Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,916 members, 7,828,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays (22581 Views)

Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Why Don't Women Cover Their Heads In Church Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:
If you check the reasons behind Paul's stance, it was because of the Jewish societal norm then. It was only a prostitute that could go out with the head uncovered. I am not a Jew and I don't live in their society, I am a gentile and that doctrine doesn't apply to me.

No offense, but you're wrong. The book of Corinthians was written to the church in Corinth, a Gentile region. This has nothing to do with Jews. If it did, Paul would be a hypocrite by asking them to ignore calls for circumcision, and at the same time telling them to obey some other Jewish custom (head covering as you claim). Head covering is a statement about authority, which we all know is in conflict with feminist thought.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 8:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
vickyO:
Don't forget that covering is a doctrine not a direct command so it can change depending on the people invovled. And the Bible isn't the Word of God, Jesus is. Bible to me is only a guide which contains some things God said.
u dnt know what u are saying. U really hv the nerves to say d bible is nt the word of God? U really amaze me.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Adesplendid(m): 8:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
I don't know why the words in the bible were not contradicting... hmn now I know why it is conpulsory for all female muslims to use hijjab .
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ntabeh: 9:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
For d bible says the hair of a woman is made for a covering
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Vires: 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
Whether you cover you hair or you don't cover your hair
ain't gonna get you to heaven!!!!!!!
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 7:34am On Nov 05, 2013
NeoTesla:

No offense, but you're wrong. The book of Corinthians was written to the church in Corinth, a Gentile region. This has nothing to do with Jews. If it did, Paul would be a hypocrite by asking them to ignore calls for circumcision, and at the same time telling them to obey some other Jewish custom (head covering as you claim). Head covering is a statement about authority, which we all know is in conflict with feminist thought.
it was also a custom among the Greeks, Romans, the Eastern nations and some other nations. sorry I failed to include that.
Did you fail to read vs. 16?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 7:38am On Nov 05, 2013
vickyO:
it was also a custom among the Greeks, Romans, the Eastern nations and some other nations. sorry I failed to include that.
i dnt know why u are dancing back and forth.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 7:39am On Nov 05, 2013
Ukuts gp: u dnt know what u are saying. U really hv the nerves to say d bible is nt the word of God? U really amaze me.
You failed to read my explanation. The Bible is a guide, the Apostles referred to it as the scriptures not the word of God. Jesus is the Word of God, read Rev. 19:13, John 1:1. The Bible is a guide which must be studied and understood by Christians cause if you fail to read a guide, you'll miss your route. So our route as Christians is the narrow path to heaven, if you do not study your guide, you'll find your self in the broad way.....
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by vickyO(f): 7:45am On Nov 05, 2013
Ukuts gp: i dnt know why u are dancing back and forth.
I said I failed to include it. so it wasn't only a jewish custom. and you also fail to tell me what you understand by vs. 16 of that chapter
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Danbam(m): 9:27am On Nov 05, 2013
I'll suggest u go read dis book "the woman question" by kenneth hagin..It ansas all ur q
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Grenade006: 10:24am On Nov 05, 2013
End time things, soon they will start "red carpet" in church and Denrele as the host.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by selegold: 11:54am On Nov 05, 2013
When someone here's about things happening in the Church and asks: "what concerns u?" It's because he/she is a stranger in Church & so is unconcerned. We all know how the Lord Jesus reacted when he saw people changing money & selling in the Temple. That's the same attitude a true child of God would have. PLEASE, if u are not affected, don't worsen issues by making post that encourages wrong doing. You are not the one who will approve them at the end so, why tell them it doesn't matter when that 'little thing' may cost them so much.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
vickyO:

1. Are you trying to say that Paul wrote all that just because he wanted the church to conform with the prevailing customs of the time? Isn't it reasonable that if this was the case, he would have paved the way for many other popular cultures in that period to be imported into the church. Your claims pose a great danger to unadulterated christian practice.

2. Apparently, you fail to see that the head covering issue isn't just about the woman. It is about man, woman and God. If it were simply about prevailing culture, men would have been told to pray with their heads COVERED, as this was the practice of the time, both in Judaism and the Roman religion. I believe this kills the custom argument.

3. Paul specifically says that women should wear head coverings when PRAYING and PROPHESYING. What do praying and prophesying have to do with popular culture of women in head coverings going about their everyday duties?

4.Did you even see the part about the Angels (vs 10)? What concerns the Angels with custom?

5. From the early christian church (based on drawings and paintings found in the catacombs) to the early 20th century (about 1900 years), the churches practiced head coverings. It was not until the rise of feminism that this practice started getting discarded. You talk about verse 16, which completely agrees with my point: "If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God."

