, do it but try not to fall down!
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO: you all fail to read I Cor. 11:16
But if any man seem to be contentious (that is to disagree with the doctrine of covering the hair), we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
it means if you go to some churches in Western countries, you'll classify all their women as sinners.
dats what nigerian want too emulate the western life..God save us
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Jay5000(m): 11:56am On Nov 04, 2013
You're the one that needs to read well b4 posting. It says the woman must cover her "haired head in church". It also says that exposing the hair is the same as carrying a shaved hair; which is disgraceful. It can be deduced from that verse therefore that women with shaved hair are not required to cover their hair. It never said women with shaved hair should cover their hair and the ones with hair shouldn't bother, so i really dont know how you came to your conclusion. You may choose to remix it to suit u but the instruction is quite simple.
PRECIOUS SOKARI: Listen before ƴ☻Ų post anytin here dats concerns the Bible mk ŜƲƦƸ ƴ☻Ų read it well. 1 corinth said the hair of a womwn `°•ĨŞ̲̣̥
`°• Her pride therefore she should use it to cover her "HEAD" instead of a veil. A woman should only cover her head. If she has cut off her "HAIR" stop postin wat ƴ☻Ų dnt know or understand & read ur Bible well. Mtcheew
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by mystikal(m): 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
just do what your conscience convinces you is right.

F**k ambigous doctrines

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is The Village Witches And Wizards Story True? Will They Attack Me If.. / Pastors Conduct Deliverance On Members By Flogging Them With Leather Belts / If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.