6. Would a woman not go to heaven for exposing her head while praying? I highly doubt that. Would she lose some rewards for not covering her head? I don't know. Does she have anything to lose by obeying the scripture? Certainly not, except of course, feminist support.

7. I am a man, and your decision to cover or uncover your head does not make me gain or lose anything. But I'm simply commenting based on what I consider to be right, according to the written word.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2013
NeoTesla:

1. Are you trying to say that Paul wrote all that just because he wanted the church to conform with the prevailing customs of the time? Isn't it reasonable that if this was the case, he would have paved the way for many other popular cultures in that period to be imported into the church. Your claims pose a great danger to unadulterated christian practice.

2. Apparently, you fail to see that the head covering issue isn't just about the woman. It is about man, woman and God. If it were simply about prevailing culture, men would have been told to pray with their heads COVERED, as this was the practice of the time, both in Judaism and the Roman religion. I believe this kills the custom argument.

3. Paul specifically says that women should wear head coverings when PRAYING and PROPHESYING. What do praying and prophesying have to do with popular culture of women in head coverings going about their everyday duties?

4.Did you even see the part about the Angels (vs 10)? What concerns the Angels with custom?

5. From the early christian church (based on drawings and paintings found in the catacombs) to the early 20th century (about 1900 years), the churches practiced head coverings. It was not until the rise of feminism that this practice started getting discarded. You talk about verse 16, which completely agrees with my point: "If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God."

6. Would a woman not go to heaven for exposing her head while praying? I highly doubt that. Would she lose some rewards for not covering her head? I don't know. Does she have anything to lose by obeying the scripture? Certainly not, except of course, feminist support.

7. I am a man, and your decision to cover or uncover your head does not make me gain or lose anything. But I'm simply commenting based on what I consider to be right, according to the written word.
well spoken
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Kingauthur: 6:58am On Nov 07, 2013
What I realize is that most Christian today are too religious forgetting that Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with the Holy Spirit a way of life. This is why many of these Christians prefer to appear holy and pious but inside of them they are deadly. Now I consider these

This weavon we are talking about is it the ladies hair or head? If a lady put on a weavon or wig that covers her hair/ head and another lady put on a feather hat or a scarf has any of them left their natural hair uncovered?

Consider the Apostolic Faith church members they don't cover their hair in church are they committing sin too?

Now it is their Church doctrine. Do we now say covering or uncovering of hair is a church doctrine?

No it is as the Holy Spirit leads the child of God and the revelation the Holy Spirit (not self spirit) gives you of a particular scripture that you should stand on it is your sure and solid foundation
one thing I am so sure of as the scripture put it is that 'if thou confess with thy mouth the lord Jesus and thou shalt believe in thine heart that God raised Him from the dead thou shall be saved'. Not if you cover or uncover your head

Please know that your word can not change people it is only the Holy Spirit that does that. Enough of condemnation if you feel it is not right please pray for us
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Ukutsgp(m): 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ladies ought to cover their hair in church. I stand on the truth from now till tommorow. All those false prophet shud stop their false teaching.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by lolaxavier(m): 11:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
hubreality: Why would they even uncover their hair while outside the Church the first place? It should be permanently covered for full obedience of religious dogmas; God is not only in Church but everywhere. Whether covered or uncovered, what defiles a man comes from the inside not outside.

Christianity is not a religion, but the life of God in a believer. Religion is simply man made!

U get problem. Dullard.Dundee United. U don smoke garri abi...
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by mystikal(m): 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
ravgach:

Christians do not follow their consciences when it comes to obeying God's command. Christians follow the written Word of God! Their consciences are made to be attuned to or aligned with the infallible Word of God.

The conscience is that unexplainable “something” that grabs our attention long enough to ask, “Is this right?” It’s
that voice inside of us that yells when we’re about to make a wrong move or do something that will hurt us or someone else.

The voice of the Holy Spirit is gentle, like a dove. His voice is identical to your conscience, since God speaks to us using our conscience.

Rom. 2:14, 15
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 10, 2013
@ op......so I asked you which church you attend in your other thread critizing the catholic church and you ran away and came over here. lmao
Since you said in your other thread that catholics and t.b Joshua followers will go to hell, I asked you which church do you attend so that we can follow your heavenly pastor. Alas, Immediately I asked that question, you abandoned the thread and ran away.
Why are you so ashamed of naming your church, rather hiding behind your keyboard and attacking others.
If you are scared of naming your church, how are you going to convert the hell bound team of catholics and t,b Joshua team nah?

cant stop laughing.

I dare you to mention your church

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is The Village Witches And Wizards Story True? Will They Attack Me If.. / Pastors Conduct Deliverance On Members By Flogging Them With Leather Belts / If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.